PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII x3?

Auragaea
05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
What's the deal with the 3 FFXIIIs (FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, and FF Agito XIII)?

Crossblades
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
FF XIII is the original game for the PS3

FF Versus XIII is the sequel that is completely action based, which is also for PS3

FF Agito XIII is the prequel, which is playable only on cellphones

Auragaea
05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
So other than buying a PS3, we're going to have to spend MORE money on these 3 FFs to completely understand FFXIII? Looks like I need to get a job soon...

Crossblades
05-09-2006, 10:19 PM
So other than buying a PS3, we're going to have to spend MORE money on these 3 FFs to completely understand FFXIII? Looks like I need to get a job soon...

Possibly yes

valentine
05-09-2006, 10:27 PM
FF XIII is the original game for the PS3

FF Versus XIII is the sequel that is completely action based, which is also for PS3

FF Agito XIII is the prequel, which is playable only on cellphones

Actually, each game takes place in a completely different world, with completely different characters. Though they all share a common mythology.

"FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS, defined in Latin as "the new tale of the crystal," is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. However, while each title in the project features different characters, different worlds, and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos. "

Knowing that, it's unlikely you'll need to play all 3 games to completely understand FFXIII. If you want to understand FFXIII, then buy FFXIII. If you want to understand Versus, buy Versus. Agito, buy Agito.

Mythra
05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I'll certainly end up getting the original Final Fantasy XIII and the sequel, not sure if I'll get the cell phone one though.

BustaMo
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I'll get the 2 PS3 games, but am skipping the cell phone game. It also says that it will be a next-generation cell phone game...any idea what that means for a cell phone?

LunarWeaver
05-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Would we even get the cell phone game. Didn't they skimp us on the last one coz our cell phones suck compared to Japan's or something Mirth/Merriment I dunno though.

I'm glad they make these sequels actually... I hated loving their worlds and then not being able to go back for more. I guess thaz just me

I hope Nomura's game will be an Action/Rpg and not just an action game though... But it will most likely be more like Dirge I'd think.

Roogle
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Our mobile phones are not capable of running the software that those games use, I think.

I don't think it would be any big loss to not have these games released.

LunarWeaver
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Our mobile phones are not capable of running the software that those games use, I think.

I don't think it would be any big loss to not have these games released.

Yeah I'm not really grieving over it myself. Cell Phones game...eh.

But I am interested in the Versus game... I like all the new character designs. Can't wait for people to start making fun of them -_-

Why not have Nomura direct the main XIII title though... they gave it to the director of X-2 aheheh ^.^ Well I liked X-2 actually and I'm sure it will be handled...quite differently.

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM
If they can release KH on a V Cast they can dumb down XIII to out tech standards.

Croyles
05-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh the guy from X-2 is directing it??? Oh dear this game is going downhill. I DO think the game looks good, but it DOES look like FFX-2 style to me, and even FFX-2 LOOKS good as long as you don't play it (to me anyway). Even the music on the trailer sounds like FFX-2. It sounds good by itself, but you just KNOW that the original will be some cheesy japanese pop song that gets played during the game along with the instrumental. :(
I want orchestras and stuff!!

Ya Boy Alex
05-11-2006, 12:26 AM
You will probably get instrumental and it doesn't look to play like X-2 to me.

Markus. D
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh the guy from X-2 is directing it??? Oh dear this game is going downhill. I DO think the game looks good, but it DOES look like FFX-2 style to me, and even FFX-2 LOOKS good as long as you don't play it (to me anyway). Even the music on the trailer sounds like FFX-2. It sounds good by itself, but you just KNOW that the original will be some cheesy japanese pop song that gets played during the game along with the instrumental. :(
I want orchestras and stuff!!

bah! no concept of story.....

I have nothing else to say.......

dont you think they would have learned the "mistakes" that "fans" pointed out...

it was orchestral combined with various percussions... listen carefully ;)

Croyles
05-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Do they listen to fans?

Nimbus
05-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Go firgure they're trying to milk as much money as possible, by creating 3 games for one big story.

Another game comes to mind, Kingdom Hearts.

The GBA game was so bad but yet it had something to do with the story. Did anyone play the GBA one?

yanis
05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
I played KH only on GBA. So that gave me the idea that, like the Sora and Riku’s games are connected in KH:COM, the same connection could have the 3 FFXIII (because of Nomura ;))

Renmiri
05-23-2006, 07:01 AM
I'll get the 2 PS3 games, but am skipping the cell phone game. It also says that it will be a next-generation cell phone game...any idea what that means for a cell phone?
Java based ? Better Graphics ? More Bandwith ?

I know NTT Docomo, the pioner of Web phones in Japan was working with Java for phone SW development a while ago. And cellphones are about to get a big jump on the speed they can surf Web or game sites with some new wireless technology.

Hyperion4444
11-01-2007, 02:50 PM
They're up to 4 games now.
Not 3 anymore...
XIII
XIII Versus
XIII Agito
XIII Haeris... something.

Flare_Cross
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Go firgure they're trying to milk as much money as possible, by creating 3 games for one big story.

Another game comes to mind, Kingdom Hearts.

The GBA game was so bad but yet it had something to do with the story. Did anyone play the GBA one?

i did..

Psychotic
11-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Please don't revive threads that have been dead for 18 months. :mog: