PDA

View Full Version : Windows movie maker

starseeker
05-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Sometimes when I use Windows movie maker the music acts really funny. If I start from the beginning of a clip, the synching just disappers, its always one clip behind. I'm using it to make my AMVs and its really irritating. It also only affects some songs and only those random songs. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

rubah
05-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I know nothing about windows movie maker, so instead I will tout the fine guys at the .ORG.

Please, <acronym title="Read ErMaC and AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly Amv Guides">READFAG:</acronym>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/

starseeker
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Didn't have anything to do with my problem.

Samuraid
05-13-2006, 11:12 PM
What audio/video format are you using?

If, for example, you were using something like a DivX video for your source video, that could be the source of your sync problems. Formats like DivX are meant for high compression ratios and often have not many regular key frames. The same goes for certain high-compression audio formats.

Because of this, it's a good idea to never used compressed source audio/video, and instead use .WAV files for your source audio, and un/lightly compressed video for your video source (such as directly ripped of the DVD). The video quality will turn out better that way.

This may not even be relevant, just thought it was worth mentioning.

starseeker
05-14-2006, 10:23 AM
I use a mix of divX and avi format for the video footage and the music is usually mp3 but sometimes wma. The problem also seems to strike at random, sometimes the footage works, other times it doesn't and I can't find any differences between the various music files, it affects CD rips and downloads.