Hawkeye
05-10-2006, 12:49 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/events/e32006/articles/halo3.htm

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Yay my 360 will get even more use.

Yamaneko
05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Before anyone says anything, yes those are in-game graphics utilizing the sound engine, but not using A.I. or any physics. So it's safe to say the game will look like that.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-10-2006, 01:47 AM
wow

XxSephirothxX
05-10-2006, 03:22 AM
I didn't make a thread about it because I figured nobody would care, but I'm so stoked about this game. The best part of the trailer was the new full orchestral version of the theme. It was phenomenal. The lighting is outstanding, too.

I attached a few of the best shots from the trailer. :jess:

Hawkeye
05-10-2006, 04:41 AM
If the above think doesn't work for you for the trailer, this should: http://www.halo3site.com/halo-3-trailer/

Rase
05-10-2006, 04:47 AM
I didn't make a thread about it because I figured nobody would care, but I'm so stoked about this game.

Anyway, I think it looks very sweet. If the 360 drops in price during the coming Holiday season, I may consider picking one up for this and other games.

FallenAngel411
05-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Wow. I'm not even into Halo, and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Hah, I KNEW it. Earth WAS where the Forerunners went to

Madame Adequate
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah the rest of us had that figured out already Darth.

That aside, this guarantees I'll be buying a 360. I'm tempted to save up for one right now...

Shaun
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh, brother. The preps and Microsuck fanboys are hopping around in joy at this. The only thing I'm glad about is that they've announced that Halo is now a trilogy. That means after Halo 3, there'll me no more. Thank GOD!

Madame Adequate
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh, brother. The preps and Microsuck fanboys are hopping around in joy at this. The only thing I'm glad about is that they've announced that Halo is now a trilogy. That means after Halo 3, there'll me no more. Thank GOD!

And people who like good videogames. Don't forget those.

Shaun
05-10-2006, 02:54 PM
I can understand why people like Halo as it is now in the way that people would like Black: blow stuff up. If you had become a diehard Halo fan, only to have it all ruined, then you'd grow to hate Halo.

I can see why others would like it, but I couldn't care.

Madame Adequate
05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I didn't like FFIX, but that didn't turn me off the series. Anybody's allowed a few mistakes, and FFX was right back on form. I didn't find Halo 2 to be a big disappointment anyway - only things were the cutscenes could have been refined more so things didn't pop into being, and the ending could have been less abrupt - so I'm not feeling let down by them. It's almost like people who say they're not going to read Harry Potter book 7 because they didn't like 6... well yeah, but if you liked 1 to 5, don't you think 7 deserves a chance? =/

Shaun
05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but you can see the true motive of Bungie and Microsoft in this, and you could with Halo 2. In Halo 2, they deviated far too much.

bipper
05-10-2006, 07:31 PM
The series is ok. Not at all very origional, and yet compelling and very addicting. It IS a damn good game. IT is a pitty Micro$oft bought out bungie, as I would have rather seen the series more distributed as it should be. Coorperate bastards.

The nice thing about Halo is that anyone new to games can pick it up and run to with it - hands down. Some people I used to work with and I are constantly throwing halo parties and such - so yea - plenty of fun.

Bipper

ZeZipster
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I can understand why people like Halo as it is now in the way that people would like Black: blow stuff up. If you had become a diehard Halo fan, only to have it all ruined, then you'd grow to hate Halo.

People had the same descrephency with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. I know that's a pretty nerdy reference, but it's almost the same thing. The storyline is dull in the middle piece and the third ends up being extraordinary.

It really is too early to be making decisions about Halo 3, we've really seen absolutely nothing. I'm not going to say it's gonna be the best game ever. Quite frankly, I'm worried about it. Bill Gates is pushing it like he's constipated and that could end up completely messing it up. Halo 2 had huge flaws on it because of it's speedy delivery and we had to wait more than a year for it. I don't know, but 2007 is looking pretty close. I hope Bungie doesn't let Bill Gates rush this.

bipper
05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Seeing how bill writes thier checks, I am sure they are going to give him what ever they want.

Bipper

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I just hope when they make the gameplay they actually make the weapons more balanced. In Halo 1 the pistol can kill anything in one shot, while in 2 all the human weapons were piss-weak and their ammo capacity was nerfed.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Halo's a decent game, but I was never terribly impressed with it. Just not my thing. It does look interesting, and it may be worth checking out at some point.

Cz
05-10-2006, 11:05 PM
The plot of the series has never really interested me, so the only thing that really piqued my interest in that trailer is the sight of the old assault rifle. Until some gameplay details start coming through, I'll reserve judgement on this.

XxSephirothxX
05-11-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't know what people who complain about the weapons are talking about, really; I've played hundreds of hours of Halo online, and it's really amazing how much work goes into the balancing. It all comes down to the player's skill, in the end; if you're good with a battle rifle, you can beat somebody with a SMG and a plasma rifle; if you're good at dodging the sword, you can take out someone using that seemingly unfair weapon easily; SMG and magnum is a very powerful combination if you're accurate enough. The list goes on and on. The only really unfair weapon in the game is the plasma pistol, but you still have to be able to hit someone with it, and Bungie's done a good job of removing it from certain maps so people can't use the Battle Rifle + Plasma Pistol combination.

It sure seems to me that you have a grudge against Halo just because it didn't work out the way you wanted. So the story was pretty different. So the game played a bit differently. Metroid Prime was an amazing game, but it couldn't have been much different from its classic predecessors. Halo 2 was a natural evolution over its predecessor, and in my opinion didn't change it drastically enough to make it deserving of hate from someone who liked the way the first one played.

I don't think Halo 2 had many glitches at all. Certainly no more than your average game. It wasn't exactly rushed, either. Bungie gets paid by Microsoft, sure, but they worked on Halo 2 for a good two and a half or three years, I'd say, after Halo 1 came out, and produced the best online game for the Xbox, as well as a game with a pretty deep and replayable campaign and a very solid graphics engine that was almost more than the system could handle.

I'd get Halo 3 for the multiplayer alone. I'm really hoping for 32 or 64 player large-scale battles with all kinds of vehicles and massive multiplayer maps, but that's setting my hopes high. A 10-20 hour campaign with a fun storyline and a multiplayer as good as Halo 2's would make the game worth far more than the 50 or 60 bucks it'll cost.

Shaun
05-11-2006, 09:43 AM
In response to ZeZipster and Azar

I can see where you're coming from. I admit, Halo 2 is a blast to play on multiplayer. I've never played it online though, so I'd probably say that Halo PC online is more fun. Especially its Custom Edition. But putting that aside, I don't think Halo 2 should be dubbed a 'natural evolution'. The main letdown of Halo 2 is indeed its story. Like I've said several times in this thread, I can totally understand why a random gamer (not referring to you there) who's new to Halo would enjoy Halo 2. They haven't read the books, bought the soundtrack, heck, even started developing a fangame of the series.

I don't know what pushed them to do it, but Bungie made Halo 2 movie-like. I mean, that's okay to a certain extent - but Bungie went way too far, and messed up a lot of Halo's storyline in the process. If you'd have read any of the Halo books (well, the best one for this example would be First Strike), you'd understand. Maybe you're right, and maybe Halo 3 will be good. I'm not getting my hopes up, however. That's what I did with Halo 2. I was so excited about it. Then, I was drastically let down.

Slothy
05-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Considering I've never been impressed by either of the first two games, it will take more than a pretty trailer to make me salivate over the third. Halo's never been able to be more than a mild afternoon diversion with some friends to me. If they come out with some actual gameplay innovation and originality, then I might take an interest in it. Still, the simple fact that it's a console FPS is enough to put me off. Even if it does turn out to be a game finally worthy of the Halo hype though, I still doubt I'll ever buy it simply because it would bring the number of exclusive Xbox 360 games I'm interested in to a whopping total of one.

Yew-Yevon
05-12-2006, 01:14 AM
as a trailer it looked realy good...and i have no dout that the graphics use the real engine...I just wish it had some gameplay footage like Killzone had.

Ouch!
05-12-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm pretty damn excited about this, but I can't see myself buying an Xbox 360 for Halo 3. I bought an Xbox just in time for Halo 2, but the only other games I got for it were Halo and Fable. The only time I touch my Xbox now is when my friends comes over and we feel like some mutliplayer action. I kind of regret buying it, and that's putting me off from buying a 360 big time. Unless there's a decent bunch of games that come out for the Xbox 360 that I'm interested in, I see myself popping by at a friend's house regularly to co-op through the campaign of Halo 3 just so I can get the closure.