PDA

View Full Version : WASPS... ARRGGG

Angel Heart
05-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I saw a wasp from the first time this year this morning, and got stung by it. :cry: . I was half asleep and i felt it crawling above my mouth, i went to flick it away and it stung me. I've had a swollen top lip all day :( . It's only the second time i can remember being stung by one.

Tell us when you were stung by a wasp or bee, and do you kill them? i don't usally, but i might start doing now though. :mad:

~SapphireStar~
05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Never been stung by either *touch wood* but Im scared of them. Always have been. Its annoying cause we live on the top floor and when everyone has their heating on below us we feel it. So we go to open the windows, but we cant cause there is a huge wasp nest on the roof. Damm I hate them.

smittenkitten
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I use to love saying. "Ive never been stung by a wasp." :) Until I went on a rollercoaster and I felt somethingcrawling up my top. :eek: Lifted my top up and seen this wasp just casually sting me. I think I have an allergy or something, I went all dizzy so my big cousin carried me all the way to First Aid. :love:

Chris
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I've been stung many times before, but I've never killed any bees or wasps. *Lies*

Loony BoB
05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
It stung me on my hip while I was in the bathroom and I didn't have any vinegar and it was past closing time at the shops so I couldn't get any and it was really really sore and it was on the side that I was used to sleeping on and now I can't walk around the house even half-naked during the summer without being incredibly wary of them and the first time I see one this summer, I'm sure I'm going to be all "ARGH!" and put on some long sleeves and then I'm going to be really hot and sweaty all day dammit dammit dammit I hate wasps. :mad2: :(

Flying Mullet
05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I've been stung many times too. They don't bother me too much. Just the other day I found a small wasp nest being made on our fence while I was mowing the lawn. Deciding to show off what a bad-ass I am, I whipped out my kung-fu moves on the nest and kicked it down. There was only one wasp around the nest so I tried to kick it and squish it on the fence, but it was about five feet high so I missed and it wasn't too happy with me and chased me for a couple of seconds around the yard before going back to it's old nest spot. Repeat three or four times and I got bored and grabbed a garden spade and cut the sucker in half.

I guess my kung fu isn't as awesome as I thought. :(

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 04:08 PM
haha, it stung me on my left ear one time, ON THE TRAIN! how the hell did a wasp get in the damn TRAIN!?????????????????!!!! :irked:

But yeah, only be stung that one time...I think

KoShiatar
05-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought this thread was talking about White Anglo-Saxon Protestants.:eep:

~SapphireStar~
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
haha, it stung me on my left ear one time, ON THE TRAIN! how the hell did a wasp get in the damn TRAIN!?????????????????!!!!
The little buggers have their ways. If theres one on a train or bus near me, I move ASAP!

Flying Mullet
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I dunno, can they sting too?

Shaun
05-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Heh, a trip down memory lane...

I think I was seven. I was playing in the backgarden with this wooden fort and a load of toy soldiers. It was summer, so I may have been eating a lolly, or 'popsicle' to you Americans. Oh, wait. I think it was a bee. I can't entirely remember. I remember it landed on my thumb and I tried to crush the bastard with the same hand's first finger. Just before I managed to crush it, it stung me. So, I'm not sure whether it was a wasp or a bee because I crushed the fucker. Gotta love those gaming thumbs.

NeoCracker
05-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Why yes, yes they can.

NEver been stung by a wasp, but its very fun to take them out with Carborater cleaner, they drop like fly's when you spray em with that stuff.

Zeldy
05-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I sat on a Bee on Whirlpool in Camelot.

People thought I was screaming in excitement, I really wasn't.
It was a bumpy ride :(

DeathKnight
05-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I sat on a Bee on Whirlpool in Camelot.

People thought I was screaming in excitement, I really wasn't.
It was a bumpy ride :(

:chuckle:...................*no comment*.........well at least you crushed it...:exdee:

KoShiatar
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Never met one, so I couldn't tell.

FF_crazy
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
i've been stung so many times in the head legs arms knees all around the same time....stupid underground nests OH and at army cadet camp i got stung by one or two bee's cause we were in a bus windows down some branchs came in threw the windows two seconds later i get stung in the left shoulder atleast i think it was the left cant remember i thought the branch whipped me but then i look over and the bees or whatever were sittin on the window and i was like OH CRAP! it was purple for like three days....STUPID STINGING THINGS!

SiberianKiss
05-11-2006, 06:42 PM
When I was in thrid grade, a friend and I were playing on the railroad tracks behind my house, little knowing we were precariously close to a bee hive. We must have upset it, because there were tons of them from out of nowhere. My friend got stung once. Me? I got stung numerous times (at least twenty). By the time I got home, there were bees in my shoes.

I'm still terrified of them to this very day.

Shlup
05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
I was bit by a hornet when I was a wee one. On my knee.

It's Ashley's turn to tell the story of her and wasps and me laughing. I told it last time.

Epiphany
05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
When I was younger I used to walk around the yard barefoot and stuff all the time, and I stepped on bees a LOT. I stepped on one one day, ran in the house and put baking soda on it and made sure the stinger wasn't in it. It healed up and I went outside again, and I hadn't learned my lesson because I stepped on another one, in the exact same place on my foot. ;D

MJN SEIFER
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I was stung in the eye by a wasp when I was very young... Not an enjoyable situation...

Levian
05-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I've never been stung by a wasp/bee/hornet before. I consider myself lucky seeing as how I used to run around with a baseball bat hitting every wasp I saw when I was a kid. (I was trying to make them extinct.)

boris no no
05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a huge fear of wasps and bees so whenever I see one I scream and run aways
This approach has so far been good as I have only been stung once in my life

Yuna-Lenne
05-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I got stung by one once when I was about 4 and ever since I've had a great phobia of them. If I see one, my eyes follow it everywhere. I dare not take my eyes off it and if one comes to close...run away!! :eek:

Tempest
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I know I've been stung a few times. The only time I can remember being stung was on the school bus. I felt something crawling on my leg so I went to brush it away and the SOB stung me. Whenever I see them, I just run the other way. xD

Chloe.
05-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I have never been stung...luckily...but I know that one of these days I will :(....But whenever I see them I just run away. Like this one time at school I was in a lesson, we were doing a test then this wasp flies right next to me so i screamed and stood up then ran to the front of the classroom.....everyone was laughing at me...but I guess it was kind of funny :D.....

Old Manus
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Pussies.

Shiny
05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I saw a wasp from the first time this year this morning, and got stung by it. :cry: . I was half asleep and i felt it crawling above my mouth, i went to flick it away and it stung me. I've had a swollen top lip all day :( . It's only the second time i can remember being stung by one.

Tell us when you were stung by a wasp or bee, and do you kill them? i don't usally, but i might start doing now though. :mad:
Ouch, that sucks! But seriously, this the first time you've ever seen a wasp? Wow. I heard wasp are worse then bees, because they'll sting you no matter what. If you come to close to them they'll sting. If they come to close to you, then they'll sting. You can not win. :p It sucks and hurts like a mo' fo'. I was stung by one in the middle of my forehead. It lucked like an Indian dot. :laugh:

MJN SEIFER
05-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Pussies.

Is that where they stung you?

Old Manus
05-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes. :cry:

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I've been stung twice, once when I was about six or seven, the other when I was around eleven. When I see them, I keep my eyes on them, if they get too close, I shoo it away.

RSL
05-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I am terribly afraid of wasps.

I've only been stung by one once, and that was enough for me. I got stung in the neck!

Rase
05-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I've yet to be stung, and I laugh at all who have been. HA!

Also, am I the only one who saw this and thought of Venom?

Tempest
05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Also, am I the only one who saw this and thought of Venom?
No. xD

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Why was I such an easy target when I was young?

Bowser
05-12-2006, 01:05 AM
One time I got stung by a bee where there already was a sting. :(