PDA

View Full Version : Nintindo ----- Sony ------ Final Fantasy

dirkdirden
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok the final Fantasy's are beeing released for both sony and Nintindo. But how come the same games aren't on both systems. Like why aren't all the ff remakes going on both PSP and DS. and why isn't FFXII going on the WII.

I like that they are going to both systems, but in order to get all the FF games I need to buy both systems becuase each FF game only gets released on one system.

Or Maybe they only make FF's for the good systems. Which I why for Hand held they are going DS and not PSP, and for Console they are going mainly sony and not too much Nintindo.

Hard questions to answer but if any of you know inlighten me with your knowledge.

Dreddz
05-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I dont care, the PS3 is the only system getting the decent ones......

MecaKane
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
They're released on different systems so people with only one of the systems can still give them money. And if they really like the games they end up giving sony and/or nintendo more money and everyone's happy.

Raistlin
05-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Sony still has a lock on the new FFs. And I doubt that will change anytime soon.

theundeadhero
05-11-2006, 07:47 PM
It wouldn't make sense buisness wise to release the remake of a game on multiple handhelds at the same time. People are going to buy it no matter what system it comes out on, so stick with the most popular and you'll make the most profits.

dirkdirden
05-11-2006, 09:18 PM
what if Xbox becomes the most popular system.....its a big what if. But if Xbox gains like 70% of the market are they going to release Final Fantasys on XBOX. makeing a game on two systems doesn't cost hardly anything, its like coverting a VB.net game into a C# game, just change the syntax. So haveing games on multipule systems will produce more money. Just look at the sports games all systems all the same game TONS OF REVENUE.

I think there more to it than just going to the most popular system. I think that the systems Pay Square soft to make games for them, and they pay extra for exclusive titles.

With that in mind I think that if Xbox really wanted to they could Pay Squaresoft to STOP makeing games for all systems but XBOX. Then Final Fantasy will be an XBOX exclusive. For example Blue Dragon which is comeing out for 360, that has a TON of sony developers working on it. Level 5 are the main ones, they did Dragon Quest 8 and Dark Cloud 2. Why would they go to XBOX 360 with blue Dragon and not Sony?

Carmilla
05-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Nintendo is getting FF but not the main series. They are getting the 'side story' type game Crystal Chronicles... and you could hradly call that a blockbuster move.

Same with Dragon Quest going to Nintendo. Its another 'side story' type game while i bet you $1 that Dragon Quest IX will go to the PS3.

FF will never ever ever ever go to Microsoft. Japan is FF's largest market and the Japanese hate hate HATE the Xbox.

Just check out these hardware sales stats in Japan from January-April 2006:

1. DS Lite: (996,546)
2. DS: (746,935)
3. PSP: (641,721)
4. PS2: (529,979)
5. GBA SP: (111,858)
6. GBM: (81,058)
7. Gamecube: (44,755)
8. Xbox 360: (41,278)
9. GBA: (2,454)
10. Xbox: (1,373)

The DS outsold the PSP 1,700,000 to 600,000.
And the Gamecube... the friggin GAMECUBE outsold the Xbox 360. :p

Rase
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
what if Xbox becomes the most popular system.....its a big what if. But if Xbox gains like 70% of the market are they going to release Final Fantasys on XBOX.
If Microsoft really controlled that much of the market, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As for the main questions, I agree with MecaKane. After all they are in this to make money, so it make sense.

Zeromus_X
05-12-2006, 02:14 AM
They release the games on which system is the most appropriate, and to rake in the cash of course. :cat:

dirkdirden
05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Nintendo is getting FF but not the main series. They are getting the 'side story' type game Crystal Chronicles... and you could hradly call that a blockbuster move.

Same with Dragon Quest going to Nintendo. Its another 'side story' type game while i bet you $1 that Dragon Quest IX will go to the PS3.

FF will never ever ever ever go to Microsoft. Japan is FF's largest market and the Japanese hate hate HATE the Xbox.

Just check out these hardware sales stats in Japan from January-April 2006:

1. DS Lite: (996,546)
2. DS: (746,935)
3. PSP: (641,721)
4. PS2: (529,979)
5. GBA SP: (111,858)
6. GBM: (81,058)
7. Gamecube: (44,755)
8. Xbox 360: (41,278)
9. GBA: (2,454)
10. Xbox: (1,373)

The DS outsold the PSP 1,700,000 to 600,000.
And the Gamecube... the friggin GAMECUBE outsold the Xbox 360. :p

They are getting Final Fantasy 6 which will sell like hot cakes.

and I wasn't talking about Dragon quest.....I was talking about the devlopers who maid dragon quest. They are makeing a game on XBOX 360 as we speak.

I think that the only reason that Final Fantasy is on PS3 and not XBOX 360 is that sony is paying Square soft for exclusive rights the Final Fantasy Series, and if XBOX said we want Final Fantasy and offered Square more money they just might Take the offer, and you can't say that Square wont work with XBOX 360, becuase they kind of already are if you read the article below.

Read the article below for more information on Blue dragon.....The information is out of date but still says what you need to know.

"
May 2, 2005 - And just like that, the E3 rush of official Xbox 360 news begins, surprisingly from across the Pacific. The latest issue of Shonen Jump features the first word on Blue Dragon, a Japanese-developed Xbox 360 RPG. This title is one of the two being developed by Mistwalker, a game studio founded by Final Fantasy father Hironobu Sakaguchi.

While the magazine does not show any screenshots of Blue Dragon, it does share a few bits of artwork and character details. Three characters are introduced in the magazine: Jiro, a smart boy who like to plan things in advance, Kurukku, a young lady who has a bit of adult in her, and Shu, a young boy who loves to adventure. The game's storyline is a secret, but it seems to center on Shu, the main character, and his relationship with a blue, fire-breathing dragon, who seems to form his shadow!
The characters featured in Blue Dragon will remind some of Dragon Quest, and with good reason. Confirming recent rumors on the matter, it turns out that the game's character designer is none other than Akira Toriyama. Best known for his work on Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest, Toriyama comments that he's lucky to be working on such a good game as Blue Dragon.

Exciting words from Toriyama, and certainly a good sign for the Xbox 360 in Japan. With Sakaguchi and Toriyama working on the system, the Xbox 360 now has a game being developed by key staff members of Japan's two biggest series, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Also worth noting is that Blue Dragon has been announced in Jump, Japan's most popular comic magazine and the usual launching point for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Naruto games. We don't recall having ever seen the word "Xbox" in the magazine before.

"

Another article about "SONY's" game developers going to XBOX.

"

Xbox 360 RPGs in Japan
Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and a new title by tri-Ace.
by IGN Staff
April 5, 2006 - At the Xbox 360 Media Briefing in Tokyo today, role playing games were far from forgotten. Two titles that have been surrounded in buzz are Mistwalker's Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Mistwalker president Hironobu Sakaguchi took the stage today to offer details on the games' progress.

Blue Dragon is still scheduled to ship at the end of 2006, Sakaguchi announced. In fact, Sakaguchi mentioned that following the press conference, he'd have to rush to a recording session for the game's voice overs.
Lost Odyssey is trailing a bit and will come out in 2007. The latter title will debut first via a twenty minute demo released this summer on DVD; it's unclear if the demo will include gameplay, or if it will be pure video.

Short trailers were shown from each game at the event. Sadly, the footage for each game was pure CG and lasted for less than 30 seconds.

Tri-Ace then took the stage to announce they're working on a new game with Microsoft Game Studios. Directed by the makers of Star Ocean, this unnamed title will be heavily focued on real-time elements. According to Tri-Ace, it will be their best title yet. Sadly, no further details were provided.
"

Rase
05-12-2006, 07:48 AM
and I wasn't talking about Dragon quest.....I was talking about the devlopers who maid dragon quest. They are makeing a game on XBOX 360 as we speak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dragon Quest (or at least the most recent one) was developed by Level 5 and produced by Square-Enix. The company developing games for the 360 is Mistwalker, a company founded by FF creator Hironobu Sakaguchi.

you can't say that Square wont work with XBOX 360, becuase they kind of already are if you read the article below.

Again, those games are being developed by Mistwalker, not Square-Enix. Granted, Mistwalker does have former Square alumni, but it's still a completely different company.

If Square announced that FFXIII was suddenly coming out on the 360 and they had hard proof to back it up, do you think that'd still be the case?

Microsoft made it clear, whether they wanted to or not, that they cared very little about the Japanese market with the original Xbox. Now they seem to be trying to make amends, and it just may work out for them in the long run. What I'm saying is, Microsoft realizes what a lucrative market Japan is, and they'll do thier best to try and get them the games they want.

Carmilla
05-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Good points.

I didnt know about those Mistwalker games. So while they may sound good now, no one knows how good they will actually be or how much it will sell.

And about FF XIII being 'announced' for the Xbox...
Myself, that would be reason enough to switch from a PS3 to a 360. :cool:

DeathKnight
05-12-2006, 04:58 PM
What I don't get 'bout SE is that they make FF games for Nintendo but why don't they make a REAL FF game for Nintendo. I don't want FFXIII on the Wii, but I do want a similar game, not a FF with no REAL story*cough* crystal chronicles.

Elpizo
05-12-2006, 07:30 PM
What I don't get 'bout SE is that they make FF games for Nintendo but why don't they make a REAL FF game for Nintendo. I don't want FFXIII on the Wii, but I do want a similar game, not a FF with no REAL story*cough* crystal chronicles.
Not real FF games? then, may I ask, what are FF I and II DoS, IV, V and VI advance, III DS? Agreed, they are not on the Wii, but they are on consoles of Nintendo.

Granted though, those are all, save III, simple ports... But they are still real FF games, no?

DJZen
05-12-2006, 08:59 PM

Wait... You want a real game for the Wii just so long as it's not a Wii game? What? I'm lost.

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Wait... You want a real game for the Wii just so long as it's not a Wii game? What? I'm lost.

He's saying he doesn't want FF XIII to be released for the Wii, but a FF game similar to XIII to be released for the Wii instead of FFCC

DJZen
05-13-2006, 12:57 AM
...Like another FFXIII spinoff?

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 02:13 AM

He's saying he doesn't want FF XIII to be released for the Wii, but a FF game similar to XIII to be released for the Wii instead of FFCC

No spinoff crap, I want a FF game for Wii that can stand up to FFVIII, X, X-2, etc. But that doesn't follow the roman numerals.

example:

FF:Waves Of Time

PS:FF:CC is awesome and will be more awesome online(wi-fi) but it needs a story, CGs, and 60+hours of gameplay :irked: