PDA

View Full Version : mickey saving sora?

exz2005
05-11-2006, 03:17 AM
i have heard mickey saves sora. i have been dying against every boss i can to try to get mickey. so far, i have only discovered mickey when fighting shan-yu(the land of dragons) and against xaldin (beasts castle). are there any others?

Eiko Guy
05-11-2006, 03:43 AM
i got him against cerberus

exz2005
05-12-2006, 12:49 AM
i also found him when i fought threshold and possesor in beasts castle. i think mickey saves u on all of the first bosses of each world.

Tavrobel
05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
No.

Mickey saves you (mostly) up to some of the battles until you meet him again at Hollow Bastion (Space Paranoids mission). After that, Mickey only helps you in specific battles, (and very few I might add), most notably, Xaldin. He BEGINS saving you when you and he meet before heading Yen Sid's Tower.

He doesn't save you at any point during Timeless River, Pride Lands, Halloween Town, Disney Castle, Hollow Bastion, or Twilight Town. He also does not save you when he is traveling with Sora, or when his location is known.

To get Mickey, you must die in a boss battle. Assuming you are given a choice, choosing "I won't give up!" will allow you to continue. Mickey cannot kill a boss, and you automatically revive if he is killed. The chances of Mickey arriving are based on how many times you have continued (this means died, and chose Continue).

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
i got him against cerberus
jus got tht right now, he was in the hood:)

Giga Guess
05-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Never had to do that. Ah well.

Saphyrrion Wisdom
05-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I saw him in Beasts castle but nowhere else.He keeps saving you until he drops dead....so foll the gauge quicker!!!!

teaandmachines
05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
how do you get mickey? what??

Neo Blackheart
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
you do not get mickey and as I never died before xaldin I don't know if you can get him but in most of the organization battles he will come out.

Mercen-X
05-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Mickey can't be used the same way as Riku. Mickey will appear after you choose "I Won't Give Up!" from the white continue screen. Unfortunately, there's no way to predict when this will occur. Most often, you're certain to have the black screen and continuing pits you back in the room you were in before entering the battle area. Mickey will only appear, I believe, during boss battles. So unless you're willing to forfeit the battle over and over again until Mickey appears with his useless moves (he doesn't have a finisher so he can't beat the boss), you may not ever see him. Organization battles raise the likelihood of Mickey's appearance, especially the party's first strike against Xemnas. I was able to use Mickey 5 times in the same battle before I beat Xemnas (I was in Proud Mode). However, if Mickey loses all of his Hp, Sora will be restored with half Hp and Mickey will no longer come to the rescue.

Griff
05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
I also got him in the battle with saix, no one mentioned that one yet

LunarWeaver
05-27-2006, 02:28 AM
I've never gotten Mickey because I've never even died in this game

Wait, that's not true. I did fail at "Destroy 4000 minions in .3 seconds!" But only once! After that I used the Reaction Command "Badassness" and that was that.

I want to see Mickey save me, but I don't feel like croaking a bunch of times on purpose...*DRAMATIC SIGH*

ThaJinx
05-27-2006, 03:15 AM
However, if Mickey loses all of his Hp, Sora will be restored with half Hp and Mickey will no longer come to the rescue.This isn't true. I've been able to cause him to appear in the Xaldin battle numerous times in the same battle, and never once was able to max out his Drive gauge. Each time he lost all of his HP and used a potion instead of his Limit.

Tavrobel
05-27-2006, 04:22 AM
Well, if anyone has a list of ALL bosses that Mickey will come to the aid, then please, post them. T'would help greatly in my boss guides for the front page.

teaandmachines
05-27-2006, 04:31 PM
i am so confused..
riku comes to help, too???
:confused:

is the mickey think randomized, or is it the same in all the games?

Tavrobel
05-27-2006, 04:39 PM
It's randomly generated based on boss, amount of Continues on current game, and whether or not you saved recently.

The percentage that Mickey comes is same across all difficulties.
Riku does not come to help. Ever. (Except WtNW in the Final Battle)

teaandmachines
05-27-2006, 04:43 PM
that means mickey will probably never come to my rescue.. sfdbsifvisfv. oh well. BUT! how do you know if he's going to come? or does he just show up? and can you do any limits with him?

Tavrobel
05-27-2006, 04:52 PM
The more often you Save, and the less often you choose Continue and Load from a Saved file instead, the more likely Mickey will come to help.

Certain battles, Mickey will not show up at all, either because he can't, or because you are using a different costume (Halloween Town, Disney Castle, Pride Lands, etc.).

His only Limit is Healing Light, which is usable after you have all 3 Drive Bars filled.

Mercen-X
05-29-2006, 12:07 AM
does he just show up?
The screen will be white after you lose your Hp. All you have to do is press 'X' because it will auto-hilight "I won't give up!" Then you'll be playing as Mickey.

teaandmachines
05-30-2006, 02:59 AM
when i fought xaldin it came up .. twice *cough*about 7 times*cough* it was pretty cool

Legendary Caladbolg
06-14-2006, 03:13 AM
The battles you can get Mickey in are:
Shan Yu- Land of Dragons
Storm Rider- Land of Dragons
Dark Stalker- Beast's Castle
Black Thorn- Beast's Castle
Xaldin- Beast's Castle
Cerberus- Olympus Coliseum
Hydra- Olympus Coliseum
Volcano Lord and Blizzard Lord- Agrabah
Grim Reaper- Port Royal
Xemnas in Armor- The World That Never Was

Tavrobel
06-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Grim Reaper- Port Royal
Xemnas in Armor- The World That Never Was

Second or first battle for the Grim Reaper? And Xemnas is a lie, but whatever works. It is the only list I've seen thus far.

Hambone
06-14-2006, 05:00 AM
I only got to use mickey when I fought Xaldin.

Marluxiaswife
06-14-2006, 06:32 AM
I only got to use mickey when I fought Xaldin.

same here :mad2: