PDA

View Full Version : The Color Pink...

Millia Billia
05-12-2006, 10:11 PM
What do you think of it? I love it and wear it, although some years ago that was looked down upon apparently it's cool now for a guy.

And aside of Pink specifically, what is your favorite color and why?

Chris
05-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a couple of pink shirts, and I'm a guy. Yeah, pink seems more acceptable for guys to wear now.

Shoeberto
05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I have a pink shirt, but it's a dude punching the head off another dude, so it's really awesome.

Denmark
05-12-2006, 10:20 PM
red is my favorite color but i typically wear blue because it totally goes with my eyes

and i own nothing that is pink.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Pink is okay... I despise yellow though.

Red is my favorite. Unless darkness is a color.

Ramza Beoulve
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't really like it, but I don't care if someone use it.

My colors... well, the bloody red and the marine blue, and well, the Black, though it isn't a color n.nU

Miriel
05-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I like pink. Not so much for clothing though.

Tavrobel
05-12-2006, 10:23 PM
The "color" that I like is not technically a color, so I can't tell you what it is, because it is defined specifically, as the lack of color.

I don't own anything pink, but I have alot of slightly faded red shirts.

Necronopticous
05-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Pink is my favorite color. In fact, I like it so much I wrote a poem about it last year.

Venom
05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Meh, its too bright.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I like Blue better.

Yuffie514
05-12-2006, 11:48 PM
i hate that color, except for the more supreme variation of which it is derived: red. i have at least one shirt with some pink in it and some rather pinkish stuff which nobody outside my house has to know about :shifty: . i rather wear something that is brown and crummy :tongue: .

rubah
05-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't look good in pink, so I rarely wear it.

It's pretty though.

Levian
05-12-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm a boy so I have been trained to hate pink since I was born. Alabama too, but that's a whole other story.

Alive-Cat
05-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I think pink does nothing but bring out the beautiful tones in Bladen's eyes. :cool: (I admit that somebody wearing sunglasses was a completely inadequate smillie, seeing as this post was about eyes.)

Faris
05-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't like pink. :(

kikimm
05-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I never used to like it all that much, and I still don't know if I really do, but I own a lot of pink clothing. It's cute I guess.

My favourite colour is burgundy though. :heart: Beautiful.

Madonna
05-13-2006, 12:59 AM
I use Fluffy Puff.

Ryth
05-13-2006, 01:14 AM
I don't really like pink much at all. Especially on clothing. My favorite color is red and well, I'll say black anyway, even though it's not actually a color.

MadHero
05-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I have bad memories involving the word Pink and it's misrepresentations from childish youth :(

Shlup
05-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Pink makes the world go 'round.

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I have a couple of pink shirts, and I'm a guy. Yeah, pink seems more acceptable for guys to wear now.

Because guys are looking like girls more and more, specially caucasians but that's MY opinion. Also, guys are girlier than ever before *cough* emos, punks, etc.

There's something REALLY wrong with society.

Anyway, black and blue for me

DeathKnight

Millia Billia
05-13-2006, 01:37 AM
How so? Who determines what each gender is supposed to dress, talk, walk, and think like? It changes with the time and place.

DeathKnight
05-13-2006, 01:39 AM
How so? Who determines what each gender is supposed to dress, talk, walk, and think like? It changes with the time and place.

Well these times are crap then! *warps back to the 1990s!*:love:

Mokoto
05-13-2006, 09:14 PM
well pinks known to make men seen as secure when they wear it and men like to show theya re secure which made it popular. I like the color pink but i can never find any decent pink shirts because they dont match with my other clothes.

Ashley Schovitz
05-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Pink is gay, I mean femine for men, but it's okay for us and my favorite color is yellow by the way.

Da Moogle
05-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I enjoy dark pink. Bright pink, or bright colors in general, don't mix very well with me. They literally sting my eyes.

I prefer dark red and blue, and black on occasion. Also white because it's pure.....

Ashley Schovitz
05-13-2006, 09:20 PM
black on occasion. Also white because it's pure.....
You're saying that white is more pure than white, you must be white huh?

Chloe.
05-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I like Blue better.

Old Manus
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Pink is an awful singer, therefore so is the colour (that's colour with a U)

Yooniece
05-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I used to despise every color. Now, the only color I refuse to wear is orange.

Pink has definitely snuck its way into my closet in the recent years. Peachy-pink tones complement my skin =)

Khaotic
05-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I use the color sometimes in graphical type stuff online, but I don't tend to wear it in terms of clothing.

Dreddz
05-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Pinks cool, I have a Pink DS :)

Zeldy
05-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I wear Pink a fair amount. Its cute, and it really suits me.

T-MaN
05-14-2006, 01:02 AM
I don't think I'll ever wear pink.

Vincent, Thunder God
05-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Actually I am annoyed by pink-wearing men. Men can wear red... but pink? I wouldn't be caught dead in pink, even if it's the new style. In fact, I never pay attention to the current fashion anyway so that I can look more individualistic. I buy clothes that are commercially sold, but that few people wear.

ZeZipster
05-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Ok I just want to clarify one thing:

PINK DOES NOT MAKE YOU GAY.
LIKING IT IN THE ASS DOES.

Shut-up. I wear pink. I don't give a crap if it makes me look feminate or gay. Any guy who does is a stupid homophobe.

<B>EDIT: Don't use that kind of language and don't call people stupid. -Murder</b>

Millia Billia
05-14-2006, 03:21 AM

Actually, that's not completely true. But I won't go into that. :p

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm down with pink. :love:

Vincent, Thunder God
05-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Ok I just want to clarify one thing:

Shut-up. I wear pink. I don't give a crap if it makes me look feminate or gay. Any guy who does is a stupid homophobe.

I wasn't saying it makes a guy look gay. In fact, not only do I have nothing against gay people (I myself am actually quite concerned with lowering discrimination against gay people) I don't think pink-wearing guys look gay. It just annoys me a little. The main reason I don't like it is that the contrast with guys features doesn't work well. Think about it. The strong features of a guy, the brightness of pink. I just don't find it looks that good.

Then again, perhaps my original post was a little too harsh. Individual expression is very important, so if guys like wearing pink as a style... they can. It's just not my style.

Acid Raine
05-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Pink's okay. I dont wear anything pink, but I dont usually wear anything much besides the classic black shirt/blue pants, so, not wearing a color doesnt mean I dont like it. One thing I dont get however, is pink is considered the de facto "female" colour. If thats it, then what's the male color? It might be blue, because of the way they sort stuff for babies........

Anyways....back on topic topic

Purple is the pwnliest colour of all. It is my favorite color I mean, what is more awesome than purple? Seriously folks, I dare you to tell me. (yes, I did alternate between 'color' and 'colour'. I did it on purpose)

-N-
05-14-2006, 04:27 AM
I like pink, but I don't think I look good in it. :\

Blue used to be my favorite color (still is), but I'm more into brown now. :p

escobert
05-14-2006, 04:31 AM
I have a pink shirt or two. My favorite colors is either blue black or red, I can't choose,

Clouded Sky
05-14-2006, 05:09 AM
HAWT PINK IS TOTALLY MY FAVE!

But seriously. I like hot pink. And I think it is my favorite colour. In general, I like bright, annoying, attention grabbing colours. Maybe I have a disorder?

Monster Hunt
05-14-2006, 05:19 AM
I don't really like pink... brings me back bad memories (memoirs, hee hee)

Leene
05-14-2006, 08:28 AM
:save:i love pink but my favourite colour is bluelike the sky...:save:

boris no no
05-14-2006, 09:33 AM
If the man is gay, sure wear pink otherwise its a girls colour
Maybe I'm being sexist? nah. Pink is so femmine and....girl like.

I love it of course ;D

Rusty
05-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Pink is heaps good.

Old Manus
05-14-2006, 02:18 PM

Actually, that's not completely true. But I won't go into that. :p
I would :love:

Anaisa
05-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Clouded sky! You made me think Shauna was back for a second! :mad2: I like pink. I'm wearing pink right now actually. I don't find men wearing pink odd. I think it's just one of those things you've been taught, "Pink is a girls colour", so you believe it to be true.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-14-2006, 04:14 PM
My bedroom is pink, my hair used to be pink, slowly but surely all my clothes seem to be turning pink... so yeah I totally hate pink it sucks!!!

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 04:15 PM
I love pink, I have a few pink tops.

Iceglow
05-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't own any pink clothes though one of my red and white T-shirts made the white bits go a little pink...ooops. Yet how can I not like pink to an extent? Kitten is either in pink or similar all week and I pretty much spend a lot of time in her 2 tone pink bedroom.

Jess
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Pink is probably my favourite colour. I'm going to paint my room Pink soon. :spin:

SammieBabe
05-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I hate pink....:mad2:

High Summoner
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I like pink. It's like a real cool color to wear in the summer where im from. I have some pink dress shirts and pants. Some people think pink is only like for valley girls and stuff like that. That things is wearing down though. Around my way boys are wearing pink all the time. It makes them look cool and touch etc. But I really dont see anything wrong with the color.:love:

Reles
05-14-2006, 10:07 PM
At work, if I were to do a survey on how many guys choose pink, it would come out 50% pink, 50% any other color. Most males prefer the color pink, but that's probably just these days. I think pink is okay, I have a few shirts that are pink, but it definitely isn't one of my favorites. My favorite colors happen to be green and orange. I love orange more and more each day.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-15-2006, 12:56 AM
I'd be totally happy to wear a pink belt and bracelets or something but only with black. and I don't like to wear a whole lot of pink... I wouldn't wear a pink shirt unless i had something over it.
A pink belt and a few wrist bands will do me fine. :D

My favourite colours are Pink (with black) Acid Green, red and Black... can't decide.. :D

Evastio
05-15-2006, 01:13 AM
I think pink looks really pretty on girls. :love:

Acid Raine
05-15-2006, 02:00 AM
<!--This is totally my favorite color. You cant go wrong with Leeza!

~Acid-->*snip*

Do not impersonate a mod again. ~ Leeza

Is wasnt an impersonation. It was an homage.

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't care what anyone says, pink is a colour that screams 'female'. I don't see a problem with this at all. It's a fine colour. I just happen to think that if a guy is wearing pink, he's either trying to show that he's really feminine, or else he's trying to rebel against something. I don't think he's wearing it without really thinking "I'm going to go out of my way to wear pink." If a guy wears pink, he's trying to stand out in some kind of way or for some kind of reason.

I think girls can look good in pink, but not guys. Sexist? I suppose you could say that. But to say that girls and guys should be exactly alike with everything in their life is to ignore the fact that we are actually two different genders and have our own things that we do.

Miriel
05-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I've probably posted this, two, three times by now in various threads about the color pink, but traditionally, pink was always considered a boy color. Pink was seen to be a more powerful and bold a color than blue which was considered feminine and delicate. Even up until the early 1900s, pink was associated with boys, and blue for girls. The associations with both the colors only started to reverse around the mid 1900s.

So yeah. The colors themselves aren't exactly feminine or masculine. It's basically social conditioning that makes you associate one color for a particular gender.

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 12:53 PM
That's all good and well, and for all I know, green was a strictly girl colour in BC times, and yellow was a strictly guy colour. But for my entire life and most likely well beyond that time, pink has been a girl colour and my point still stands that if a guy is wearing pink, he's gone out of his way to do so. There are possibly some exceptions out there that people can come up with but 95-99% of the time I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Pink, in today's culture, is a girl colour. That's just the way it is, and you can rebel all you like but it doesn't change it.

Shaun
05-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I think it's lame. My favourite colours would include golden sandy yellow, blue, black, and white.

Reine
05-15-2006, 02:51 PM
My favourite colours are dark blue, black, and silver. Purple is also good, but it depends on the shade. Also, I wouldnt wear purple clothes, purple is often considered a girl colour too.

I have no trouble with girls wearing pink, but guys,,it just seems wrong to me.

My least favourite colours would be red and yellow...well, dark red goes well with black, but otherwise, I dont like it.

I pretty much like all shades of blue really. I liked blue as a kid, and never grew out of it. Also, I dont really beleive all this "black isnt a colour" thing. Seems to be a new fad saying that, sure, every colour if darkened enough, becomes black, and if lightened enough, becomes white. That doesnt mean its not an official colour though. I mean, pink is basically red/purple, and many other colours would be ruled out with the whole "shade vs. colour" thing.

chaos_ghost
05-16-2006, 07:37 AM
pink isn't one of my fav's, but I do own three pink shirts and a pair of pink and black Jordans(for the record, I'm a guy). I also have a liking to purple because of my sports teams.

Miriel
05-16-2006, 07:58 AM
That's all good and well, and for all I know, green was a strictly girl colour in BC times, and yellow was a strictly guy colour. But for my entire life and most likely well beyond that time, pink has been a girl colour and my point still stands that if a guy is wearing pink, he's gone out of his way to do so. There are possibly some exceptions out there that people can come up with but 95-99% of the time I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Pink, in today's culture, is a girl colour. That's just the way it is, and you can rebel all you like but it doesn't change it.
Yeah, but I'm just sayin' that there isn't anything inherently feminine about the color pink. :greenie:

Slade
05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Pink is an awsome colour. The main reason? Because it is spawned from red and red is the BEST colour. Other reasons include Pink Floyd, Pigs, Marshmellows and strawberry milk :cool:

Del Murder
05-17-2006, 04:23 AM
I would look weird in pink.

StarChild
05-17-2006, 04:40 AM
I don't wear pink, just doesn't look good on me. My favorite colors are blue and silver, but the majority of my clothes are black ^__^