PDA

View Full Version : E3: Who won?

Agent Proto
05-13-2006, 10:03 PM
If you have been keeping up with this year's E3, like some of us has been, who do you think is the winner this year? Is it Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft?

omnitarian
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
In terms of who garnered the most positive attention, I would have to say Nintendo.

Tidus Andronicus
05-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Nintendo certainly got the most attention... O_o dono if that qualifies for 'winning e3' but I'd say its close. So at least to me, Nintendo won E3!

Microsoft has to come in second, if not first for most people... they did show off a lot of nice games.
And all I can say for Sony, is they could have done better... but I can't imagine how... XD

Cid
05-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Nintendo. I hope they regain their seat at the top.

escobert
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Nintendo

Zeldy
05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I havn't been watching, but Nintendo take all the attention in everything. They are the gaming gods after all

KentaRawr!
05-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Nintendo seems to be getting the most attention. So, I guess that means they won E3. They were searching for attention, and they got it. o.o

Yamaneko
05-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe it's because I'm still not seeing Nintendo's whole "play to believe" thing or whatever, so I have to say for me, Microsoft showed off games that appealed more to me. Until I hold the Wiimote in my hand and try out the games, though, I can't really say. I'm just afraid that motion-sensing will become more of a gimmick much like the touch screen has become a gimmick for the DS (the best DS games in my opinion are traditional D-pad games).

Sony definitely "lost" the show. Their arrogance with "the next-gen not starting until they say so" alienated a lot of people, as well as the price. They also didn't really show off any games that people wanted to play, and the ones they did (FFXIII, MGS4, Heavenly Sword) weren't playable. Then again, Sony has been known for not really doing that good at E3s and then surprising everyone closer to launch day, so we shall see.

Dolentrean
05-13-2006, 10:56 PM
nintendo did something new, and it seems like simply more fun.

Lychon
05-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Nintendo. Dear God, NINTENDO! Why is this even a question? lol

-LYCHON

Samuraid
05-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Gamers in general.

Roto13
05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Nintendo, without question. Microsoft was... just there. Sony alienated everyone with it's massive price tag. Hype for the Wii is astronomical right now. I've seen total Sony fanboys and Nintendo haters say "Screw the PS3, I'm getting a Wii!" And Snake in Super Smash Bros.? Yes, this was definitely Nintendo's year. They usually do very well at E3, but they really outdid themselves this time.

Slothy
05-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Though the correct answer would be gamers in general, more games were shown for the PS3 that have me salivating than for the other two consoles so I have to give it to Sony. I'm with Yamaneko on the Wii. I'm still not certain it will amount to much more than a gimmick/glorified mouse, and Nintendo showed nothing that would make me think otherwise. Of course I'll wait until I play one to make a final judgement in that regard, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope yet to be honest. Just because the controller is unique and original doesn't mean it will be a revolution in the way we control games. Thus far they've failed to wow me, and as a result, the only reason I'm considering buying a Wii is to download classic games from the older systems. That's pretty sad if you ask me.

Rase
05-14-2006, 12:42 AM
The only two games that have really got my attention so far are Red Steel and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so for me, it's Nintendo.

Roto13
05-14-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm just afraid that motion-sensing will become more of a gimmick much like the touch screen has become a gimmick for the DS (the best DS games in my opinion are traditional D-pad games).
I have to disagree on this point. I think the best games for DS are the ones that focus on the touch screen. My absolute favourites are games like Trauma Center (if only I could find a copy), Kirby Canvas Curse, and Meteos. I think the versatility of the touch screen has brought out a lot of creativity in developers, and I think the Wiimote will do the same.

KentaRawr!
05-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Personally, I felt that Nintendo's E3 almost proved it wasn't a gimmicky thingy. But I will have to be able to try it out, just in case I end up despising it with all mah heart and soul. o.o

ZeZipster
05-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Nintendo. The question is whether or not the novelty will wear off. Is this the next eyetoy or a true revolution?

Shine On...
05-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Nintendo killed, I was curious as to which one I am going to buy first, but now i know.

Sephex
05-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Nintendo "won". For me, I was impressed by them the most.

Tidus Andronicus
05-14-2006, 05:52 AM
People always use the word 'gimmick' to discredit anything new that goes against their opinions... all of us are guilty of that... at least at one point or another. The difference is who actually is correct in the end.

If the DS's success is any proof... than I'd say that the touch screen is far from a gimmick... end of arguement. XD

And since the motion detection is ment to change gameplay, as the touch screen did, I doubt highly that it will ever be a gimmick.

Where as, the 'gimmick' of the eyetoy, if I may use that as an example, was that it was just a simple addon for the PS2, that only had like 5 games that used it. But I'm not complaining about mine! ^_~ cause its the best webcam I've ever had! XD (yah, if u find the drivers, you can use it as one ^_~)

Anyway, for a system like the Wii, the word 'gimmick' really doesn't work, cause the motion detection is ment as the main controll feature... not an addon. But only time will tell really... XD but where's the fun if we can't make preditions based on our preferences? XD

So yah, it seems most people think Nintendo won E3... but why hasn't Microsoft gotten any votes? XD (not that I like MS anymore than Sony >_>)
Even if they're hardware has been out for a while now, they still had some nice things to show off. lol

Roto13
05-14-2006, 06:11 AM
@ everyone who voted "gamers": Cop out!

Cz
05-14-2006, 12:54 PM
The answer to this question is always gamers. I've never known an E3 where any of the major companies have failed to offer something impressive, and this year was no different.

Rostum
05-14-2006, 01:29 PM
FFXIII made me really excited. But I still think I'm sold on a Nintendo Wii. ^^

Slothy
05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
People always use the word 'gimmick' to discredit anything new that goes against their opinions... all of us are guilty of that... at least at one point or another. The difference is who actually is correct in the end.

Anyway, for a system like the Wii, the word 'gimmick' really doesn't work, cause the motion detection is ment as the main controll feature... not an addon. But only time will tell really... XD but where's the fun if we can't make preditions based on our preferences? XD

Thank you for assuming the unconvinced are anti Nintendo, or afraid of change. The fact is, I've yet to see anything that would indicate the Wiimote is anything more than a glorified mouse. I'm not seeing anything truly revolutionary coming as a result of this yet. I've yet to see any games that couldn't be accomplished with equal results from the use of a traditional controller, or keyboard mouse setup. I think the wiimote could be an interesting change from traditional control schemes, but is it revolutionary? Nothing I've seen so far would make me think that.

Believe me, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I've been a Nintendo fan for the better part of two decades, and it bothers me that I've seen them take such a dive over the last 5-10 years. I'd love to see them prove they've still got it, but so far they're just not wowing me.

Psychotic
05-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I am loyal to my favourite soulless corporation to the end. Sony destroyed everyone else and if you say otherwise you're just a MINDLESS FANBOY!!!

Shoden
05-14-2006, 03:22 PM
It's obvious it was the guys who held E3, and E3 itself that won.

Dreddz
05-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Nintendo is what Im told.

Maxico
05-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Well this E3 has finally shown me how pointless and idiotic the gaming industry and 'internet hardcore gamerz' are.

So I guess that would make me the winner of E3.

Go me.

Madame Adequate
05-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Between Microsoft and Sony? Gamers won.

DeathKnight
05-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Nintendo

But SONY came very close with FF and MGS:choc2:

Dreddz
05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
If its games that gain each company its top-spot. Sony. There werent many great games from Nintendo IMO.

jason913
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I can't believe any of you would say Sony. At least Nintendo actually showed what the Wii had to offer. Sony's show was nothing but the announcement of the ridiculous price tag for their next-gen media center (as if I need one, I already have a computer), a pamphlet tauting specs that have no real meaning, and a couple demos that they wouldn't even confirm as being real time game footage.

Prediction: Sony is going to have the worst launch ever, both in terms of units sold and games worth buying.

Dreddz
05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
And yet nearly everyone here will be buying a PS3, lol rich.

Agent Proto
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, when the price becomes reasonable, ie half the current $499-$599 price.

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Nintendo by far. I think Sony have let people down this year.

Ouch!
05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't really care who won, but a combination of factors convinced me to buy a Wii at launch instead of a PS3. Aside from the fact that I'm pretty damn excited about the Wiimote, Sony's price tag shot them out of the water. Sure, FFXIII and Versus FFXIII look really, really nice, but two games aren't going to be enough to warrant a $499-599 launch price. I'll wait however long it takes for that price to drop to a semi-reasonable price before I buy it.

Nick Schovitz
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
No one won, this says it all Console War (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NqOdUrouRhY&search=Console%20war)

Tidus Andronicus
05-14-2006, 05:08 PM
No one won, this says it all Console War (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NqOdUrouRhY&search=Console%20war)
that video is awesome... XD I saw that on G4 the other day...

Elite Lord Sigma
05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Nintendo. I hope they regain their seat at the top.

Agreed.

Tidus Andronicus
05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Seems the BBC agrees that Nintendo won E3!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4767807.stm

Lionx
05-14-2006, 07:52 PM
We are talking about E3 here not in general, and to say that anyone but Nintendo won is clearly just being a fanboy...not to say you cant like Sony, but who definetly got the most attention and love this year at E3? Definetly Nintendo without a second doubt, i dont see how anyone can say Sony as their prices alienated alot of people. I, like a few others, will wait til the next console wars to start to get a PS3 when its cheap AND if it has enough games to warrant my attention.

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 07:56 PM
We are talking about E3 here not in general, and to say that anyone but Nintendo won is clearly just being a fanboy..
Not me, Im a Sony fangirl, but Ive been more interested in what Nintendo is doing then Sony. The PS3 hasnt impressed me as much as the Wii has.