PDA

View Full Version : Rules are made to be broken

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-10-2006, 12:29 AM
"Do not attempt to reacreate or perform anything you have seen on this show" they used to say to us after the show but did we ever listen

What crazy things did you re-enact (if any) when you were a kid and did anyone get hurt? Did you ever get caught?
If so what show were you attempting to act out?

If the answer to the first question was Yes, the second was No and the third was 'The Deer Hunter' then what the **** were you thinking?

farplaner
05-10-2006, 06:28 AM
When I was of junior high age (around 13) my friends and I were the epitomy of crazy stunts. Though we were never really influenced by television or movies. We just relied on a newly acquired abundance of testosterone as our inspiration. Luckily nobody ever got hurt...not seriously anyway.

There is one incident that stands out most in my mind.

Somehow my friend had discovered that a layer of gasoline would draw all of a flame's heat until the gasoline was consumed. We decided we needed to see proof of his theory. We prepared a camera and a couple of big, soaking wet towels in case they were needed as my friend dipped his hand in gasoline. He then lit the gasoline covering his hand on fire and posed for the camera. As soon as he heard the flash go off and knew that the scene was on film, he immediately started rubbing his hand frantically over the grass...

The flames went out and he was unharmed-

Is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

Although my friend was lucky I encourage any youngsters who might read this post and get ideas that you are liable to burn your face off...

Giga Guess
05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Can't think of anything....I had my fair share of death defying stunts in reality without adding TV's influence into the mix.

Levian
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I've only broken three laws.

-Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
-It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
-It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

Man, if I had only just robbed the bank and then left. :(

smittenkitten
05-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I remember when I was a chlid and watching my first show of Jackass. Next thing I knew I was on a skateboard going 50mph down the steepest hill in the park. *sigh* Good old times. ;)

Shaun
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Heh, I've never been influenced by the media, certainly not to that extreme.

fire_of_avalon
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I used to jump from the arms of the couch to the cushions of the couch in a superman flight position til I got yelled at.

zaqwert
05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
i've never done something I've seen on tv. some are too dangerous to do.

S.C
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I set my pants on fire with gasoline and then stepped into them and ran into a pool. Jumped off a second story balcony... Lots more I don't even want to talk about. And im stil only 13!

~SapphireStar~
05-10-2006, 08:08 PM
We use to do crazy stuff in high school, like pushing mates down steep grassy embankments for a laugh! Funny at the time, but very, very silly now.

Chris
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
"Do not attempt to reacreate or perform anything you have seen on this show" they used to say to us after the show but did we ever listen.
Yes. I did listen.

What crazy things did you re-enact (if any) when you were a kid and did anyone get hurt? Did you ever get caught?
If so what show were you attempting to act out?
I've never attempted to re-enact anything I've seen on TV. I was a pretty reckless kid, but I did have a good head on my shoulders.

crono_logical
05-10-2006, 11:27 PM
We used to copy wrestling moves back at primary (grade) school :p I ended up with a nosebleed once when we were doing it on the concrete playground instead of the grass :p

Meat Puppet
05-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I've broken an arm and dislocated a shoulder from playing Power Rangers at primary school.

Levian
05-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I've broken an arm and dislocated a shoulder from playing Power Rangers at primary school.

Which one where you? I was always the yellow one because there were never any chinese girls nearby. And I resembled one the most. :(

Yuna-Lenne
05-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I've never been influenced by media, and the way I've been brought up means I actually followed all those warnings...

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
-It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

I went into the bank with a water pistol when I ws 6... they just laughed at me.. :( (hehe....)

Yuna-Lenne
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM

I went into the bank with a water pistol when I ws 6... they just laughed at me.. :( (hehe....)

xDDD!!! cute! Haha! That would be a great sketch for a comedy show. :p