PDA

View Full Version : Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

nirojan
05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS

http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/fabula/img/img01_fabula.jpg

An all new project comprising of multiple titles spanning multiple systems including the PLAYSTATION®3 system and mobile phones

This latest project in the multi-platinum FINAL FANTASY series will encompass the simultaneous development of original titles for numerous platforms including the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and mobile phones.

GO TO PAGE TWO ON THIS FORUM FOR SCAN PICTURES!

One myth, countless stories
FINAL FANTASY XIII

The New Tale of the Crystal
Like the light that shines through the Crystal,
the universe shines with multi-colored content.

To celebrate the 13th title in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, Square Enix has undertaken a colossal project involving the development of various content for multiple platforms.

FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS, defined in Latin as "the new tale of the crystal," is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. However, while each title in the project features different characters, different worlds, and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos.

P.S. All the names that are bolded and underlined after this are the games in the series! all info that follows these titles are ads and info for the game!

NEW FEATURES:
"Gravity
In a developer interview, Motomu Toriyama stated that the E3 Trailer shows what is known as the 'Gravity Bomb', known as the spell 'Gravity' in previous games. Presumably, it refers to the electrical energy field that surrounds the young woman shown in the trailer. It has some unique properties by allowing her to defy gravity, as well as allowing her to use it as a weapon.

Graphics
The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation.

Online Option
While players will still get to experience Final Fantasy XIII as an offline game, Yoshinori Kitase has stated in the developer interview that players will also get to play Final Fantasy XIII online as well"-wikipedia!

FF XIII

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg
http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/fabula/ff13/img/img01_ff13.jpg
This eagerly anticipated title takes full advantage of the PlayStation 3 system's advanced hardware, providing tangible, intuitive controls while delivering seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and stunning in-game cinematics. The latest in cutting-edge technology has been utilized in development of FINAL FANTASY XIII, thus making this newest addition to the FINAL FANTASY series worthy of the title "next generation."
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Gunbladehiq.jpg
New Gunblade!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Ff13_2.jpg
New battle system! now the battle is live!

*This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America

Key Development Staff
Director: Motomu Toriyama (FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY X-2)
Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Art director: Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY XII)
Main programmer: Kazumi Kobayashi (CHRONO TRIGGER, XENOGEARS, CHORONO CROSS, FINAL FANTASY XI)
Movie director: Eiji Fujii (FINAL FANTASY: The Spirits Within, FINAL FANTASY XII)
Main theme: Nobuo Uematsu, SMILE PLEASE Co., LTD. (FINAL FANTASY series)
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (FINAL FANTASY X, DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
Producer: Yoshinori Kitase (FINAL FANTASY series)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/56/Versus_logo.jpg/800px-Versus_logo.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ac/Ffvxiii.jpg/800px-Ffvxiii.jpg
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII for PlayStation 3 system
Harmony is realized in this alternate tale of FINAL FANTASY XIII

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Ffvxiii2.jpg/800px-Ffvxiii2.jpg

Not a merely a sequel, but a wholly independent story unfolding in a different world with different characters. This title will appear alongside FINAL FANTASY XIII on the PlayStation 3 system.

When coupled with FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII completes the core of the FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS Project.

*This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America

Key Development Staff
Director & Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Movie director: Takeshi Nozue (FINAL FANTASY IX, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Composer: Yoko Shimomura (LEGEND OF MANA, Parasite EVE, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Producer: Shinji Hashimoto

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Agito_logo.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Agito.jpg
The CAST!

http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/fabula/agito/img/img01_agito.jpg
FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII for Mobile Phones
Yet another facet of FINAL FANTASY XIII

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII arrives as an entirely separate entity for mobile phones, offering players easy on-the-go access to the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. Utilizing gameplay functions only available through mobile phones, this title provides players with a unique take on a story accessible anywhere their real-life adventures may take them.

Key Development Staff
Director: Hajime Tabata (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Art director: Yusuke Naora (FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY VIII, FINAL FANTASY X) Composer: Takeharu Ishimoto (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
Producer: Kousei Ito (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)

All this info was from the official na SE site at the e3 section!

Carmilla
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Im officially excited about new Final Fantasy games. :choc2:

Rostum
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Holy crap, yes!

Ouch!
05-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Well hot diggidy damn. SE's got my attention.

Sefie1999AD
05-12-2006, 04:12 PM
My opinions about the staff:

Director: Motomu Toriyama vs. Tetsuya Nomura - Based on the list of their games, either director could do well.

Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura vs. Tetsuya Nomura - I think Nomura will be the clearly better character designer here. :D

Art director: Isamu Kamikokuryo vs. ??? - We'll see, although I'm not really impressed by the list of Kamikokuryo's games.

Main programmer: Kazumi Kobayashi vs. ??? - Again, we'll seel, although the only impressive game by Kobayashi's list is Chrono Trigger.

Movie director: Eiji Fujii vs. Takeshi Nozue - Nozue's easily better, IMHO. I wasn't really impressed by TSW's cinematics or FFXII's FMVs, while Nozue has done cinematics for FFIX, AC and KH.

Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (main theme by Nobuo Uematsu) vs. Yoko Shimomura - Shimomura, IMHO. Hamauzu's work in FFX didn't feel anything to good, and from what I've heard of the samples so far, the same for DoC soundtrack. Shimomura usually makes good music, and her work in the KH series is great.

Producer: Yoshinori Kitase (FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, DoC) vs. Shinji Hashimoto (KH series, AC) - *looks at Kitase's list... gulp!* I think Hashimoto's past work is more impressive, although Kitase has worked on more games.

With all this comparison, I might actually look more forward to FF vs. XIII than the actual FFXIII.

Dreddz
05-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Holy crap, yes!

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I haven't been this excited for a new FF game since FF IX

BustaMo
05-12-2006, 09:03 PM
There's so much to look forward to with what Squenix is throwing at us. Not only am I still on a major high and looking forward to FFXII, but now FFXIII! AWESOME! Can't wait!

nirojan
05-13-2006, 10:16 PM
wow i didn't know how much hype and anticipation was building around these 3 games! But fureal! Which game are u looking forward to the most?

Khaotic
05-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

sephiroth45
05-17-2006, 08:22 PM
im lookin forward to all of them, but if you asked me my favourite(so far) id choose FF vs XIII

nirojan
05-21-2006, 01:52 PM
alright i added new pictures and made the old one HUGE! Good quality now!

Meat Puppet
05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Plenty of school girls, it seems.

nirojan
05-21-2006, 07:50 PM
what do u mean? where are there school girls?

Orophin
05-21-2006, 09:16 PM
what do u mean? where are there school girls?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Agito.jpg

nirojan
05-26-2006, 08:18 PM
o there!

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Where does it display Lightning's HP in battle?

LunarWeaver
05-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Where does it display Lightning's HP in battle?

It could be the curved "C" looking bar around the number in the upper right corner.

Dark Paladin
05-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow...:D ...:D ...:D ...:D ... you've amazed me.

sexymonkey
05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
some new news!

apparently final fantasy XIII's scenario is 80% complete

on the females left sholder are 2 yellow markings, these are apparently stand for social status/rank

there will be vehicles

and...the lady in the trailer is not the main character, but she has a prominent role in FFXIII

www.final-fantasy-13.com/2006/05/31/new-final-fantasy-13-information/

Jojee
05-31-2006, 10:38 PM
o there!
Hahahaah XDDDD I was laughing out loud for 3 minutes after I read that :p

Moon Rabbits
06-01-2006, 01:20 PM
and...the lady in the trailer is not the main character, but she has a prominent role in FFXIII

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Goddamn you Square! You've lessened the games awesome already..;-;

YTDN
06-01-2006, 01:20 PM

WHAT!!! But... but... we haven't had a female protagonist since FFVI! I wanted this one to have a female protagonist!

I REFUSE THE BELIEVE YOU!!!

sexymonkey
06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
i read today on another website that she is, i think it was www.ff13.co.uk

crazybayman
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper:.....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....

YTDN
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
i read today on another website that she is, i think it was www.ff13.co.uk

And that goes to show.. don't believe anything you read on the internet about games that have not yet been completed.

bipper
06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
wait a second... Are you sure this is really final fantasy 13 - and not 13 final fantasy games... :love:

Moon Rabbits
06-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper:.....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....Please be a$$-whooping manly guy with big sword:hyper: .....

You mean a cliche?

Relena
06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
A little more info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII)

crazybayman
06-02-2006, 07:19 PM

You mean a cliche?
I mean something I can identify with a little better.

sephiroth45
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Here's a lil scan that i thought was interesting:
http://www.ff13.co.uk/ff13-scans/28.05.06_04.jpg

He looks like cloud with his sword
Here another interesting scan:
http://www.ff13.co.uk/ff13-scans/17.05.06_03.jpg

look at the similarities it has to ff7.
the bahumut, the lil dogs in AC and the way she attacks the dragon is jus like cloud in AC!

guess what i heard about the new engine that this game is gonna run on:
"The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation." - wikipedia!

So we can actually play the exact graphics of the cutscene! and blue ray takes it furthur with HD quality!!

THESE ARE MAGNIFICENT SCANS REALLY!
http://www.ff13.co.uk/ff13-scans/17.05.06_05.jpg

nirojan
06-07-2006, 08:07 PM
what are you talking about?
of course they look alike they're both made by SE!!!
If you suggesting that they're running out of ideas
your sadly mistaken. All these new concepts that we've
never seen are being released!

sephiroth45
06-14-2006, 01:06 AM
no im not saying that SE is running out of ideas or something, but merely pointing out the simmilarities!
and could u post this on the first post:
"Gravity
In a developer interview, Motomu Toriyama stated that the E3 Trailer shows what is known as the 'Gravity Bomb', known as the spell 'Gravity' in previous games. Presumably, it refers to the electrical energy field that surrounds the young woman shown in the trailer. It has some unique properties by allowing her to defy gravity, as well as allowing her to use it as a weapon.

Graphics
The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation.

Online Option
While players will still get to experience Final Fantasy XIII as an offline game, Yoshinori Kitase has stated in the developer interview that players will also get to play Final Fantasy XIII online as well"-wikipedia

ye that's it!

blak_spyder
06-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Sounds exciting... my only dissapointment so far is that its on PS3:rolleyes2

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:00 PM

It would've kicked ass on the Wii(taking out the XIII of course)

FF: Fabula Nova Crystallis (Wii) sounds good to me.

And they could've made a different looking FF: XIII.

PS: I don't like SE's idea of making Crystal Chronicles for Nintendo's system, make a REAL FF for Nintendo, you lazy bums! (though I'm really psyched 'bout the ability to play Crystal Chronicles online with other people =) ).

nirojan
06-15-2006, 08:14 PM

I really don't want this to look like monitoring or anything, just reminding you that you shouldn't swear! Any admins or mods, can you please rewrite it or Deathknight can u rewrite it?

sephiroth45
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM

I really don't want this to look like monitoring or anything, just reminding you that you shouldn't swear! Any admins or mods, can you please rewrite it or Deathknight can u rewrite it?

Ye that did kind of sounded like member moderating! And the answer why it's not on the WII is cause the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability and is not as powerful as the PS3. PS. THAT'S WHY PS3 IS $500-$600! Ye that would be interesting to have an ff with the WII technology, but that's why crystal bearers is coming out! PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!

YTDN
06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
kicked ass

That... isn't swearing.

Lawr
06-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Them announcing Final Fantasy 13 will just have people losing attention to Final Fantasy 12...

the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability

Doesn't have enough!?
You don't know your consoles do you? Wii (and Gamecube) is all graphics not so many games and not as powerful (you got that one right.) Playstation is like in the middle. Mild to moderate grapics so more lengthier games, and less memory is taken up.

PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!

One Word: Tekken Tag Tournament.

sephiroth45
06-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Them announcing Final Fantasy 13 will just have people losing attention to Final Fantasy 12...

the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability

Doesn't have enough!?
You don't know your consoles do you? Wii (and Gamecube) is all graphics not so many games and not as powerful (you got that one right.) Playstation is like in the middle. Mild to moderate grapics so more lengthier games, and less memory is taken up.

PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!

One Word: Tekken Tag Tournament.

WHAT! the PS3 has wayu more graphic capability than the WII!
Obviously you've never seen the e3 show, because most of WII's games have current gen(the xbox and ps2 gen) graphics!
what do you mean wii and gamecube is all graphics?
XBOX 360 probably has better graphics that the WII!
WII doesn't compare to PS3! WII is out of its leage boi!
P.S. Im not hating on Nintendo or the WII, it's just that Sagensyg is making me laugh! :laugh:
anyway if you look at the fight in the trailer properly :fencing:
you can see some of the in battle features (by the way, you
have to pause sometimes!)

Rostum
06-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Graphics aren't everything. Not everyone is so shallow to like a game based on it's graphics, that even relates to consoles. /sigh

And you do realise that the Wii was extremely popular at E3, right? Even moreso than that of the PS3 and Xbox360's popularity.

nirojan
06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
ye, this really is off topic. Let's stick with the game and not systems k?

+syou+
06-23-2006, 03:37 AM
the games look so awesome!!:eek:

FF versus XIII :love:

abrojtm
06-23-2006, 06:20 AM
I guess this is slightly off-topic but seriously folks lets look at the specs. Based solely on graphics:

Current Gen:
X-Box
Gamecube
PS2
Next Gen:
PS3
Xbox 360
Wii

Nintendo has already stated that their goal with the Wii is not to woo consumers with graphics, but instead to give them a revolutionary and innovative way to play games. However, as much potential as the Wii has, I think many gamers will be put off by its slightly weaker engine and graphics.

P.S. The Virtual Console will rock.

On-topic: I am excited to see a trifecta of FFXIII madness to ensue. I just hope the mobile phone game makes it over here (unlike FFVII: Before Crisis :()

nirojan
06-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Nintendo has already stated that their goal with the Wii is not to woo consumers with graphics, but instead to give them a revolutionary and innovative way to play games. However, as much potential as the Wii has, I think many gamers will be put off by its slightly weaker engine and graphics.

there let that put an end to all the graphic delema alrite!

I am excited to see a trifecta of FFXIII madness to ensue. I just hope the mobile phone game makes it over here (unlike FFVII: Before Crisis )

Well ff7: dc the lost chapter is gonna make it here from a company called amp'd. So they might have another agreement with amp'd or another company! We know that some mobile games might not make it here!

sephiroth45
07-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Well ff7: dc the lost chapter is gonna make it here from a company called amp'd. So they might have another agreement with amp'd or another company! We know that some mobile games might not make it here!

I think ts called the lost episode!
I wonder whch of the three ffXiii games will be released first? and the others in which order?

drunkymonkey
07-01-2006, 07:52 PM
These games are hopefully going to w1n. I ain't buying the mobile one though. Hell no.

nirojan
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Why not, it'll be like having ffxiii with you everywehere you go!

drunkymonkey
07-04-2006, 10:27 PM
There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.

sephiroth45
07-05-2006, 01:05 AM
There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.

There's also the PRICE as well.
Im talking about if your a teen and don't have a decent cell.
1. you gotta get a cell
2. you gotta get the phonecompany with the game (that'd be amp'd in this case)
3. you gotta buy the game
4. you gotta pay for the account monthly(unless you got "pay as you go")

nirojan
07-05-2006, 01:09 AM

1. you gotta get a cell
4. you gotta pay for the account monthly(unless you got "pay as you go")

Im correcting the red statement:
Amp'd is the phone company for ffvii:dc the lost episode!
the agreement for the mobile game in fabula hasn't been made yet!

atlanteay
07-05-2006, 04:47 AM
still, it's like paying all the money just to play a game on a super small screen with rather bad control system. I like the sound of the plot and all just not the cell phone part. I don't even have a cellphone and i don't want one (odd, yes) good thing it's not going to be out in awhile. I might change my mind after a few years:)

drunkymonkey
07-05-2006, 10:33 AM

1. you gotta get a cell
4. you gotta pay for the account monthly(unless you got "pay as you go")Well, I am a teen and I have a crap phone from 2003 (seems funny, doesn't it?), so it's a bit of a bugger for me.

sephiroth45
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM

1. you gotta get a cell
4. you gotta pay for the account monthly(unless you got "pay as you go")Well, I am a teen and I have a crap phone from 2003 (seems funny, doesn't it?), so it's a bit of a bugger for me.

Just get a $0 phone with a plan, no really and get 'pay a you go'!
Dont worry you'll pay nothing and if you want you can later get another plan depending on how much you make and your minutes!
sorry for going offtopic!

drunkymonkey
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Why not, it'll be like having ffxiii with you everywehere you go! There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.
1. you gotta get a cell
Dont worry you'll pay nothing and if you want you can later get another plan depending on how much you make and your minutes!
sorry for going offtopic!Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade.

nirojan
07-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Why not, it'll be like having ffxiii with you everywehere you go! There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.
1. you gotta get a cell
sorry for going offtopic!Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade.
Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
On topic: SE should stop releasing mobile games. In Japan i heard that ff7:BC is doing alright! not as great as they expected though! Because NA does not use those high tech phones the new mobile games coming will have less graphics and less capabilities! Therefore this mobile game (if it gets released in NA) wont have that great graphics so don't get too worked up about it!

drunkymonkey
07-07-2006, 06:07 PM
1. you gotta get a cell
sorry for going offtopic!Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade. Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
On topic: SE should stop releasing mobile games. In Japan i heard that ff7:BC is doing alright! not as great as they expected though! Because NA does not use those high tech phones the new mobile games coming will have less graphics and less capabilities! Therefore this mobile game (if it gets released in NA) wont have that great graphics so don't get too worked up about it!
I find mobile games to be pretty pointless. Especially when you have handheld consoles that are far more capable and with their controls more suited to the job.

Fatal Impurity
09-15-2006, 01:53 PM
i think SE is milking this series for all its worth....im looking forward to FF13 but i think this could be another cashcow FF10-2 :( i had high expectations of FF10-2 and look what it did to us!!!!! :'(

Hyperion4444
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey. Here's some more info about the game.

13 things you should know about FFXIII on the PS3.

1- Of the many teams within Square-Enix, which one was tasked with creating the first next-gen Final Fantasy? Why, the same folks who made the previous '' new Final Fantasy title for the next generation of Playstation''! Namely, the team behind Final Fantasy X for the PS2.

2- Producer Yoshinori Kitase outlines FFXIII's basic concept as the ''formal evolution of Final Fantasy. In FFX, we tried to conclude and wrap up the traditionnal RPG. In this game, we'd like to show the next form of RPGs. To be more specific, in the traditional RPG, the game flow is pretty the same: You go into a town, talk to people, go out of town, and enter battles. We want to start looking at that flow and revolutionize it in a way that it may surprise people to learn that this is a Final Fantasy game. I'm thinking it will be an extraordinary new form in RPGs.''

3- Director Motomu Toriyama on his experience in creating FFX and applying that experiences to FFXIII: ''We learned how to exceed and evolve the portrayal of the dramatic essence by showing the small changes in expression and emotions from what we did on FFX. I would be lying if I said we would be able to go back to the PS2 after creating the FFVII technical demo for the PS3''.

4- To that end, here's what we heard about the combat system: it's still good ol' Active-Time Battle ''Bar'' (ATB), except it's been tweaked to be even more faster and a bit more ''actiony'' (as indicated by the trailer). The development team also cryptically mentioned the use of an ''added time axis,'' which could mean anything from timing button presses that pull off special attacks to abilities that alter time within battle.

5- Another big factor in the combat system is the use of the vertical axis. Notice that gray thing on the heroine's finger? That controls gravity. You (or she) snaps it on and off effortlessly. Combine her ability to control gravity with her acrobatics, and you can see how vertical position in combat is now more important than the previous FF titles.

6- Weapon desing is being handled by Tetsu Tsukamoto, who worked on the costumew design fo FFX-2. His experience in creating multiple costume changes for the FFX-2 girls probably helped in desinging a gun that transforms into a sword.

7- Kitase on the game engine: ''A team of experts was formed to develop a special engine with a vast array of elements capable of handling cinematics, advanced audio processing, graphics-engine physics calculation, and special effects rendering. This impressive development platform is called the White Engine.

8- Toriyama on the female character that was shown in the trailer: ''I wouldn't say that she's the main character. It just happens to be that she was the character that we chose to feature in the trailer. However, it is true that we wanted to have a strong, independent woman as one of the main characters in the game. To accomplish this, we asked character designer Tetsuya Nomura to design a strong, and independent character, both mentally and physically. She was the end result.''
Noruma interjects, ''The order I got from Toriyama was to create a muscular and athetic gril. I had a lot of trouble trying to create her.''

9- Toriyama on the setting of FFXIII: ''The world of FFXIII depicts a level of civilization more advanced than ever seen before in the Final Fantasy series. This futuristic world exists in a time when technology and magic have combined and developed into new form. We decided to go for a more futuristic, sci-fi look because we thought that it would fit the new worldbeing portrayed on the Plastation 3 and serve as a indicator as to what the futur of gaming might be.''

10- Coproducer Shinji Hashimoto on the overall nature of Fabula Nova Crystallis projet and its effect on FFXIII: ''Consider that development platforms but featuring different worlds and stories that are bound by a common mythology, these independent FFXIII evolve uniquely. The Fabula Nova Crystallis projet is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other.

11- Why put sush a big emphasis on a freakin' crystal? Kitase answers, ''Because the crystal is the symbol of the [I]FF/I] series. The compilation of FFVII games has the central theme of the original FFVII, but this project is starting from zero. So that's why we though it would be good to create a centerpiece for this project and freely evolve from there.''

12- Chocobos:choc: :choc2: , moogles:mog: , and traditional spell names will still be present.

13- FFXIII online? Kitase mentions, ''It's still to be determined; if anything, it will be an extra feature but it won't be one of the main features.''

How's that!?

No.78
09-17-2006, 01:57 PM
NICE.

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D Why did you show me that? Now I'm all excited n stuff...

I totally knew she wasn't the main character!

Gravity defiance= omgfun

Nifleheim7
09-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the scans!

Elpizo
09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Well... At first I didn't really liek the look of XIII, I shall be honest. Sci-Fi isn't really something what I would call Final Fantasy. Fantasy speaks to imagination but on a different level, I think. Final Sci-Fi would have been a better name, IMO.

But I'm getting more and more inetrested in this game, really. Watched the trailer a few times again. I actually like it. But so far the characters shown in XIII and vXIII again look like Clouds and Squalls... What's wrong with Zidane? What's wrong with teenagers?

I'm hoping that after the XIII project, they will think of letting the IX team make anotehr main FF game again.

I have only a few problems. I want to play XIII, but I can't get a PS3, it's expensive, too. I want to play FF: CC The Crystal Bearers, too, because the IX team also works on it. But I can't get a Wii. I'm stuck with my DS Lite. There's nothing to be done about it...

If they will make more XIII projects, I hope one will reach DS as well. I'm happy with FF III DS and FF XII: Revenant wings, but can we get an all new FF game, that's not a sequel or a remake, but a completely new FF game on our DS?

Well, curious how XIII and it's companions will turn out. I'm certainly interested, especially about how exactly the crystals are placed in these games...

No.78
09-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I bet one whole pence that FFXIII is the last one!

nirojan
10-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Of course this isn't the last one! SE is making too much money off this franchise, why would they stop.

Of course, if they did hold it off for a few years and release ff14 in like 6 years later, they would build up enogh hype for a bestseller, but they probably won't do that!

Any way'(back to the topic), no one actually has prooff that the main characters name is lightning do they? the all just assume it beacause it appears on the screen. Does anyone have confirmation of the name? (And i mean a reliable source not someone who posted a thread with their thoughts)

James16
10-18-2006, 03:54 PM
If its a new game in the Final Fantasy series then im defentily interested and now got something else to tourtre me by the wait an anticipation!!!:D

nirojan
01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
umm... whos that blond haired character?
he looks pretty new! i dont think i saw him in any of the older scans?
suggestions?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/ffcompilation/festa06/ff13_01.jpg
thx to FF:COMPILATION (credit goes to them for the picture)

RiseToFall
01-05-2007, 09:04 PM
umm... whos that blond haired character?
he looks pretty new! i dont think i saw him in any of the older scans?
suggestions?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/ffcompilation/festa06/ff13_01.jpg
thx to FF:COMPILATION (credit goes to them for the picture)

Maybe you should check the thread right below this one, entitled, "New Blond character revealed" (http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98862)

nirojan
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
A possible fourth title has copyrighted by square:

Word Mark FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; video game software; sound recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or fictional stories; audio visual recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded compact discs featuring music; prerecorded video discs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded video cassettes featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; decorative magnets; mouse pads; straps for cellular phones; sunglasses; blank memory cards; memory card cases; CD cases; video game controllers; downloadable computer graphic software containing wallpapers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable screensavers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable video recordings featuring cartoon characters and/or video game characters; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable sound recordings using human voices featuring morning calls and/or wake-up call messages; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and/or newsletters in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Computer game strategy guidebooks; video game strategy guidebooks; a series of books featuring fictional stories and/or fantasy stories; graphic art books; song books; musical score books; comic books; magazines featuring computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment; posters; stickers; paper banners; calendars; post cards; pens; pencils; pencil caps; pen cases; drawing rulers; rubber stamps; notebooks; collectors' cards; trading cards; photographs; photograph stands

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Dolls; toy figures; plush toys; stuffed toys; inflatable toys; toy vehicles; toy guns; toy swords; playing cards; card games; board games; jigsaw puzzles; hand held video game units

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Providing on-line computer games and/or on-line video games; providing information on computer game strategies and/or video game strategies via computer networks and/or global communication networks; providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and/or magazines; providing on-line non-downloadable comics; providing on-line non-downloadable magazines in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment

Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 26.17.13 - Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines; Overlined words or letters; Underlined words or letters
Serial Number 78873711
Filing Date May 1, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B;44E
Original Filing Basis 1B;44E
Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix (also trading as Square Enix Co., Ltd.) CORPORATION JAPAN 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Mark I. Peroff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

A 'logo' for Haeresis, done by Yo:skull::skull::skull::skull:aka Amano, the image illustrator and title logo designer for Fabula Nova Crystallis, has now been published, although no additional artwork pertaining to the title has been officially released as of yet.

Just thought i'd keep you guys informed!

sephiroth45
05-21-2007, 10:16 PM
a 4th game?
wow this is edging towards the league of compilation of FF7 isnt it?

Dragonface
05-21-2007, 11:51 PM
a 4th game?
wow this is edging towards the league of compilation of FF7 isnt it?

The project Fabula Nova Crystallis did say they has SIX diffent XIII games in total. The first three were know at the same time:
FFXIII
VerseXIII
Argos
And now we just got a confirm name for the 4th one...
Haeresis XIII
Now all we have to do is to wait for any 'more' details for the FOUR games and guess what the other two would be called?

Dr. Acula
05-22-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm excited as hell for FF13 to come out (although I'll probably never get it:( ), not so much for Versus (but it still looks pretty darn awesome) and I love Agito's big cast of characters and interesting weapons!

On Wikipedia I read that the Compilation of FF7 (The "50 million yen project) is to last until FF7's 20th Anniversary (10 years from now:eek: ) and the Fabula Nova Crystallis Project (The "100 million yen project") is probably gonna last for a long time as well.

nirojan
05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
1. you gotta get a cell
sorry for going offtopic!Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade. Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
I find mobile games to be pretty pointless. Especially when you have handheld consoles that are far more capable and with their controls more suited to the job.

Off Topic: DAMN THIS IS LONG!!

On Topic: just reminding you that you shouldn't trust everything on wikipedia!

sephiroth45
05-23-2007, 10:46 PM
1. you gotta get a cell

Speaking of phones and mobile devices!!
Here's some wallpapers for mobiles or PSPs:

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_11.jpg

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_4.jpg

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_10.jpg

and for more wallpapers check out Final Fantasy XIII ~ FF-XIII.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net/)

nirojan
05-26-2007, 02:17 AM
1. you gotta get a cell

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_11.jpg

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_4.jpg

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/psp/psp_10.jpg

and for more wallpapers check out Final Fantasy XIII ~ FF-XIII.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net/)

wow nice wallpapers i added 2 of them to my PSP!!

thx!!

cloud45419
05-26-2007, 02:19 AM

thx!!

Wow i've been on alotta forums and ive never seen quotes this long!
Anyway, this game looks rather interesting!

nirojan
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Anyway, this game looks rather interesting!

Well then,
WELCOME TO EOFF!!!

lol... anyway in the square enix party did they talk about all the games? every site i go to only show the original FF XIII. I'd personnally like to see versus revealed a bit more!

Vivisteiner
05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Well then,
WELCOME TO EOFF!!!

lol... anyway in the square enix party did they talk about all the games? every site i go to only show the original FF XIII. I'd personnally like to see versus revealed a bit more!
Thats a given.

...they only showed extended trailers for FFXIII and FFvXIII - nothing more. Their biggest revelation was Dissidia.

nirojan
06-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
I find mobile games to be pretty pointless. Especially when you have handheld consoles that are far more capable and with their controls more suited to the job.[/quote]

On Topic: just reminding you that you shouldn't trust everything on wikipedia![/quote]

and for more wallpapers check out Final Fantasy XIII ~ FF-XIII.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net/)[/quote]

thx!![/quote]

Anyway, this game looks rather interesting![/QUOTE]

Well then,
WELCOME TO EOFF!!!

lol... anyway in the square enix party did they talk about all the games? every site i go to only show the original FF XIII. I'd personnally like to see versus revealed a bit more![/QUOTE]
Thats a given.

...they only showed extended trailers for FFXIII and FFvXIII - nothing more. Their biggest revelation was Dissidia.[/QUOTE]

Confimed for NA??

My god, it's information about Final Fantasy XIII... that's not in Japanese..

Current issues of Play and OPM both feature two-page arcticles on Square-Enix's PS3 Final Fantasy debut compilation, Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII. Play's article, in particular has quite a few details that most of us hadn't heard yet.

Not only are there tidbits of story info (for example that in FFXIII, magic and technology are so inter-realted that magic has become an indespensible part of everyday life... that in FF Versus XIII, the main character is a member of the royal house that controls the last Crystals, and thus magic... and that in FF Agito XIII, players will take on the role of a student at the Periticum school of magic and go about their daily lives), but there is also some details on game play.

Final Fantasy XIII will feature the Active Time Battle system, but with some new features... including and Overclock Gauge that will give the player an ability similar to the Matrix's 'bullet time'. Additionally, battles will involve 360 degrees of movement, with enemies attacking from all sides (including from above). Additionally, there is no evidence of Final Fantasy's usual MP gauge, and it is suspected that since technology and magic are so interlinked, MP has been replaced by the ATB Cost feature seen in screenshots.

For even more information, read though the articles in the scans.

cloud45419
06-21-2007, 10:45 PM
that info was released awile ago, isn't there any new info?

atlanteay
06-22-2007, 03:03 AM
not really... FF13 news aren't abundant lately as it used to be. I'm guessing there'll be more news at E3

Hyperion4444
07-02-2007, 08:10 PM
We've gotten used to seeing Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama in interviews regarding Final Fantasy XIII, but a new face joined the executive staff for the latest feature on Japan's most anticipated PS3 title.

The latest issue of Japan's monthly Ge-maga magazine is home to an interview with the three FFXIII mainstays, along with a newcomer, Tosirou Tsuchida. Following his work on Front Mission and Final Fantasy X, Tsuchida is taking charge of the battle system in Final Fantasy XIII. Before getting into the details of his latest creation, Tsuchida gave some insight into his previous work with the Final Fantasy series.

Back at the start of Final Fantasy X's development, he was told that he could do whatever he pleased with the game's battle system. He ended up asking if he could do away entirely with the ATB (Active Time Battle) system for which the Final Fantasy series is known. This caused an emergency meeting within Square. The result was that Tsuchida wasn't allowed to completely do away with the ATB system, resulting in that game's CTB (Count Time Battle) system.

This time, Tsuchida was asked from the start to create a flashy, speedy battle system. He felt that the command-based systems that have been used for previous Final Fantasy games wouldn't allow for this. However, Square Enix wanted a battle system that was as fast as an action game while allowing the player to input commands.

That's apparently what we'll be getting in FFXIII. The battle system is still considered an ATB system, complete with time flowing by as you input commands. However, the actual means of input has changed a bit and, according to Tsuchida, will now allow for more control options. You'll be able to, for example, select between carrying out a simple slash, or charging and then slashing. Some characters will be able to combine magic with standard attacks.

And all of this is somehow connected to a new animation system that will blend individual motions to result in a single smooth motion. Final Fantasy XIII's battle system may share a few points in common with the Final Fantasy XII system. Rather than a standard encounter-based system where battle begins with the allies and enemies in a face off, Tsuchida suggested that FFXIII's battles will begin with the player noting, "Oh, here's an enemy." Players will be able to change the battle conditions to an extent.

Tsuchida gave the example of a player considering what can be done in order to create a winning situation for an upcoming battle. This doesn't mean we'll be getting an evolved version of the FFXII system either. Toriyama stated that the FFXIII battle system will be something that's not quite encounter based and not quite seamless. Players will have a new way of getting into fights with enemies. Although Ge-maga got a couple of pages worth of comments from him, Tsuchida managed to keep most of the specifics on the battle system to himself.

He wouldn't even confirm if players will be inputting commands for ally characters, or if they'll just be in control of a single character (his response to this question was "no comment."). Toriyama did, however, refer to the battle system as a "party battle system" as he went on to describe how he wants the game's cast to appear in battle without straying away from their roles in the scenario.

This latter point seems to be of prime importance to the FFXIII combat system. It seems that battles in FFXIII are going to be more meaningful than those of previous FF games. Outside of your main party characters, Tsuchida wants to make the enemies that you encounter in battle more wholly connected to the main game. Scenario and battle should be more closely connected, he feels, and so the enemies will change based on the conditions of the scenario.

As an example, he mentioned players moving through an area that's being searched by the army. You'll end up encountering the appropriate type of enemy for this situation, and may even get shot at. An enemy's specialty and habitat will change based on the location. In the case of an enemy requiring thought and feelings, you can expect to encounter things that aren't strictly "monsters." In addition to moving differently based on the situation, an enemy's "category" will also change.

Enemies in FFXIII are categorized with much detail, Tsuchida revealed. Kitase (who didn't speak much during the interview) made it clear just how much detail we can expect. Battalions will have their own personnel chart, with each soldier having his own background story.

Closing off the Ge-maga feature, Kitase made mention of the fabled "White Engine," the next generation engine Square Enix is using for Final Fantasy XIII. He hinted that Square Enix is considering using the engine for games after Final Fantasy XIII.

The recent announcement of the company's plans for the Unreal Engine 3 caused some concern that Final Fantasy XIII would be the first and last sighting for the internally developed toolkit.
©2007, IGN Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved

--------------------------------------------------

Know Your Role
RPGs Abound at E3 2006
May 10, 2006
By Matt Lachlan
Print KNOW YOUR ROLE

RPGs Abound at E3 2006

Time to confess your fetish for futuristic swordfighters and doe-eyed anime babes – otherwise, you’ll have some serious explaining to do when someone looks at your holiday videogame collection. Role-playing games are everywhere at E3 2006 which is fast shaping up to be the show for fans of fantasy, comic book and sci-fi adventures.

Square Enix leads the charge with the mind-blowing Final Fantasy XIII, planned for release exclusively on the PLAYSTATION®3 system. A dazzling trailer being shown to select audiences teases observers with glimpses of gorgeous girls, furious gunfights, airships a-flying, melee combos a-whirling, and sights to thrill any fan of sci-fi or sword and sorcery outings. Companion title Final Fantasy Versus XIII is in development as well, presenting much more action-oriented play within the same universe.

The aforementioned offerings are but a brief sampling of dozens of titles due for release throughout the coming year that place storyline and characterization above thumb-numbing, twitch-based action. Undoubtedly, they prove that there’s no better time to be a role-playing game fan than now.

Forget Godzilla.

It was an even mightier giant, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. president Ken Kutaragi, who ran roughshod over Japan this morning, kicking off Far Eastern extravaganza Tokyo Game Show 2006 with an eye-opening keynote address.

“The possibilities are enormous… beyond the scope of your imagination,” he said, describing PLAYSTATION®3 system’s potential to an exhibition hall jam-packed with hundreds of media and analysts eager to get a glimpse at the platform’s future. “We’re opening the doors to the next generation of entertainment.”

Proof was immediately offered in the form of an eye-opening video montage highlighting titles such as Namco Bandai’s Ridge Racer 7, Sega’s Virtua Fighter 5 and Square-Enix’s Final Fantasy XIII. But a gigantic display filled with images of sword-swinging, lead-spitting robots – courtesy of mechanized warfare simulator Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight – wasn’t the highlight. (Although, in fairness, featured scenes of massive metallic instruments of death meeting in battle did prove suitably awe-inspiring…)

Rather, it was Kutaragi’s singular description of where the interactive entertainment business is headed that provided the most memorable and buzz-worthy talking points. “The computer and videogame industries are finally coming together,” he said. “I believe a breakthrough is almost upon us.”

Speaking highly of technological advances made since the PS one console’s launch 12 years ago, Kutaragi assured attendees the next decade will bring even more meaningful developments in the fields of computer processing, user interactivity and high-definition audiovisual technology.

Among upcoming possibilities: Global online networks supporting direct connections between enthusiasts and game developers, allowing users to shape featured game content in a live, real-time context. Massive databases of landscape/design data compiled by the satellite positioning and automotive industries instantly accessible to game makers, freeing them to focus less on engineering and more on the creative side of software production. Even shared computing applications that allow PLAYSTATION 3 owners to link up and combine the raw processing power of their systems, devoting machines to solving pressing scientific questions or eradicating incurable diseases.

“A transformation is taking place,” said Kutaragi. “With PLAYSTATION 3, users won’t just have the option to upload and share photos and short films. They’ll [also be able to] provide game designers with new ideas… and make meaningful contributions to their community.”

Chiding the industry for its current complacency and ongoing reliance on sequel-driven hits, Kutaragi also called recent consumer passiveness to task. Without innovation, he explained, there’s no sustainable future for game development, and insisted that creativity should be the basis of computerized entertainment.

Promising that Sony would drive the world of gaming and connectivity forward, he actually confessed that the PLAYSTATION 3 system’s high-tech hardware “may be overkill” at the present juncture. However, it won’t be long before the functionality it offers – letting buyers acquire content in both prepackaged and digital form – sets the standard for tomorrow’s horizon-broadening, silicon-powered diversions.

Never mind downloadable, system-emulated PS one and Sega gaming classics. He also hinted that in coming years, you’d be able to visit local retailers and pay a small fee to enjoy PLAYSTATION 3 titles then and there on-demand – a concept which could prove a spiritual successor to coin-operated arcades.

Offering observers a sneak peek at electronic entertainment’s future, the presentation fittingly closed with a video of upcoming blockbuster Afrika. (An innovative new game which, from charging rhinos to hungry cheetahs, offers audiences a pixel-perfect look at the Dark Continent’s exotic wildlife…)

“We’re putting the power [to change the world] in your hands,” explained Kutaragi. “The dream is now a reality.”

PLAYSTATION®3 the Obvious Choice for Game Enthusiasts
September 24, 2006
By Matt Lachlan
Print
Pop quiz: What’s the highest honor we’ve been afforded since arriving in Japan for Tokyo Game Show 2006 thus far? (Hint: It isn’t getting to watch gorgeous young women rocking pink hair and vamped-out ball gowns primp and pose – although that has been a nice perk.)

Think instead a visit yesterday evening to Sony Computer Entertainment, where we were ushered up to the PlayStation Lounge – a combination full-service bar, restaurant and product showroom incongruously located high atop the city in the middle of a sparkling office – and told to relax and dig in with the latest PLAYSTATION® 3 games. (Not to mention some rather dubious-looking pate…)

While mingling with the likes of SCE boss Ken Kutaragi and SCEA president/CEO Kaz Hirai, we took the opportunity to truly immerse ourselves into the next-generation of interactive entertainment. With titles like Formula One 06 and Everybody’s Golf 5 on full display for all to pick up and enjoy, staring into the future wasn’t nearly as difficult as muscling rival journalists aside for a chance to jockey behind the controller.

The scoop: Consider us duly impressed with everything we saw. Whereas previous appearances only hinted at the platform’s power, featured demonstrations like a surprise showing of NBA 07 running in real-time at 1080p graphic resolution absolutely blew us away.

An early favorite for all-star status is Resistance: Fall of Man™, an ultra-visceral first-person shooter coming from Ratchet & Clank® creator Insomniac Games. Imagine frantically running around claustrophobic bunkers or dismal underground hangars while going toe-to-toe with multi-eyed, skull-faced opponents busy clinging from walls and targeting you with eerie laser sights whose ghostly red beams cut through the choking gloom. Or, while we’re at it, spastically popping off shotguns and even fiercer weapons which fire ricocheting bullets or homing shells as you tap-dance with titanic adversaries keen on blasting you to kingdom come using cannons the size of small hippos.

Off-road racer MotorStorm™ also looks undeniably fantastic, letting anyone take ATVs, dune buggies, rally cars and more for a seat-of-your-pants test drive. We kicked up so much mud it’s a wonder our pants were still clean afterwards. (Even more so when you consider how likely the title’s intense pacing is to prompt a sudden soiling.)

But lo, we were soon lured away from high-speed thrills by the ever-stunning Genji: Days of the Blade™. Holy guacamole… Boy, will this Asian-themed action-adventure knock your socks off! We’re talking stunning backgrounds featuring photorealistic waterfalls trickling down dusty, rock-strewn streams. Leaves which float in the air of mighty, primeval forests. Spurts of blood that gush forth from enemies savaged by flying attacks, spinning strikes and gravity-defying assaults that actually let you bounce multiple times on their heads. And, of course, a cast of interchangeable heroes that includes a lethal samurai, lithe girl packing a cord-mounted blade and mega-buff monk who uses a stone pillar as a club.

Don’t forget to look for Lair™ – which casts you as a dragon-mounted warrior and encourages you to claw legions of armored troops, spit flame at fellow fire-breathing lizards and soar through the air simply by tilting a motion-sensitive controller – either. An innovative blend of action and strategy elements, the game melds ground-based and aerial combat together in an immediately accessible way that’s truly rousing to behold.

These highlights are just a small sampling of what’s available for show attendees to gawk at, however. From Devil May Cry 4 and Gran Turismo™ HD to Fatal Inertia, FINAL FANTASY® XIII, Virtua Fighter 5 and Coded Arms: Assault, it’s just a brief taste of the butt-kicking (and -numbing) fun to come when PLAYSTATION®3 arrives this November. Akihabara might not necessarily be the trendiest place in town – what up, Harajuku? – but for any self-respecting geek, a visit’s an absolute must. It’s worth going just to see how big Sony can really do things up.

13 things you should know about FFXIII on the PS3.

1- Of the many teams within Square-Enix, which one was tasked with creating the first next-gen Final Fantasy? Why, the same folks who made the previous '' new Final Fantasy title for the next generation of Playstation''! Namely, the team behind Final Fantasy X for the PS2.

2- Producer Yoshinori Kitase outlines FFXIII's basic concept as the ''formal evolution of Final Fantasy. In FFX, we tried to conclude and wrap up the traditionnal RPG. In this game, we'd like to show the next form of RPGs. To be more specific, in the traditional RPG, the game flow is pretty the same: You go into a town, talk to people, go out of town, and enter battles. We want to start looking at that flow and revolutionize it in a way that it may surprise people to learn that this is a Final Fantasy game. I'm thinking it will be an extraordinary new form in RPGs.''

3- Director Motomu Toriyama on his experience in creating FFX and applying that experiences to FFXIII: ''We learned how to exceed and evolve the portrayal of the dramatic essence by showing the small changes in expression and emotions from what we did on FFX. I would be lying if I said we would be able to go back to the PS2 after creating the FFVII technical demo for the PS3''.

4- To that end, here's what we heard about the combat system: it's still good ol' Active-Time Battle ''Bar'' (ATB), except it's been tweaked to be even more faster and a bit more ''actiony'' (as indicated by the trailer). The development team also cryptically mentioned the use of an ''added time axis,'' which could mean anything from timing button presses that pull off special attacks to abilities that alter time within battle.

5- Another big factor in the combat system is the use of the vertical axis. Notice that gray thing on the heroine's finger? That controls gravity. You (or she) snaps it on and off effortlessly. Combine her ability to control gravity with her acrobatics, and you can see how vertical position in combat is now more important than the previous FF titles.

6- Weapon desing is being handled by Tetsu Tsukamoto, who worked on the costumew design fo FFX-2. His experience in creating multiple costume changes for the FFX-2 girls probably helped in desinging a gun that transforms into a sword.

7- Kitase on the game engine: ''A team of experts was formed to develop a special engine with a vast array of elements capable of handling cinematics, advanced audio processing, graphics-engine physics calculation, and special effects rendering. This impressive development platform is called the White Engine.

8- Toriyama on the female character that was shown in the trailer: ''I wouldn't say that she's the main character. It just happens to be that she was the character that we chose to feature in the trailer. However, it is true that we wanted to have a strong, independent woman as one of the main characters in the game. To accomplish this, we asked character designer Tetsuya Nomura to design a strong, and independent character, both mentally and physically. She was the end result.''
Noruma interjects, ''The order I got from Toriyama was to create a muscular and athetic gril. I had a lot of trouble trying to create her.''

9- Toriyama on the setting of FFXIII: ''The world of FFXIII depicts a level of civilization more advanced than ever seen before in the Final Fantasy series. This futuristic world exists in a time when technology and magic have combined and developed into new form. We decided to go for a more futuristic, sci-fi look because we thought that it would fit the new worldbeing portrayed on the Plastation 3 and serve as a indicator as to what the futur of gaming might be.''

10- Coproducer Shinji Hashimoto on the overall nature of Fabula Nova Crystallis projet and its effect on FFXIII: ''Consider that development platforms but featuring different worlds and stories that are bound by a common mythology, these independent FFXIII evolve uniquely. The Fabula Nova Crystallis projet is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other.

11- Why put sush a big emphasis on a freakin' crystal? Kitase answers, ''Because the crystal is the symbol of the [I]FF/I] series. The compilation of FFVII games has the central theme of the original FFVII, but this project is starting from zero. So that's why we though it would be good to create a centerpiece for this project and freely evolve from there.''

12- Chocobos:choc: :choc2: , moogles:mog: , and traditional spell names will still be present.

13- FFXIII online? Kitase mentions, ''It's still to be determined; if anything, it will be an extra feature but it won't be one of the main features.''

:cool: :choc2:

:happybday :tonberry: :choc2: :choc: Final Fantasy Celebrates 20 years :choc: :choc2: of the series in the making. EGM Magazine.
I've yet had time to copy the information and post it here, but when I do, I'll post it here first.
(There is someone who posted the images of that magazine somewhere, that is basically the lastest infos.)

cloud45419
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow thx Hyper that's a whole lot i didn't know!
(to tell you the truth i didn't read all of it... way too long, but i will sooner or later!)

Hyperion4444
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Great Info.
Needs an Update.

Now 2k7 TGS Has Passed, we've received a private Trailer featuring a new girl brunnet.
Closing with no release date but did say PS3 Only.
New Pics have been released.

No.78
10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Great Info.
Needs an Update.

Now 2k7 TGS Has Passed, we've received a private Trailer featuring a new girl brunnet.
Closing with no release date but did say PS3 Only.
New Pics have been released.

WWhat lemme see

nirojan
03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
anyway seeing how the PS3 launch is inevitable...
wouldn't it be cool if Wii and 360 got it as well?

Ouch!
03-06-2008, 01:48 AM
No.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 05:28 PM

No. Final Fantasy XIII is slated to be available on the Playstation 3, exclusively. This means that the internal makings of the game are geared solely towards the Playstation 3, and a port would be very messy — especially from Playstation 3 to the Wii —

You may be pleased to find out that it has been stated that the developers want to release games on other platforms under the Fabula Nova Crystallis franchise (http://squarehaven.com/news/2007/04/16/Toriyama-Fabula-Nova-Crystallis-cannot-be-stopped/).

nirojan
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
hope the mobile one is as good as lost episode, haven't played before crisis, but the clip of DOC lost episode are crazy!

Nifleheim7
06-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII suspended,Final Fantasy XIII is priority (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/18/versus-xiii-suspended-final-fantasy-xiii-is-priority/)

Crossblades
06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII suspended,Final Fantasy XIII is priority (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/18/versus-xiii-suspended-final-fantasy-xiii-is-priority/)

IGN: Final Fantasy Versus XIII on Hold? No. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/882/882917p1.html)

Nifleheim7
06-19-2008, 07:25 PM

IGN: Final Fantasy Versus XIII on Hold? No. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/882/882917p1.html)

Yeah,read that earlier but somehow i don't believe them (i mean Squarenix).
Kotaku said it best today:"How many game developers do you know of having free time?"

Especially those working on a main Final Fantasy game.

Karellen
06-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Software projects always have slack time. Quite often you'll have several steps that need to be completed before you can move forward with the project and not all of those steps take the same amount of time to complete. That's when certain team members end up with free time.

HVD-7007
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
:DI can't wait untill FFXIII is out

I'ma go get it

but I don't have a PS3 apparently there's a way of moding the 360

O.o whom knows?:confused:

Depression Moon
06-24-2008, 10:07 PM
When is this game going to come out already!? I don't know why I'm so excited I'll probably still won't have a PS3 by the time it comes out.

sexymonkey
06-27-2008, 10:33 PM
do you think any other FNC titles will be annouced during e3/toyko game show/SE august event???

nirojan
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
do you think any other FNC titles will be annouced during e3/toyko game show/SE august event???

Possibly, if you remember back during the compiliation of FFVII series they didn't announce everything all at once they gave it to us slowly!

Dragonsoul
07-23-2008, 05:58 AM

Look for them to possibly say what Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is. I think it's going to be the "Rapture" mmorpg that the Final Fantasy team is making right now. What do you think? :)

It seems that Square Enix's mini-Microsoft event in June was a warmup for E3, and E3 is a warmup for their early August Event, and their early August event is a warmup for their Tokyo Game Show event.

I can't stand this waiting! By the way at the end of the year there is the Jump Festa, but look for something to be announced before then.

I am wondering now if Final Fantasy XIII is going to make it out to Usa in time for a Fall 2008 release.

Hyperion4444
08-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Nice thread.

Characters: What we know so far.
Lightning (Codename): A gunblade (gunsword) weilding girl dress in white and is very athletic.
Blond Guy: A seemingly tall guy, blond and grey coat, who first appeared in the Cloud DVD Trailer, he his seen riding a motorcycle (Likely to be shiva) and weilding multiple firearms such as somekind of Gun (Laser Gun seemingly, trailer) & Rocket Launcher (Screenshot)
Pigtail Girl: Red Headed Pigtail Girls showing up in a natif/primitif area summoning a Carbuncle from a disc
All theses characters appeared before the Xbox 360 Multi-Platform Announcement.
(This just in, Square-Enix declared the disc was a BD :) )

Dragonsoul
08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
The red haired girl is attractive! :choc2:!!!

Hyperion4444
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I wonder who are the other characters.
We're used to having at least 6 characters.
So I can't imagine it being otherwise.

nirojan
10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I wonder who are the other characters.
We're used to having at least 6 characters.
So I can't imagine it being otherwise.

Yeah but even if there are six characters, i hope there are cool secret characters that have cool effects. Like FF7!

Wolf Kanno
10-27-2008, 08:19 AM
There's not really a pre-set quota on how many cast members to have. I think it will depend more on the specs of the system and how ambitious the combat system is. SE is working on new hardware so I am not really expecting major twists and ambitious ideas on IX or XII's scale. If they can get the combat system to work the way I keep thinking its going to work, I would be a happy camper.

The plot sounds intriguing but the over the top cinematics and the fact Nojima is writing for the game has shot down most of the story appeal for me I'm afraid. :eep:

Still it looks promising. :mog:

nirojan
12-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Best buy has posted preorders on it site for Versus. It makes sense seeing the the new trailer said versus was going to be released internationally at the same time!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PlayStation 3
Publisher: Square Enix | SKU: 7917472
Release Date: 12/15/2009
ESRB Rating: RP=Rating Pending
Customer Reviews: 5.0 Read reviews (4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Date: 12/15/2009 Estimate Arrival Time

Store Pickup: Coming Soon

See the Site (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7917472&st=final+fantasy&type=product&id=1149208600820)

Apparently BOX ART PENDING:
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7917/7917472.jpg

Keep ya posted!

cloud45419
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Adding onto the above with best buy's preorder. They seemed to have posted a Price: $59.99 USD if you go to the site it's clear as day!

WorkThoseStripes
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Jump Festa 2009 description that I found somewhere in the world wide web. This isn't mine, I'm not sure who originally wrote it, but it's a description of the FFXIII trailer recently shown.

'I've just come back from Jump Festa's Sunday and have run through the Megatheater twice.
The Versus and Agito trailers are the same as the ones that were shown at TGS, I do believe.
The FFXIII trailers (there were two separate trailers shown) had little repeat footage from previous trailers. Please keep in mind, the following is just from the notes I took, and isn't necessarily any more accurate other accounts.
Open the full article for my account. It got really long.
As for the new characters..
I would not call the big new male character's hairstyle an afro, but his hair does look like somebody put a tube over his head and then his scalp exploded, permanently frying his hair up in fine DBZ fashion. It's not long and ridiculously spiky, though. Just... exploded. His hair is VERY orange, and he either has it shaved into thin zig zag shave patterns on the sides of his head or he has a lot of tiny zig zagging braids there. He appears to be wearing a frayed or fur trimmed blue vest and is pretty clearly black. He is wearing off-white to khaki colored long shorts with simple gold patterns on them. He also has a silver necklace with a rectangular, flat silver pendant, wide sides horizontal. He's present mostly in the prison break scenes, helping Snow and the other new male and female characters, although he is the only character I was able to identify for sure on the train with Lightning before she broke out.
As for the younger new male, the first thing that came to my mind upon seeing him was Gippal, probably because of his blond hair and main colors pink and black outfit. He wears goggle-like headgear on his forehead. He does not look 'shota' to me, but he does look young compared to Lightning, Snow and big black new dude. He is blond. He looks to be older than pigtails girl by a couple years. He does talk with an affect. For people who know some Japanese, he tacks 'sska' onto the end of 'ja nai ka' questions to make 'ja nai sska' and 'ja nai ssu'. I don't know exactly the real life implications of the affect, whether its regional, age or culture, but it does exist in real Japanese speech. He seems to often have complaints about situations and courses of action, but help out regardless.
New female character reminds me of Yuffie a little, but her hair is at least shoulder length and appears to be tied back. She does not appear to be very patient. She has a purplish butterfly tattoo visible on her shoulder from the back. I think it's her right shoulder. Her outfit's colors are yellow, white and purple. She is wearing a very short, ruffled layered yellow skirt. She shows considerable amounts of skin compared to Lightning and Vanille. She's also wearing something like knee high fishnet socks. I believe she is shown using a gun.
As for what's happening in the actual trailer, there seems to be two separate parts being told at the same time.
First, there is Lightning rescuing Oerba Dia Vanille on a train with the three new characters and Snow. This scene takes place in the very green colored area with all the train tracks suspended in the air, visible in this image.
I'm not sure about the trailers' order of shown events, as both covered similar events while including different scenes, but the story follows this way..
Lightning and the new black character are on the prisoners' train, dressed in the same white outfits we have seen Oerba Dia Vanille wear when she is captured. They are sitting with several other prisoners. All of them are restrained by some kind of force from the wrist areas of the clothes they are wearing. They talk quietly and briefly to each other, and suddenly the train hits what appears to be some kind of force field barricade set up on its tracks, and begins to run out of control. Lightning jumps out to attack and crushes a remote control-like device with her foot, releasing all the prisoners from their hand bindings. Lightning waves her hand past her hip and begins to generate what looks like an electrical field around herself but appears to be connected to her gravity based abilities.
The large dragon-like flying beasts we have seen before attack the out of control train, seemingly in an attempt to stop Lightning from hijacking it. She shoots at them from the train with a large bazooka-like gun. Eventually they knock the train off its tracks.
The fighting ends up outside, where all the other new characters plus Snow join in. Snow breaks a speaker that seems to be droning out commands from the Holy Government in his entrance scene. Lightning and company have a lot of help in the form of what appears to be a small rebel force, armed with what appear to be standard, bullet-firing guns of fair power. Some of the train rails have been destroyed by the fighting, and the rebels assisting Lightning and company are entrenched in the rubble.
The people who escaped the train when Lightning broke out want to help them fight, and eventually Snow consents to letting them figh to. Among the escapees is Oerba Dia Vanille, who Snow gives a gun to. She takes it, pretends to aim it at an enemy, and says "Bang!"
The fighting seems to get worse, and a heavily armored enemy airship arrives. It blows away a good portion of the resisting fighters with one cannon blast, and Snow is knocked off the train rail while attempting to rescue another fighter and falls from view.
The scene changes to Lightning on a platform with a character who does not appear to be a main playable character by lack of remarkable clothing (His name is possibly Sazzu by the menus). The other character is a male in very plain clothing, although he appears to follow her around for some time as she moves and fights, possibly a guide character.
Lots of fight scenes are strung together, seemingly more for the purpose of showing off the battle menues than carrying the story forward, as eventually it breaks off to the second main storyline focus area: Lightning, Snow and Vanille in the frozen-looking lake area.
There are scenes of them fighting both monsters and soldiers there, and at one point Snow summons Shiva and uses her in battle to attack. Among his menus when using Shiva are attacks called "Diamond Dust" and "Engine". The attack he performs causes damage in many separate increments. In a scene we've seen in magazine scans, Vanille mentions she has seen "that" before, she thinks, although what "it" is is unclear.
Depending on which trailer you're watching, a dialogue about someone named Sera plays either over a scene near the battle at the train tracks area or in lip synch between Lightning and Snow in the frozen lake area, where Snow mentions Sera and Lightning becomes angry at him for not saving Sera, claiming it was his fault that whatever happened to her happened. Snow seems to believe that he can still save her, but Lightning thinks nothing can be done about it anymore. She hits him twice, and both appear to be near tears. He stops her with something he says about what he thinks he can do. (I believe she asks "What is it you think you can do, huh?" in regards to how to save Sera and he replies "Anything!")The blue golem-like creatures are present during some of the voice over conversation. It seems they are somehow connected to what happened to Sera. (Sorry, I'm fairly unsure about the goings on outside the train fighting scenes).
Throughout the train section of the trailers, many, many charactes are shown, most of whom appear to be rebel fighters and escapees from the train, but I've only described in detail the ones who have been seen in gameplay combat or who have unique clothing.
At some point in time (it's shown at the beginning of a trailer, but I can't pin it down chronologically), Vanille is shown standing outside in her white hooded outfit in the green-lit train area, and she mentions the "beginning of the end of the world."
The large green creature/statue like object in the first linked image also features quite prominently in the trailer, but I'm not sure what it is or what it means. In the version where talk of Sera is dubbed over the train scenes, it appears quite often while the conversation plays.'

nirojan
03-21-2009, 03:25 AM
just had to bring it up:
ARE THERE 3 NEW CHARACTER OR ARN'T THERE?
ive read both threads and it soo damn confusing!

Gilghamut
04-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Just a little reminder, we're only a day or so away from the Demo releasing in Japan. My pre-order status for the ACC+Demo is at 'Preparing'.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Was reading Playstation Magazine and they had an article on FFXIII. Here's a few new things I've learned about the game. WARNING!!! THAR' BE SPOILERS IN THESE POSTS!!! ARGH!!!

The jungle stage we've seen with Obera moving through is actually a part of Cocoon...

Obera skips when she runs

Lightning's "Gravity" power is a leftover from her days in PSICOM. Its not connected to her I'Cie powers.

Sahz is apparently an ex-soldier like Lightning

Apparently the bulk of the story takes place in Cocoon while the majority of Pulse may in fact be optional.

Pulse is open ended with lots of life and scenery a la FFXII...

Cocoon can be seen in the sky orbiting Pulse as you travel in game and its quite visually stunning I must say from just viewing the screenshots.

Lots of effort was put into the visuals of the game, especially the battle system.

The team hints to there being more crystals than just the two that control Cocoon and Pulse.

The Fa'Ciel are hinted by the team to be beings that serve the crystal and are simialr to the Shinto belief in Kami. By this, there are innumerable Fa'Ciel and each only controls one aspect of the Crystals power and governs part of its dominion.

In addition to each having differnt powers and places they govern, the monsters are said to be different depending on which Fa'Ciel territory you are in. The Behemoth seen in the demo is created by the Cocoon Fa'Ciel and looks mechanical while the Pulse Behomth will be wild and more "natural" looking.

I'Ciel are people chosen by the Fa'Ciel to perform a specific task. They are given several abilites, summons being one of them...

When the Shiva sister tansforms into a bike, an input command takes the place of the normal command screen and different control inputs make them do different things. (sounds like the flyer for one of them new sex robots)

The team has hinted that Odin (Lightning's Summon) will transform in a very simialr manner to Shiva. Playstaion Magazine specualtes Odin transforms into a Cyborg Sleipner for Lightning to ride into battle.

You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by.

Your party A.I. can set up follow ups and cover for for your lead character. This usually happens randomly but the XIII team hints there is a way to get the A.I. to do what you want without manually switching control to them...

Overall, I'm a bit pleased with the new gameplay details and the world details are incredibly fascinating, I just wish I didn't know in the back of my mind that the Fa'Ciel are probably going to look incredibly stupid to fit in with the games world design. I'm still smacking my head in disbelief concerning the Summons "Action Vehicle Mode". It sounds even more ridiculous now...

Rantz
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM

xD

VeloZer0
06-29-2009, 02:09 PM
You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by.

Not to seem overly nostalgic, but I kind of miss actually playing the JRPGs I buy.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Depends on how they do it, I actually missed having good A.I. partners in Persona 4 and found doing commands manually to slow down combat...

Yet, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Elpizo
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Excuse me while I roar with laughter. People complained the gambits from XII took away your control over your party, and now XIII comes along with AI party members and no gambits (that we know of, yet). Yet I bet that those who complained about the gambits will love this game anyway, because it's "a true Final Fantasy" or some such thing.

Or perhaps, there will be those who will be disappointed with the even further reduced control.

In the end, I lol'd, for it IS funny, in an ironic way.

VeloZer0
06-30-2009, 01:03 AM
"The game is being tuned so that individual battles are tough and you won't win unless you think."

"You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by."

Finally found the quote I was looking for. I don't see how they can tune a heavily AI reliant game to involve allot of thought on your part. Having a computer think for you is kind of the polar opposite in fact.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't know, I felt the Gambit system allowed a lot for the players input. It really spoiled me cause now when I play games with A.I. I really wish I could modify their scripts.

From what I've been reading, XIII is sounding a bit more like Star Ocean.

Skyblade
06-30-2009, 03:39 AM

xD

Unfortunately, this is taken out of context. The actually magazine article says the Oebra skips through puddles in the jungle section on Cocoon. When I read it, I was under the impression that the skipping was part of a cutscene intro to the area, not her activity the entire time. She might skip throughout the game, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Rantz
06-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Damn it.

nirojan
01-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Just an update"

apparetly there's a new fragrance:
Final Fantasy XIII Toilet Water is Coming Soon - final fantasy XII - Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5414090/final-fantasy-xiii-toilet-water-is-coming-soon)

and who remembers those crappy drink from FF7? well they're back for XIII:
Final Fantasy XIII Drink Dated - final fantasy XII - Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5388188/final-fantasy-xiii-drink-dated)

PS. cant believe this thread lasted for 4 years!

Depression Moon
01-07-2010, 01:37 AM
I wonder what if elixirs taste like soda? Either way I have to get one because it comes with a figurine.