PDA

View Full Version : Terra vs Celes

Michael Belmont
05-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Well since noa won't allow the romance and the game ended with only Terra letting her hair free instead of a pairing kissing each other she and Celes are forced to fight over Locke so who do you think is gonna win?

Crossblades
05-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Obviously Celes. Locke was the one who saved her in the first place and he said to her at escaping Kefka's tower in the end that he's "never gonna let her go"

Well since noa won't allow the romance and the game ended with only Terra letting her hair free instead of a pairing kissing each other she and Celes are forced to fight over Locke so who do you think is gonna win?

What do you mean NOA won't allow it? They allowed it for FF IV, so why wouldn't they allow it for VI?

Dell
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Terra because I like her. Celes is too boring, Locke should go with Terra.

Reles
05-13-2006, 05:22 PM
This is a hypothetical situation, just because you like a character, doesn't mean that's the solution. I personally don't think either girls would hook up with Locke. Maybe Celes and Locke would try, but I think they'd liked to be just friends.

TheAbominatrix
05-13-2006, 05:32 PM
There was no alternate ending. I know how much you love to make things up and state them as fact, but there was no alternate ending and no one kissed. Romance was not a big and central theme for this game in the least, it focused on how important other sorts of love are.

That being said, I dont see Locke going with anyone for a while. Yes, he got over Rachel in the course of the game, or rather started to move on, but I think it'll be quite a while before he can feel comfortable dating again.

As for Celes, I very much dislike how dependant and eager she became for Locke's support and protection. I dont think relationships built on that ground can work, and I also think she isnt in the right place for a relationship at the end of the game.

The same goes for Terra, though I personally love the Terra/Locke pairing. I think that, given enough time after the end of the game (years), they could make quite a cute and functional couple. I think Locke would be a great person to inexperienced Terra.

blackmage_nuke
05-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Celes of course! She risked her life just to save Locke's bandana

Floppie
05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Due to the actual question being asked in the poll, have to vote for Celes...there's a visible spark between Locke and Celes in the game, not so much between Locke and Terra.

However, Terra still owns Celes and I'd personally prefer to see the Locke/Terra combo~

Roto13
05-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Where's the "bisexual threeway" option?

Necronopticous
05-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Locke can have Terra, Celes is with me.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
At first, it looked like Terra and Locke would have a romance, but she ends up being a mother and learning to love children like a mother, instead of loving, say, a guy like Locke. It's a touching story, but I think that's one of the more disappointing aspects of the story! Locke and Celes seemed to be hitting it off more. Celes was definitely having feelings for Locke, like during the World of Ruin. Hopefully, after the game, Locke would want to be a father. Let's hope Square makes a CG movie about FFVI. Or write another "On the Way to a Smile." "After defeating Kekfa, Locke wanted to help Terra raise the children in Mobliz. They got married. Celes ended up with [pick your character or death]."

Jojee
05-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Celes of course! She risked her life just to save Locke's bandana
XDDDDD hhehehee so funny.

But Locke and Celes had something going on ^-^ Locke said she reminded him of Rachel and was all blushy<333 when Celes was singing in that opera majig. Terra was pretty cool until she started going T_Tlovechildren!!!!can'tfight!! Not sure why, but at that point in the game, just stopped liking her as much. ^_^ She and Locke never really hit it off anyway :3

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-25-2006, 04:45 AM
no, it was actually a pretty good scene. Just the consequence of that I don't like b/c the love she was talking about earlier wasn't gonna be about Locke.

Michael Belmont
05-27-2006, 05:57 PM
There was no alternate ending. I know how much you love to make things up and state them as fact, but there was no alternate ending and no one kissed. Romance was not a big and central theme for this game in the least, it focused on how important other sorts of love are.

That being said, I dont see Locke going with anyone for a while. Yes, he got over Rachel in the course of the game, or rather started to move on, but I think it'll be quite a while before he can feel comfortable dating again.

As for Celes, I very much dislike how dependant and eager she became for Locke's support and protection. I dont think relationships built on that ground can work, and I also think she isnt in the right place for a relationship at the end of the game.

The same goes for Terra, though I personally love the Terra/Locke pairing. I think that, given enough time after the end of the game (years), they could make quite a cute and functional couple. I think Locke would be a great person to inexperienced Terra.

Huh? What do mean no alternete ending? You're saying it ended with only Terra even in the japanese verson. HELL NO NO WAY.

KoShiatar
05-27-2006, 07:32 PM
In the Japanese version, when you take Locke to Rachel in the World of Ruin, this is what she tells him:

レイチェル「もう行かなきゃならない…
あなたがくれた、しあわせ…
ほんとうに、ありがとう…
この私の感謝の気持ちで、あなたの
心をしばっている、そのくさりを
たち切ってください…
あなたの心のなかの、その人を
愛してあげて。

Rachel: "I have to go already...
I truly thank you...
for the happyness you gave me…
I chained your heart to this
feeling of gratitute of mine, now please,
break those chains…
Love the one
you have in your heart."

Rachel is no doubt referring to Celes here.
To me, that line (that apparently is not so clear in Woosley's translation, nor in Sky Render's) closed the matter once and for all. Rachel herself is inviting, no, begging Lock to break the chains that keep him tied to the past and go with the girl he likes now. And anyone's got a doubt that she is not Celes?ů

Edit: And NO, there is NO alternate final with people kissing. Even in the Japanese version. The only things that change in the final depend on which people you rescued in the World of Ruin or not.

Azulmagia
05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Celes.
Her suicidal jump was really touching

Captain Maxx Power
05-28-2006, 02:54 PM
The entire point of Terra's "love" arch isn't love in the sense of a man and a woman. Rather it is Terra's own sense of abandonment as a child from her parents, meaning she was able to develop a complete sense of being fulfilled (we generally get our parenting skills from our own parents). When she had to look after the orphans she was able to experience that feeling which had been missing since she lost her parents through the children. Thusly Terra's story isn't about her and Locke, it's about herself attempting to remember a sense of loving in the world, which she does through the children.

On the other hand we have Celes, whom obviously draws parallels with Rachel, Locke's lost love. Locke himself obviously feels the need to help out both Terra and Celes because in them he sees the life that Rachel was denied, and such strives to continue that. However he becomes closer to Celes primarily due to the amount of time they spend together. It's also made quite obvious that Locke has feelings besides friendship for Celes (the opera scene), and oppose to Terra, whom he never expresses anything beyond friendship for.

Taking this into account, it's obvious that out of the two, Celes is the more prime candidate for a coupling than Terra could be. However during the game Locke and Celes never outright express anything that may indicate that they are an item, so any such theories are just that, theory and speculation. I don't think it's unlikely, but considering that Locke has strong feelings for Rachel even after her death, and Celes' distraught past, I can't see them falling into each others arms directly after the last battle.

Michael Belmont
05-28-2006, 06:01 PM
The entire point of Terra's "love" arch isn't love in the sense of a man and a woman. Rather it is Terra's own sense of abandonment as a child from her parents, meaning she was able to develop a complete sense of being fulfilled (we generally get our parenting skills from our own parents). When she had to look after the orphans she was able to experience that feeling which had been missing since she lost her parents through the children. Thusly Terra's story isn't about her and Locke, it's about herself attempting to remember a sense of loving in the world, which she does through the children.

On the other hand we have Celes, whom obviously draws parallels with Rachel, Locke's lost love. Locke himself obviously feels the need to help out both Terra and Celes because in them he sees the life that Rachel was denied, and such strives to continue that. However he becomes closer to Celes primarily due to the amount of time they spend together. It's also made quite obvious that Locke has feelings besides friendship for Celes (the opera scene), and oppose to Terra, whom he never expresses anything beyond friendship for.

Taking this into account, it's obvious that out of the two, Celes is the more prime candidate for a coupling than Terra could be. However during the game Locke and Celes never outright express anything that may indicate that they are an item, so any such theories are just that, theory and speculation. I don't think it's unlikely, but considering that Locke has strong feelings for Rachel even after her death, and Celes' distraught past, I can't see them falling into each others arms directly after the last battle.

She may looked after the kids but that's a lie claiming she is quote the hero will only create your hatrete for the power rangers and besides there is an importint rule only a lead male is the main charater so don't insult lead male fans. Well we have to expect new translation and ending when he ended up with ether her or Celes not her letting her hair free you got that? Have some Yu-Gi-Oh in your life will ya.

BustaMo
05-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Celes. Locke seems way more interested in her throughout the game, and the same with her feelings towards him.

I never even pictured Terra with Locke at all.

Michael Belmont
05-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Maybe but we'll see about that when the GBA verson arrives.

KoShiatar
05-28-2006, 07:39 PM

She may looked after the kids but that's a lie claiming she is quote the hero will only create your hatrete for the power rangers and besides there is an importint rule only a lead male is the main charater so don't insult lead male fans. Well we have to expect new translation and ending when he ended up with ether her or Celes not her letting her hair free you got that? Have some Yu-Gi-Oh in your life will ya.

For the last time, I repeat, what happens in the American version final is more or less the same as in the Japanese version. Which means, there is no clear romance indication.
As for who is the lead character, WTF, what is this male lead rule? It has been said thousand times there is no clear lead in Final Fantasy VI.
And NO, this is NOT different in the Japanese version. It is the same story, just with dialogues toned down for kids, how many times do we have to repeat this?
I translated the game script from Japanese myself almost in its entirety. I know what happens. If you believe me, fine. If you don't, it's not like things are going to change anyway...

Michael Belmont
05-28-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry but still. I still claim it's really Locke's story it will go the way he want or he will end it somewhere sounded like Tidus? Well what i mean is Final Fantasy is not about something called a battle between love and evil which kind of werid it's about swordplay and magic and monsters and you know. So i do vote Terra because you have to understand there suppose to be romance between the lead male and the lead female like Cloud and Tifa okay?

KoShiatar
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Stereotypes can be broken. But personally I agree with the theory that Final Fantasy VI has more than one leading character and Celes is one of those, so even if you stick with your theory, it doesn't change to me.

Captain Maxx Power
05-29-2006, 12:21 AM

Three possible solutions can be drawn from this;

1: Your english is bad/it isn't your first language
2: You're purposefully not making sense
3: There's some method to this madness that I'm missing

Michael Belmont
05-29-2006, 03:48 AM
My english is bad you say? You got a lot of nerve talking to me like that. Oh by the way i don't want a flame war.

scrumpleberry
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Celes by far. They did have a thing going on in the game, and I think they should end up together. It seemed like it may have gone a little T/L at first, but they ended up having more of a sister-brother, friendsy relationship. Besides, mebbe Terra doesn't even need a boyfriend. When I first heard her waffling about love, I thought "Oh great, she's going to end up swooning at some random party member." But if she can get her love from the kiddies, thats cool.

boys from the dwarf
06-07-2006, 03:19 PM
celes. terra is a very deep interesting character with great personality and characteristics but i liked celes more. they are both very good characters. id give reasons but reasons for liking the two have already been said.

Setzer Gabianni
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Celes. She proved more useful, and I actually liked using her in battle more then Terra. Terra reminded me of Rinoa so I hate her.

~Setzer Gabianni

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
My english is bad you say? You got a lot of nerve talking to me like that. Oh by the way i don't want a flame war.

It sure sounds like you want a flame war to me. Your english is terrible and pitiful, I have no clue what the hell you are talking about in half your posts. Yu-gi-oh is for 7 year olds, btw.

Psychotic
06-16-2006, 03:29 AM
This thread is about Terra and Celes, not about how good someone's English is, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and certainly not about making unnecessary personal attacks on each other.

I suggest you all get back on topic, and any further personal attacks or bickering will not be tolerated.

Slade
06-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Terra. No contest in my opinion. She's one of the best Final Fantasy characters ever.

TheAbominatrix
06-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Wow, I missed a large portion of this thread last time I read it.

Micheal, stop making things up. You have no proof. Either provide screenshots or drop it. There is no difference between the American and Japanese versions, and the GBA version will prove this. If you like to live in your own delusional little world, that's completly fine, but dont force it on others or get upset when they dont believe you.

Actually, feel free to download the Japanese version of the game and play it. You'll see it's exactly the same. VI is not Locke's story. You have no evidence.

I'm not saying this to be mean in the least, but unless you get evidence, no one will believe you. Because there is no evidence to get, no one will believe you.

Also, what does Yu-gi-oh have to do with Final Fantasy?

Roto13
06-18-2006, 06:06 AM
So i do vote Terra because you have to understand there suppose to be romance between the lead male and the lead female like Cloud and Tifa okay?
Cloud and Aeris. And Aeris died relatively early on.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Now don't start that argument. We're having a swell enough time here just debunking Mike's crap.

Moon Rabbits
06-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Celes Chere...just because I really didn't notice anything between Terra and Locke since someone told me a little while ago.

Celes > All FF Characters EXCEPT Freya :)

In my first play through I never rescued Locke, and I got the little alternate ending with Celes and Locke's bandana. I liked it better than the ending I got when I actually regained Locke in the WoR. It was more touching, I think.

Michael Belmont
06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
So i do vote Terra because you have to understand there suppose to be romance between the lead male and the lead female like Cloud and Tifa okay?
Cloud and Aeris. And Aeris died relatively early on.

Don't insult me Aeris is not the lead female in 7 okay? So don't flame me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I've only let this thread stay open this long in the interest of giving Michael a chance to explain was that Yu-Gi-Oh reference was all about. Since he does not seem to be inclined to make use of that opportunity, however, I will now make this thread, and any future thread in which he may continue to attempt to spread untruths, a very very closed one.