PDA

View Full Version : Aqua

Millia Billia
05-12-2006, 11:00 PM
What did you think of them? I absolutely love their pointless, childish sounding fun music, particularly "Happy Boys & Girls" and "Cartoon Heros". :)

Venom
05-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I really dislike the music they make.

Chris
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Their music is totally pointless. But if you listen to it just for fun, I guess it's not that bad at all.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Arent they the ones that sing that Barbie Girl song? Annoying out of my mind. :)

Millia Billia
05-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Arent they the ones that sing that Barbie Girl song? Annoying out of my mind. :)
Yes, that's them, but "Barbie Girl" is probably my least favorite song by them.

Chris
05-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I actually like "Cartoon Heroes" and "Dr. Jones". :(

Shoden
05-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Barbie Girl was a very disturbing song, and the videos to their songs were weird as hell.

Germ Hamee
05-13-2006, 12:22 AM
I love Aqua, with their terribly perverted and sarcastic lyrics disguised as poppy pre-teen music. I really admired that they were devoted to growing as artists, and I'm kind of sad that they broke up before releasing their third album. The clips I heard sounded NOTHING like the Aqua of Aquarium days.

Giga Guess
05-13-2006, 01:07 AM
I love Aqua, with their terribly perverted and sarcastic lyrics disguised as poppy pre-teen music. I really admired that they were devoted to growing as artists, and I'm kind of sad that they broke up before releasing their third album. The clips I heard sounded NOTHING like the Aqua of Aquarium days.

*GASP* THey were working on a THIRD album?! Dammit all!

I kinda liked 'em. They were okay for just something fun to listen to.

Levian
05-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Cartoon Heroes ain't all that bad. Otherwise, I guess it's more the kind of music you listened to when you were a kid.

starseeker
05-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I think they're music is cool. Its just so random and funny.

Acid Raine
05-13-2006, 09:25 AM
They arent bad. The hyper-sugary songs like Barbie Girl and Candyman can get on your nerves, but listen to songs like "Aquarius" and "We Belong to the Sea". Your opinion of them will change.

Cid Vicious
05-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Most of their stuff was pure evil. :radred:
But Turn Back Time was a good song.
When they were serious with their music they were'nt that bad.
And the girl was hot. :hot:

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2006, 11:27 AM
They were so insane and pointless they were awesome. Barbie Girl and Doctor Jones were hilariously stupid. xD

I kind of agree with Levian, I thought they were brilliant when I was little. And The Venga Boys. :cool:

Oh man I really want to listen to The Venga Boys now. :mad2:

Old Manus
05-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I remember the music only because it is always played at 5-year old birthday parties by some 'hip' and 'urban' DJ who has a small p - laylist

Samuraid
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I really dislike the music they make.

Itsunari 2000
05-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Aqua ? Oh, the Scandinavian pop band, with the bald guy ?

Their music was painfully happy.

Zeldy
05-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Aqua ? Oh, the Scandinavian pop band, with the bald guy ?

Oooh. I didn't know they was Scandinavian :]

I used to absoloutly love them. I always used to play their cassette in the car when I was little.

Itsunari 2000
05-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah - of course, there must be many Scandinavian bands who just happen to have folicularly men in them. Who cares, really ? I just remember them for their nationality, a chromedome and irritating music.

rubah
05-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I love Aqua xD They are a ton of fun in the sun. But really I prefer their first cd.

It's like the best music ever for coloring. I can pop it in the computer and turn my speakers way up and color for hours. I have to take tracks out, like Good Morning Sunshine (I hate that song xD) That and Be a Man and Turn Back Time.

Everything else is awesome xD I think I like My Oh My, Dr. Jones, and Candyman the best. I remember being really little and skating at Skate Station listening to that song:D Good times^_^

I didn't like Aquarius nearly as much-- I had a thing for Cartoon Heroes and Freaky Friday, but they didn't age as well as the songs on Aquarium.

Did Aquarium really just come out in 1997? It seems like I remember it from so long before that:O

Anaisa
05-13-2006, 08:15 PM
When I was about ten, (I think) somebody paid me to sing one of their awful songs. I think it was the one about Barbie. So I took the cash and did it. Later they denied ever giving me the money and pretended to everyone that I wanted to do it of my own accord. So since then I've passionately despised Aqua! People still make jokes about me being an Aqua fan. :mad2:

Breine
05-14-2006, 08:36 PM
*sigh* I'm from Denmark and I think it's really sad that Aqua is probably the best known Danish band outside Denmark... ever!

What is even more sad is the fact that I actually own their Aquarium CD... I think every Dane was part of the Aqua-craze back in the days.

Lene, the female lead-singer, actually made a solo CD that flopped and Søren, on of the DJs (the one with the spiky blonde hair), released a spoken-word CD last year - I think - that did quite OK...

Chris
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
*sigh* I'm from Denmark and I think it's really sad that Aqua is probably the best known Danish band outside Denmark... ever!

What is even more sad is the fact that I actually own their Aquarium CD... I think every Dane was part of the Aqua-craze back in the days.

Lene, the female lead-singer, actually made a solo CD that flopped and Søren, on of the DJs (the one with the spiky blonde hair), released a spoken-word CD last year - I think - that did quite OK...
Oh, so she did make a CD? Lene, bleh. I can't stand her singing voice! It's so obvious that it's nothing but a gimmick. Her speaking voice sounds totally different. Best known band? I don't agree with that statement. The Savage Rose did actually achieve huge success back in the 60's and 70's.

Breine
05-14-2006, 08:55 PM

Oh, so she did make a CD? Lene, bleh. I can't stand her singing voice! It's so obvious that it's nothing but a gimmick. Her speaking voice sounds totally different. Best known band? I don't agree with that statement. The Savage Rose did actually achieve huge success back in the 60's and 70's.

Oh, I hope you're right because I totally dig The Savage Rose. They're one of the greatest bands ever to come out of Denmark... Thomas Koppel (The writer/producer) unfortunately died a couple of weeks ago, so the band probably won't continue making new music. So sad.

Chris
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Wait, Thomas Koppel is dead? NO MORE SAVAGE ROSE. Sorry for spamming. :whimper:

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 09:08 PM
But Turn Back Time was a good song.
Indeed, that was an excellent song.

Vava
05-14-2006, 10:38 PM
I thoght that this band was a German band because it was so annoying XD

Acid Raine
05-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Vava, that was racist, and I dont think anyone is 'exdee' ing with you.

Oh, so she did make a CD? Lene, bleh. I can't stand her singing voice! It's so obvious that it's nothing but a gimmick. Her speaking voice sounds totally different.
It is. Like I said, songs like 'Aquarius' and 'We Belong To The Sea' she uses her real voice (which isnt bad). And, it was a damn sucessful gimmick, if I do say so myself. Who doesnt immediatly recognise Aqua when they hear "I'm a Barbie Girl"? That squeaky voice worked. Sounds hard on the throat, though...

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Cartoon Heroes was good. Barbie Girl and Dr. Jones were okay if you hear them for the first time in ages, purely because you can go "Haha, I remember that song! I think I'll listen to it now." But certainly not something I'd keep on my computer or anything.

Shoden
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone ever heard the Rammstein cover of barbie girl?