PDA

View Full Version : i think i might barf

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-10-2006, 12:46 AM
have you ever tried a really unusual dish and found it unexpectedly tasty or rather foul? Can anyone recommend or reprove strange dishes (grubs, honey-ants, snails, tree fungus etc) they've tried and give a brief description of what it tastes like. Can anyone share a story of any experiences they've had with Earth's cuisine?

Yuffie514
05-10-2006, 05:04 AM
onions and garlic in any dish is enough to make it unusual for me. today i sat down with my cousin and her "guy friend" at the dinner table and had to stuff down rather large strips of onion down my throat. i nearly choked on a bit. it was disgusting. i cannot stand onions and garlics, and it's more than just a typical "but mom, i don't want to eat this" and then mom says "you better eat it [or else...] xD. it's good for you" case. the smell of them makes me want to throw up...

Madonna
05-10-2006, 05:21 AM
I think that everyone should describe how the following foods taste to them: cheesecake, fish 'n chips, and potato salad. More interesting, I'd think.

rubah
05-10-2006, 05:26 AM
I don't usually let myself get close enough to disgusting tasting htings, although molasses and sorghum are disGUSTing.

And there was some diet energy drink that a friend in chem class shared and it was disgusting too.

I ate lunch at New China a week ago though, and I can't tell you a single name of the things i had, but they were all great.

Ki Ki
05-10-2006, 06:04 AM
I know I ate this weird thing once. It was the only thing that's ever made me puke because it was the only time I was dumb enough to eat something that smelt bad. <:
It was like some weird sticky rice wrapped in this really smelly leaf thing.
I don't even remember how old I was when I ate it but I know I was young and stupid. [:
And all food on airplanes makes me a bit queezy. x_x

Zeromus_X
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Cream Soda. Enough said. I mean, soda's bad for you in the first place, but Cream Soda?! :cat: :(

DarkLadyNyara
05-10-2006, 06:51 AM
I ate an octopus once. It was like trying to chew through rubber.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
anyone tried the eye of a jackfish? apparently that's so disgusting

fire_of_avalon
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I think that everyone should describe how the following foods taste to them: cheesecake, fish 'n chips, and potato salad. More interesting, I'd think.
I can field cheesecake and potato salad. Cheesecake has a wonderful taste that is slightly sweet but very sharp. To me, it's kind of like cream cheese mixed with vanilla. It's very rich and sits heavy in your belly, but I still like it.

Potato salad tastes like pure evil, because it is. Bleck.

I don't usually let myself get close enough to disgusting tasting htings, although molasses and sorghum are disGUSTing.
Molasses isn't for eating, molasses is for making cookies :D!

I haven't really had anything weird besides octopus pretzels, which are quite good. They're kind of spicy.

Tavrobel
05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Garlic Bread + Peanut Butter = terrible.

Zeldy
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Im too much of a Wuss to try different foods - I just stick to English >_<

DK
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I ate an octopus once. It was like trying to chew through rubber.

I watched Oldboy yesterday and the main character ate a random living squid. It was still moving and he bit its head off and then swallowed the legs into his mouth and the ones that were hanging out were clinging to his face and going around his nose and it was not very nice. I don't want to try squid ever again. :(

bipper
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the only foods I donot like are eggs (though sometimes I crave them (Is that normal:confused: )) raw fish, and pretzels.

Everything else is yum! Squid, Brussels, clams - etc..

Bipper

~SapphireStar~
05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Chicken and mushroom potnoodle on orginal Pringles is heavenly! And pot noodle butties :D

Rainecloud
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Asparagus really took me by surprise - I loved it.

On the other hand, Luncheon Meat nearly made me vomit the first time I tried it.

I Took the Red Pill
05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Advice- Don't try Blueberry Cobbler + Sloppy Joe Meat (on a dare)

And I don't know if anyone's had that Monster energy drink, but I think it's disgusting, one of the drinks I would classify under the "Tastes like Medicince" category:barf:.

Millia Billia
05-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I remember when I visted the southern US once (Texas) they had something they called "Chicken Fried Steak" that was really gross, even though it looked good before hand.

mega_tonberry
05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Me and one of my friends got the bright idea to eat a watermelon covered in chocolate sauce once. We didn't eat much before we had to throw up.

Shiny
05-11-2006, 12:02 AM
I ate some random flowers. I think I had some tulips, but mostly sunflowers. They taste...like seeds. But the sunflowers tasted oddly good. I don't eat them anymore though, because they tend to not want to go down well. Naughty flowers! :grr: