PDA

View Full Version : PS2, or PS3?

NINJA_Ryu
05-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Okay, this summer, i am seeing about 1 grand in cash flow, not going to college.

So my question is this.

I have been living in a hole for the past 6 years, having my latest console be a N64 and my latest handheld a GBA SP. Now i was planning to get a PS3 at around 400 dollars and getting all the greatest PS3 plus the new PS3 games. So would it be the best to just get the PS2 now at rockbottom prices when the PS3 hits, and get the best games, or Get the PS3 and stay current even at 500-600 dollars+?

nik0tine
05-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Get the PS2. When the PS3 comes out it won't have a multitude of great games, plus it's uber expensive. Also, I hear new consoles always have bugs during the first relase.

The PS2, however, has many great games, can play PS1 games, will be very cheap, and will buy you a lot of time. By the time you are done with the PS2 the PS3 will be at a reasonable price, there will be a lot of games and the bugs will be fixed.

Go with the PS2, man.

BatChao
05-10-2006, 08:10 AM
If you don't mind spending almost all of your 1 grand, I'd say go for the PS3. You'll be able to play PS2 games on it anyway, plus you'll be ready for any cool new PS3 games that are released. You could also wait a year or so and wait for the PS3 price to drop a bit before purchasing... that is if you can wait.

~SapphireStar~
05-10-2006, 11:44 AM
The PS2, however, has many great games, can play PS1 games, will be very cheap, and will buy you a lot of time. By the time you are done with the PS2 the PS3 will be at a reasonable price, there will be a lot of games and the bugs will be fixed.

Go with the PS2, man.
Totally agree 100%.

Mirage
05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I would go for the PS2 aswell. You'll be able to afford a ton of games for it aswell. When you're done with all the neat stuff for the PS2, PS3 will probably have dropped 30% in price, and had all its mayor bugs sorted out.

Dreddz
05-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Get a PS3, it dosent matter if there arent many games for it now, it'll play all the PS1 and PS2 games anyway. Saves you the trouble....

fire_of_avalon
05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Go to college!

Agent Proto
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Why get a PS3 when you can get a PS2 AND a Wii! Not only that, but with the Wii, you can play retro games through the Virtual Console, so not only are you buying 2 new consoles, but you will also play games for the following consoles.

PS1, PS2, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, and possibly other Sega consoles if the Genesis proves well. :)

However, out of the two options you have made, PS2 definitely, since you can also get plenty of games with the extra money you have.

I Took the Red Pill
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Why get a PS3 when you can get a PS2 AND a Wii! Not only that, but with the Wii, you can play retro games through the Virtual Console, so not only are you buying 2 new consoles, but you will also play games for the following consoles.

PS1, PS2, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, and possibly other Sega consoles if the Genesis proves well. :)

However, out of the two options you have made, PS2 definitely, since you can also get plenty of games with the extra money you have.

Yeah, what Pr00t said. Playing Twilight Princess on the Wii will be most likely a reason in itself to buy the system, plus the PS2 has a great library of games, and put together they will most likely cost less than the base model for the PS3.

KentaRawr!
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I say PS2 and Wii for the reasons Proto said, but if you only want one system, go with the PS2, for the same reasons everyone else said.

NINJA_Ryu
05-11-2006, 02:00 AM
hmmm, i hadnt considered that with the Wii, i had it narrowed down to either the Wii or PS3, and since the PS3 is out of my league currently, and everyone loves Nintendo ^^, that seems like some very sound advice.

Anyone know what the Wii will go for though?

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 02:19 AM
The Wii will definitely be cheaper than PS3, that's all you need to know. Perhaps even half the price than $500

Skarr
05-11-2006, 02:53 AM
The Wii will definitely be cheaper than PS3, that's all you need to know. Perhaps even half the price than $500

And that's the way it goes because Agent Proto said so. :)