PDA

View Full Version : About skipping scenes.

Croyles
05-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I thought id give this game another try.
One question. I know your not allowed to skip scenes if you want to get 100% completion, but can I skip spoken dialogue? Like for example, at the beginning when you first return to Mt Gagazet Yuna talks about the place,. Am I allowed to skip it with X? I hope the "you shouldnt skip scenes" only applies to teh parts where you have to press start/square to skip.

Tavrobel
05-13-2006, 09:28 PM
You can skip anything you have already seen if you begin a New Game+, by pressing start, and hitting the Square button.

If you talk about the scenes with dialogue that can be skipped, and if you have already seen them, then you may skip them also and not incur a penalty.

However, you you have NOT seen them, and you skip them, then you lose percentage.

Croyles
05-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks, but what about jsut skipping spoken dialoge by pressing x when you cant skip them by pressing start>square?

Tavrobel
05-14-2006, 03:55 AM
If you talk about the scenes with dialogue that can be skipped, and if you have already seen them, then you may skip them also and not incur a penalty.

farplaner
05-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks, but what about jsut skipping spoken dialoge by pressing x when you cant skip them by pressing start>square?

So, in short, yes.

Croyles
05-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok thanks guys but you dont seem to have understood my question a 100%. This is my first go through the game, so theres no question about "if you have already seen it". Farplaner might have understood it but you answered "yes" to a question that requires a few more words, l0l!
Anyway, ive looked around the internet and YES you CAN skip audio dialogue (with X. im NOT talking about Start-Square) without getting % penalties. Ive even tested it out with the whole integer 17%. I went back to an earlier save like 14% or something and skipped all the audio dialogue and still managed to get 17% afterwards.

If you still dont understand what I was trying to find out, nevermind! :p

Tavrobel
05-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Mr. Croyles, I believe it is you who did not understand my response. I understood perfectly what you said, and I apologize that you could not tell the difference between skipping with an X and skipping with a Square.

Let me break it down for you.

"If you talk" == "are you referring to this?"
"with DIALOGUE THAT CAN BE SKIPPED" == not the scene, it means spoken lines, dialogue is NOT a scene
"if you have already seen them" == well, this one is self-explanitory
"then you may skip them" == press "X" to skip
"not incur a penalty" == you don't lose %age

Croyles
05-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Take it easy Tavrobel. In that case, you understood what I was saying, but you didnt really specify in your writing. Because you just wrote "skip", which could mean both the scenes you can skip by pressing start-square AND the ones where you can only skip the text with the X button, now you told me. I just wanted to make sure, thats all, because ive already restarted the save twice after losing some minor % points.
Anyway, its all sorted out anyway. And dont call me Mr. :p
Thanks for the help.

High Summoner
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
It's like okay to skip them. It wont have any effect on you geting 100% of the story done. Like the part when Brother is like tried to jump off the air ship to save Yuna. The screne where he is all like sulking and stuff. Just press start and hit square to skip the scene. Trust me I know this I got the perfect ending where she Meets Tidus ag:love: ain.

Old Manus
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, everything said so far is wrong. We must start again.

Shaun_lawless
05-16-2006, 05:44 AM
it doesn't take a genious to press start and then bash square eh?

Croyles
05-16-2006, 03:42 PM
But it takes a genius to figure out everything that gives you percentage points in FFX-2 without refering to a walkthrough that bothers explaining EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.

Renmiri
05-18-2006, 02:29 AM
OK, I did sip some dialogue and got dinged on percent completion. So I recomend patience, if you are playing it for the first time. Do all the dialogues. It will save you time in the end

Shaun_lawless
05-18-2006, 02:46 AM
umm patience sucks loool!!

HolyMackeral
05-20-2006, 11:18 PM
You can skip all the dialogue by pressing X, EXCEPT WHEN TALKING TO MAECHEN. When he talks to you at Youth League HQ in chapter one, you have yo just sit there and listen without pressing a thing, and that includes even presing X to say "go on." Also just leave the controller alone when he talks to you in Guadosalam in Chp 3. and then on the airship in Chp 4.

You can safely skip all other dialogue (not scenes with square button) and still get 100%

Shaun_lawless
05-21-2006, 01:15 AM
meachen is sooo boring why doesn't he just get to the point im glad you can say that is enough though :p

Jessweeee♪
05-21-2006, 02:22 AM
what...you can't skip scenes???
well...whatever...not like i try to get 100% anyway...

Venom
05-21-2006, 02:27 AM
what...you can't skip scenes???
well...whatever...not like i try to get 100% anyway...

Thats the spirit!!:)