PDA

View Full Version : High Quality Gameplay SMG!

Tidus Andronicus
05-12-2006, 06:14 AM
IGN posted a High Quality gameplay video of Super Mario Galaxy today.
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748588/vids_1.html

I for one, am very excited to see the graphics of this game, its simply amazing, and it looks pretty fun to play too!

It would seem that Nintendo is making this game not only to continue their Mario series, but also to show off the power of the Wii. (as well as the power of the Wiimote.)
The visuals of moving from planet to planet, all the perfectly round surfaces, even the prerendered quality of Mario's face, as well as his mustash!
What looks the best to me, is the often depth changes, as the camera zooms out to see whole planets then back in to see how detailed they are up close, all without any frame rate slowdown, lag, or even those 'jaggies'!

I think this PROVES that we don't have to worry about the Nintendo Wii's graphics anymore! ^_~
Who cares about the numbers, when it looks good! I dont care if PS3 and 360 sport HD, and I don't see why the difference between Wii and 360/PS3 even matters anymore!
I certainly said "WOW" when I saw this game!

Shaun
05-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow. Beautiful.

Maxico
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
So it's set on small planetoids?

Didn't Ratchet and Clank do something very similar a while ago?

But apart from that it looks very nice, the lighting in particular.

Tidus Andronicus
05-12-2006, 07:59 PM
So it's set on small planetoids?

Didn't Ratchet and Clank do something very similar a while ago?
As far as I can tell, the gameplay we've seen so far, seems to take place on those little planet things. Maybe from lvl to lvl the theme might change a little. I dono... It seems like Mario 64, where each lvl your goal is to get a star, and from the videos, there was not a star on each planet thing, only one after a boss... So obviously the planets aren't lvls in themselves, more like mini puzzles to get the end of the lvl.
I did notice that in some screenshots/vids u could see a very big planet below with a horizon off in the distance... which looked very very beautiful. So maybe, you start off leaving the main planet, and progressing through space to battle some enemy thats sending those planet things at Mario's home planet? XD who knows...

BTW, anyone see those (assumed) fake screenshots a month ago... one of them had Mario jumping over a moon-like surface... lol that makes me wonder if they really were fake.

~SapphireStar~
05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Looks interesting, although the guy in one vid didnt have a clue, someone had to tell him. Hope its going to be easy to handle.

Tidus Andronicus
05-12-2006, 08:18 PM
haha! i found it!
http://www.nintendoglobal.net/cutenews/data/upimages/mario_REVO_1.jpg
Kind of an odd coincidence? even if its not a screenshot, the theme/look is simmilar. Looks like a moon surface or something, plus mario's proportions look just like in the video.
Just thought I'd bring that up, cause this was a supposed leak months ago.

Looks interesting, although the guy in one vid didnt have a clue, someone had to tell him. Hope its going to be easy to handle.
Anyway, yah that guy controlling Mario didn't figure out the puzzles fast enough.
Each person playing the Demos was only aloud like 10-15 minutes or so... so to get them through the whole demo so they could experiance everything, they had people there helping out the guys playing the games.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2006, 08:23 PM
This is easily the game I am most looking forward to for the Wii. n_n

Tidus Andronicus
05-12-2006, 08:32 PM
This is easily the game I am most looking forward to for the Wii. n_n
^_^ I think this, and Zelda TP. Those will probably be the first things I'll want to buy... although, depending on my buget... XD there is a LOT of other games I want too.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-13-2006, 12:17 AM
looks new and fresh