PDA

View Full Version : SSB for the Nintendo Wii gots Snake? ZOMG

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:24 AM
I was browsing Gamefaqs and I found this. Apparently, at the last minute, Super Smash Brothers Brawl was unveiled. Also, some of the new characters appear to be Pit from Kid Icarus, Wario from Wario Games, Meta-Knight from the Kirby Games, Zero Suit Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission, and Snake from the Metal Gear games. Also, this game will be fully compatible with the GC controller. The trailer that recently appeared reveals a few things. Not only the new characters, but it also implies that you may be able to use Super Attacks of some sort by grabbing an item. It also reveals a couple of stages, such as Meta-Knights flying near the airship stage, the Floating Panel in the Clouds stage, and a stage that has you fighting in a castle. More info on the way, hopefully. o.o

Here's a link to the trailer. Watch it or die! http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150506&pid=928518

Nobuo Uematsu did the music for the trailer. o_o

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 03:25 AM
It looks legitimate to me, due to the fact that aside from Snake, all the others are first-party Nintendo characters.

EDIT: I found a GameSpot article on it here (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/news.html?sid=6150506) as well.

XxSephirothxX
05-11-2006, 03:27 AM
We were just talking about this in chat. :p Since it's on IGN I'm guessing it's accurate. Really makes me wonder what other non-Nintendo characters will be in the game; it's hard to believe Snake would be the only one.

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 03:27 AM
Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

Wow, looks too authentic to be fake, but hopefully Snake is a sign that there might be other third party characters to show up, like Sonic and Tails for example.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

Wow, looks too authentic to be fake, but hopefully Snake is a sign that there might be other third party characters to show up, like Sonic and Tails for example.

I very much agree. I'd like to see Smash Bros. start to get characters from other games that aren't Nintendo exclusive, and if Snake's in it, there's promise for others.

NeoCracker
05-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Thats strange, yet very intiging.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:34 AM
I doubt Sonic and Tails would appear, and I say this because Snake first appeared on the NES, and later appeared on the Gameboy. There was also a remake of Metal Gear Solid on the GameCube. Snake is almost a Nintendo Character, but alas, he's not. :(

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 03:37 AM
I doubt Sonic and Tails would appear, and I say this because Snake first appeared on the NES, and later appeared on the Gameboy. There was also a remake of Metal Gear Solid on the GameCube. Snake is almost a Nintendo Character, but alas, he's not. :(

I don't know, if it is possible to download Sega Genesis games, then there's a very good chance that Sonic and Tails may show up on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:39 AM
I don't know, if it is possible to download Sega Genesis games, then there's a very good chance that Sonic and Tails may show up on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Good point. Nintendo does sorta have a relationship with Sega at the time. And beating Sonic up with Tails would be endless fun. n.n

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 03:40 AM

Good point. Nintendo does sorta have a relationship with Sega at the time. And beating Sonic up with Tails would be endless fun. n.n

Beating up anybody with Tails would be fun. It'd be hilarious to see Solid Snake getting his ass handed to him by Pikachu.

Zeromus_X
05-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Heh, awesome. :cat:

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:42 AM
It would. o_o But Pichu would be even better. Or maybe... JIGGLYPUFF! >=O

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Jigglypuff! <3

Though, seriously, this is great news. What's even better is this!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be fully compatible with the GameCube controller. Sakurai's reasoning is simple. He doesn't want to alienate gamers that prefer the traditional gamepad.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Jigglypuff! <3

Though, seriously, this is great news. What's even better is this!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be fully compatible with the GameCube controller. Sakurai's reasoning is simple. He doesn't want to alienate gamers that prefer the traditional gamepad.

Well of course. Everyone knows it's not SSB if it's fully 3D. o_o

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2006, 03:48 AM
I doubt Sonic and Tails would appear, and I say this because Snake first appeared on the NES,Snake first appeared on the MSX, actually. The butchered NES version of Metal Gear came later and is actually fairly hated by Kojima.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 03:52 AM
Well goshy darnit! >_< Oh well. I never concentrated on MG info anyway. o.o

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 03:53 AM
I doubt Sonic and Tails would appear, and I say this because Snake first appeared on the NES,Snake first appeared on the MSX, actually. The butchered NES version of Metal Gear came later and is actually fairly hated by Kojima.

Along with most of the people who played it.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 04:52 AM
There's a trailer out now. Adding it to the first post.

Erdrick Holmes
05-11-2006, 04:55 AM
This news rock, I just want Sonic to make an appearance too. I've wanted to see Sonic tear Mario a new one since I was 8 years old.

Sephex
05-11-2006, 04:56 AM
As said in the other thread, I am totally excited for Snake in SSB Wii!!

Black Mage
05-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Trailer Music by Uematsu.
http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html

MP3 is there as well.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 05:26 AM
Really? Nobou Uematsu did the music? o_O Cool! I'll add that to my first post.

(Heh... I knew there would be advantages to Uematsu leaving Square!)

Sephex
05-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Okay, I just watched the trailer. I can't ****ing breathe. This is a good thing.

BatChao
05-11-2006, 07:26 AM
That was pretty hot. Actually... it was really hot!

Rase
05-11-2006, 07:36 AM
This game may be the final thing that makes me break down and buy the Wii on release day. Man it looks sweet.

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Actually, I have to say that I'm a bit dissapointed with that ghey-looking angel dude, Pit. I mean... wtf? Oh well... atleast I'll get a hate-character that I can beat up whenever I'm bored. :greenie:

Also, I just have to say I don't really think Solid Snake fits in this game. I mean... sure, he's a great character... but I just can't imagine him in Super Smash. And thus, I really hope neither he or the ghey-angel will be overused top-tier characters.

As for the rest of the trailer, though... I think it looks great. And I can hardly wait to see what other new characters there will be in the game... as well as how much movesets and gameplay in general has changed since SSBM. :cool:

Samuraid
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Man, things are getting far too exciting in the console gaming industry these days. :p And that's a very good thing.

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 12:36 PM

Beating up anybody with Tails would be fun. It'd be hilarious to see Solid Snake getting his ass handed to him by Pikachu.

quoted for truth. Or even funnier, by Gigglypuff:D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2006, 01:29 AM
WTF WEIRD

looks awesome btw