PDA

View Full Version : The Cure

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2006, 12:51 PM
In my opinion, The Cure is the best indie band there ever has been - Robert Smith has an awesome voice, he's a great lyricist, and you can always recognise his music. I think The Cure is probably my favourite band overall. :D Any other big Cure fans? What's your opinion of them?

Cz
05-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Every time a see an Edward Scissorhands poster on the Underground, I make a comment along the lines of "Nice to see Robert Smith's branching out a bit". :D

Yeah, The Cure are alright. I don't think I could ever be obsessed with them, but they've got some catchy songs, and Smith is a pretty good lyricist.

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Every time a see an Edward Scissorhands poster on the Underground, I make a comment along the lines of "Nice to see Robert Smith's branching out a bit". :D

xD Yesterday I was watching a Cure video and I commented on how much he looked like Edward Scissorhands. :D

Cid Vicious
05-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Their good, but not as good as The Smiths or Joy Division.
You should listen to them if you haven't already.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-13-2006, 06:00 PM
i don't really mind this Goth band, I've downloaded a couple of their songs. 'A Forest' probably being my favourite

RPJesus
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
They're not as good as everybody makes out.
Too many people like em cause they think it's fits their dan boring little image. They're alright, but not so great. They have very good video's though. Placebo have some songs thta sound a bit Curey, escept they're better. Which might mean something... or anything...

... Plus Radiohead kick their fluffy-tailed asses.

Zeldy
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Ive only heard "The End Of The World" by them. They are okay, Im not into Indie bands and The Cure are far too light for me to be honest.

rubah
05-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Their very very very happy songs get on my nerves xD Love song and Lullabye are probably the two of theirs I like best.

Skogs
05-14-2006, 06:09 AM
One of the few good bands to come out of the 80s.

Jack
05-15-2006, 01:43 AM
I like them, and I've got most of their hits. My only problem with them is that they've become an image themselves, and most of my favorite bands change their image through their career.
I dunno, I'd like to seem them live though.

escobert
05-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah the cure is dank, I liek that song just like heaven

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Best one is love song, it rocks. Past that they have a few mediocre songs. I wish I knew how to spell mediocer.

Sephex
05-15-2006, 05:31 AM
The Cure is one of my favorite bands of all time. I grew up listening to them. I always have at least three or four Cure albums in my car.