PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Compulsive

Cruise Control
05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Are you obsessive about anything? Share your fetishes.

I have to have things alphabetized, like my poll options, my 400 CD-Thick binder, my bookshelf, my video games, my characters, magic, and items.
Or that time I alphabetized the main page of the wiki (except members and the wiki page about the wiki because they are most frequented).

Rye
05-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I am OCD with washing my hands. I do it about 10 times a day now, which is bad, but I go insane if I don't.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Im Obsessive Compulsive with alot of things. One being when im on tiled floors I have to step in a line tiles...Wierd I know but I do that less now. :D

Medi
05-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Whenever I first play a really good video game, thats what you'll find me doing the next week or so, until I beat it. I also get really hooked on that chocobo game in FFIX

~SapphireStar~
05-10-2006, 09:01 PM
If I line something up it has to be perfect and cant be an inch out of place. Rooms have to tidy and any dirty plates, cups, etc have to be next to the sink. And I have to wash my hands alot!

cloud_doll
05-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I have to chew something. If I'm not chewing anything, I grind my teeth, which is horrible, but I can't stop. Lately I've been trying to have gum on me at all times.

Venom
05-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm obsessed with playing guitar, if I go too long without it then my fingers get restless.

DynasticJam
05-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Okay I will confront and say that I have become quite used to walking around in bare feet, I lost my socks a while ago and became addicted to walking around with bare feet! Its not really a fetish though, it's just something Ive become used to I suppose :) Kinda freaks me out though! I suppose thats just life! Besides it's rather nice weather over here, so that might also be the cause :)

SiberianKiss
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm horribly OCD about many things.

- Everything I own is alphabetized. EVERYTHING.
- I dust at least once a day.
- Everything has to be neat and as centered as possible.
- I won't play a really involved video game unless I am 100% focused on it. Getting into this state can take up to 2 hours. That's right, 2 hours of just staring at a blank screen until I feel "ready."
- Here's the worst one........when I handle my DVD/CD/Bideo Game cases, I will not touch them with my hands. If I get a fingerprint or smudge on the case that I cannot remove, I throw the movie/game/CD away or sell it and buy a new one. No joke.

DeathKnight
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
With music...............

I CANNOT go to school without listening to music(most commonly: thrash metal).:mog:

Miriel
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
How does OCD relate to fetishes? O_o

I hate stepping on cracks. But if I do step on a crack with say my right foot, I *have* to step on the next crack with my left. It's weird, but I gotta do it to feel even or balanced. Otherwise I get antsy. I think that's my only realy OCD-ish tendency. I'm sure I have more that I don't really realize.

Peegee
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
non sexual ones, you perv :p

I would have to say I'm OCD about my hair.

Cz
05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Everything on my desk has to be at a right angle to everything else, so that every piece of stationary is parallel/perpendicular to every folder. I've also got an obsession with even numbers. My stereo volume always has to be even, or else it really irritates me.

Giga Guess
05-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I have a rubber band ball at work. If I get an elastic, I *HAVE* to incorporate it into the ball. I had one that was quite large unil it was stolen. THAT stressed me out.

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I eat the same exact thing for breakfast, for lunch ,and for dinner every day (the food is different for each meal but it's all the same every day for that particular one)...I measure it all out into portions and everything. And I won't ever allow it to be different. Wait, why am I admitting this publicly.

Shlup
05-11-2006, 06:00 AM
I often have a compulsive need to "even out" tactile sensations. And if a blanket is two different colors on the different sides, the darker side has to be the one facing up.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I wash my hands all the time and I usually have handwipes in my bag when I go out... I own an alcohol gel clip bottle as well. (but that's for work..)

My stereo volume always has to be even, or else it really irritates me.

I thought I was the only one...

Shaun
05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I would have to say I'm OCD about my hair.

Same here. I'm also extremely obsessed about getting things perfect. I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist, but the time that I put in making everything look nice can make it so I don't get past the other areas of tasks...

Yuna-Lenne
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Haha, same here! :p Or else divisible by 5. :confused: Strange really.

Samuraid
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm slightly OCD about making sure things are tunred off/locked up before bed or before leaving the house. It's not anything major though.

I tend to be particular as well with organizing files on my computer.

~SapphireStar~
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Okay I will confront and say that I have become quite used to walking around in bare feet, I lost my socks a while ago and became addicted to walking around with bare feet! Its not really a fetish though, it's just something Ive become used to I suppose Kinda freaks me out though! I suppose thats just life! Besides it's rather nice weather over here, so that might also be the cause
Its meant to be very good for you Ive been told.

I'm slightly OCD about making sure things are tunred off/locked up before bed or before leaving the house. It's not anything major though.

I tend to be particular as well with organizing files on my computer.
Lol, thats me as well :D

gyaku_zuki
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM

I thought I was the only one...

Add another to this one!

dirkdirden
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I feel left out I have none.

unless your count this :bounce:

project X
05-11-2006, 04:59 PM
I HATE when tracks start with numbers in my mp3 folder. Like "01 - Vie La Boheme." That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. :spin:

Zeldy
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Honestly? I don't think I have any. Im quite laid back when it comes to things like that

Captain VooDoo
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
i hate doors being open.if i see a door open i have to shut it or i go insane.

Jess
05-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't have OCD, but I'm incredibly neat. The only room I ever let get slightly messy is my bedroom, but if it gets messy to a certain point - I don't just clean the mess, I clean the whole room. I clean everywhere else all the time, and when I go to peoples houses I can't help tidying certain things and it's really annoying. :-/

Imperfectionist
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I have really strange OCD because i'm actually a very messy, unorganised person, but there's certain things that I just have to do or they'll drive me insane. Like I can't stand it when someone has the label of their shirt hanging out, to the extent that if it's a stranger on the street, I'll tell them to tuck it in. And I can't stand it when the microwave door is open. And the volume on my radio has to be set at multiples of 5, but on my TV it has to be odd numbers except for 4, 12, 36 because they're square numbers. And my CDs have to be in alphabetical order.

Jess
05-12-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm also pretty OC about crossing things out. If I'm writing and I make a mistake I have to ignore it or tipex is out because I can't stand the mess it makes on the page. It freaks me out. :(

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-12-2006, 11:48 PM
i hate doors being open.if i see a door open i have to shut it or i go insane.

Same here :p

Cz
05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Got another one. I can't stand switches on plug sockets being in the On position when they aren't in use. I go around other people's houses turning their switches off for them. :D

Itsunari 2000
05-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm obsessive compulsive about my bedroom door remaining closed. Oh, and the code on my super-duper briefcase being scrambled all the time, though I think that's more a projection of subconscious fear of the contents being exposed to prying eyes.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I sometimes have to have everything organized, but I get this feeling randomly and rarely. I am a little cleptoish though. I have a tendancy to get extremely ancy in stores if I haven't stolen/shoplifted in a while.

Dolentrean
05-14-2006, 12:59 AM
I make sure that all the games I own are orginized. When I start a game I have to play on hard mode the first time. And any kind of logic puzzle, I will lose sleep over puzzles if I cant fugure them out.

Ramza Beoulve
05-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, I can't go out of my house without my mp3 player or my discman n.nU, and I can't stay calm without hearing some music, god, I sleep hearing music!!, and usually it is Trash, Speed, Heavy, Spanish or Black Metal, or also Classical music.

Also, I'm OCD with start singing when I drive n.nU, with signature making, I can't make my day without do a signature n.nU

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2006, 08:05 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=4020">Amateurs</a>!

Reine
05-14-2006, 08:48 AM
I have it in many things.

I dislike numbers in stats not bein 5 or 0, and I always end up rounding it off..

I cant stand having anything less than a 1024 resolution screen on a PC, I hate having lots of desktop icons and am very obsessive about their order and placing (Games go over there, My Computer and A/C/D Drive shortcuts there, documents and pictures down there in that group..) When writing articles and documents on the PC, all main parts MUST be centered, usernames on forums must be capatilised and with out underscores, and I have an obsesion with washing my hands whenever they get dirty or after doing somthing like feeding animals, doing dishes, etc

Of course theres many more odd things but these are what come to mind..

farplaner
05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
judging by the number and specificity of responses, it seems that something like 90% of the world's population has OCD... I am quite quirky about certain things, but they are the kinds of things that have already been mentioned so I won't bother repeating.

Maybe OCD (with exception of a few severe cases) is just a ploy conceived by pharmaceutical companies to make extra money

OK....so call me OCD about conspiracy theories, if you suspect me!! :D :p :cry: :eek: :D

gyaku_zuki
05-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I cant stand having anything less than a 1024 resolution screen on a PC, I hate having lots of desktop icons and am very obsessive about their order and placing (Games go over there, My Computer and A/C/D Drive shortcuts there, documents and pictures down there in that group..)

I don't mind a lot of icons, but the placing must be exact. I even have a little upside down pyramid from the top of the screen of icons of a specific type.

Mokoto
05-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I am OCD with washing my hands. I do it about 10 times a day now, which is bad, but I go insane if I don't.

Same with me

Bowser
05-14-2006, 09:07 PM

That's basically the only one I can think of.

Breine
05-14-2006, 09:20 PM
-I won't play a really involved video game unless I am 100% focused on it. Getting into this state can take up to 2 hours. That's right, 2 hours of just staring at a blank screen until I feel "ready."

I thought I was the only one... I have the same thing with movies and general TV too. It's slightly different with me, though. I don't have to feel really "ready", but it is more with the options in the menus on my TV. Like, the "Bass" has to be on, the 3D sorround sound has to be "active", and the colour/contrast/brightness have to be "personal". I can spend up to an hour or more making sure these are there, even though I know they are...the worst part is that it is only on my own TV - I don't care when it comes to other peoples' TVs... Argh, it's driving me insane.

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Hmm. The most I can think of is that I have to have all of my mp3's with song and artist labelled. I'm really not that OC at all, I guess. Maybe one of my friends can point out a quirk or something.

Omnislash07
05-15-2006, 08:16 PM
i dont think i really have any, cept when playin Warcraft 3 I have to organize the items in my hero's inventory in a specific way every time and the icons on my desktop also have to be in a specific order and cannot obscure the picture in my background and my games are in a specific order set by me, not alphabetical just kinda where I want them and if a friend comes over and puts a game in the wrong spot i immediately have to fix it.

Nod
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I wash my hands excessively.

OCD sucks

smurph
05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
yea for some reason when im equiping my character when im playing anygame i equipe there wepon and armour over and over agian untill it "feels right" not saying i have OCD but its annoying cuase il do it for 15 minutes

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm kinda OC about my piercings, there has to be the same amount in on one half of my body as there is on the other half or I feel really unbalanced. I even went out and got one of my piercings re-pierced after it healed up because I felt wrong with having more on my right than my left.

I am also always playing with the chain round my neck.

Tempest
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I constantly wash my hands. Which is not so good since they are dry all the time. I also push in chairs when I seem them out. I hate it when people don't push in their damn chairs.