PDA

View Full Version : 40+ Hours of gaming time my a$$.

PontiusPilate
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
This goes for a lot of games. When people were talking about KH II they were telling me that the gaming time was 40, even 80 hours long of gameplay. I played it, did everything (and no i didnt rush or skip anything) and i squeezed about 25 hours out of it. Is there something im missing

Ya Boy Alex
05-14-2006, 11:05 PM
If you did all the sidequests, completed Jiminy's Journal and beat Sephirtoh I can see 40+ hours.

XKairiX
05-14-2006, 11:10 PM
idk I havent played it YET but is it good? http://khisland.free.fr/kh/monde1.jpg

Nick Schovitz
05-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Is this KH I or II? if it's II you must've directly went to the nobody world, when there is at least 5 worlds to revisits, if it's the original I don't know.

PontiusPilate
05-14-2006, 11:54 PM
idk I havent played it YET but is it good? http://khisland.free.fr/kh/monde1.jpg
Even though im complaining about its length (which actually isnt too bad. i was just mad how people lied about it), its honestly the best game ive ever played.

And to Nick, no, i wanted to squeeze ever ounce of gameplay out of it before i beat it so i played the other worlds first.

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Again did you do everything? Scour for that last chest, get every keyblade, fight Sephiroth.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 12:18 AM
This goes for a lot of games. When people were talking about KH II they were telling me that the gaming time was 40, even 80 hours long of gameplay. I played it, did everything (and no i didnt rush or skip anything) and i squeezed about 25 hours out of it. Is there something im missing

25 hours is how long the game actually takes. If you fought JUST the battles you had to fight, but watched all the scenes, it would take 25 hours. There's no room for discussion; the game simply isn't that short, especially if you "squeeze every ounce" of it.

Not to mention, you would have to not continue, but rather, reload from every save point, so that the hours don't add up, assuming you lived. That alone would make it more than 25, even if it doesn't say so.

If you finished the game is 25 hours, then you missed... everything. Except for the battle against Xemnas, obviously. And I seriously doubt that your file was played on Proud Mode (if it were, then you skipped alot, and didn't actually play it, because Proud Mode will guarantee that you die at least once).

Demyx, Xaldin, and Xigbar alone require more than one attempt, (even if at most, 2, which is what happened to me, and NO ONE is THAT good without a guide), which means that you must have reloaded somewhere, and therefore, added hours, despite what the save screen says. Or used a walkthrough guide.

Now, if this were Normal or Beginner Mode, then certainly, it could be done in 25 hours, with squeezing. Proud would not. There just simply isn't any room for debate.

Paradox Cup w/ Jiminy? Forget 25- hours. That also would make your hours skyrocket above 40. Treasure chests with Synthesis? Forget it. You missed alot. Not even a lot. A MASSIVE AMOUNT ALOT.

PontiusPilate
05-15-2006, 02:09 AM

25 hours is how long the game actually takes. If you fought JUST the battles you had to fight, but watched all the scenes, it would take 25 hours. There's no room for discussion; the game simply isn't that short, especially if you "squeeze every ounce" of it.

Not to mention, you would have to not continue, but rather, reload from every save point, so that the hours don't add up, assuming you lived. That alone would make it more than 25, even if it doesn't say so.

If you finished the game is 25 hours, then you missed... everything. Except for the battle against Xemnas, obviously. And I seriously doubt that your file was played on Proud Mode (if it were, then you skipped alot, and didn't actually play it, because Proud Mode will guarantee that you die at least once).

Demyx, Xaldin, and Xigbar alone require more than one attempt, (even if at most, 2, which is what happened to me, and NO ONE is THAT good without a guide), which means that you must have reloaded somewhere, and therefore, added hours, despite what the save screen says. Or used a walkthrough guide.

Now, if this were Normal or Beginner Mode, then certainly, it could be done in 25 hours, with squeezing. Proud would not. There just simply isn't any room for debate.

Paradox Cup w/ Jiminy? Forget 25- hours. That also would make your hours skyrocket above 40. Treasure chests with Synthesis? Forget it. You missed alot. Not even a lot. A MASSIVE AMOUNT ALOT.

How do i sum all you said up in to one word? hmmmm. ok found one . No. Yes I did play normal mode (im not a fan of proud/hard mode). yes i beat all the orga in 1-3 (all in 1 try, only Xigabar in 3) tried without a stupid waste of money strategy guide. (Hacking and slashing doesnt take to much skill) So maybe i died those a couple times, that adds up to one, maybe 2 hours delay? I beat Seph, finishe Jimminies, and and the cup. Sorry mate, but your wrong. I have the times to prove it.

Slothy
05-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Like he said, there's no way you did everything in that much time, even on normal mode. If you're claiming to then you're either lying, or you used a cheat device such as a Gameshark. I've been playing on Normal (and wish I had chosen proud mode instead to be honest), and have been flying through pretty much everything with relative ease, yet I'm still only at about 37 hours with maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of Jimminies journal completed. I just can't believe you did all that in 25 hours.

If this is through some crazy act of god true, then kudos to you, but I don't believe it for a second.

PontiusPilate
05-15-2006, 02:58 AM
sorry but YOUR WRONG. The fact is i have beaten it and have gotten everything (no cheats). You can say what ever you want but your still dead wrong. Now please instead of making pointless arguements with me that you can't win please tell me why the game wasnt between 40-80 hours. Even if i did somehow played for 40 hours, thats still far off 80

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 03:02 AM
sorry but YOUR WRONG. The fact is i have beaten it and have gotten everything (no cheats). You can say what ever you want but your still dead wrong. Now please instead of making pointless arguements with me that you can't win please tell me why the game wasnt between 40-80 hours. Even if i did somehow played for 40 hours, thats still far off 80
Actually you can't win this argument either as you have no proof. Give us a screenshot and maybe but there is no way you beat this game that fast and did everything.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes I did play normal mode (im not a fan of proud/hard mode).

Everyone, stop arguing. He proved himself correct.

He played the wussy version.

I'm sorry, but REAL men play the Proud Mode and finish it in 28 hours.

Or I could just say that since you said "no" to my ENTIRE post, including the part about difficulty, then I could say that you disproved yourself, and therefore, your entire argument is faulty, because I, at one point, I supported your argument. This means your entire claim of beating it in 25 hours and argument for it are thrown out.

Skyblade
05-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Actually, I'd just like to know where he did his training. Considering that you have to be a decent level to complete the Paradox Hades cup, and you must max Final and Master forms in order to complete the Poster Run, how did you do all that training in such a short time, in addition to finishing everything else?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-15-2006, 09:15 PM
no one can beat sephy in there first time, maybe there second, but not first

PontiusPilate
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Actually, I'd just like to know where he did his training. Considering that you have to be a decent level to complete the Paradox Hades cup, and you must max Final and Master forms in order to complete the Poster Run, how did you do all that training in such a short time, in addition to finishing everything else?

Easy. Gull Wing. with health at crit, on top of the first place you fought Scar. I also my main attribute is attack. Sephy was hard to beat because it a while to figure out his moves and learn to react to them quickly

Yes I did play normal mode (im not a fan of proud/hard mode).

Everyone, stop arguing. He proved himself correct.

He played the wussy version.

I'm sorry, but REAL men play the Proud Mode and finish it in 28 hours.

Or I could just say that since you said "no" to my ENTIRE post, including the part about difficulty, then I could say that you disproved yourself, and therefore, your entire argument is faulty, because I, at one point, I supported your argument. This means your entire claim of beating it in 25 hours and argument for it are thrown out.

I like to play videogames for fun. I don't live off them like you. Unlike you, videogames is a small hobby (notice hobby is emphasized) of mine. And no sorry, my claim isnt thrown out. You can't change a fact with random snippets of information that do nothing in proving me wrong. Your getting annoying... If you dont believe facts and want to stay off topic of the point of the thread, THEN DONT POST. and if you do, stay on topic.

Skyblade
05-15-2006, 11:02 PM

Easy. Gull Wing. with health at crit, on top of the first place you fought Scar. I also my main attribute is attack. Sephy was hard to beat because it a while to figure out his moves and learn to react to them quickly

Funny, because you can't change form in the Pride Lands, and those enemies aren't Nobodies and don't drop Drive Orbs, so you can't have raised your Forms there. Where did you level your Forms?

PontiusPilate
05-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I leveled my character in pride lands, not his forms. I really don't feel like explaining where i leveled. But u can probably find similiar info to where i leveled in an FAQ online. For example starting out lvling Final Form in the Mysterious Tower in Twighlight Town. And you can recharge yr drive meter at olympus.

Please stop questioning how i did this. the point is, i did just stick to the question i asked or dont post please dont post. And if u still dont believe me, dont argue, i really dont care what u say. facts are facts. And KH II isnt the only game that ive had this problem with

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-16-2006, 12:12 AM
I like to play videogames for fun. I don't live off them like you. Unlike you, videogames is a small hobby (notice hobby is emphasized) of mine. [/U]
u care enough if theres 80 hours of gameplay though right?

haha scared? tavrobel is right

PontiusPilate
05-16-2006, 12:34 AM
I like to play videogames for fun. I don't live off them like you. Unlike you, videogames is a small hobby (notice hobby is emphasized) of mine. [/U]
u care enough if theres 80 hours of gameplay though right?

haha scared? tavrobel is right

STAY ON TOPIC. Last Warning. Of course id care if theres 80 hours in the game. What pissed me off is that they said it and then i got about 25 hours of the game. Thats about 45 off. I'm not scared , this is only a forum. Scared is something that occurs in reality, not on an internet forum. Okay, end of argueing, you two, stop posting in this thread, i gave u multiple warnings to stay on topic and you didnt.

Tavrobel
05-16-2006, 12:35 AM

I like to play videogames for fun. I don't live off them like you. Unlike you, videogames is a small hobby (notice hobby is emphasized) of mine. And no sorry, my claim isnt thrown out. You can't change a fact with random snippets of information that do nothing in proving me wrong. Your getting annoying... If you dont believe facts and want to stay off topic of the point of the thread, THEN DONT POST. and if you do, stay on topic.

Random snippets? You don't know me, so how can you say that I live off them? That's just rude and insulting.

I highly doubt that anything I said is random. I don't live off video games, but if you DON'T live off them, then there's no way you can be good enough to beat it in 25 without accounting for lost time. It's simply not possible.

You don't have the experience
You don't have practice
You don't have the patience (surprising, I know, right? I mean some people don't have the patience to listen to other people and to argue out all the points PROPERLY)
Your eyes are not used to the screen and glare
Staring at a screen and having reflexes is NOT the same as having reflexes that relate to the playing of sports

It is thrown out, because I was supporting you, no matter how insulting it was. I said" it's possible if it's not Proud Mode"; you admitted it was Normal Mode; therefore, you said that ALL my statements were false, therefore, my statement supporting that you finished the game so quickly is thrown out. You then lose your only outsider support, and now, you entire statement is unuspported. No support == thrown out, if not false.

I also think that ad hominem is a REALLY BAD strategy, especially if you are disproving me.

You claim it is a hobby for you, yet you finished it enough to get everything? You go to a forum to brag about it, and you don't have anyone in real life to brag to, or didn't keep it to yourself? What a gump! What an unecessary precaution, and you are maybe, just maybe disappointed that no one is going "good job", but rather, they are yelling at you for insulting other people. Maybe you are that good, but that also means that YOU YOURSELF have no life, as you accuse me of lacking; other people are not as "dedicated", or, have previous commitments. Not everyone has free time. Of course, such a waste of free time == no life.

Even I didn't bother to do that, I've got homework and things to do. 28 hours, and that was the bare minimum of doing anything I had to do. I seriously do not believe that you could have done everything; in fact, it is impossible. Paradox Cup, Summon leveling, and Drive leveling take more than 5 hours after you even get all of them.

Also, the part I highlighted in bold also means that "it took me awhile to figure out Seph's moves and block them" means you died at least once, therefore, you wasted time. At level 80-, his Triangle attack reduces to 1 HP. You also don't have Second Chance, if your attribute path is Attack. I could believe you, if your attribute path was DEFENSE, therefore, raising your defense enough to survive Sephiroth attacks, and giving you Second Chance early enough to not die a whole lot. While it says 25 hours, the reality is much different. Not to mention the fact of NORMAL enemies beating you mercilessly, especially if you don't have the defensive stamina to handle such farming.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2006, 12:38 AM
I've had enough of you guys sniping back and forth so this is a warning to all of you. You KNOW we do not tolerate this stuff here, don't let me see it again.

Leeza
05-16-2006, 01:07 AM
It would have been great that if you guys actually did think that something was missed by PontiusPilate while he played the game in 25 hours that you would have explained to him where he missed something, like he asked you to, instead of calling him a liar.