PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Strolls and Public Toilets

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-13-2006, 12:45 AM
two topics in one thread
I just been out on a midnight walk in the heart of London. Amazing the once-usually crowded streets are almost isolated, only vehicles going up and down are taxis/buses, drunks on the street, pubs still open, someone getting questioned by police. Have you ever been on a midnight walk wherever you live?

Also what experiences have you had with public toilets? I sense some one-way traffic coming here

Chris
05-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Also what experiences have you had with public toilets? I sense some one-way traffic coming here
I don't think you really wanna know. *Faints*

Levian
05-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Socializing with people while taking a wizz ain't all that great. When there's 8 urinals on the wall and a guy comes in and picks the one next to you, you know it's a bad thing. And then you get it confirmed when he says "Cold weather outside today."

Yuffie514
05-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Have you ever been on a midnight walk wherever you live?
midnight stroll with cockroaches...no thanks. but while visiting Asian cities like Pattaya (Thailand) and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) - i've seen the most beautiful wonders of the night:

* night-time flea markets, vendors, 24-hr restaurants
* my aunt, parents and i sat down at a place to eat durian the old-fashioned way
* J-walking is defined here, crazy traffic; never seen an accident, ever
* most toilets i've seen/used are normal except for Malaysia which had a combination of 1) regular flushing toilet and 2) a big hole in the ground and water next to the toilet, with possibility of NO PAPER!

Peegee
05-13-2006, 01:36 AM
lol Yami.

I've done so in Toronto, Windsor, Guelph, and Hong Kong (the cities I've lived in for more than a night).

Other places too but they don't count -- only did it once.

:)

escobert
05-13-2006, 05:57 AM
I go on midnight walks all the time, hell I'll be going on one soon since I need to walk to my house :p I refuse to speak of public toilets :p

Shlup
05-13-2006, 06:09 AM
I haven't been on a midnight walk where I currently live because it's not a very good neighborhood. But before I moved here I used to be out after midnight fairly regular.

Hawkeye
05-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Public toliets? I walked up to a urinal once, looked straight infront of me at the wall, and there was writing on it that said, "Why are you looking up here for? The joke is in your hand."

I cried. :cry:

eestlinc
05-13-2006, 06:38 AM
I used to go wander around Cincinnati at 2am when I was in college. You meet some interesting people doing that. I never took anything with me, except for my drivers license, house key, and a $10 in case I got mugged. I never did, probably because I'm a big mean-looking guy, but it's generally a good idea to have some small amount of money to give your mugger. If you don't have anything they are liable to get mad and hurt you or something.

Best public toilet experience was in Aspen, Colorado at 3am.

nik0tine
05-13-2006, 06:38 AM
nope, i don't want to take a walk with cockroaches. Mesa Arizona, you mean?

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2006, 06:49 AM
I finish work at about midnight so it's not unusual for me to be walking through the city at that time. It's very bustly at that time of night in Sydney but once you get out to the suburbs, it's pretty much dead.

The toilets at uni are in awesome condition. I've taken a few dumps there and I'm not scarred for life or anything. Come to think of it, I don't really have an issue with public toilets. Provided that I REALLY REALLY need to go and I can't hold it in until I get home, I can totally number two in any toilet (pretty much)

eestlinc
05-13-2006, 06:52 AM
the worst were the latrines at boy scout camp. i used to try to hold my crap in all week but by Thursday I'd invariably have to give in.

-N-
05-13-2006, 07:31 AM
When you can go in barefoot at public toilets, you can handle just about anything.

I do a lot of midnight walks - I've learned that all big cities are the same. It's the smaller cities that retain the culture and feel of whatever country you're in. Big cities are all globalized and homogenized. It's not a bad thing, but it does get repetitive.

Dreddz
05-13-2006, 07:48 AM
You should try walking through London at 3-5am, its mad. Midnight is usually filled with drunks, police, and police arresting drunks. Im not usually walking the streets at those times, but ive had to walk across the river a few times to get to waterloo.
At for public toilets, Im more comftable behind a tree, I dont feel like im catching some disease or something....

escobert
05-13-2006, 08:28 AM
At for public toilets, Im more comftable behind a tree, I dont feel like im catching some disease or something....
did you know doorknobs, money and cell phones have more and worse germs on them then a toilet seat?

GhandiOwnsYou
05-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Midnight walks are a nightly occurence. actually, usually 3 AM-ish. Night stock and the need to go for a run often yield unconventional solutions. Best place to go... Is Waffle House. Any Insomniac knows that waffle house is home sweet home at 3 am.

Levian
05-13-2006, 02:35 PM
did you know doorknobs, money and cell phones have more and worse germs on them then a toilet seat?

Okey. I'll go lick a doorknob clean and you go lick a toilet seat clean? Ready, set, GO. :tonberry: