PDA

View Full Version : Who is harder:Nemesis or Penance?

Emerald weapon
05-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Personally i found Nemesis harder becuase i had'nt tackled any hard dark aeons yet n my hp was about 25k and for penance my hp was 45k and max stats,celestrail weapons etc. but i think am probably the only 1 who found nemesis harder,did any1 else?

Tavrobel
05-13-2006, 01:57 PM
It depends on which version you are playing.
NA Nemesis, or Int. Nemesis and Penance (North America/International)
Nemesis would probably seem less difficult, because it is just on your stepping block to fight Penance, has less HP, has less damaging attacks, and only has one opponent. Penance has three, but accordding to you, your stats were nearly double when fighting Nemesis and then fighting Penance. Not only that, Zanmato costs are less than 1/2 of that in the NA version.
Now, if this were NA Nemsis, while the stats are exactly the same, the NA version does not have nearly as many level-up-aids, nor does it have Ribbon, which prevents you from getting the ever useful Confusion/Berserk/Poison. There are so many player-friendly lackings in NA, that Int. altogether is easier.

I found Nemesis harder as well.
Too bad I was playing the non-wussy version.
I don't care if you live in Europe and Int. is your only option...

Dell
05-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Penance, Nemmy is easy.

rubah
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Penance is clearly harder just for the fact that we north americans have to go mod our ps2s to fight him!

But nemesis was pretty easy to beat. Hasteaga Quick hit quick hit quick hit aeon shield quick hit quick hit quick aeon shield ad infinitum.

TheSpoonyBard
05-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Penance, definitely.

I don't care if you live in Europe and Int. is your only option
Most of us have PAL as an option...

Dell
05-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I didn't beat Dark Anima yet but I beat Nemesis so.......If I can't Defeat Dark Anima, Penance is impossible for me. That's why I choose Penance and my country use the PAL version.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
penance is harder. nemesis' hp is gud, but his attacks are easy to deal with, penance on the other hand . . .

Pretentious Soul
05-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Those are optional bosses, right? I haven't played Final Fantasy X in a looooonnnnnngggg time. I beat it about a year and a half ago so I don't remember a lot other then the story.

Tavrobel
05-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Those are optional bosses, right? I haven't played Final Fantasy X in a looooonnnnnngggg time. I beat it about a year and a half ago so I don't remember a lot other then the story.

No, they are required bosses.

Nemesis and Penance are the first two bosses you fight in FFX. Tidus does around 50 damage at the beginning, and Nemesis/Penance have over 4 million HP. Don't worry, the game mechanics work so that you can attack them once every five turns, so exploit that game flaw and fight your way to victory! YOU CAN DO IT!

No, really, they don't SEEM like optional bosses? You can't tell that doing 99999 is NOT a part of the normal game? What normal boss (even final ones) have over 1 million HP, even in Star Ocean III? I REALLY don't think that going through the normal progression of the game involves ANY HP amounts over 4000, and as much as you haven't played the game in over a year, I think you'd still have the ability to discern which boss is normal, and which is completely optional.

Khaotic
05-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Penance is clearly harder just for the fact that we north americans have to go mod our ps2s to fight him!

Quoted for truth, sadly I still haven't done that, never will either.:(

Shaun_lawless
05-16-2006, 05:48 AM
penance clearly harder

boys from the dwarf
05-16-2006, 07:56 AM
the NTSC version of the game doent even have penance. i dont see what you mean tavrobel. can your PS2 play PAL games because if it can and youve got the PAL version, thats the international version. the international version is the only one with penance in. i dont see what you mean. are you just randomly insulting europeans or something because your being pretty harsh and sarcastic.

TheSpoonyBard
05-16-2006, 06:31 PM
The Int. and PAL versions are different. Here are all the different versions of FFX.

Original Jpn Release (NTSC-J) - Japanese voices and text - available in Japan.
NA Release (NTSC-U/C) - English voice/text - available in North America.
International Jpn Release (NTSC-J) - English voice, English/Japanese text - available in Japan.
International Asian Release (NTSC) - English voice/text - available in Asia.
European release (PAL) - English voice, text translated into country's language - Available in Europe/Australia/Other PAL regions

All Int. and PAL versions have the Dark Aeons and Penance.

Penance_Darkslayer
05-18-2006, 04:27 AM
Penance is definently harder to beat than other people.
Arms do Mighty Guard which is nasty because it heals Penance and Mega-graviton which does near 65% of your maximum Hp as damage. The body uses Judgement day and obliteration two nasty attacks.

against Nemesis though you only verse one creature. He has slightly smaller stats than Penance. His moves aren't as damaging so he is easier.

BlackRibon
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Penance is waaaay harder than Nemesis, because if you doesn't have super-characters he can obliterate you in 1 turn. It took me 5 attempts to kill the bastard. Nemesis is very difficult, but you doesn't necessarily need to have super-characters to kill him (okay he'll be much harder) . Nemesis is hard, but he doesn't even get close to Penance

BustaMo
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
I only have the American version where we lack the Dark Aeons so I have to go with Nemesis in the Monster Arena. Most of the struggle against him is just preparing your character's stats-wise, and then having the patience to fight the actual battle which will take at least 10-15 minutes even when you hit 99,999 with all 3 of your characters and Aeons.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Well... I'm gunna be buggered as soon as I have made Nemesis, as I don't have Break HP Limit on anyone other than Yuna... and my Yuna is barely worth having. I suck at racing chocobo's and don't have nearly enough Gil to bribe every Malboro I see! So I'm stuck in a rut of training to my hearts content, and wondering how much HP i have that isn't being shown on screen.

Well, when I get there, I'm sure I'll be wussing out anyways, so blah.

RyanML
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
NSTC version doesnt have penance? thats mad

cant wait till i train enough etc to get to penance will be awesome

Hambone
06-11-2006, 09:54 AM

But nemesis was pretty easy to beat. Hasteaga Quick hit quick hit quick hit aeon shield quick hit quick hit quick aeon shield ad infinitum.
I agree. That's also the exact same strategy I use to beat him, Rubah.
Oh yeah. Penance looks harder than Nemesis, and I bet he is. Nemesis is so easy, long, and repetitive, but the rewards are actually quite nice.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 11:06 PM
I still say no FFX enemies are Tough because you can easily complete the sphere grid and easily fight Mimics with Gilionare to get enough money for Zanmato. But I can't fight Penance (damn version difference)

Eiko Guy
06-20-2006, 08:02 PM
when you think about how strong they are penance just kills nemmy but if you think of how strong they are when you compare them to how strong you are supposed to be when you fight them nemesis is harder you are supposed like 2/5 to nemmy and 3/5 to penence

what i mean is without extra leveling then nemmy is much harder

rubah
06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I still say no FFX enemies are Tough because you can easily complete the sphere grid and easily fight Mimics with Gilionare to get enough money for Zanmato. But I can't fight Penance (damn version difference)
You can't get enough gil to consistantly get zanmoto if you have terrible compatability or don't have the PAL game. It's like billions and trillions of gil per use

That's not saying you won't get zanmoto from time to time with less money, but to get it *everytime*

4evarisha
06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I have never fought both of them yet so I dont know

jaxun
06-30-2006, 04:55 PM
hah! nemesis?! i beat him ten minutes more or less only....... penance perhaps maybe harder cause his arms has 600,000 hp which u also need to take care of. Is penance slow cause i only hav the us release of the game lol.