PDA

View Full Version : Mario and Pokemon vs. FF

Jaggelus
05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
My fellow FF lovers, please unite! We have encountered a threatening problem in the gaming world! Though this might pose as obvious to some or all of you, I find it rather insulting that Mario and Poke'mon both are beating the Final Fantasy series in the selling-games ratings. Poke'mon is even beating FF by a landslide! What has this world come to?! Poke'mon is the most retarded thing SINCE Mario, and yet it's beating FF, a far superior series than either of the two.

200 million-Mario

150 million-Poke'mon

60 million-FF series

48.6 million-Grand Theft Auto

... PLEASE give me your thoughts, fellow Final Fantasy lovers!

~SapphireStar~
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
On what? Why Pokemon is beating FF? Maybe because Pokemon is more mainstream and both young children and adults worldwide adore it. And people love Mario because the games are plain good old fun and the lead character has stayed the same.

Leeza
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
*moves to General Gaming*

Well, Pokeman does have Mewtwo. :cat:

NeoCracker
05-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes, but look at how many Pokemon games there on on portables and consoles. Since Gameboy handhelds have easily been the top selling systems and there are so many more people with hand helds thanconsoles, thus more people have the option of Pokemon than FF. In addition many people by every game of pokemon per set, such as red, blue, and yellow. And its child friendly compared to FF, therefore more kids will have it bought for them by parents. MArio is just a classic loved by all, so its not surprising they are beating FF.

Remon
05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Pokemon and Mario are for kiddies
FF is for cool,awsome,interesting,amazing,wonderful,extraordinary,fantasic people.YEAH! :cool:

Elite Lord Sigma
05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
My fellow FF lovers, please unite! We have encountered a threatening problem in the gaming world! Though this might pose as obvious to some or all of you, I find it rather insulting that Mario and Poke'mon both are beating the Final Fantasy series in the selling-games ratings. Poke'mon is even beating FF by a landslide! What has this world come to?! Poke'mon is the most retarded thing SINCE Mario, and yet it's beating FF, a far superior series than either of the two.

200 million-Mario

150 million-Poke'mon

60 million-FF series

48.6 million-Grand Theft Auto

First of all, not everybody here is a Final Fantasy lover. (Even though I am).

Second of all, let's see how many games (not including ports) have been released under each franchise:

Mario: 57 games
Pokemon: 29 games
Final Fantasy: 17 games

Remon
05-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Yea but ff games are better and cooler,i mean effects,battle system,characters etc...right?

Peegee
05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Pokemon has pikachu.

Pikachu > *

Remon
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I like pichu more!
Pichu*

NeoCracker
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Pikachu sucks, Scyther's where the money is.

Tavrobel
05-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, Pokemon does have Mewtwo.

But overall, as cool as FF is, Mario and Pokemon have them beat by quality of game. Unlike RPGs, Mario doesn't have to deal with plot (although some of them trump FF anyways), and Pokemon is simpler and more child friendly, unlike some err... sons of submariners I could mention.

Plus, Mewtwo. C'mon. Can YOU beat a Pokemon with 150000000 repeating IQ, catch it with an Ultra Ball, and somehow, by some miracle of impossible explanation, still get your butt handed to you by the Elite Four? Yeah, I thought not. Not in FF. After you beat the game, it's done, despite the extra stuff.

Plus, Mario and Pokemon can appeal to more people; I don't see a group of cult followers obsessing over Mario or Pokemon as though it were the greatest thing in the world. I see football players and jocks going on with their lives as though it didn't matter after they finish the game.

Rase
05-10-2006, 12:37 AM
I see it as a gameplay thing. Both of those games, in my opinion, easily beat Final Fantasy in this area, while Final Fantasy definetly does better in the story/production values area. Still, if all I wanted in a game was a good story, I'd rather read a book. I like to feel like I'm actually in the world of the game I'm playing. FF makes me feel like I'm watching it from the sidelines.

Dixie
05-10-2006, 12:52 AM
*moves to General Gaming*

Well, Pokemon does have Mewtwo. :cat:Sorry, but it really really bothred me.

Pokemon rules! Mario is really cool, too. FF has a really good story to it...in almost all of the games. By quality...Mario and Pokemon and by story...FF! ^_^

Zeromus_X
05-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Mewtwo kicks ass. And after all, he is sorta a kitty. I think...:cat:

Well anyway, yeah, Pocket Monsters and Mario are just more mainstream and appeal to a wide audience, so it's really not surprising. Nor does it really matter, all these series sell really well anyway. :cat:

starseeker
05-10-2006, 05:53 PM
There are 29 pokemon games?

NINJA_Ryu
05-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Meh, i would have to say it should be FF > Mario + Pokemon, soley because of story/charachters/enviorments

What other franchise do you know has survived 15+ years made out of a new game with new plot, charachters, locations etc.

Mario has about 2-3 diffrent worlds MAX if im right

Pokemon only has 1. ( i say one because technically, they have a bunch, but the only thing that seperates it is the new faces to catch/ beat, not that great of a story.)

What can i say? im a story person i guess.

Jebus
05-11-2006, 02:34 AM
/me eats a super mushroom.

Woah. Dude. *giggles loudly and falls over*

Rengori
05-11-2006, 02:45 AM
Just because Mario has 57 games, a larger fan base, a larger target audience, loveable characters, and has been around longer than FF it's suddenly a problem

Skarr
05-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Who cares which franchise is more successful...I like all three so there. Mewtwo eats a mushroom and summons Bahamut. :tongue: