PDA

View Full Version : Twins?

Moon Rabbits
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Notice how every logo has two females that are connected.

What do you speculate about these two?

Khaotic
05-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Huh? provide some pictures? Which logo? There is a total of 4 different logos, 3 being games, and one being the "collection" series thing.

BustaMo
05-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Lesbians? :-D

Just kidding. Actually, it's interesting how much of a role females might play in this game. Not counting FFX-2, there really ahsn't been a lead role by a female since FFVI, if you can really say Terra held a lead role. I'm interested as to collecting the upcoming news that releases as more info is spilled.

Dr.M
05-15-2006, 02:10 PM
yeah, same. twins would be cool! twins r cool! as long as it's nothing like tidus and shuyin or lenne and yuna, yeash, not twins i no, but they couldn't think of anything better than 2 make spiten images of em'. (i love ffx-2, btw), im not trying 2 diss it, just stating a fact.

Mirage
05-15-2006, 05:40 PM
yeah, same. twins would be cool! twins r cool! as long as it's nothing like tidus and shuyin or lenne and yuna, yeash, not twins i no, but they couldn't think of anything better than 2 make spiten images of em'. (i love ffx-2, btw), im not trying 2 diss it, just stating a fact.
Yuna and Lenne wasn't related at all. One could argue that Tidus and Shuyin were, but they're still far from twins.

I for one would like the idea of a lead female having a twin. It might make for some funny scenes.

Moon Rabbits
05-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Huh? provide some pictures? Which logo? There is a total of 4 different logos, 3 being games, and one being the "collection" series thing.

Final Fantasy XIII logo (http://eyesonff.com/images/news/060508_2.jpg)
Final Fantasy XIII Agito logo (http://eyesonff.com/images/news/060508_4.jpg)

Both display women who are (seemingly) twins.

Versus and the Fabula Nova Crystalis (whole compilation) logo display what seems to be one of these women.

Also note the strange blue orb that makes an appearance in three (maybe four) of the logos.

Fabula Nova Crystallis logo (http://eyesonff.com/images/news/060508_1.jpg)

The orb appears below the woman.

Final Fantasy Versus logo (http://eyesonff.com/images/news/060508_3.jpg)

Orb appears behind her.

On the Agito logo the two women are touching it, and the XIII logo it seems to be larger and their heads are connected to it...

Perhaps one is a villain? They are one in the same, ala two mental personalities? They definitely have a connection to one another though.

ZeZipster
05-16-2006, 02:55 AM
I doubt they have anything to do with the game. It's just iconography, they might suggest a theme or something.

Moon Rabbits
05-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Well the logos generally have something to do with the game.

IV: Cain is the logo
V: Reina's Hiryuu is the logo
VI: Terra riding the Magic Armor is the logo
VII: Meteor is the logo
VIII: Squall+Rinoa are the logo
IX: The Crystal is the logo
X: Yuna is the logo
XII: A judge is the logo
XIII: ?

I think we can safely assume these characters will have something to do with the storyline.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Well the logos generally have something to do with the game.

IV: Cain is the logo
V: Reina's Hiryuu is the logo
VI: Terra riding the Magic Armor is the logo
VII: Meteor is the logo
VIII: Squall+Rinoa are the logo
IX: The Crystal is the logo
X: Yuna is the logo
XII: A judge is the logo
XIII: ?

I think we can safely assume these characters will have something to do with the storyline.

Also, II had the Emperor as its logo, X-2's logo was Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, and III had Dark Cloud as its logo.

Moon Rabbits
05-16-2006, 03:32 AM
Also, II had the Emperor as its logo, X-2's logo was Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, and III had Dark Cloud as its logo.

Good point, although I didn't know about those logos...but I just realized they were added with the release of Origins and etc...at least I think so, they weren't with the original releases were they?

FFI had a Generic fighter I think.

So yes, I think the twins do play a role in the game.

LunarWeaver
05-16-2006, 06:22 AM
It would be extremely interesting to have the protagonist and antagonist be twins... If that's the case, and you ruined it with your psychic powers, I'll shake my fist at you :(

rubah
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
I don't see two women on versus or crystallis? I could buy it for the other two though.

Remember in ffx, yuna *summoning* was the logo. What does that say for the main game logo? That watery looking critter~

Moon Rabbits
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't see two women on versus or crystallis? I could buy it for the other two though.

Fabula and Versus seem to be only one of the two women.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
am i blind? i only see one woman and a dragon!... and the orb, of course

(this is kinda reminiscent of rinoa = ultimecia thang, minus the million pages of discussion)

Khisanth
05-29-2006, 04:53 AM
The images of the two women, dragon (Versus) and mare/unicorn? (upside down at bottom right of FFXIII logo) are interesting. There is a definite history of the images of the logo playing a major role in the game, but I don't know where these all fit in? Are they twins? Does the heroine have a twin? Is the orb appearing in each logo a representation of the crystal?
AHHH! ~ too many questions, not enough answers...

Zeromus_X
05-29-2006, 06:40 AM
III had Amano's 'Twin Sword' on it.

One of those logos really looks like Ultimecia's final form. Huh.

Still, purty logos. I'd expect no less from Amano, although that is alot of 'em.

Markus. D
05-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I find them eccentric.

very creative though ^-^ sort of celtic.

Malboro_Menace
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I think you have made a very interesting point there. And plus it would fit into the fact that we have only seen one character so far. There's been more than one character in most ff games so yeh.

Moon Rabbits
05-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Perhaps we've seen more than one character, yet they're twins. Think about it man, think about it :O.

Madonna
06-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I do not see the similarities in the characters to consider them twins. Unless you mean they're done by Amano, rather than two different artists, and the colors just so happen to match; surprising, as it's a logo.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm. I do imagine that the characters portrayed in the logos have something to do with the games, but that's a given rather than speculation. As to their exact significance, only time will tell.

Arrianna
06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the Mythos behind the series?

G13
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Perhaps it's the same woman, but a different personality, like in Prince of Pesia III with the dark Prince. Or maybe the other one is an ancestor to the one we saw in the trailer.

abrojtm
06-09-2006, 12:14 AM
I predict that they are twin antagonists, just because the Amano art is slightly evil looking.

blak_spyder
06-14-2006, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the logos have some female archetypal significance. Almost everything you read/watch/play has to deal with the mother/birth/creation issue. :choc:

atlanteay
07-21-2006, 05:35 PM
i do think that there are going to be twins. The logos usually have something to do with the game so this game either has two magical women sort of thing or twins.

i just noticed the female in the trailer looks different. Their face looked different. One is very masculine kind of and very tough looking while the other one looks feminie and asian sort of look.

i could be wrong but i see some differences and they wear the same clothes so it might just be the graphics like when Yuna looked different in certain cutscenes or it could be the twin thing.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Split personalities maybe???

Medi
07-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Maybe the blue orb represents the crystal? Just a thought.

drunkymonkey
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Split personalities maybe???That would not explain why they look different.

atlanteay
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
so do you guys agree that the girl looks different in the two pictures? The wear exactly the same clothes yet their face looks different. Maybe it's like the same concept as how Yuna's field model and battle model looks different.

Angelroo
07-22-2006, 12:53 AM
so do you guys agree that the girl looks different in the two pictures? The wear exactly the same clothes yet their face looks different. Maybe it's like the same concept as how Yuna's field model and battle model looks different.

Yeah, I think that's the reason. Wasn't the walking through the forest scene confirmed to be a real time cutscene?

G SpOtZ
07-22-2006, 01:19 AM
I don't think they're going to be twins. In fact, I think one is a girl, and one is a guy. Seems as though one of the lead roles in FFXIII Versus is a guy... and FFXIII is a girl. You know how SE roles, they always make their characters look feminine, even if the character is a guy. Just look at the exotic hand-drawn images of previous characters. They all have feminine characteristics, so maybe one of those are a guy and one of those are a girl, in the logos.

Shiny
07-22-2006, 02:34 AM
I think the protagonist/antagonist (female) is related to the antagonist (male). That is my theory. I think these two look similar:

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff13223fi.jpg

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff13235kv.jpg

I think they are brother and sister; possibly twins.

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Maybe...

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Who cares..?

Agito is only a cell-phone game anyway.

It has no relation with the other games.

feona17
08-08-2006, 02:22 AM
I think the protagonist/antagonist (female) is related to the antagonist (male). That is my theory. I think these two look similar:

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff13223fi.jpg

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff13235kv.jpg

I think they are brother and sister; possibly twins.

Yeah but FFXIII and Versus are two unrelated games. They can't possibly be twins.

Aurons_Desciple
08-08-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't think they are twins, they might be related though

The Crystal
08-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Would be so cool if "Lightning" have a twin sister that is the main enemy of the game.

Moon Rabbits
08-20-2006, 07:28 AM
The pictures that atlanteay posted look very different to me. Too different to be a battle model and field model.

I'm gonna "hm" about that, but that's just me.