PDA

View Full Version : Transferred?

~SapphireStar~
05-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Has anyone here ever transferred colleges or universities? Im currently in the process of doing so. I find that in uni when you need help to get something done, you become invisible. When I emailed the head of my course about transferring, he completely ignored me. My personal tutor had to step in and pointed me in another direction. But that lead me to a dead end also.

I gave up on my current uni for help, so I went to the place I wanted to transfer to. It took a while but I managed to get in contact with the course leader of my chosen course and Im meeting her this Thursday. Im mega nervous and hope she accepts me into her course because I cant continue my current one due to funds.

Have you transferred before? Was it quick and easy, or were people being difficult trying to make you change your mind?

Evastio
05-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I've never been transferred before. And I hope I never do.

~SapphireStar~
05-11-2006, 12:28 PM
That doesnt actually help me though. I need advice from people who have been transferred, not people who havent.

The meeting is in an 90 minutes, Im really nervous. I just hope they dont say "We'll think about it" cause I want a "Yes, we are more then happy to have you on board." Then leave Leeds and get all the first year work done.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I want to transfer college but there's no colleges in my area that do my course... So.. I'm stuck in /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty Hastings...

Captain Maxx Power
05-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes I'm currently transferring. I'm waiting on my main choice to get back to me. I've already gotten two other unconditional offers so far, so if I get my third choice unconditional I'm going to be VERY worried as karma will get the better of me. I've fought to get my place though, so even if they say no I'm going to 'effing battle for it.

~SapphireStar~
05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Well Ive just gotten back and the head woman of the course seemed happy to take me on the course. It shouldnt be a problem, but I have to deal with UCAS, whom I hate and get the form sent to them before the middle of June, so mums going to try and help me sort out the form.