PDA

View Full Version : The Mage of FFVII ( Other than Aeris) *Spoilers*

Axel Gaius
05-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Who is the best magic user in FFVII other than Aeris?

I need to know this because, Aeris is dead and I need a good magic user for my party. I am thinking of Yuffie.

TheSpoonyBard
05-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Here are the characters in order of their Mag stats, highest first.

=1. Aerith
=1. Cloud
=3. Cait Sith
=3. Vincent
5. Yuffie
6. Red
7. Tifa
8. Cid
9. Barret

Masamunemaster
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I would say red would be a good mage

TheSpoonyBard
05-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Hang on, here's a revised list. I equipped their best Mag-boosting weapon and checked their stats again.

1. Cloud
2. Vincent
3. Red
4. Cait Sith
=5. Barret
=5. Yuffie
7. Cid
8. Tifa
9. Aerith

I'd go with Vincent or Red.

Emerald weapon
05-14-2006, 09:54 PM
id have to say red because vin's limit 4 n ultimate weapon arent as gd as reds 3rd limit and ultimate weapon so your best bet is red

TheSpoonyBard
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Are Limits and weapons that important if their sole purpose is to be a mage? Anyway, using MP will reduce the power of Red's Limited Moon while Vincent's remains constant, although it takes a while to power up.

I also think that Red's Stardust Ray (Lv2-2) is better than Earth Rave as it hits twice as many times. Each hit is weaker, but once you've used a couple of Hero Drinks it will deal a decent amount of damage.

Jack
05-15-2006, 01:58 AM
*Shrugs shoulders*

I just picked my favourite two characters and used them.
(In this case, Tifa & Red)

NOTE: Can people STOP putting the words "Spoilers" in their thread titles. The game is quite old. Very old in fact. Everyone in this forum would be VERY aware of what happens. I know I'm no admin, but it annoys me now.

Hayabusa
05-15-2006, 03:16 AM
NOTE: Can people STOP putting the words "Spoilers" in their thread titles. The game is quite old. Very old in fact. Everyone in this forum would be VERY aware of what happens. I know I'm no admin, but it annoys me now.

Who cares if it's old- I just played it for the first time last year- so it's good he did. Everyone is not you.

Floppie
05-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Same...I played it for the first time about 9 months ago.

boys from the dwarf
05-15-2006, 07:49 AM
i always use cloud or tifa as a mage. and the spoilers i agree are really not needed. BTW luke is darth vaders father and aeris sort of dies a bit. and i probly didnt spoil it for anyone. and if i do, dont blame me, it said spoilers on the thread title. you have been warned.

Captain Maxx Power
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Are Limits and weapons that important if their sole purpose is to be a mage?

Sort of. Some weapons come with a Magic bonus attached to them, though this isn't seen on the equipment screen. Generally they're about the same for each character. There's no set order to it however. In many cases a character's Ultimate weapon doesn't provide the maximum possible magic bonus. Check the party mechanics (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/130791.html) section for a full listing.

Dell
05-15-2006, 02:17 PM
YAY!!!! Nanaki get some praise!!!! Good job Nanaki, You will always be my favourite character after Vivi forever!

Cloud, Nanaki and Kitten Sith, I never though I choose Strong Magic Stat character.

TheSpoonyBard
05-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Maxx, I'm well aware of the effect on the Magic stat that weapons have. Emerald weapon said that Vincent's Limits and ultimate weapon weren't as good as Red's, and I was merely questioning the importance of the character's ability to deal good physical damage if they were to be used as a mage.

In case you're curious, Red's best Magic-boosting weapon is the Spring Gun Clip (+55) and Vincent's is the Supershot ST (+52).

PontiusPilate
05-16-2006, 03:07 AM
RedXIII made a great mage for me. Cloud could have been but he was a better melee fighter in my opinion. Vincent (who i think is the 2nd or third coolest character in the game) i thought was weak even though i liked his character alot

DK
05-16-2006, 05:07 AM
I used the same magic setup every time. Like, 15 playthroughs now. My team was always Cloud, Barret and mostly Red XIII, but occasionally Yuffie. and I spread out magic evenly and never had any problems. So i'm guessing it doesn't make much difference.

Captain Maxx Power
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Maxx, I'm well aware of the effect on the Magic stat that weapons have.

O sorry, just from what you said it appeared as though you had absolutely no idea as to the Magic Attack stat on weapons. You know, the part when you said "why should weapons matter for magical attacks".

TheSpoonyBard
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
That's alright. You can see from post 4 that I understood everything.

Captain Maxx Power
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
That's alright. You can see from post 4 that I understood everything.

Ah I see now. Gotcha :) :up:

Axel Gaius
05-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Hang on, here's a revised list. I equipped their best Mag-boosting weapon and checked their stats again.

1. Cloud
2. Vincent
3. Red
4. Cait Sith
=5. Barret
=5. Yuffie
7. Cid
8. Tifa
9. Aerith

I'd go with Vincent or Red.

How is Aerith last?

So Red XIII/ Nanaki is the best? ( From people's posts.)

TheSpoonyBard
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Aerith's Magic reaches a natural maximum of 100. Her Princess Guard increases that by 22, giving her a natural maximum of 122. Now take Barret. His natural maximum Magic is 85, the lowest of the group. With his Missing Score this is increased by 49, giving him a total of 134.

I'd go with Red or Vincent, as said above, but Red has higher HP, Str, Vit, and Dex, so you may choose him over Vince.

DoaJ
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I think Aeris' is so low because they didnt make her any extra weapons, since she dies and isnt used anymore. If she stayed, then they probably wouldve given her a few more weapons, including one that gives her a great magic addition. But, before she dies, her magic is great. :)

TheSpoonyBard
05-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Yes, that would be the obvious conclusion to draw.

Chris
05-17-2006, 12:43 AM
I've always kinda assumed that Aeris was the strongest Mage in the game. Boy, was I WRONG. :(

TheSpoonyBard
05-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Just felt like adding this in.

Aerith: 100 -[Princess Guard]-> 122

Barret: 85 -[Missing Score]-> 134

Cait Sith: 96 -[HP Shout]-> 140

Cid: 89 -[Spirit Lance]-> 132

Cloud: 100 -[Ultima Weapon]-> 151

Red: 91 -[Spring Gun Clip]-> 146

Tifa: 89 -[God's Hand]-> 123

Vincent: 96 -[Supershot ST]-> 148

Yuffie: 92 -[Conformer]-> 134

Rin.
05-17-2006, 01:02 AM
I used the same magic setup every time. Like, 15 playthroughs now. My team was always Cloud, Barret and mostly Red XIII, but occasionally Yuffie. and I spread out magic evenly and never had any problems. So i'm guessing it doesn't make much difference.

Same here, just had a different team, Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent, sometimes Tifa, i didnt have any problems either.

PontiusPilate
05-17-2006, 01:11 AM

Same here, just had a different team, Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent, sometimes Tifa, i didnt have any problems either.

Same, mate. Thats what i love about FF VII, you can easily customize anyone to be good with magic