PDA

View Full Version : Possible Relationship between FFX and FFXIII

SephiRave
05-14-2006, 05:54 AM
well,i do see some vague similarities between FFX and FFXIII in my opinion when i first saw the trailer(though the information is still not enough to confirm this).Is Kazushige Nojima planning to relate to FFX?

1)The canyon with the train crossing it
It just gives me a feeling of the path going to Macalania Temple in FFX

2)The soldiers which is fought by the female main character
They look like Bevelle Guards...except for their revamped costumes
3)The scene where the female character is fighting a bunch of soldiers and canines like "dingo" from FFX
The scene actually looked like bevelle's highbridge
4)Some remaining crystals in the forest
Perhaps this is macalania woods a thousand years later?(In FFX-2 the woods started to lose its crystals and turned to ordinary forest)
5)A final scene where female main character points her gunblade at a robot i think
The scene looks like Bevelle Underground......

Note that the story might not take place in the time frame of Spira,but maybe 1000 years later ? (Sin is dead......,Summoners,Sphere Hunters are no more.........then comes Crystal Hunters?lol)/(the female main character is the great great great granddaughter of Yuna and Tidus?)

Ya Boy Alex
05-14-2006, 05:57 AM
....This a joke....?

SephiRave
05-14-2006, 06:03 AM
no,this is not.......but if u really pay some attention to the trailer and all those..maybe u will find the relation.
(Like the scenario writer is just trying to add some reference to "Shinra" in FFX-2,but actually FF7 and FFX-2 doesnt have any relationship between them.)

Square enix, they are good in referring to something...
Cloud and aerith appearing in Ivalice of Final Fantasy Tactics?
Zidane(ff9) said he knew a spiky haired guy who holds the buster sword?
Shinra
Not to say Kingdom Hearts because it is purely intentional to make it this way.

Setzer Gabianni
05-14-2006, 08:43 AM
We've seen one trailer and you are making assumptions already? There isn't any need. Seriously.

~Setzer Gabianni

DeathKnight
05-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that's the first thing I told my brother, those guards do look likfe FFX guards, and the forest those look crystalish and she does fire her guns like Yuna. I WISH it was related to FFX but I don't think it will be, nice observations though.

Khaotic
05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
We've seen one trailer and you are making assumptions already? There isn't any need. Seriously.

~Setzer Gabianni
There isn't any need to put down his theories like they're nothing, he does what he wants, he's enjoying his time thinking of ideas, thats absolutely fine, its part of being an FF fan. Seriously.

As for the theories, however, I just think its all a coincidence, or, they don't have that much information about the game itself yet and they simply wanted to throw together some things for E3, for all we know, it could be the same FFX models, but slightly edited so there is some difference. I don't think they had the time to start from scratch and make their own backgrounds, buildings, guards, etc etc before E3, and they probably figured they needed a big gaming title announced to gain some attention with all that "wii" hype going around.

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 12:07 AM
If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me. They've done enough with VII, they don't need to do it to another one.

Malboro_Menace
05-15-2006, 01:13 AM
If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me.

Although I love FFX i agree that creating yet another add on to the story is taking it too far. I would buy it but I (and I'd say the ff fan community) would prefer something new and fresh.

Renmiri
05-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Not the entire FF fan community!

There are quite a few of us FFX and FFx2 fans who would like an FFX3, FFx4... FFX25 with Yuna's grandkids... ;)

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 02:48 AM
They would call it FF X-3 if it had anything to do with Spira. It will probably drop a few references here and there but nothin major. I also didn't really see much that really related it to FF X.

FallenAngel411
05-15-2006, 05:09 AM
It's called FFXIII for a reason. As in, not FFX. As in, a fresh new fantasy. And it already has its own universe of games before its even released. I can guarantee you that FFXIII will have next to nothing to deal with FFX. Guarantee.

Dr.M
05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
i reckon there is a few things that resemble ffx, like u said, but the train reminds me of ff7 and ff8, lol, and the girl looks a bit like ashe, lol. it just come down 2 being a ff game, they got a partiular style 2 them so they can look quite simaler in a way, i guess.

SephiRave
05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
hope so.....it's better to start on a fresh story.
Maybe Square Enix isnt making it another sequel to FFX,and is nothing to do with FFX,but they just sort of just add a little bit of reference to it in FFXIII.

really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course).....:cry: sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X.

Rengori
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course).....:cry: sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X.
When did the first X-3 come out?

Russielloyd
05-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I'll tell you something all the games have in common with 13....They all have "Final Fantasy" in the title. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, coincidence or what!.....creepy!

really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course)..... sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X

I'm gonna go a whim here and say that you're a female, right?

BustaMo
05-17-2006, 03:34 AM
I'd rather have Square stop relying on it's past glories, and spend more time working on newer FF's with different stories and new characters. I'm not for another add-on in the FFX sequels.

Nimbus
05-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Yea no..... If is a slight chance that they would, but i doubt it will have anything FFX in it.

rubah
05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I notice there's a small picture in the ones in the scans thread in this forum that features the femalechix falling through air upside down. My first thought was 'lol yuna'

Shoeberto
05-18-2006, 01:16 AM
The fact that everything seems to look exactly like FFX just gives me the impression that they're running out of ideas as opposed to any straight connection between the two.

DeathKnight
05-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Cid Knight VS CId KNight!

*roots for rubah!*:cheer:

the more I look at her..the more it reminds me of Yuna...the clothes and attitude(somewhat). I'm not saying that it's related in any way...but this thread has made me look at the game differently. I just keep getting this idea that this is Tidus and Yuna's daughter lol....(I wish~!) but anywya, FFXIII is gonna kick SERIOUS ass no matter what.

Again, go rubah!

Shoeberto
05-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Why is it that everyone always takes the side of the pretty girl? :(

DeathKnight
05-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Why is it that everyone always takes the side of the pretty girl? :(

aww! you're pretty too! *points to sig*...I....I used to like a girl who looks just like you......................it never worked out...but yeah. Anyway, you two kick ass, it's just I'm pro FFX/X-2:plotting:

mesmerized
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me.

Although I love FFX i agree that creating yet another add on to the story is taking it too far. I would buy it but I (and I'd say the ff fan community) would prefer something new and fresh.

especially after FFX-2

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Nope. Those are just generic-looking soldiers.

You can't say for sure until you've played.

No.78
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
The links between the FF's wouldn't be this blunt.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2006, 06:40 AM
:nonono:

cykak
09-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Interesting theory. There is a relation between FFXI and FFXII. So this wouldn't be so far off.

The guards actually look like storm troopers to me but whatever.

If the world in FF XIII is indeed Spira, that would make a fun twist.

Markus. D
09-10-2006, 08:52 PM
neat theory....

but there just visual simularities.

it however would make the game rather interesting.

but I want a new unique world IMO.

ps: wouldnt it be called FFX-3 if it was?

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2006, 10:30 PM
no, no one would buy it then

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Interesting theory, but be a bit logical.

Why would SE throw off their fans? I mean when we visualize a new number in the series we usually assume a new universe, world, environment, cast of characters, etc unrelated to the other Final Fantasies. While there may be similarities in the looks and environments, it doesn't necessarily mean it is. Besides, SE is pretty informative when it has a sequel, prequel, whatever relating to a title already released, if this title was related to the FFX universe then I'm 100% sure they would have mentioned it, or have it labeled X-3, or at least call it FFX: The Blah Blah Blah. I mean look how informative they were with the VII series, it's not like they called FFVII:Advent Children, FFXIV, or FFVII:DoC, FFXV. Logically a company wants to keep their fans happy and deception ain't gonna pull that off. So in my personal opinion, the new number represents a new universe. If it does have Any relationship to any of the other Final Fantasies then there's probably a dramatic time difference or the games located in a different planet/galaxy/dimension, call it what you will.

As for the issue with FFXI relating to FFXII, you have to look at how SE set it up. XI is different from what we've seen, it's an online rpg, it's a totally different experience then what we typically encounter, I mean there's actual human interaction going on (we've never seen this in the FF series, at all). SE probably found it appropriate to have the player experience the same universe in a single-player aspect, /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif I would too.

Although I ain't sayin' you're theory is totally incorrect, I think it's kind of deceiving and illogical if it is true to the fans. I'd be kind of pissed if I found out XIII takes place in Spira again, c'mon now, we need something new and fresh already. I personally think SE is running out of ideas with character looks and concepts, it's kind of ridiculous. All the main characters are starting to look the same or act the same. I mean Cloud and Squall are practically identical, Seifer and Sephiroth. Visually they look awkward too, the XII main character, to me, looks like a mix of Squall and Cloud. I'm just babblin' on though.

Just my two cents.