PDA

View Full Version : Wii controller?

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
http://img2.imagepile.net/img2/57756907.jpg

Umm, is that Wii controller in the middle of this picture supposed to come with the Wii? And if so will it be used to play some of the standard Wii games?

Shoden
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Like I said twice before, Nintendo are biased towards kids and midgets!

Shoeberto
It's supposed to be the controller for the virtual console, from what I understand.

DeathKnight
http://img2.imagepile.net/img2/57756907.jpg

Umm, is that Wii controller in the middle of this picture supposed to come with the Wii? And if so will it be used to play some of the standard Wii games?

HOLYNESS! *bows*

Man...Nitendo is the king of controllers and innovation:meditate:

Shoden
05-10-2006, 09:58 PM
How can you like such a small thing? Even a SEGA cotrol pad was bigger then that damn thing, I could hold that one handed with room to spare! It's gonna fail, I know it!

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
That controller looks to good to be JUST to be used as the VC controller. It's too perfect, they HAVE to use it for other Wii games too.

Shoden
05-10-2006, 10:30 PM
No way in hell am I even going to consider buying this thing now, I prefered the NGC and N64 control pads.

Lakenbelle
05-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Stop sounding like a broken record, Bladen. We get it.

And neat. It's for the old NES, SNES and N64 games on the Virtual system, right?

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
This controller looks alot better than the PS3's since the dpad is an actual... dpad.

DeathKnight
05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Stop sounding like a broken record, Bladen. We get it.

And neat. It's for the old NES, SNES and N64 games on the Virtual system, right?

I hope it's useable for Wii games too, such as:

-Fighting games.
-and others I can't remember.

radyk05
05-11-2006, 12:26 AM
it looks like the best controler ever made: super nintendo's

Erdrick Holmes
05-11-2006, 04:42 AM
I hope it's useable for Wii games too, such as:

-Fighting games.
-and others I can't remember.

Action games, side scrollers.

Sorry for double posting but it was the only way to get this answered quickly. Will that cool controller be packed with the Wii?

Double posting usually doesn't help, and there's no reason for someone who's been around this long to do it.

~Void

Shoden
05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
It's a rectangle like ovalish controller, which has been used on nintendos before. If nintendo want to make an image then they seriously must be stoned beyond imagination. Makes sense, they're not as rich as Sony or Microsoft, the extra money must be going towards the yay.

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
It's a rectangle controller, which has been used on nintendos before. If nintendo want to make an image then they seriously must be stoned beyond imagination. Makes sense, they're not as rich as Sony or Microsoft, the extra money must be going towards the yay.

IT LOOKS AND WILL FEEL better than PlayStation3's Dual Shock. This is the best controller I've seen in decades!

-SONY fan here, so you better not call me Nintendo fanboy :irked:

Shoden
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
You're contradicting yourself. Usually when someone makes a point there's your usual "nintendo is better" remarks everywhere. I haven't seen any "sony is better" remarks.

The dualshock is actually designed to be held in your hands like a controller pad should be, it has grip handles and you use thumbs to toggle the sticks and hit the buttons, whilst with this controller it's a basic rectangle shape that's going to cause alot of diiscomfort in the fingers, it's about half the size of a dualshock, which would make it harder to toggle the analogs. For a kid to find comfort from that type of pad they must be at least 7-8-9, even 10-ish, people who have larger hands wouldn't find comfort from that. Nintendo are going to need to release other controllers to stop sales going down from teenagers. It's not that hard, the N64 and NGC controllers were well thought and designed. I even prefered the Sega Megadrive control pad to a NES/SNES control pad.

Elpizo
05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
You're contradicting yourself. Usually when someone makes a point there's your usual "nintendo is better" remarks everywhere. I haven't seen any "sony is better" remarks.

The dualshock is actually designed to be held in your hands like a controller pad should be, it has grip handles and you use thumbs to toggle the sticks and hit the buttons, whilst with this controller it's a basic rectangle shape that's going to cause alot of diiscomfort in the fingers, it's about half the size of a dualshock, which would make it harder to toggle the analogs. For a kid to find comfort from that type of pad they must be at least 7-8-9, even 10-ish, people who have larger hands wouldn't find comfort from that. Nintendo are going to need to release other controllers to stop sales going down from teenagers. It's not that hard, the N64 and NGC controllers were well thought and designed. I even prefered the Sega Megadrive control pad to a NES/SNES control pad.
Well then, we're done here. Be an classic lover.

Nintendo at least dares to do something new. This new controlelr of teh Wii is great, IMO.
And Sony? Yeah Sony... Still the old controller... PS3 is nothing new. Just an upgraded version of PS2. Nothing new. No new controller, nothing. Oh yeah, better gfx. That's not what counts these days. It's gameplay.

Well, don't shoot me, but I think Nintendo is Pwning Sony these days.

Shoden
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Then how come nintendo are looking pretty similar to Sega's situation right now? they're blowing lots of cash trying to keep up with Sony and Microsoft. If this gets worse they're going to struggle or even die out. It's more likely to happen to nintendo as their situation is more similar. Graphics are begining to become alot more important these days, nintendo struggle in that place, just hope they find a solution soon enough. Microsoft are showoffs, most of the stuff they use in their systems are hardly used. If you took away the unused pieces in an XB or XB360 you'd get something tiny.

Mirage
05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
The new PS3 controller actually have motion sensors.

Shoden
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
The new PS3 controller actually have motion sensors.

Exactly what does that do?

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
*points to Bladen* There are SOME, they are rare, but there are some SONY fanboys which make me sick.

look I'm not contradicting myself, if I find Nintendo's controllers to be better than SONY, then so be it, that doesn't mean I'm not getting the PS3 which I am, at launch(600 bucks and all).

And if there's a company who's wasting TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of money is Microsoft. *points to DS sales and the fact that Nintendo won't loose much making Wii's, unlike Microsoft* :irked:

Shoden
05-11-2006, 05:38 PM
you start calling people sick once you know you cannot come up with an annoying crappy little comeback? Don't try to spark an argument, it'll make you look stupider. You post like a nintendo fanboy yet say you also like sony, which seems unlikely as a post of yours about sony like you post about nintendo has not been seen, that is how you're contradicting yourself.

Now that's done and over with, let's just ignore DK and try getting onto a more technical and useful topic, instead of having more crap pouring into a well made thread.

If the PS3 released it's original controller you could stab the Wii controller to bits with it!

Companies steal from eachother to get better, if that never happened technology would still be victorian, or we'd still be with Atari systems in our homes.

the Wii controller seems way too small to be superior to the NGC's, if this is the best they can come up with then it's a dreamcast deja vu.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Bladen, I'm not going to argue that the Controller is better, since that is a matter of opinion (in most cases), but if the Rectangle you speak of is the Remote, then you must know the following: The remote is not 2 handed, and you grip the bottom of it. Once you grip it, your index finger should be on the B Trigger, and your thumb should be on the big green A button or the D-Pad. Then, there's a "Numchuk" you add on to it, which you hold with your other hand, presumably your left hand.

Again, this is not to argue with you. It's just the way you seemed to describe the Wii Controller made me feel like I had to write that to you. o_o

About the SNES Style controller in the middle...

So far, we don't actually know if it will be bundled with the Wii. However, I think it will, as it seems to be very much like a controller to be used with the Virtual Console. And I must say, I am impressed with it. It looks quite nice to me. n.n

Shoden
05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm talking about the controller, geez, I'm not going to play for 18 hours a day by flicking the remote....

The actual controller is basically rectangular but curved, the remote is oblong shaped though. It would be pretty funny to game with a remote control. I edited my posts earlier to stop future confusion about which controller I was talking about.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Calm down, Bladen, let's not be personally attacking each other.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm talking about the controller, geez, I'm not going to play for 18 hours a day by flicking the remote....

The actual controller is basically rectangular but curved, the remote is oblong shaped though. It would be pretty funny to game with a remote control. I edited my posts earlier to stop future confusion about which controller I was talking about.

Oh, alrighty then. n.n Well, I can understand the controller in the middle being uncomfortable for someone with big hands. Since I am a youngling AND a midget, I can use it easily. Plus, I always liked the SNES controller. A lovely controller that was. :)

Elite Lord Sigma
05-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Then how come nintendo are looking pretty similar to Sega's situation right now? they're blowing lots of cash trying to keep up with Sony and Microsoft. If this gets worse they're going to struggle or even die out. It's more likely to happen to nintendo as their situation is more similar. Graphics are begining to become alot more important these days, nintendo struggle in that place, just hope they find a solution soon enough. Microsoft are showoffs, most of the stuff they use in their systems are hardly used. If you took away the unused pieces in an XB or XB360 you'd get something tiny.

Um, Nintendo is nowhere near bankruptcy, Bladen. If anybody's going to go bankrupt, it's Sony. Even though the PS3 is $500-600, they'll still be losing money for each one they make.

Rostum
05-12-2006, 03:50 AM
I like the look of them. ^^ I haven't got a nintendo since N64, so I might just get this one. ^^

Defenately not going to get a PS3 at its current price, that's for sure.

Edit: And yes, as Meta-Knight said, stop assuming and making crap up, Bladen.

BatChao
05-12-2006, 07:44 AM
What will or will not be packed in with the Wii at launch hasn't been decided (or revealed) yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did include one of these in there. When I first saw it, I was disappointed that they placed the left analog at the bottom ala the PS controllers, but now that I think about it, this thing is mainly going to be used for Virtual console games, which mostly use d-pad, so I guess it was a smart move to keep the d-pad front and center. I wouldn't be surprised if some Wii games used this pad either... or the GCN's. It's been hinted at by the creator of Smash Bros that SSB:Brawl will use the GCN controller.

Shoden
05-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Um, Nintendo is nowhere near bankruptcy, Bladen. If anybody's going to go bankrupt, it's Sony. Even though the PS3 is $500-600, they'll still be losing money for each one they make.

That's actually very much wrong. Sony will still be getting chunks of money from TV's, games, PSP stuff. Nintendo may not be near bankruptcy but they're nowhere near as rich as Sony and microsoft as they are mainly a gaming company, the reason The Wii (/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif name btw) hasn't got as advanced gadgets as the other consoles is because they haven't the money or people to do them.

Whoever said I'm making up crap is the biggest /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif in this god damn fucking thread. I've had enough of people launching /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif at me, if you cannot accept my opinion then get the hell out of this thread. I'm trying to deliver my opinion and all I'm getting back is bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

This maybe a bit over the top but I've had enough, could a mod close this thread now, because the amount of bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif here is way over the limit.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 05:37 PM
What you stated wasn't your opinion. You stated a fact and someone said you're wrong.

Shoden
05-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Fact, I said no fact. I was stating an opinion and some /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs come along with bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

I was talking about the wii controller, trying to say something while the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifted me. I'm sick and tired of this. You /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs know who you are, I've had enough and don't do this to anyone else right? At least try to understand my statements before you bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif them.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Odd, I remember you saying something about Nintendo being near bankruptcy. :p

Shoden
05-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Nintendo don't have the money to give us the good stuff, they should stick to games.
That's an opinion too.

Nintendo being near bankruptcy was an opinion in my comparison to SEGA's past position with the dreamcast you dult.

Oh, if you're going to crapshove my opinions and statements then stop, stop it before you end up making yourself a mass /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like others here. I'm trying to deliver statements and opinions in this thread and all you people are doing is pissing me off with bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and opinion bashing.

I just came in to state that the crappy wii controller is way too small, and yes, I'm talking about the actual joypad.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Bladen, if this thread is causing you to post in such a manner, please refrain from posting in it. This is a valid topic of conversation and it is my preference not to close it, so let's stop bickering.

Shoden
05-12-2006, 06:09 PM
It's not the thread itself, it's the people in the thread. I was gonna stop posting here anyway because I'm sick of having crap shoved at me.

Over and out.

Agent Proto
05-12-2006, 06:38 PM
That's actually very much wrong. Sony will still be getting chunks of money from TV's, games, PSP stuff. Nintendo may not be near bankruptcy but they're nowhere near as rich as Sony and microsoft as they are mainly a gaming company, the reason The Wii (/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif name btw) hasn't got as advanced gadgets as the other consoles is because they haven't the money or people to do them.

No, Nintendo, does have the money and people to make their Wii more advanced, but they choose not to since they're only focusing on the gaming aspect. They have no plans to include DVD/CD playing abilities for the Wii. However, they are planning to include an Opera browser so you can surf the Internet on the Wii. And we all know the Internet > movies/music any day xD

MecaKane
05-12-2006, 06:45 PM
It has a DVD player, but it's not going to be able to play CDs or DVDs?
Isn't that a waste of it's capibilities? It can't be that hard to make hardware already there have DVD playback.

Agent Proto
05-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I guess I'm wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_wii
Additionally, at E3 2005, Nintendo revealed that a small internal attachment to be sold as an add-on to the console will allow Wii to playback DVD movies.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Hmm... Sorta dissapointing that it's just an add-on. But at least I have a PS2 for DVD's. And I don't watch them much anyway. o.o

Del Murder
05-12-2006, 07:35 PM
DVD players are pretty cheap these days anyway.

Tidus Andronicus
05-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm guessing that controller is only gonna be sold to enhance the older Vconsole games, but I would assume u could still play Vconsole stuff without it, either by pluging a GC controller in, or by turning the Wiimote sideways.. lol

Hmm... Sorta dissapointing that it's just an add-on. But at least I have a PS2 for DVD's. And I don't watch them much anyway. o.o
Well its probably just a cheap little USB thing u plug into the back of the system, that tells it how to read DVDs... thats about it. These days DVD capabilies aren't at the top of the list, cause most people have DVD players already... but hey, I don't want a DVD player, since I can just have ma Wii! XD

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that's true. o.o Besides, what interests me in the Wii isn't the extra functions. n.n

~SapphireStar~
05-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I seriously cant wait to get my mitts on this! Ive been told that say if you play a sword fighting game, you hold the controller like a sword and battle on screen. Same with driving a car, using the controller as a wheel.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I seriously cant wait to get my mitts on this! Ive been told that say if you play a sword fighting game, you hold the controller like a sword and battle on screen. Same with driving a car, using the controller as a wheel.

It's true. It's also used as a Bow and Arrow, a boomerang, a Conductors Baton, a Golf Club, a Tennis Racket, a bunch of stuff in Warioware, a gun, and more I forgot. o.o

~SapphireStar~
05-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh wow! Im sorry its just like something you think of when you were a kid and wanted to play vitural reality games and this is kinda there!

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 08:27 PM
That's the cool thing about it. It can emulate anything that is held similarly to a remote, A.K.A., anything with a handle. n.n Of course, this topic is about the Virtual Console pad. n.n;

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm actually looking forward to using the Wiimote. I like the idea of waving the Wiimote to do stuff in the game. I believe a Samurai game (name escapes me at the moment)will be released and the Wiimote acts like a sword, so I'm looking forward to that:)

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm actually looking forward to using the Wiimote. I like the idea of waving the Wiimote to do stuff in the game. I believe a Samurai game (name escapes me at the moment)will be released and the Wiimote acts like a sword, so I'm looking forward to that:)

Red Steel, you mean? o.o Or is it some other game?

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Red Steel, you mean? o.o Or is it some other game?

No, not red steel. There is this game where it's you vs. many Samurai and you use the Wiimote as a sword to kill the Samurai

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Darn, I missed that one. >_< However, that sounds better than red steel to me. o.o Where'd you see a picture/video?

Crossblades
05-13-2006, 05:07 AM
Darn, I missed that one. >_< However, that sounds better than red steel to me. o.o Where'd you see a picture/video?

IGN.com. I'll look for video and I'll PM it to you tomorrow for I am going to bed now:)