PDA

View Full Version : HDTV for the PS3 in November

BlackWaltz
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Im super hyped over the ps3 in november and i cant wait to get it. Yes its pricey but i wasnt expecting any less. I will be buying mine on launch and i will most probably get myself a hdtv at the end of this year. Does anyone know much about them? i wanted to spend between £500-£1000 mark.

Apparently the ps3 projects resoloutions of 1080p or something? how much would a hdtv be that displays those kind of resoloutions?

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Im super hyped over the ps3 in november and i cant wait to get it. Yes its pricey but i wasnt expecting any less. I will be buying mine on launch and i will most probably get myself a hdtv at the end of this year. Does anyone know much about them? i wanted to spend between £500-£1000 mark.

Apparently the ps3 projects resoloutions of 1080p or something? how much would a hdtv be that displays those kind of resoloutions?

Awesome! just like me, I'll be getting the PS3 no matter what they say.

HDTV's here in the U.S. cost between $700-$3,000(720p/1080i resolution). HDTV's with 1080p are RARE and cost $3,000+...so you're better off with a 720p/1080i HDTV.

Don't know how you translate U.S. dollars into Euros...but you can figure it out.

Shoden
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
that's about £1800. Everything here isn't "holy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif that's alot", just all the big robot, techy stuff. This is one of them.

Can;t you people see the truth? the new generation consoles have mind screwing waves that make you into zombies the more you play! IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!

Mirage
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
You'll have to get the most pricey version to be able to enjoy HD movies though.

Yamaneko
05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
You'll have to get the most pricey version to be able to enjoy HD movies though.
No, you won't. Did anyone even read my post in the other PS3 price thread?

I have a 27" Samsung that supports 720p/1080i which I got from Circuit City for $400. A good TV that supports 1080p will be over $2500. It also has a lot to do whether or not it's widescreen and/or an LCD display.

dirkdirden
05-11-2006, 06:20 PM
HDTV is the awsome. I got a 72" dlp with 1080p. Its really cool but not worth the money. 5000 bucks for a tv is a bit pricey.

I wonder it the Blue Ray disk are going to inhance the quaility of HD. People say that it wont change the quality but what people say isn't always the truth.

I'm not going to buy the PS3 untill the first price drop ussually a year or so after it's first released.

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
HDTV is the awsome. I got a 72" dlp with 1080p. Its really cool but not worth the money. 5000 bucks for a tv is a bit pricey.

I wonder it the Blue Ray disk are going to inhance the quaility of HD. People say that it wont change the quality but what people say isn't always the truth.

I'm not going to buy the PS3 untill the first price drop ussually a year or so after it's first released.

Waiting 'till 2007 is insane :eek:

and yes, blu-ray discs SHOULD enhance the quality, people say it won't, but just you wait and see.

Cid
05-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I have a 42 inch 720p/1080i projection that cost me about 1200 two years ago.

Croyles
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
WELL I HAVE A TV THAT COST ME 10 POUNDS SO I BEAT ALL OF YOU!
The sound doesnt work so i hooked my speakers up to it. :P

Samuraid
05-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Blu-ray allows a much higher data capacity and data rate required for an HD video stream. You could theoretically put an HD quality video on a DVD disc, but it likely exceed the maximum data rate defined by the DVD standard.

In that manner, Blu-ray will expand the limits of video quality able to be delivered.

DeathKnight
05-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Blu-ray allows a much higher data capacity and data rate required for an HD video stream. You could theoretically put an HD quality video on a DVD disc, but it likely exceed the maximum data rate defined by the DVD standard.

In that manner, Blu-ray will expand the limits of video quality able to be delivered.

Samuraid saves the day!:meditate:

I knew the BIG amount of memory blu-ray discs hold shoul've had an impact on the video quality, I just didn't know how to say it:D Anyway, SONY's the best, Toshiba and Microsoft can go to hell:D

BlackWaltz
05-12-2006, 06:04 PM
how much will the price drops will be by november? I just want to get a nice sized tv thats going to get the most out of my ps3 for less then £1000. At the end of the day the price is worth it to me since im always going to use it gaming and watchin hdtv and blu-ray films etc