PDA

View Full Version : New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Characters?

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Well, the following characters will be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii, which are new to the series:

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Wario
Meta Knight (Kirby series)
Zero Suit Samus (Metroid: Zero Mission)

Who else do you think would fit in this game?

If they had a few more Fire Emblem characters, that would be awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm equally excited about Pit as I am about Snake. As much as Nintendo loves to go on nostalgia trips, they often neglect Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, and StarTropics. That said, I'd like to see Little Mac and Mike Jones become playable as well.

As for suitless Samus, I just hope they don't doll her up in tons of makeup like they did in Zero Mission.

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 04:02 AM
As for suitless Samus, I just hope they don't doll her up in tons of makeup like they did in Zero Mission.

No need to worry, Kishi. (http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/707/707560/super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074506233.jpg)

Sephex
05-11-2006, 04:10 AM
I am real excited! I am real pumped up for Solid Snake. I wonder what version of Snake we will get?

theundeadhero
05-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Megaman would be nice.

NeoCracker
05-11-2006, 04:19 AM
I want to try Meta knight, he rocked.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2006, 04:26 AM
I wonder what version of Snake we will get?Looks (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake) like MGS2 Snake.

Erdrick Holmes
05-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Damn you, I was gonna post this.

Give us fucking SONIC! I've waited years to have Sonic tear Mario a new one.

Markus. D
05-11-2006, 06:06 AM
weeeeeeeh!

how very exciting ^_^, finally a pure archer character.

edit: I saw the gamespot trailer, it looks interesting.... very interesting.

Zeromus_X
05-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Oh crap, Pit? Yes please! Now if they could get Mike from Star Tropics and Rockman...*sigh* :cat:

NINJA_Ryu
05-11-2006, 06:28 AM

Give us smurfing SONIC! I've waited years to have Sonic tear Mario a new one.

NAh, i know why they wont put him on there.

He is just too cool.

Cmon, is Hedgehog spike-spinning Sonic have anything to gain from being on with a bunch of plumbers, elves and princessess? I dont think so, but if a Sega-CApcom team joined forces, we could get Sonic, Megaman, a few SNK guys, and mebbe some RE going on, whadda ya say?

Rase
05-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Oh man, after watching the trailer, I may just have to buy the Wii the day it comes out. This thing's just making me more and more interested every day. Smash looks fantastic.

Also, I may be the only one, but I would LOVE to play as Waluigi. There, I said it.

Lionx
05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
My signature says it all T.T he needs a come back really..

Shaun
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Lookin' good, but I'd prefer it by FAR on the DS...

And Rase, HERESY! If they include Waluigi, I won't buy it! Waluigi ruined Mario Kart DS - he had better not ruin this!

Markus. D
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM

He is just too cool.

Cmon, is Hedgehog spike-spinning Sonic have anything to gain from being on with a bunch of plumbers, elves and princessess? I dont think so, but if a Sega-CApcom team joined forces, we could get Sonic, Megaman, a few SNK guys, and mebbe some RE going on, whadda ya say?

isnt sonic from sega?

Shaun
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM

He is just too cool.

isnt sonic from sega?

:bgl:

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Geno, please.

Erdrick Holmes
05-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Here's mine

Special bar. Each character should have a supermove or two. Like each character would have a bar at the bottom of the screen, it grows as the player deals out or receives damage. When it gets full enough the character can use up that bar to do special tactics, like do a super move, increase attack/defense/speed. Examples of Supermoves would be causing Mario to have the same effect as him picking up a star in the Mario games.

Sega characters. Sega and Nintendo are kinda buddy-buddy with the Wii since the Wii has downloadable Genesis games for it. I think maybe in the SSBB game there should be some Sega characters in it. I've been wanting to see Sonic kick the crap out of Mario since I was little.

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Special bar. Each character should have a supermove or two. Like each character would have a bar at the bottom of the screen, it grows as the player deals out or receives damage. When it gets full enough the character can use up that bar to do special tactics, like do a super move, increase attack/defense/speed. Examples of Supermoves would be causing Mario to have the same effect as him picking up a star in the Mario games.
Pretty interesting idea... as long as it's not too overpowered. Stuff like Mario being invincible for a short amount of time would be far too powerful and cheap, in my oppinion. And it would be better if it was a "Special Melee" thingy, so that you can choose whenever to play with it or not.

Anyways...

First of all, I really hope stuff like L-Cancel and Wavedash will still work... and I'm actually pretty sure it will. Atleast L-Cancel.

Second on my wishlist is Geno. If he's in it, I'll be VERY happy.

3th... would be nice with some really cool bosses in Adventure Mode and Eventmatch. And some really CHALLENGING bosses would be nice, for a difference. Giga Bowser and the Master/Crazy Hands were far too easy.

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I agree with D.Holmes.

I'd like for EACH character to have more than 2 Special Moves 'cause if I'm right they don't release more than 1 Smash Brothers per system, so I want the most out of it.

30-50 stages :drool:

Characters:
-Dante
-Kratos*********************************************
-Crash
-Squall-Tidus-Cloud************************************************************
-Sonic and Tails

-I'd also like VERY cinematic endings(story mode)something really nice at the end and different for each character, you know.

-co-op special moves (kinda like those Marvel VS. Capcom games)

-INTERACTIVE environments
-More crazy items from MANY games.

-Online(Wi-fi)play:love:

Man, Wii's gonna sell like hot gum........or cold gum......:mog:

Laguna
05-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Variation would be nice. For example, melee has plenty of characters but a lot of them have similar move sets:
Ganondorf: Captain Falcon
Fox: Falco
Link: Young Link
Marth: Roy
Pikachu: Pichu

I know these characters all handle vastly differently, but some variation in move set would be nice. When the only difference between characters seems to be weight and speed I get a little annoyed. I mean the biggest one for me is the Marth: Roy one. There are so many character's in Fire Emblem, why not choose two contrasting ones? Like Lyndis: Hector? That would be nice.

Hope they dont mess it up.

Giga Guess
05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Improve Pichu, or take him out. He is just shy of useless. Too light to offer any stamina, is a Pikachu clone, and inflicts damage to himself. 3 strikes baby.

Shaun
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Sonic vs. Mario is perfectly possible in a handheld version of Smash Bros...

http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/media/smashgp.jpg

Hah, not exactly as good as a Wi -- um, Revolution version, I guess...

Agent Proto
05-11-2006, 02:35 PM
If there's one thing I have noticed from the video is that there are super special moves shown. Like Mario's super size hadoken and Wario's nukular fart. xD

NINJA_Ryu
05-11-2006, 02:44 PM

He is just too cool.

isnt sonic from sega?

I dont know if you read this, but i said a Sega-Capcom team, with Sega and thier Sonic,Golden Axe, etc. And capcom with megaman, SNK, RE etc.

That would be an awesome brawl. Nemesis ^^

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm hoping those aren't the only new additions to the roster. But I'm not terribly worried about that, given the amount of characters added last time there's sure to be a lot more.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I could see Sonic making an appearance. That'd be rather fun, I think.

I'm really excited to see Metaknight. I was saying that he needed to be in there since last time.

Maybe get a few more of the Starfox characters in there, DEFINITELY want to see more Earthbound characters in there.

Mike from Star Tropics would be fun. Boy and girl version :)

I'd also love to see Erdrick from the original Dragon Warrior series. That'd be damn cool, and it looks like Nintendo is collaborating with other companies this time around so it may just happen.

StarlightAngel
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Ooooh.... I wanna try out Pit :love: Angels rock 8D

I'd also like trying out Metaknight >3

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm hoping those aren't the only new additions to the roster. But I'm not terribly worried about that, given the amount
of characters added last time there's sure to be a lot more.

I'd like to see more babes.....

-Dixie(sp?) from DK
-One of those babes from Fire Emblem
-One of those babes from F-Zero
-Daisy(with different moves. not the same ones as Peach)
-I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see some FF babes here too(though I don't know of SE would allow it). But if they do: Yuna, Rikku, Paine Tifa, FFXIII's babe********************, and one of the babes from FF1-FF6.
-and others I can't remember lol

and on the male side I'd REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY would like to see Diddy Kong join the party, he's awesome! and they better make him awesome =).

NeoCracker
05-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's some characters I'd like to see added.

- Dekar, Lufia 2
- Rand, Breath of Fire 2
- Katt, Breath of Fire 2
- Starmen, Earth Bound
- X, Megaman X
- Zero, Megaman X
- Geno, Super Mario RPG

That would be some awsome additions

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Improve Pichu, or take him out. He is just shy of useless. Too light to offer any stamina, is a Pikachu clone, and inflicts damage to himself. 3 strikes baby.But that's what makes him such a great character! The fact that he sucks compared to all the others. That way, it's a lot more fun to actually manage to win with him. :greenie:

Also, I'd really like to see some Golden Sun characters in there. More than anyone else, Saturos. :cool:

Roto13
05-11-2006, 05:46 PM
If there are going to be an Golden Sun characters, they'll most likely use Isaac or Felix. Hopefully not both. We don't need two earth adepts.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd like to see Felix and Jenna, personally.

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Improve Pichu, or take him out. He is just shy of useless. Too light to offer any stamina, is a Pikachu clone, and inflicts damage to himself. 3 strikes baby.

I'll never understand this argument. Yes, I agree, Pichu should be improved. But even if he isn't, is that any reason to remove him? Do the people who play as him not matter?

Crossblades
05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I want to see Golden Sun characters

KentaRawr!
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Darth Holmes, there appears to be a special move that you can use once you pick up a certain item. For example, Mario had a Super Hadouken as said by another poster, Link had an Omni-Slash type move, and Kirby boils people in a pot. o_o And Wario farts, apparently. Anyway, with my wishes be these:

Eliminate the clones! >=O Give Ganondorf a sword, give Falco a new move-set, give Young-Link masks from Majora's Mask, give Pichu a bottle of poison, give Roy a new move-set, make Dr. Mario an alternate costume, and bring me my gameboy! :O

New characters I'd like to see:

Charmander (Poke'mon)
Tails (Sonic is t3h suxorz!)
Isaac (Golden Sun)

And strangely, I can't think of anything else. My mind has gone bad. :(

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok, here we go! Some other cool ideas:

-Stage Creation. Simply, you would be able to create your own stages by placing out different kinds of plattforms, walls and objects and then adding different kinds of backgrounds etc. Something you should be able to unlock by completing all the event matches... or something like that. :cool:

-Weapon Mode: Being able to choose different weapons for the characters, like in SC. Let's take Marth, for example:

Marth

Sword 1: The basic one he uses in SSBM. Long reach, decent knock-back and around 14-20% dammage with F-Smash.

Sword 2: Shorter reach (about the same as Link's sword), same knock-back and dammage, no sweet-spot and slightly less lag from moves.

Sword 3: Long reach, weak knock-back, 18-26% dammage with F-Smash.

Super Adventure Mode: like Weapon Master in SC, you have a big main map were you fight trough stages, chooses which path to take and are able to change character to play with etc. Hopefully, you get what I mean. :greenie:

Edit: Oh, and I'm against complete elimination of the clones. To tell you the truth, I actually want Ganondorf to stay the way he is. Of course, that's only because he's my main man in melee. But yeah... he's perfectly fine the way he is, in my oppinion. Just give him a sword slash thingy instead of the useless Warlock Punch or something... and remove that annoying good-for-nothing Explosion Kick. And of course, allow him to sweet-spot the edge with his Up B, damnit. >_<

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 06:43 PM
:tonberry:Solid Snake VS Link:tonberry:

Levian
05-11-2006, 08:07 PM

Then go play Golden Sun. :cool:

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Waluigi ruined Mario Kart DS - he had better not ruin this!

What?

Polnareff
05-11-2006, 09:42 PM
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Meta Knight
- Li'l Mac (Punch-Out)
- Wario
- Clay (Mario Tennis Advance)
- Poo (EarthBound)
- Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
- Hitmonlee
- Hitmonchan
- One of the Custom Robo robots
- Donbe & Hikari (Shin Oni Ga Shima)

And I'd like to see the clone characters go. Those IMO ruined any type of diverse character selection in Melee =/

EDIT: Holy crap. Just checked the other thread and Meta Knight and Pit are in?! Damn..... finally....

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Wario's in it too.

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 10:24 PM
And I'd like to see the clone characters go. Those IMO ruined any type of diverse character selection in Melee =/

Here it is again! You want to see them go because they "ruined any type of diverse character selection"? Explain to me exactly how that's the case.

Again, I play Doctor Mario, because YOU don't like clone characters, should I not be allowed to play him?

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Eliminate the clones! >=O Give Ganondorf a sword, give Falco a new move-set, give Young-Link masks from Majora's Mask, give Pichu a bottle of poison some steroids, give Roy a new move-set, make Dr. Mario an alternate costume, and bring me my Game Boy!

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
There's no justifiable reasoning behind any of that! Especially the Fox/Falco example. You have played Smash, right? Then you should know how crazily different those two characters are played.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Go ahead and call me insane, but I think Latias and Latios might fit well into this game. If they both get put in, I hope they're varied enough from each other that they aren't clones.

Dixie
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I've been wanting to see Sonic kick the crap out of Mario since I was little.Same here. ^_^

Yesh, Pichu needs to get out of SSB. That thing is useless. Ooh I'd love to see Sonic vs. Tails. I don't think it will happen, at least the Tails part...And I hope they add the Pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Not as playable characters(but that would be nice!), but as Pokemon the come out of the Pokeballs. ^_^

chaos_ghost
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I really want the clones to stay, but I think they should be given more diverse special moves. I also wouldn't mind if Sonic, Tails, Waluigi, Diddy, Meta-Knight, and Daisy were in it. I also say Link and Young Link should have the ability to use fir, ice, and light arrows.

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Yesh, Pichu needs to get out of SSB. That thing is useless.

Okay, guys, I'm serious here. My point has gone unaddressed. If you aren't bothering to answer it, I can only assume that you can't answer it. That I am right, and that sooner or later the earth will destroy itself the next time someone says "OMG Pichu is SOOO Lame, get him out!!".

Crossblades
05-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Then go play Golden Sun. :cool:

Been there, done that:p

Crossblades
05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I hope to see Golden Sun Characters along with Custom Robo characters. I even want to see all the characters from SSBM to return. Some more Fire Emblem characters would be nice too:)

Polnareff
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Here it is again! You want to see them go because they "ruined any type of diverse character selection"? Explain to me exactly how that's the case.

Again, I play Doctor Mario, because YOU don't like clone characters, should I not be allowed to play him?

What? You're against a diverse roster in a fighting game? Surely you jest. >=P

Sure, some clones are pretty different in some ways (Roy, Luigi, Pichu) but they're not COMPLETELY different. I dunno about you, but I'd rather see a whole roster of characters with different moves rather than ones having the same moves with slightly changed properties. I for one thought it was rather dumb that Ganondorf had the same moves as Captain Falcon O.o;; Yes he was slower, but IMO that's not much of a change.

If you think differently, that's cool, but don't be attacking people for having different opinions. It's rather childish.

Okay, guys, I'm serious here. My point has gone unaddressed. If you aren't bothering to answer it, I can only assume that you can't answer it.

Oh, please. Get off your high horse. I only didn't answer because I was doing important things IRL.

Cz
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
The issue is not that Pichu is a clone, it's that it's terrible, and nobody in their right mind would use it. :D

Master Quan
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
What? You're against a diverse roster in a fighting game? Surely you jest. >=P

How does the presence of characters who are similar to each other completely eliminate the diversity of the others?

Sure, some clones are pretty different in some ways (Roy, Luigi, Pichu) but they're not COMPLETELY different. I dunno about you, but I'd rather see a whole roster of characters with different moves rather than ones having the same moves with slightly changed properties. I for one thought it was rather dumb that Ganondorf had the same moves as Captain Falcon O.o;; Yes he was slower, but IMO that's not much of a change.

I can agree that for the most part, yes, the Roy/Marth and Pichu/Pikachu analogy works alright in this argument, but there's NO way you can argue that Luigi is a clone of Mario. No WAY.

If you think differently, that's cool, but don't be attacking people for having different opinions. It's rather childish.

I don't recall attacking anyone. Besides, these different opinions are stupid. What harm does Pichu do to the game? Does he stop you playing as Link or any of the other characters? Does he make them weaker retroactively by merely being there? No. The argument they are making makes about as much sense as saying "Agh. I really hate these disabled ramps, I don't use them at all! We should get rid of them".

Oh, please. Get off your high horse. I only didn't answer because I was doing important things IRL.

It wasn't directed at you, actually, it was more directed at the complete disregard other people displayed towards what I said.

As it stands, no one's answered my question yet.

edit:
The issue is not that Pichu is a clone, it's that it's terrible, and nobody in their right mind would use it. :D

See! It's stuff like this that gets me angry.

edit2: Also, you might be interested to know that the world has just blown up.

Cz
05-11-2006, 11:54 PM

See! It's stuff like this that gets me angry.
I don't see why it should. I don't have an issue with Pichu's cloned moveset, I just find that the character's weaknesses (particularly its weight) make it a chore to play. I'm not saying the character should be removed, though. It just needs to be brought up to speed a bit so it can compete, that's all.

Personally, I think the more characters in SSBB, and the more balanced they are, the better. :)

Dixie
05-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Okay, guys, I'm serious here. My point has gone unaddressed. If you aren't bothering to answer it, I can only assume that you can't answer it. That I am right, and that sooner or later the earth will destroy itself the next time someone says "OMG Pichu is SOOO Lame, get him out!!".I didn't say he was lame. I only think he sucks because he damages himself when he attacks and he easily gets KO'd because he weighs 0.001 pounds. >_< But...He is a good runner and is quick at moving, so maybe I should take that comment I said earlier back. Oh, and he's a Pokemon. ^_^

Polnareff
05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
How does the presence of characters who are similar to each other completely eliminate the diversity of the others?

It doesn't eliminate the diversity of characters like DK, Ice Climbers, Peach, Ness, or a few others, but it basically means that characters that could have made it into the game didn't. For every Nintendo character that the game made reference to in its modes and trophies, you would expect the roster to have a wider array of characters.

I can agree that for the most part, yes, the Roy/Marth and Pichu/Pikachu analogy works alright in this argument, but there's NO way you can argue that Luigi is a clone of Mario. No WAY.

Okay.

I suppose that's fair enough. I actually like Luigi more than Mario (seems to be more power oriented).

I don't recall attacking anyone. Besides, these different opinions are stupid. What harm does Pichu do to the game? Does he stop you playing as Link or any of the other characters? Does he make them weaker retroactively by merely being there? No. The argument they are making makes about as much sense as saying "Agh. I really hate these disabled ramps, I don't use them at all! We should get rid of them".

I'm not really a Pichu hater, I'm just not a huge fan of him and don't see the point of having him in the game, when another Pokemon character (like Hitmonlee) would be perfect for this game. Pikachu is pretty much everything Pichu is, but better.

I guess I'd have to see it from the point of view of someone who likes to use more disadvantageous characters to win. I can do that, since I like picking characters like Dan (SFA).

So basically it's fine, and a valid opinion. But my point is, Melee was like a virtual Nintendo museum. Look at all the trophies, stages, and obscure Nintendo characters stuffed into the game. And a lot of the characters shown aren't even playable. That's why I said having these clone characters sort of stole from the diversity of the roster, because for every Ice Climber, you get a Young Link or a Ganondorf.

But this is a different game than Melee, so.....

It wasn't directed at you, actually, it was more directed at the complete disregard other people displayed towards what I said.

Oh. Sorry about that then.

Yamaneko
05-12-2006, 12:08 AM
*threads merged*

Laguna
05-12-2006, 01:23 AM
I know for a fact that each character handles differently, but I do get annoyed by the reuse of the same move sets. I mean, just make each character a little more unique, its not that much to ask for. Sure Roy and Marth are both swordsmen, but Roy is about brute strength whereas Marth seems to be more flowing- make their moves reflect this a little! (or better yet, use other Fire Emblem Characters! Come on Lyndis!)

Frankly, I hope they dont mess up Snake too bad. I mean if he ends up with a useless special (ie hide in a cardboard box, oh the hiliarity!) I will be less than pleased. For the love of god, please bring about the end of seemingly useless direction+b moves!

NOTE: I am aware that each move has its optimum use and its all relative to situation.... I guess there might not be such a thing as a useless move... I guess im just asking for more useful things than moves that seem limited... especially with the new characters!

Rase
05-12-2006, 01:27 AM
I'd assume that, should the box be in the final game, it'd be his taunt or something. I honestly have no clue as to what Snakes specials could be, aside from a pistol for a weak, long range attack (a la Fox/Falco). It will definetly be interesting to see how each one plays when all is said and done.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Here's mine

tht would mess up the game

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I for one thought it was rather dumb that Ganondorf had the same moves as Captain Falcon O.o;; Yes he was slower, but IMO that's not much of a change.
Then you've obiviously not played Ganon and C. Falcon enough. The difference between Ganon and C. Falcon is far bigger than the difference between most other clones. And their movesets are not completely the same either. Ganondorf's Up Tilt is the worthless Explosion Kick. A powerful but extremely slow KO move. C. Falcon's Up Tilt is a much faster edge-guard move. Also, their Forward Aerials are extremely different, other than the fact that they both are their main KO moves.
The issue is not that Pichu is a clone, it's that it's terrible, and nobody in their right mind would use it. :DThat's the reason you WANT to play him. I mean... you can beat people with him and then laugh them in the face for getting beat by the weakest character in the game. :cool:

NeoCracker
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I for one thought it was rather dumb that Ganondorf had the same moves as Captain Falcon O.o;; Yes he was slower, but IMO that's not much of a change.
Then you've obiviously not played Ganon and C. Falcon enough. The difference between Ganon and C. Falcon is far bigger than the difference between most other clones. And their movesets are not completely the same either. Ganondorf's Up Tilt is the worthless Explosion Kick. A powerful but extremely slow KO move. C. Falcon's Up Tilt is a much faster edge-guard move. Also, their Forward Aerials are extremely different, other than the fact that they both are their main KO moves.
The issue is not that Pichu is a clone, it's that it's terrible, and nobody in their right mind would use it. :DThat's the reason you WANT to play him. I mean... you can beat people with him and then laugh them in the face for getting beat by the weakest character in the game. :cool:

Hey man, Gannons explosion kick isn't usless, not as usefull, but still usefull. I would say I wish they keep him the same, but with the knew control I'm not sure how that would work. I just hope he remains as awsome, along with Ness.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey man, Gannons explosion kick isn't usless, not as usefull, but still usefull. I would say I wish they keep him the same, but with the knew control I'm not sure how that would work. I just hope he remains as awsome, along with Ness.There's only 1 singel use for the Explosion Kick: On a sleeping Jigglypuff who missed a Rest. But good Jiggly's knows about this and only use Rest vs Ganon when they KNOW it's going to hit anyways, so yeah...

When it comes down to it, the Explosion Kick is Ganon's worst move. And the reason is simply: You won't land it unless your opponent is sleeping.

NeoCracker
05-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I've landed it, not often though. Its usefull for catching people coming up after they use their up-b. Its definately more useful than what your saying though, also at times its good as a follow up attack if you hit them with some sort of air combo. Its definatley not his most useful move, far from it, but definately not useless.

Markus. D
05-12-2006, 11:58 AM
they should have like a world where you choose a character and level it up and buy new equips weapons for it while putting points into a sorta skill tree system.

thatd waste hours.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I've landed it, not often though. Its usefull for catching people coming up after they use their up-b. Its definately more useful than what your saying though, also at times its good as a follow up attack if you hit them with some sort of air combo. Its definatley not his most useful move, far from it, but definately not useless.Have you ever landed it on even a decent player, though? CPU's doesn't count, because they suck and have no brains.

Experienced players will sweet-spot the edge with their Up B's, thus you'll not be able to land it. And you shouldn't use Up B's as offensive moves on stage unless you're Link or Bowser... and in a few cases Marth. Any combo that would end with a Explosion Kick is easily escapable. You "can't" land the Explosion Kick in a serious match against a good player unless it's a Jiggly. And if you for some reason would like to go with a slow power-move anyways, the Warlock Punch is usually still a better option. Sure, it got less KO power than the Explosion Kick at low %, but it got slightly less start up time, better dammage, slightly better range AND can be started in the air.

But in all seriousness, those are Ganon's absolutely worst moves unless you play a Jiggly. And I seriously think the Explosion Kick is useless... and one of the worst moves in the game. Using it is basically like saying: "Hi! I'll be standing here, charging for a while. Please, hit me with something powerful or combo me to death while I do this". :p

Edit: On a side note, I'm going to start a SSBB EoFF online tourney once the game has been released in every country. If Ganon still got the Explosion Kick, you may get a chanse to prove me wrong. ;)

Elite Lord Sigma
05-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Let's see. Pichu needs to be buffed up a bit, or at least get rid of that whole damage-yourself-when-using-electric-attacks limitation.

Adding on to what a previous poster said, I do think Young Link should get his masks from Majora's Mask. I believe that being able to turn into the Fierce Deity for around 30 seconds should be his ultimate attack.

Give Ganondorf his sword, and make his Explosion Kick less useless, or replace it with something better.

I do think Roy should be varied from Marth. Roy should have powerful fire-based attacks, while Marth should try to flow into one combo into another. I still want Roy to keep Flare Blade, though. That move is awesome.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I do think Roy should be varied from Marth. Roy should have powerful fire-based attacks, while Marth should try to flow into one combo into another. I still want Roy to keep Flare Blade, though. That move is awesome.
That's pretty much the way it already is in melee. Also, Roy should be buffed up a little. The powerbalance between Marth and Roy is too big in melee. Roy should have a better recovery and a decent spike/meteor move, in my oppinion.

NeoCracker
05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
YEs, I have hit experienced players with it. I almost beat one of the top players in a tournament with Gannon, and I hit him with explosion kick a decent number of times. You just have to know what your doing with it.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Then, may I ask: "How" did you do in order to land the Explosion Kick? Because no sane, skilled player would "run into it" or "get combo'ed into it".

A top player in a tourney getting hit by Explosion Kick just... sounds wrong.

NeoCracker
05-12-2006, 04:32 PM
You might have to give me a while, my freind has had the my copy for over six months and I havn't played it for quite a while.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Edit: Ok, problem solved trough PM. He actually meant Wizard's Foot aka the Down B, which in fact is a really good move. The Explosion Kick is the Up Tilt (Up + A, not smash), the move were he stands with his leg in the air for a while, then slams it in the ground causing an explosion. THAT'S a really, really bad move.

NeoCracker
05-12-2006, 04:45 PM
So you remember almost beating a top player with the use of Explosion Kick, but you don't remember how you managed to hit with it?

Oh well... whatever. But there's ALWAYS better and safer options than Explosion Kick. Because no matter what you do, an Explosion Kick will always be completely avoidable unless it's on a sleeping/stunned character. I've actually never got hit by an Explosion Kick.

Sorry. I may be completely wrong but... the fact that the "top player" you fought got hit by Explosion Kick makes me doubt he really was a top player.
He was like the third rank in the tournament.I believe he was fox and after his fox fire jump thing at times he makes for an easy target with the attack. Though yes, there are definately better options. The guy who actually won it I couldnt hit him with it though, however he was sheik and kept doing that annoying dodge roll crap and dodged virtually every attack, but thats beside the point.

Edit: ITs now been brought to my attention that I have been argueing in favor of the wrong move, thinking explosion kick with wizard foot. Feel free to beat me for my stupidity.

Giga Guess
05-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Edit: Ok, problem solved trough PM. He actually meant Wizard's Foot aka the Down B, which in fact is a really good move. The Explosion Kick is the Up Tilt (Up + A, not smash), the move were he stands with his leg in the air for a while, then slams it in the ground causing an explosion. THAT'S a really, really bad move.

If it was a charge move, it would've been better, but FORCING you to swing for the rafters isn't very useful. Gerudo Punch is far more effective.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Ah, yes. I'd also like to see Adventure be unique for each character.

ljkkjlcm9
05-13-2006, 03:50 AM
uhm the creator of the game on the japanese website is actually taking input from people about what characters/stages/music should be in the game, so we may very well see characters like Sonic and Rockman

THE JACKEL

GooeyToast
05-13-2006, 04:21 AM
DEFINITELY want to see more Earthbound characters in there.

Definetly definetly :D

Madame Adequate
05-13-2006, 05:05 AM
Clearly we need a Cacodemon in there.

KentaRawr!
05-13-2006, 05:31 AM
I said earlier that if Young Link is going to be an eliminated clone, he should be given masks. But I only gave it a quick "GIVE HIM MASKS!", so I will go into more detail.

Adult Link's items really are all used in SSBM, except for a few that just wouldn't fit. Bow and Arrow, Hookshot, Boomerang, Bombs... yeah, it's Link. But there are items that appeared in Zelda games that would fit, too. Like the Seed Shooter and Bombchu's. Another thing that would be cool would be masks that allow you to transform, like in MM. n.n

ljkkjlcm9
05-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I said earlier that if Young Link is going to be an eliminated clone, he should be given masks. But I only gave it a quick "GIVE HIM MASKS!", so I will go into more detail.

Adult Link's items really are all used in SSBM, except for a few that just wouldn't fit. Bow and Arrow, Hookshot, Boomerang, Bombs... yeah, it's Link. But there are items that appeared in Zelda games that would fit, too. Like the Seed Shooter and Bombchu's. Another thing that would be cool would be masks that allow you to transform, like in MM. n.n
you said masks to transform, which made me think is Samus no suit a new character, or like a morph. I think it's a new character, and i think zelda and sheik should be split, and they could do complete seperate characters for each mask, like Zora, Deku, and Goron characters.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
05-13-2006, 06:03 AM
I suppose that would be better. I mean, the difference between Shiek and Zelda is huge. I haven't really seen anyone use both in the same match, because one person is going to like the speed, and another the power. Making Zora Link and Goron Link the same character would just be funky. o.o

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I'd like to see the guy from Castlevania in there. Beatin' the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of people with whips would rock a little bit.

Him, or Indiana Jones. Y'know.

Lionx
05-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Roy doesnt even have a jab ;i thats too weak imo...that and Shiek is too powerful, i hope she gets serverely nerfed so that she is more balanced.

Ultima Shadow
05-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Roy doesnt even have a jab ;i thats too weak imo...that and Shiek is too powerful, i hope she gets serverely nerfed so that she is more balanced.I second this.

Remove her tilt-to-tilt combos, the insane start-up time of the "slap" and give her needles less priority etc. Also, remove Fox's shine spike! If there's anything worse than the combo-machine that is Sheik, then it's shine-happy Foxes. Sure, it does require more skill than just chaining F-Tilts with Sheik... but it does not require enough skill to deserve to be a 0%-killer move.

Also, no more chaingrabbing. :greenie:

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Roy doesnt even have a jab ;i thats too weak imo...that and Shiek is too powerful, i hope she gets serverely nerfed so that she is more balanced.I second this.

Remove her tilt-to-tilt combos, the insane start-up time of the "slap" and give her needles less priority etc. Also, remove Fox's shine spike! If there's anything worse than the combo-machine that is Sheik, then it's shine-happy Foxes. Sure, it does require more skill than just chaining F-Tilts with Sheik... but it does not require enough skill to deserve to be a 0%-killer move.

Also, no more chaingrabbing. :greenie:

yeah, they should also ban the rolling on the floor crap:irked:

Nick Schovitz
05-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Ahhh all of this confuses me, what's Pit and why Snake, he's not even a part of Nintendo and his games weren't even on Gamecube, it's strange! Wario's in there and check out his special move.

Rase
05-13-2006, 04:29 PM

Oh man, I think I would cry if they got rid of roll/dodging. But, since you can see Mario do it once near the end of the trailer, I highly doubt they will.

Ahhh all of this confuses me, what's Pit and why Snake, he's not even a part of Nintendo and his games weren't even on Gamecube, it's strange! Wario's in there and check out his special move.

Pit is from the NES game Kid Icarus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus) As for Snake, I'd guess he's in there to show that Nintendo has got some very nice surprises in store for us in this one. Also, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Twin_Snakes), a remake of the original MGS, was released on the GCN.

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 04:49 PM

Oh man, I think I would cry if they got rid of roll/dodging. But, since you can see Mario do it once near the end of the trailer, I highly doubt they will.

Pit is from the NES game Kid Icarus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus) As for Snake, I'd guess he's in there to show that Nintendo has got some very nice surprises in store for us in this one. Also, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Twin_Snakes), a remake of the original MGS, was released on the GCN.

They should also add Waluigi, but give him WAY different moves, not the same as Wario or Luigi.:)

Toad would be WAY cool too:)

Lionx
05-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Errr only the newbs use roll all the damn time, its extremely easy to predict where the guy will land and Smash them. If anything i would like it so its eaiser to perform a short hop(as its my bane atm from being newb to being somewhat decent) so that wavedashing and shuffling is easier.

Ultima Shadow
05-13-2006, 06:07 PM
If anything i would like it so its eaiser to perform a short hop(as its my bane atm from being newb to being somewhat decent) so that wavedashing and shuffling is easier.Whenever a character's short hops are easy or not to perform depends completely on their start-up time for jumps. Since short hops are performed by releasing the jump button before the character leaves the ground, it would mean that some characters, like Fox, would have their start-up time for jumps increased. But I actually don't mind that too much. Or maybe they could change it so that you just need to press "lightly" on the jump button instead of for a short amount of time... :greenie:

KH-Cloudy
05-13-2006, 06:45 PM
is this gonna be for the revolution nintendo?

Craig
05-13-2006, 06:49 PM
is this gonna be for the revolution nintendo?

Yes. Although it has been renamed Wii.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-13-2006, 06:55 PM
It'd be cool for downloadable characters, like have a giant database of characters, and you pick which ones you want on your card by meeting certain qualifications.

Lionx
05-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Or maybe they could change it so that you just need to press "lightly" on the jump button instead of for a short amount of time...

Yeah thats what i mean sorry for not being clear, one thing that frustrated me the most was that...you would think a tap would make you short hop, and it wasnt, and it took me ages to figure that out...or it felt that way. It was just unnecessary. x_x

Ultima Shadow
05-14-2006, 01:16 AM
The easiest way that I've found to perform a short-hop is to hold the thumb on either X or Y, whichever you prefere, and then quickly let it "slip off". A bit hard to explain but... yeah, it works really good.

Another thing I want in SSBB, though, is better wave dashes for slow characters. Ganon with a wave dash like Marth's= Me happy. :greenie:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-14-2006, 04:14 AM
I hope Square Enix gets on board with this as well. I'd love to see a character like Sora or Terra get in.

Of course it'd probably be Cloud and Sephiroth if anybody. But I guess I could live with that.

Skyblade
05-15-2006, 05:48 AM
I've seen several screenshots here, but no link to this (http://uk.media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html) as yet, so here you go. To watch the trailer, just click one of the images. For those hoping for supermoves, they appear to be in it, although from an item rather than a limit-break type attack. Mario gets a screen-wide fireball, Link gets a really awesome looking Triforce slash, and Kirby has Chef mode. Except for the part with Wario (which seemed incredibly pathetic, immature, and a drain on the quality of the game [which, actually, seems to be a fairly apt description of Wario/Waluigi period]), it looks awesome. Great stages, cool moves, nice graphics, Meta Knight... :D

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 09:50 PM
They should add in Lufia 2's Dekar. That would be one of the coolest additions possible.

~SapphireStar~
05-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Im soooo going to snap this beauty up. I can play as Snake!! SQUEEE! Happy days, come to me my mullet wonder :D

Roto13
05-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I look forward to seeing Kirby with a mullet when he copies Snake. Oh, god, yes.

On another note, like my slightly shopped Meta Knight?

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7664/metaknightdark7or.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=metaknightdark7or.jpg)

DeathKnight
05-23-2006, 01:21 AM
I heard you can use the Retro controller to play this game. If that's the case the I'm gonnn PWN so much!:D :up:

Can't wait to kick some ass with it online (Wi-Fi).

I REALLY hope they add FF characters.

Perducci
05-23-2006, 03:00 AM
If Snake is in the game, then I see no reason why Vulcan Raven shouldn't be.

And Otacon, too. :cool:

Apart from them, I think it would be really cool to have Megaman in there, too.

Roto13
05-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Otacon would have awesome special attacks.

B: Whine

Up+B: Cry

Side+B: Wet self

Down+B: Have sex with stepmother

Blackout
05-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, the following characters will be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii, which are new to the series:

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Wario

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Loyd (Tales Of Symphomia)
Colette (Tales Of Symphia)
(All Three Of The Secrect Of Mana Main Characters)
Sonic (Sonic Rush)
Tails (Sonic Rush)

These people would be awsome in that game.

Perducci
05-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Down+B: Have sex with stepmother

xD

I did some more thinking, and came to the conclusion that Frog from Chrono Trigger needs to be in this game. :D

Roto13
05-24-2006, 02:46 AM
A lot of people seem to think that Snake won't fit in.

DeathKnight
05-24-2006, 04:53 AM

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Wario

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Loyd (Tales Of Symphomia)
Colette (Tales Of Symphia)
(All Three Of The Secrect Of Mana Main Characters)
Sonic (Sonic Rush)
Tails (Sonic Rush)

These people would be awsome in that game.

Ooooooooooooooooh! I love those characters you mentioned, great additions right there:cool: :up:

Roto13
05-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Kirby when he copies Snake

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14419310057.png

It's not real, but awesome.

XxSephirothxX
06-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release. Three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link. Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.
Hot damn. I'm wondering who the other characters will originate from--maybe Sonic from Sega, or someone from Square Enix, Capcom, or Ubisoft?

Roto13
06-08-2006, 02:43 AM
I'd bet money that Sonic will be involved.

DeathKnight
06-08-2006, 06:02 AM
1-2 other characters??? that's...pathetic :irked: I was hoping for at least 10 non-nintendo characters :irked: Oh well, at least Snake's there. I wonder if Ryu or Chun-Li will make it lol..., Sonic will for sure, hmmmmm can't wait to see what else is up with this game.

Rase
06-08-2006, 06:17 AM
After watching this (http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/wfight/html/chara/simo.html) (click link near bottom, above CLOSE), I've realized that a Belmont could easily fit in nicely, with minor tweaking.

B: Dagger
Up+B: Some warp thingie
Side+B: Cross
Down+B: Holy water

:)

KentaRawr!
06-10-2006, 11:48 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/LoonySnake.jpg

B: Static Electricity
Up+B: Wark
Side+B: Edit
Down+B: Transform into Award Guy

:D

Alixsar
06-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Rumor has it that the Ice Climbers, Young Link, and Mr. Game and Watch are all going to be taken out of Brawl. This makes perfect sense considering that no one in the entire world likes the Ice Climbers, and I only know of one person who is cool enough to pull playing as Mr. G+W. And the loss of Young Link isn't a big deal since rumor also has it that Wind Waker Link (along with Bowser Jr. and Ridley) are going to be in Brawl. Then again, the source of all of this info is a French gaming site that claims that one of the guys making the game was on a Japanese radio show and said all of that. So yeah, don't get too excited.

All I know is that Sonic and any Belmont should be in it (preferably Simon). After all, he was in Hudson's Dreammix TV so we already know that a Belmont could work in a Smash Bros style game. Then again, Dreammix TV has Optimus Prime AND Solid Snake in it and still manages to be horrible, so let's just forget about all of that.

Megaman and Bomberman would probably fit in pretty well also. I always represent on Link, so I'm set regardless of what happens.

Roto13
06-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Rumor has it that the Ice Climbers, Young Link, and Mr. Game and Watch are all going to be taken out of Brawl. This makes perfect sense considering that no one in the entire world likes the Ice Climbers.
I do. I don't think it's true because it seems odd that they would get rid of two of their most unique characters.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I personally feel Game and Watch is an absolutely terrible character, and I've never seen him used effectively. Ice Climbers, on the other hand, could easily be tweaked to be made effective. Both, as roto said, are quite unique, and add a definitive flavor to the game.

NeoCracker
06-11-2006, 07:38 AM
If they put Frog in the game My life willl be complete, Magus may also be fun.

Alixsar
06-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I personally feel Game and Watch is an absolutely terrible character, and I've never seen him used effectively. Ice Climbers, on the other hand, could easily be tweaked to be made effective. Both, as roto said, are quite unique, and add a definitive flavor to the game.

Clearly you've never played with my friend. All he does is scream "Who wants numbers?!" and while he plays. And he somehow wins every single time (obviously using the number move). But still, one person doesn't justify leaving a character in. As for Ice Climbers, they may be unique but the fact is that most people who play that game don't like their play style, so why bother bringing back something that no one will use? Instead, you can spend that time making new characters and having them add a new flavor to the game. And again, this is all rumor right now, so I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

Roto13
06-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Game & Watch is very low on the tier list, regardless of how well your friend plays as him. :p

Giga Guess
06-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Game & Watch is very low on the tier list, regardless of how well your friend plays as him. :p

Yeah kinda disappointing considering how much effort it takes to get him.

Alixsar
06-12-2006, 03:30 AM

I know, I'm well aware. I'm just going to miss those pancakes, that's all.

SnoopyG
06-12-2006, 03:32 AM
aw, ice climbers were fun
hope they keep them and just tweak them.

XxSephirothxX
06-12-2006, 03:59 AM
I think they should get rid of every Pokemon except Pikachu. The only reason he should be in it is because Pokemon is still a big seller for Nintendo, and they can't take out such an iconic character. Otherwise, I'd say they should ditch the little monsters completely.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-17-2006, 03:08 AM
Rumor has it that the Ice Climbers, Young Link, and Mr. Game and Watch are all going to be taken out of Brawl. This makes perfect sense considering that no one in the entire world likes the Ice Climbers, and I only know of one person who is cool enough to pull playing as Mr. G+W. And the loss of Young Link isn't a big deal since rumor also has it that Wind Waker Link (along with Bowser Jr. and Ridley) are going to be in Brawl. Then again, the source of all of this info is a French gaming site that claims that one of the guys making the game was on a Japanese radio show and said all of that. So yeah, don't get too excited.

This is all fake.

Cruise Control
06-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Felix, Geno, Booster. To name a few.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-17-2006, 04:36 AM
I think they should get rid of every Pokemon except Pikachu. The only reason he should be in it is because Pokemon is still a big seller for Nintendo, and they can't take out such an iconic character. Otherwise, I'd say they should ditch the little monsters completely.

Jigglypuff needs to stay in. My cousins would have a fit if it was taken out, they're insanely good with Jigglypuff. And it's a solid character, no reason to take it out.

Mewtwo is terrible, it needs to have a much better moveset if it's going to stay in.

Pichu could easily be taken out, it really doesn't add a whole lot to the game.

Frankly though I think they should leave most of the pokemon to the pokeballs and keep them at a bare minimum as far as actual fighters are concerned.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 05:35 AM

This is all fake.

Exactly why I said don't get excited, it was just a rumor.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-17-2006, 04:43 PM
anybody notice that enblem on metaknights left shoulder?

Roto13
06-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Mewtwo is terrible, it needs to have a much better moveset if it's going to stay in.
It's weight is a much bigger problem than it's moves, really.

Fire_Emblem776
06-18-2006, 04:25 AM
All the pokemon could fit, poke balls would be a lot more fun XD

Elite Lord Sigma
06-19-2006, 02:13 AM
Not to mention it's one of the slower characters.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Not to mention it's one of the slower characters.

yeah..I want some characters to be heavier.......and with better moves. And better FLYING moves (to keep oneself from falling).

Ultima Shadow
06-19-2006, 03:36 PM
yeah..I want some characters to be heavier.......and with better moves. And better FLYING moves (to keep oneself from falling).
Fast falling is usually better than floatieness, though. It makes the characters faster.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Fast falling is usually better than floatieness, though. It makes the characters faster.

I don't want a fast character, I want characters who can keep themselves from falling(which is more important to me).

Roto13
06-19-2006, 04:21 PM

I don't want a fast character, I want characters who can keep themselves from falling you can flick away(which is more important to me).

Giga Guess
06-20-2006, 12:28 AM

I don't want a fast character, I want characters who can keep themselves from falling you can flick away(which is more important to me).

Play nice, Roto...there is a valid point in there....it depends on playing style. One focuses on recovery, the other focuses on not getting to that point in the first place.

Roto13
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM

Play nice, Roto...there is a valid point in there....it depends on playing style. One focuses on recovery, the other focuses on not getting to that point in the first place.
Lightness is a weakness. It's like swatting a butterfly away. Too slow to recover.

Giga Guess
06-20-2006, 12:43 AM

Lightness is a weakness. It's like swatting a butterfly away. Too slow to recover.

It's a beginner's method. I remember when I relied on it.

Ultima Shadow
06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
First of all, weight and fast falling/floatieness isn't exactly the same thing. More weight makes a character fly a shorter distance from attacks while fast-falling/floatiness decides how fast a character's falling speed is. Just to make clear everyone got that.

It's true that the floatieness helps certain characters with recovery. For example... Samus wouldn't be able to bomb-jump if she was a fast-faller. However... any character can be edge-guarded and the improved recovery potentional is traded against upward-KO resistance.

For example... Samus is actually the 4th heaviest character in the game. But since falling speed plays a just as big role as weight when it comes to upward-KO resistance, Samus can be KOed upwards even easier than Fox, who actually is one of the lightest characters in the game but who, unlike Samus, is a fast-faller.

And since it's completely impossible to "recover" from a upward-KO, the upward-KO resistance can play a bigger role than recoveries when facing a character like Fox, who got insane upward KO-moves but lacks a bit when it comes to horizontal KO-moves.

Now, just for fun... let's imagine the fast-fallers with floatiness and floaties with fast-falling. I'll only include the REALLY fast falling and REALLY floaty ones.

Fast-Fallers:

1) Fox.

A floaty Fox would not have anywhere near the combo potentional he has as a fast-faller. Since his Up B recovery is so easily edge-guarded and his Side B recovery would become much more predictable, the floatiness wouldn't really help out Fox's recovery much other than making it easier for him to get in range to actually hit the edge with his recoveries, which still would be easy to edge-guard. Floatiness would make Fox sink like a stone on the tier list.

2) Falco.

Unlike Fox, there's 1 thing that Falco actually could take advantage of if he was floaty. And that's his Down Aerial spike. Since he falls so fast, using it off stage means suicide. This wouldn't be a problem with floatiness, though. Now, for the flaws... the so called "short hop laser", which is the very reason Falco is so high on the tier list to begin with would be pretty much impossible to use effectively if falco was a floatie. This alone, makes floatiness for Falco a VERY bad idea. But that's not all. Falco got another awesome thingy called "pillar" which includes Falco's Down B, Down Aerial + high jumps and FAST falling speed. The pillar is one of Falco's most important combos and is yet another reason he's so high on the tier list. So basically... you trade what makes Falco pwn anyone and anything on Final destenation, his best combo and overall speed against the possibility to edge-guard off-stage? Falco would probably suffer even more than Fox from floatiness.

3) Captain Falcon.

C.Falcon is so good for 2 reasons: He's sexy and he got golden nipples! He's insanely fast and he got insane combo-potentional. Take that away, and he'll become useless. His recovery is so easily edge-guarded that C.Falcon usually is screwed once off-stage anyways. So floatiness wouldn't help his recovery all that much, really. Floatieness would just ruin everything C.Falcon stands for.

Floaties:

1) Peach.

Peach got one of the best recoveries in the game. The thing is... it would still be great even if she was a fast-faller. Peach is one of the characters who doesn't suffer too much from floatiness when it comes to speed and combos, though... because of her "float-cancel". Peach is well fit for being a floatie... but she wouldn't really suffer too much from fast-falling either as that would prevent her from being easily upward-KOed, which probably is Peach's biggest weakness.

2) Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff would actually suffer from fast falling. Simply because Jigglypuff is the most aerial character in the game and is supposed to spend 98% of her time in the air. Fast Falling would make Jiggly drop a lot on the tier list.

3) Kirby.

Since Kirby is one of my least played characters, I can't say much about possible advantage and dissadvantage. But I'm pretty sure Kirby wouldn't drop too much. In fact, the possible advantages would probably weight up the dissadvantages enough to atleast make Kirby stay in the same tier. (yes, Kirby and Jiggly are THAT different).

4) Mewtwo.

The faster he would fall, the higher he would raise (in the tier list). Mewtwo got awful combo potentional compared to just about every other character in the game... except for Pichu and Bowser, of course. And he's just soooooooo easy to upward-KO. However... with fast falling, chaining his aerials would be pice of cake. Mewtwo's aerials are, along with his grab>Throws, his best moves. But since Mewtwo is such a weird floatie, his jumps are just too slow to make it possible for him to use them really effectively. THIS is the main reason fast falling would make Mewtwo so much better. And Mewtwo's recovery is so good that it would still rock, even if he was a fast-faller. Seriously... if you think about it, Mewtwo's moveset is meant for a fast-faller, not a floatie.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I know that Sonic might be in the game.:) I hope they put Aeris.:)

Northcrest
07-20-2006, 06:56 PM
I can't wait 2 use Meta Knight and Snake they look so awesome. Plus the new level up skills are so freakin awesome.:hyper: I also heard a rumor about Sonic, Cloud, and Tifa might be in the game.:choc2:

KentaRawr!
07-20-2006, 07:00 PM
^I highly doubt Tifa would be in SSBB. :p

A new character I want though... is a Koopa Troopa. Seriously. We have a Yoshi, but why no love for the Koopa Troopa?

Rase
07-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't mind it if they included this guy (http://conanforpresident.ytmnd.com/). Looks like the controls are already suited for him.

KentaRawr!
07-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Rase, that's interesting, but where's the Sensor Bar? OMG fake!

ljkkjlcm9
07-21-2006, 03:22 AM
I want Lolo and Lala in this game as a duo like the ice climbers. I mean c'mon they had 3 games on the NES! And they were hard man!

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
07-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I hope they put Aeris.:)There's about a 0,00000000001% chanse that that will ever happen.

...so, no. Aeris won't be in Brawl.

KaintheDragoon80
07-24-2006, 04:59 AM
That would be great if Young Link could do a transformation move like Zelda, but whip out the almighty master sword and transform into older Link.
That would eliminate a character and give Link some variety.
:]

Elite Lord Sigma
07-24-2006, 08:32 AM
That would be great if Young Link could do a transformation move like Zelda, but whip out the almighty master sword and transform into older Link.
That would eliminate a character and give Link some variety.
:]
Replace "Master Sword" with "Fierce Deity's Mask", and nullify the eliminate the character part. You've got it golden, then.

I really think it would be a stupid idea to kick anybody out for Brawl (even Pichu, even though he isn't the worst character on tiers anymore). I came up with a 50-character list, and it looked like this:

Mario Series
1. Mario (but can change to Dr. Mario with costume change)
2. Peach
3. Luigi
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi (I consider him part of the Mario franchise, if somebody else from his games show up I'll change this.)

Legend of Zelda Series
6. Link
7. Young Link
8. Zelda
9. Shiek
10. Ganondorf
11. Vaati

Pokémon Series
12. Pikachu
13. Jigglypuff
14. Mewtwo
15. Pichu