PDA

View Full Version : Main Character?

Markus. D
05-09-2006, 11:48 PM
if theres not already a topic.

did we want to discuss the main character/s *shrugs*?

Behold the Void
05-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Not a whole lot of info on them as of yet.

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I like the fact that one of them is a girl. The other game also looks cool. I think it is called Versus? I think I saw a keyblade in one shot.

FallenAngel411
05-10-2006, 04:46 AM
I really thought the person in versus was a girl. Until I read a preview, which stated he was male. This whole extremely-girly-men thing is getting a bit ridiculous. I swear he has lipstick on :/

SiberianKiss
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
I really thought the person in versus was a girl. Until I read a preview, which stated he was male. This whole extremely-girly-men thing is getting a bit ridiculous. I swear he has lipstick on :/

Where did you read this interview?

If this is true, then I want to slap whoever designed the character and decided that it should be called a "male." Maybe this person has never seen an actual "male."

I'm pretty convinced that it's a woman, though. There's been some effeminate FF males before, but nothing this outlandish.

EDIT : Watched the trailer again. Positively a female. Men do not have breasts, I don't care how effeminate they are.

Miriel
05-10-2006, 08:34 AM
The girl looks just like Cloud. -_-

Markus. D
05-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I saw the hi res.

I wanna know what that blue aura around her means, like her sorta magical prowess I guess.

Larahl
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=FallenAngel411]Watched the trailer again. Positively a female. Men do not have breasts, I don't care how effeminate they are.
Where did you watch the Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer?

Croyles
05-10-2006, 12:58 PM
SiberianKiss is thinking of the normal FFXIII and not the Versus that everyone is talking about.

Larahl
05-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh, now that's explains it.

Nimbus
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I really like by the video's look, the way the girl is. Finally it looks like there is a girl character that is actually tough and not so ditzy.

Wondering what i mean? Look at most of the FF girls. They always have a crush on the main character. Finally there is a girl main character.

I know you probably thinking "this guys an idiot" well maybe your right, and maybe your not. FFX-2 does not count considering it's a sequal to X where the main character was a male. FFX-2 also had paine has the suppose tough girl, when you actually play through the game all 3 girls are so girly and ditzy.

My point is, that in XIII it acutally looks like this girl can whoop some butt, and doesn't look like she is gonna be so ditzy.

What you guys think?

Merged the two threads about main characters. Carry on. - Miriel

Cloudane
05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
I think there will be a guy (or two?) with a crush on the main character :D

Or going by how the series is going at the moment (*cough*Vaan/FF12), she's probably off to rescue her prince who's sat whimpering like a little girl in a dungeon somewhere because he broke a nail. *shudder* I hope not - it looks a lot more badass than that so far.

LunarWeaver
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Hmm... So many people seem to hate Vaan. He looks like a really hot 17 year old that would have gone to my high school to me... O_O

I know what you mean. I also hope this lady is the leading character and that she's different from what we've seen in the past. We do have lots of different personalities... From Lulu's icey cool to Aeris's save everybody syndrome, but I wouldn't really bestow the title of "badassness" on either one... In the action sense anyway.

When I first saw Yuna slinging guns I was happy, but she was just another pop singer underneath it all... So hopefully this lady doesn't feel the need to break into song XD.

Carmilla
05-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Its funny. In shots in Advent Children i couldve sworn Cloud was a girl.
I THOUGHT the main character of Magna Carte was a girl.
And the first time i saw that 'girls' pics from FF XIII i thought she was a he.

Argh, these crazy Asian game designers are confusing me. :mog:

SiberianKiss
05-12-2006, 04:43 AM
SiberianKiss is thinking of the normal FFXIII and not the Versus that everyone is talking about.

Ha! Oh snap! Ooopsies. :confused:

Yeah, the Versus trailer, um, er.....that's a dude. :eyebrow:

Khaotic
05-12-2006, 06:18 AM
IMO he looks nothing like a girl, hes got friggin red eyes and looks like an "evil fayt" from SO:3 - hopefully we're talking about the same person.

Cloudane
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Meh, I'm too confused with all the different 'versions' of FFXIII now. Why can't they just have one game per instalment instead of all his "milk the hell out of it" syndrome. Yes 7:AC and DC were great ideas, but they really are taking the mick now.

crazybayman
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
anyone got a link to the ffxiii versus trailer?

Croyles
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
there is no FFXIII versus trailer i think. Only screenshots.

crazybayman
05-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, the Versus trailer, um, er.....that's a dude. :eyebrow:

I thought it was funny I couldn't find one. So why are people talking about the "FF Versus XIII Trailer" when there's only screenshots?

DeathKnight
05-12-2006, 04:47 PM
IMO he looks nothing like a girl, hes got friggin red eyes and looks like an "evil fayt" from SO:3 - hopefully we're talking about the same person.

He DOES like like a girl :bleh:. Look at his hair and the SHAPE of his face, nasty girly men make me sick.

Auron, Wakka, Zell, Amarant, Kihmari, THOSE are young men/men

+syou+
05-13-2006, 02:48 AM

i thought that too when i saw the trailler xD

well the character in Versus ...i think he's hot :eek:

Dr.M
05-13-2006, 02:46 PM
i really wanna c some1 really hardcore, u no, like something complety different but not breaking away completly from the ff charm. and not ending up with the lead guy or being little miss save the world, haha thats like the whole idea, I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. but like something where they've never gone b4 in female characters.

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
:eek: Dr.M, we get your point, damn *points to his/her triple posting* And yes I'd like to see a tough male character.

Dr.M
05-13-2006, 03:31 PM
sorry, sorry, sorry. i didn't mean 4 that 2 happen. my comps running slow and i thought it wasn't working.lol, and i was talking about a stronge FEMALE character.

Hayabusa
05-13-2006, 03:58 PM

What's wrong with being Pretty?

Hmm... So many people seem to hate Vaan.

Well.....in The trailer the show all these BAMF characters- and dude with awesome armor screaming "Why do you hate me?" or something - and then like, "A traitor" "A master of weapons" _ Then this skinny, way to short wearing vest boy who hasn't hit purbity yet is like..."HEYyyyyyyyyyyy guysssssss I want to be a pirate" - Guybrush Threepwood sounded cooler saying that.

Khaotic
05-13-2006, 04:11 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/reviews/932981_20060508_screen002.jpg

if you think or thought it was a girl I don't know what to say <_<

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 04:56 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/reviews/932981_20060508_screen002.jpg

if you think or thought it was a girl I don't know what to say <_<

Emo!!!! :chuckle:

what should we play for him? a H.I.M song????

his face STILL looks like a girl's

crono_logical
05-13-2006, 05:14 PM
The person in that image looks nothing like a girl to me :p

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 05:22 PM

because of all the swords and stuff he has around him, if NOT! total girl:D

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar8417_12.gif

He even has LIPSTICK! *points to pic*

crono_logical
05-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't see any lipstick :p Might just be his skin is ridiculously pale :p The body shape doesn't look like a woman's either - nothing to do with the swords as you get female sword wielders :p

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't see any lipstick :p Might just be his skin is ridiculously pale :p The body shape doesn't look like a woman's either - nothing to do with the swords as you get female sword wielders :p

yeah but still.....his jaw looks like a girl's, and the shape of his head, it's just pathetically girly. *poings at icon and at Auron* THAT's how men/guys look.

crono_logical
05-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Not younger guys though :p I wouldn't say that guy is old in the picture :p

Khaotic
05-13-2006, 06:12 PM
He's just pale like clout said, you think he doesn't look like a guy because of the swords? The hell? you see his forearms? That would be a pretty nasty girl if you asked me =x and also his clothes, for once we don't have a half naked guy like Albel or kuja - this guy actually has black baggy clothes, and his body is covered up in the right places, revealing his "muscles" in his forearms though, his clothes also look guyish, not girlish.

Heres the big picture, his lips are simply pale white, and everyone his a pinkish red color lip, thats the natural lip color.

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/reviews/932981_20060508_screen001.jpg

Fynn
05-14-2006, 02:52 PM
He reminds me of that horrid Tokio Hotel Bill kid *shrugs*

DeathKnight
05-14-2006, 03:30 PM
his face still looks like a girl's. and to cl_out, 12-14 year old guys may have a girly jaw and face, but not THAT much, sheesh, I looked like the guy in my avatar when I was 13 or so. But I give up, I REALLY do hope he's not the main character, nor the main villain or else I'll have to pass over this game 'till a MUCH later time. :barf:

LunarWeaver
05-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe I've just played too many RPGs and watched too much anime, but I think somewhere I adopted the Japanese standard for a male and dropped ours. Coz I really don't think any of these guys (this fellow, Vaan, Kadaj) look like women at all. I don't really see it that way I guess.

marc
05-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Hes a man, in no way would I ever get him confused for a woman.

Weirdos.

Luara
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
He's just pale like clout said, you think he doesn't look like a guy because of the swords? The hell? you see his forearms? That would be a pretty nasty girl if you asked me =x and also his clothes, for once we don't have a half naked guy like Albel or kuja - this guy actually has black baggy clothes, and his body is covered up in the right places, revealing his "muscles" in his forearms though, his clothes also look guyish, not girlish.

Heres the big picture, his lips are simply pale white, and everyone his a pinkish red color lip, thats the natural lip color.

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/reviews/932981_20060508_screen001.jpg
Its better if it was a "he"... :drool: :drool:
I hope... It has to be...
forget it, he is a he...

DeathKnight
05-15-2006, 01:26 AM

Weirdos.

Judging by your icon I know :chuckle: you HAD to say what you just said

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 01:35 AM

Weirdos.

Judging by your icon I know :chuckle: you HAD to say what you just said
He doesn't look like a girl in the slightest. His arms are rather ;arge for a female in a world Square makes. His face's bone structure also looks more like that of a man.

Relena
05-18-2006, 03:36 AM
I really like by the video's look, the way the girl is. Finally it looks like there is a girl character that is actually tough and not so ditzy.

Wondering what i mean? Look at most of the FF girls. They always have a crush on the main character. Finally there is a girl main character.

I know you probably thinking "this guys an idiot" well maybe your right, and maybe your not. FFX-2 does not count considering it's a sequal to X where the main character was a male. FFX-2 also had paine has the suppose tough girl, when you actually play through the game all 3 girls are so girly and ditzy.

My point is, that in XIII it acutally looks like this girl can whoop some butt, and doesn't look like she is gonna be so ditzy.

What you guys think?

Merged the two threads about main characters. Carry on. - Miriel
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?y2=1&id=10420&type=wmv
It think she'll be cool by the looks of this.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Are you guys talking about the person in that link? oh that's definitely a girl. There's a scan on the eyesonff news that mentions FFVI and Terra, so they must be commenting that she's female. I'm ready to be open minded and see if I'll like this girl better than Terra.

+syou+
06-13-2006, 04:46 AM
Its better if it was a "he"...
forget it, he is a he...

it is a he :D

Lawr
06-13-2006, 05:07 AM
The first screenshot looks dead male.
The second screenshot looks like a straight up girly girl
unless you have some kind of asian man-she craving fetish disease.

It looks like that one purple haired main character from Ghost in the Shell.
Oh, I loved that show...

Btw there are going to be six different wathca-ma-goobers for Final Fantasy 13.
FTW!In-f****ing-credible. I know a couple...

Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-Agito
Final Fantasy 13-Versus

[Edit]

Final Fantasy 13-Haeresis (Not completely confirmed)
Fabula Nova Crystalis Final Fantasy 13

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 11:53 AM

wow, I thought that too, but when I tell my friends they think I'm weird

drunkymonkey
07-01-2006, 01:29 PM

Its better if it was a "he"... :drool: :drool:
forget it, he is a he...He's going to get all the chicks when he writes a poem.

No.78
07-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I can't see how he looks female in any way.

drunkymonkey
07-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I actually think he looks kinda kick-ass.

Moon Rabbits
07-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I actually think he looks kinda kick-ass.

Shiny
07-02-2006, 02:02 AM

cloud20747
07-03-2006, 05:51 AM

wow, I thought that too, but when I tell my friends they think I'm weird

I knew I wasn't the only one

feona17
07-03-2006, 06:16 AM
If there is a love story in this one, I don't really care. I'm quite the hopeless romantic myself, just as long as there is some gore and action equally.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Ok, see the person in feonal's sig[before she changed it]? That's supposed to be a girl, right? FFVersusXIII I heard was definitely a guy, and he does look like one, albeit going with the Kuja take on being a guy.

Marly
07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
He doesn't look like a girl. His face is feminine, but how can you mistake him for a girl?

Fatal Impurity
07-11-2006, 03:56 PM
FF13 looks cool....but i gotta admit they really are milking every penny outta FF now.....as always i blame ENIX and i also blame bad past experiences with not advertising enough......

Dr.M
07-30-2006, 01:15 PM
i rekon he's incredbly sexy! i love him!

Aurons_Desciple
08-02-2006, 04:17 AM
I think he looks awesome, i like the darker characters. After the horrible happiness in X-2 i'm looking forward to seeing more of this character

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think the Aqua Hair Person in Versus is a guy.
It's a girl.
(Why else would the title be a woman?)

Anyway, let's hope the main characters are not just one sex. (Girl or Guy).
Because that game will be most likely be favorite to that sex. Not saying that you won't enjoy that but the battle system will be personalised for that. (Exemple FFX-2, Dress Spheres...
''Oh yeah, I'm sooo going to wear a dress, makes me looook soooo gooood.... another hour of talking...'' My ex..)
That

Anyway, make it simple, Half of the group are girls, and the other Half are men.
Beast not included.

And make it so everyone will enjoy.

No more wars on: My FF is better than yours!
Kids...

It'll still have the ATB and it'll have more Vertical Standpoint.
Or so it seems to say in the magazine.
Hopefully, it'll be seperate stories..

Hiraku
08-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I thought it has been confirmed that neither of the FFXIII would be directly related to each other except for sharing the same theme.

And when I first see that guy's picture, I thought that was one of the silver hair man from FFVII AC, not girlish at all. I mean, there's a sort of fierceness in him that you can see...

right?

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 04:01 AM
I think that the girl in the Final Fantasy XIII trailer looked like a mix between Yuna and Ashe

King-Killer
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I thought it has been confirmed that neither of the FFXIII would be directly related to each other except for sharing the same theme.

And when I first see that guy's picture, I thought that was one of the silver hair man from FFVII AC, not girlish at all. I mean, there's a sort of fierceness in him that you can see...

right?

True...

But the logo I was talking about was the Versus Logo:
Seen Here (http://www.hellandheavennet.com/image.php?image=ff13/logos/3.jpg).

And the last character ''on the market'' that was created was Paine.
Not my kind of woman at all...
More than that..
What WERE they thinking?
Maybe it was just a trial-run effort to see how people reacted
(Fujin was grey hair too, but the only thing I like about her was no meaningless long discussions. And kick Raijin...)

In any case, this isn't about Paine...

They should have at least 6 characters. (Half of them are guys, Half are woman, maybe add one 'It', but I prefer to stick with Humans.)

I just hope that ALL character levels up with the characters you are currently using, not the ''I have to train them all seperatly and take 40+ hours to get it done''.

Vaincast
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
*sigh*:rolleyes2 if your really desprate to know the girl's name is Lightining as ou can see in this pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/JiangWei23/Final%20Fantasy%20XIII/928790_20060508_screen002.jpg
See at the bottom there's a name "Lightning" in that yellow color next to it might be her HPs

I'm not completly sure the man's name in FFXIII Versus but there's a pic we didn't see but its just the face:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/Darshari/Final%20Fantasy%20XIII/Versus1.jpg
And there's one in his throne chair:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/Darshari/Final%20Fantasy%20XIII/Versus.jpg

Dynast-Kid
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't assume that her name is Lightning just because it says so on the screen.For all we know,that could just be the name of an attack she is about to perform.

Until Square-Enix actually confirms her name...We're pretty much in the dark,drowning in a sea of fan-speculation...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, blue haired person is a guy.

Mercen-X
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM

Where did you read this interview?

EDIT: Watched the trailer again. Positively a female. Men do not have breasts, I don't care how effeminate they are. Are you talking about the same game. VERSUS is an entirely different game which stars a PRINCE. . . A PRINCE!!!!!

Although I did think Yazoo looked kinda girlish.

feona17
08-15-2006, 04:18 AM
I think that the girl in the Final Fantasy XIII trailer looked like a mix between Yuna and Ashe

:p More like Yuna and Cloud.

Dynast-Kid
08-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Hmmm...I couldn't really see any of the Cloud.The clothes and hair look similiar to Ashe and Yuna IMO.

No.78
08-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Ew, they wouldn't call her lightening, that's so obviously the spell she's about to use/using/used, or the element of the ability or something like that.
Lightening... I really can't see that being her name, seriously I'd bet all my money.

EDIT: The player might have NAMED her Lightning!

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok i am REALLY uninformed about this game so please tell me; whats with Final Fantasy XIII and Verses? What are they? Are they the smae game or a sequal???

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Versus and Agito are sort of spin-offs that take place in the same universe but I think in totally different time periods.

Hyperion4444
08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Same 'Universe', but not the same 'world' you play in (Hope not... like FFX&FFX-2), not same time period.

Crimson
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
hey guys ive seen the trailer for FFXIII and is there a trailer for FFXIII versus :confused:

Aurons_Desciple
08-18-2006, 11:37 PM
nah not yet

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I hope we get to see what characters they have in store for us.
Maybe a wallpaper or two would be nice.

Vaincast
08-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Don't assume that her name is Lightning just because it says so on the screen.For all we know,that could just be the name of an attack she is about to perform.

Until Square-Enix actually confirms her name...We're pretty much in the dark,drowning in a sea of fan-speculation...
No, her attack power is (if you see carefullly in those blue looking thingys) it says fire, so I'm pretty sure her name is Lightning. Also said in WiKi but for those who don't beleive in WiKi then the pic explains all

Hyperion4444
08-23-2006, 06:01 PM
This should be in the game for all characters...

Enter Hero Name: __________

Hopefully, there won't just be one main character. (You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.)

There has been a release of a FFXIII Versus trailer(Or so I've read on the internet...), unfortunatly, it's only for reviewers.

And Lightning is the name of the Climax... (Many types of Climax, this one is Lightning Speed.)
Normally, your name is right beside your health bar, sorry...
Although, if it were a spell, wouldn't it be Thunder??
In this case, it's not a spell. (Fire is a spell ''the fire ball she throws just after her runaway'')

No.78
08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.

...What?

Vaincast
08-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Hopefully, there won't just be one main character. (You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.)

There has been a release of a FFXIII Versus trailer(Or so I've read on the internet...), unfortunatly, it's only for reviewers.

And Lightning is the name of the Climax... (Many types of Climax, this one is Lightning Speed.)
In this case, it's not a spell. (Fire is a spell ''the fire ball she throws just after her runaway'')

:confused: umm...wait...who's right?

Aurons_Desciple
08-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't think they would call her 'Thunder', maybe the Japanese version for thunder.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey I just noticed something. Why is the game in English?

Aurons_Desciple
08-24-2006, 12:15 AM
When i 1st saw the trailer i was like "wtf!? why it in english" aswell

Vyk
08-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Too many FFXIIIs. The chick from the trailer looks awesome though. But yeah, she's deffinitely doing lightning attacks. I don't think its her name. Before she blows up a ton of people you can see a bunch of lightning. So I'm guessing she's using both lightning and fire in some way. Which is why they're both shown in that screencap. As for the dude in Versus. Deffinitely dude. Deffinitely femenine. As per Japanese cliche. Doesn't really surprise me. It does make him look more emo and less badass though. He's like a dark haired whiney brat with too much power. But we'll see how it's actually pulled off

Hyperion4444
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM

:confused: umm...wait...who's right?

Sorry for the confusion.

Some People said that Lightning was her spell, but the Thunder spell is Thunder, this attack she uses is a Strike (as seen or your screen)
You see, the name Lightning is the name of the ''Strike'' that changes the climax for normal to Lightning Speed.

The name Lightning is the name of the Climax.

But hell, I didn't play the game yet, and I could be totally wrong on this.
If that's the case, my most profond sincere appologies to you.

(If you very closely, you will see the selected spell is fire, under that is Blizzard, and then there's the spell Thunder, a bit hard to see.)

As I was saying, I hope they show us the other characters.

And By the Way, I don't hate Tidus. He's almost always in my party, it just when you are training the other characters and there's someone at level 100 that you can't change, it because a hassel a bit since you can only train 2 more.
And to continue with that, I said ''if you don't like him/her'', not ''if I don't like him/her''. Ok?

As for the climax, I think there may be more of them...
like ex: Inferno or Flames, boost the damage inflicted on enemies.
Artic or Blizzard, freezes your opponents.
ect.

But, they only said about what you saw in the trailler, so again, I can't be sure about this.
Square-Enix sure do know how to build anticipations!

King-Killer
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
The, enter hero name, is going to be hard to do.
When you think that they must do voice over for the names.
I know it be great.
But it may end up like Tidus.

''Tidus!''
replaced by:
''Hey, Kid!''

Female version of Cloud...
Wait, there was a male version of him???

:lol: I'm just joking! I'm just saying that 'that' girl looks nothing like Cloud. Cloud starts off as insensitive snob who cares nothing else beside cash. Ends up wanting to save the world...
Q: Did he succeeded?
A: Did the meteor Fell?
I don't hate Cloud, I just think he's highly overated... is all.