PDA

View Full Version : Two Headed Dragon

Hayabusa
05-13-2006, 03:27 AM
THESE BOSSES ARE KILLER HARD!!!!!!!!! - What's a good strategy to fight him- It's like BAM - Character down - BAM character down - IT REALLY sucks.

Captain Maxx Power
05-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Level up.

Sefie1999AD
05-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Put all characters to the back row. That should help a lot. The dragon can only hurt or kill one character at a time, so keep healing and using Phoenix Downs.

Hayabusa
05-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Level up.

Yes but there is no place to replenish my items and magic - I'd soon be out of stuff and screwed. Unless before the dark cloud battle my HP/MP gets restored?

Crossblades
05-13-2006, 05:09 PM
If you're using a Ninja, throw lots of shurikens. At least 5

Tavrobel
05-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Level up.

Yes but there is no place to replenish my items and magic - I'd soon be out of stuff and screwed. Unless before the dark cloud battle my HP/MP gets restored?

No, there isn't. You'd be surprised how slowly you will run out of items, even if you use more than 3 in a fight. There is no curing in the DarkWorld. That's the beauty of FFIIIj: you have to be prepared and ready.

Stick everyone in the back row, and have Ninjas throw Shuriken--at least 5, as Crossblades said. Equip one of your Ninjas with FullMoon and the other with Ragnarok, as they both ignore back row damage differentials, adding some extra damage, and slowing your item drain.

If you don't have any Shuriken, then you really shouldn't be in DarkWorld, unless you have FEOKs. If not, then go back outside and level up, so you can buy them. If it is money that you need, find the Azrael cave, and de-equip everyone, and attack the Azraels, making as many copies as you can to maximize your GP gain. If you have to Cure them, do it. A single Shuriken costs 65000, so use them wisely.

Captain Maxx Power
05-14-2006, 06:12 PM

Then go back to an area when you can get healed and Level Up.

Tavrobel
05-14-2006, 06:34 PM

Then go back to an area when you can get healed and Level Up.

He can't if he's inside DarkWorld. He can only heal using Hi-Potions, Cure spells and Elixirs. It's especially irritating considering that there are no Save Points inside DarkWorld, nor can you use the Exit magic. If only it were that easy.

Hayabusa
05-15-2006, 03:03 AM
One of you said if I didn't have shurikens...which I don't that I should leave dark world. - I haven't tried but you can leave dark world? I thought I was stuck there. Anyway- I'm really scared that I've jacked up my game- :(
I have a Knight, Ninja, Sage, and MKnight.

Captain Maxx Power
05-15-2006, 11:59 AM
He can't if he's inside DarkWorld. He can only heal using Hi-Potions, Cure spells and Elixirs. It's especially irritating considering that there are no Save Points inside DarkWorld, nor can you use the Exit magic. If only it were that easy.

If he had half a brain he'd have saved BEFORE going into the Dark World.

Crossblades
05-15-2006, 03:29 PM

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? It is his first time playing the game after all.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
It doesn't matter if it's his first time. You CANNOT SAVE inside DarkWorld. You CAN'T BE stuck, because there is no way to save inside. If you saved it using the Emulator savepoint function, then reload the game manually.

And if you don't have Shurikens, get out. If you are below 50 without using a Ninja in the party, get out. Get out == reload manually. If you haven't saved since the beginning of the game, and based your saves entirely on the SavePoint function, then you should be shot, and should be able to finish the game, especially if you were THAT arrogant.

Hayabusa
05-15-2006, 06:32 PM

.......What?........That was COMPLETLY useless.
and yes I'm using save States and I think I have one before dark world but it's before I went into the sylx tower so a little ways back but not much, but I hope I have one. I guess I'll get shurikens. Where can I get them? The 7th floor of the Eureka? I can't remember...
And Maxx, let's TRY not to say completely useless things.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
As direct and unnecessarily uncouth he was, he was still right.

Anyways, Shurikens are on the bottom floor of Eureka, the same place where you buy the extra copies of the Optional Summons, as well as where you obtained the Ninja/Sage classes. If you are below level 50, then switch the party to Ninja/Sage/Ninja/Sage. Make sure you have 20+ shurikens, and a copy of the Bahamut Summon, one for each Sage. Besides FEOKs and Shuriken, this summon is the only one with similar attack power to Shuriken/FEOK.

They cost 65000 each one, but they also the greatest attack power in the game: +205. So the investment is huge, but alternatively, you can fight for the Onion Equipments (no chance in hell if you haven't beaten DarkCloud already).

Unlike newer games, they have to manually requip them during battle, and you can't equip two before a battle. So learn how to change weapons inside a battle (go to the items, and press up, it'll bring up the weapons for the Left and Right hands, press on one of them, and choose a new item from the item list to replace it with). This should be learned, and don't worry, as you noticed, that the battles are turn based. If you can't buy more than 20, then buy the twenty, and buy the heal-items that you need. During the battle, equip one shuriken at a time, and keep the two Ninjas with Ragnarok and FullMoon, one for each. They slow your item drain, and ignore back row damage. This will come in handy versus the DarkCloud, when you bust out ALL the stops.

In the future, don't save entirely based on the save states. They are somewhat useless, and better used if you use them right before a battle in a long dungeon, rather than inside it. You should also always keep a non-save state Save file, before you go into any dungeon. That way, you can save state as necessary, and if you need to, you can reload the Save file and not lose progress. It also takes the fun out of the game, since the game is supposed to be played without save states, as the makers intended it. It can also blow up in your face if you accidentally hit the "save key" while trying to hit the "load" key, or vice versa.

As much as we Americans like to take advantage of free stuff, there's a difference with free stuff with poison in it, and free stuff that's there as a non-malicious gift.

Hayabusa
05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm level 60ish and I like my Knight, Ninja, Sage, Mknight party so I don't REALLY want to change it but, shurikens..where again? The floor where I got the class changes?

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm level 60ish and I like my Knight, Ninja, Sage, Mknight party so I don't REALLY want to change it but, shurikens..where again? The floor where I got the class changes?

Anyways, Shurikens are on the bottom floor of Eureka, the same place where you buy the extra copies of the Optional Summons, as well as where you obtained the Ninja/Sage classes. If you are below level 50, then switch the party to Ninja/Sage/Ninja/Sage. Make sure you have 20+ shurikens, and a copy of the Bahamut Summon, one for each Sage. Besides FEOKs and Shuriken, this summon is the only one with similar attack power to Shuriken/FEOK.

I guess you missed that one.

Captain Maxx Power
05-16-2006, 12:34 AM
And Maxx, let's TRY not to say completely useless things.

I never say useless things, it's a very valid point. If you've suckered yourself into a corner due to bad saving habits then you've got to learn to get yourself out of it sooner rather than later. Sorry if I seemed harsh, but I just don't like to mince my words where applicable.

Hayabusa
05-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I guess you missed that one.

Yes, Yes I did. :tongue:

I never say useless things, it's a very valid point. If you've suckered yourself into a corner due to bad saving habits then you've got to learn to get yourself out of it sooner rather than later. Sorry if I seemed harsh, but I just don't like to mince my words where applicable.

Well again I had no idea some GIANT DEATH DRAGON from HELL that I couldn't take on was going to be there- Haven't played before- I thought I was all buff - Apparently not though.