PDA

View Full Version : Traveling through time

Sephex
05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
If you had the ability to travel through time, what would you do with it? NOTE: No, none of you can be Biff and use your time traveling skillz for financial gain.

I would visit specific periods of time and live from period to period every few months, just to see what things were like.

Venom
05-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I'd go into the future and stop myself from being born so I could live in the present.

Levian
05-14-2006, 07:48 PM
I'd join EoFF before Raistlin.

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Back to 2004 and alter my Uni choice! Seriously.

Breine
05-14-2006, 08:01 PM
I would visit specific periods of time and live from period to period every few months, just to see what things were like.

Basically the same as you..

Chris
05-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I'd travel back to 1981 and hook up with Grace Jones. The funniest of circumstances! Delights!

:love:

Mokoto
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
I would go back and scare myself.

I Took the Red Pill
05-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I would convert Adolf Hitler to Judaism.

Necronopticous
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
I would fulfill my childhood dream of kidnapping a medievil princess and bringing her back to modern day with me.

Hawkeye
05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I think I would want to go back to my childhood where I didn't have responsibility. That would be neat :)

gyaku_zuki
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, once I'm done typing this message, I'll go back in time and leave me a sandwich beside my mouse, so I'll have something to eat when I'm done.

Let's not forget to leave those car keys behind the sign for later!

On the serious side, I'd prove / disprove religion, by travelling to claimed important religious dates.

GooeyToast
05-14-2006, 09:08 PM
I'd go back and change all the things in my life that I've heavily regretted or wanted to change, such as a certain event a few months ago that ultimately lead to the end of a relationship. Oh and I'd go a few hundred years into the future to see if humanity is still around.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I'd go back to when I was 16, and walk up to this guy that yelled at me outside a concert when I was with my then boyfriend instead of letting my then boyfriend drag me away from him before I could react. Cause that guy turned out to be the Lasuria.

Captain Maxx Power
05-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Go into the far future and find out when Humanity destroys itself, come back, tell everyone I know how and when it's going to happen, but not tell anyone and be smug about it for the rest of my life, only dropping vague hints to people at dinnerparties to wind them up.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd go back a few years ago to the place where I got mugged and stare down at my mugger. I'm way taller than I was back then and I could get my pen back

Freya
05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I'd Go back with a gun into like the year 400 and shoot some bad guy while a big crowd was around. Then since they didn't know what a gun was they'd worsih me because they thought it was magic then i'd be worshipped by many people in the present, we'll the me in the past.

Dixie
05-14-2006, 11:36 PM
I'd go back in time fix a lot of stupid things I've done.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I would go back in time to a point where I could get it in everyone's heads that time-traveling sucks and isn't worth your time, and that trying to undo anything or "disprove" something will introduce a paradox and ultimately have you accomplish nothing.

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I would first find out where all goverment weapon storages are. I would then go back in time and then come back to the present after moving the time machine to the location of these bunkers and stealing the weapons taking them back with me. I will do this until I am equiped with the following:

- Two small gas tanks on my back connecting to a wrist mechanism using the gas as flame throwers from my wrists.

- Two Stander Issue Guns amoung our current U.S. Soldiers along with huge quantities of Amo.

- Army Issue Body Armor, whatever they call that crap now.

- A really cool pair of Oakley sunglasses.

- Several Boxes of Grenades.

- Two hand Guns.

- 5 small C4 explosives.

- Mashette

- one of those cool marine sword things

- Sniper Rifle

I would then go back and become teh most powerful and famous Gladiator of all time in the Roman Colloseums.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Go back a few years and actually listen at school... I'd be in uni by now If I had listened and got my grades... :hot: (Dumbass Chris, Dumbass!!)

zaqwert
05-15-2006, 02:20 AM
I would go back in time, and trigger something to create an alternate universe! Imagine this, Eyes on Dragon Warriors!

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Eyes on Earth Bound

fantasyjunkie
05-15-2006, 03:20 AM
I would go back to the late 60's and see the gods such as Clapton, Hendrix, the Doors, Sly and the Family Stone, Carlos Santana and the rest of those people!

eestlinc
05-15-2006, 03:36 AM
First I'd film a beta casette of my childhood, mail it to myself, and then travel 75 years into the future, become a bounty hunter, then randomly receive the tape in the mail and watch it.

FF_crazy
05-15-2006, 04:15 AM
i'd go back and fight in the first or second world war or the korean was in the canadian army

escobert
05-15-2006, 04:16 AM
I'd join EoFF before Raistlin.
hahah :love:

I'd go back to the middle ages and hang around there for a while see some stuff, mostly go through differnt time periods to check stuff out.

Rase
05-15-2006, 04:26 AM
I'd probably kill a fly somewhere around 12,000 B.C. and summarily doom the human race forever. Then I'd go back to right before I did it and kill myself, thus saving all of you ungrateful people.

Or maybe just go back and do good on all of my projects I bombed in school.

TheBrent
05-15-2006, 04:26 AM
I would go to various points in time (like the time of Ben Franklin) and outsmart them with bigger and better stuff to become famous.

NINJA_Ryu
05-15-2006, 04:31 AM
I would go forward, manage to take medicine or get a surgery or other medical/mystical procedure for immortality, then go back to the ancient times and fight in all the great wars

Rice Cake
05-15-2006, 04:57 AM
I would go and see why 1982 was so great.

FallenAngel411
05-15-2006, 05:17 AM
First I would go back 1000 years with various advanced modern technologies and give them to ye olden peoples to study and learn from, so that by today technology would be so advanced we'd already have teleporters and robot maids and be taking vacations in distant galaxies and other neat stuff. Then I would go back to 1980, hunt down Johnny Depp as a struggling musician, and make him mine.

Yuffie514
05-15-2006, 06:52 AM
travel to the pasts, of none other than the growth of various Asian civilizations. one consideration is to go a few decades into the past when my parents were younger.

Calliope
05-15-2006, 07:25 AM
I would have kept my diaries instead of destroying the evidence, and I would act against _________ sooner.

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
I would be too scared to travel through time, out of fear of somehow ruining something. If I knew it was safe and could somehow sort of go to the future, check it out and everything without actually influencing it in any kind of way (sort of like being a ghost)... then I'd probably go ahead 200 years into the future and look at stuff like technology improvements and whatnot, but I would avoid finding out about my future as much as I can, because knowing your future sort of ruins half the reason for living.

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I would go to ancient Mesopatamia and become known as Alexander The Great.

Mittopotahis
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Probably visit Jesus. And fix up a few bad things I have regretted.

TheBrent
05-15-2006, 12:14 PM

We can save Jesus from being crucified, then bring him back with us.

Peter_20
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd jump hither and thither and correct stuff that I regretted doing/not doing.
However, that would cause a paradox, because my jumping to the past and correcting everything would erase them from the present, and therefore I'd never had any need of travelling back in the first place. :D:rolleyes2

project X
05-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I'd actually pay attention in school instead of being lazy and fucking things up for myself. Other than that, I'd probably go back in time, visit events in history, blahblah.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Jesus predicted his death so there's nothing you could have done to stop it from hapenning

Omnislash07
05-15-2006, 08:10 PM

Jesus predicted his death so there's nothing you could have done to stop it from hapenning

you could kidnap him, course he might predict that too and then twart your plan.

But i would like to go to the future and get a lightsaber or something and a like a personal shield like in Halo then go own in all the ancient wars. And then be worshipped like a god for being unkillable.

RPJesus
05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I'd go back to the Big Bang and tell God not to bother- it'd just be a waste of his time.

As a side note: "Technically, you would only need one time-traveller convention." - Cat, Cat and Girl

Miriel
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
My ideas of time travel make it so that I can't go back and change anything that's already happened in the past. I could only do what I already did. What's happened in the past is already done so you can't change anything because you didn't change things. If you did manage to go back and change things in the past, it would have played out so that the present you wouldn't know the circumstances in which things happened differently. Does that make sense?

Anyway, in line with my thinking of time travel, benefits for me would only exist in the future where I could learn about lotto ticket numbers or which companies are doing well in the stock market.

Yamaneko
05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
The reasoning behind that is the grandfather paradox, but applies in many situations. If you went back in time and killed Hitler and the atrocities he committed never happened, then in 2006 you'd never have any reason to go back in time and kill Hitler because he would never would have committed those atrocities.

Future time travel is perhaps infinitely less certain than going back in time. Saying that you'd go forward in time to get lotto numbers means that it's impossible to escape any actions that would change the outcome of those numbers. Who's to say between then and now something changes? Certainly when you come back with the lotto numbers not everything in the universe would play itself out exactly as it did before. There's just way too much to know and no real place to start to really understand anything about time travel, if at all possible.

Miriel
05-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Certainly when you come back with the lotto numbers not everything in the universe would play itself out exactly as it did before.
Why not?

The future would only change if you're thinking of time as a linear progression. Maybe it's not. Maybe everything that has or will happen just... exists. I'm thinking along the lines of how the Tralfamadorians viewed time in Slaughterhouse Five. In which case, what happens in the future is just as cemented as what has already happened in the past.

Yamaneko
05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I think we're looking at this in two different ways. Essentially what you're saying is it's impossible to escape an end because it has already been determined, so any action taken in the present or near-future has already been decided for in the future. But threre are countless, something close to an infinite amount of variables that must be accounted for in this model. What happens to all those "unused" futures that we never live through?

Miriel
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
They get tossed in a toilet and flushed.

Yamaneko
05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
:(

eestlinc
05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
it would be neat to go into the future and live, but not be able to come back. it would be sad, but also interesting.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 11:38 PM
So I guess people missed my post on the first page about time travel...