PDA

View Full Version : FFtactics rocks!

Saphyrrion Wisdom
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
The one of the best things in FF are class differences.(jobs)What do you think?How many classes are there?I have had:Entertainer,summoner,fighter,ninja,thief(stealer),assasin,red mage,black mage,white mage,alchemist,gunner,soldier,paladin,archer,snipper,ellementalist,beastmaster,moogle knight,morph...I think there were more than this.If you know some more tell me...

BG-57
05-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Are you talking about FF Tactics, or FF Tactics Advance?

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
This goes in the Tactics: Advance forum.

Saphyrrion Wisdom
05-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I mean tactics advance...:choc2:

Skyblade
05-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't believe I've heard of the Entertainer job, the first one on your list. How did you get it?

Anyway, all the jobs, save the unique three: Runeseeker, Judgemaster, and Hermetic, can be found on here (http://www.eyesonff.com/ffta/jcprogression.php).

I really wish they'd get that page up on the main site. :grumble:

feioncastor
05-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Isn't there a moogle job that is like "Entertainer"? I want to say "Juggler" or something, but I'm not sure...

Despotus
05-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Isn't there a moogle job that is like "Entertainer"? I want to say "Juggler" or something, but I'm not sure...
Yep, that's it.

Roto13
05-16-2006, 06:40 PM
|S|P|A|C|E|B|A|R|

My anti-drug.

PontiusPilate
05-16-2006, 10:34 PM
i like that they added they added lots of classes (even though some just plain old sucked). I didn't really fancy the abilities system though. 7/10

Carmilla
05-16-2006, 11:24 PM
FFTA does indeed rock.

I like it better than Tactics for the Playstation because of the race specific jobs. No more 100% humans and a character that pretty much breaks the game... im looking at you Cid.

Though i must admit it does have a retarded law system which might be even worse than the whole zodiac/brave/faith thing. :mog:

PontiusPilate
05-17-2006, 01:06 AM
FFTA does indeed rock.

I like it better than Tactics for the Playstation because of the race specific jobs. No more 100% humans and a character that pretty much breaks the game... im looking at you Cid.

Though i must admit it does have a retarded law system which might be even worse than the whole zodiac/brave/faith thing. :mog:

Wow how i could i forget the law system which was what i thought ruined the game. I mean, what the hell was Square thinkings? "Hey, lets add a stupid law system that makes the game unnessiarly complex and not fun." I hope the a-hole who made that up got fired.

Monster Hunt
05-17-2006, 02:51 AM
I love tactics but the law system might be a tiny bit annoying...

Flashback

*a judge master gives a red card to one of my characters*

"RED CARD?!" Me "GO "FUDGE" YOURSELF!"

End of Flashback

Alright it was more than a bit... but I suppose that's what made FFTA harder than FFT...

Carmilla
05-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Laws.

And thats why i use the Gameshark when playing FFTA.
I use the 'no laws' code. :D

Octorok
05-17-2006, 03:41 AM
I personally thought that laws were easy to deal with; I would just check the laws before I went into a battle and switch out secondary abilities, and if I didn't like a certain set of laws, I would just move around, letting the laws cycle around.

It does get a little annoying when you break a law on accident, like choosing the wrong option or not realizing that the person before you did the exact same move, etc.

NINJA_Ryu
05-17-2006, 05:35 AM
I personally thought that laws were easy to deal with; I would just check the laws before I went into a battle and switch out secondary abilities, and if I didn't like a certain set of laws, I would just move around, letting the laws cycle around.

It does get a little annoying when you break a law on accident, like choosing the wrong option or not realizing that the person before you did the exact same move, etc.

i concur

whats so hard about the laws? early on, just avoid the ones taht hinder you, and then when you get anti laws you use them to aid you and hindder the opposition?

if anything it just makes you think before you act, not a game breaking theory in my opinion

PontiusPilate
05-18-2006, 12:22 AM

i concur

whats so hard about the laws? early on, just avoid the ones taht hinder you, and then when you get anti laws you use them to aid you and hindder the opposition?

if anything it just makes you think before you act, not a game breaking theory in my opinion

And if it was as simple as you described, i honestly wouldnt mind them either. For one, anti laws are effing expensive when u just want to use them for one battle for training or something. They arent just a little annoying. Their very annoying. How the hell do i win a battle with my opponents all viera and a law against hurting vierra, if i wasnt toldbefore hand about the law and they dont sell an anti law for it? 2nd, they dont just say "sword law". they make saber laws and epee laws and w/e for each different kind of sword or item. Its impossible to distinct which is which when the effing screen is small and the picture is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty. 3rd they dont tell u which law there is at each place till yr already in the battle so u cant plan ahead.

Hawkeye
05-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Am I the only one who didn't like this game? The immediate thing that turned me off from this game was that it didn't allow free roam, which is one critical thing I love to see in a Final Fantasy game. When I first played this game, I didn't get it, and I just dropped it and left it alone for about 2 years with no plan of picking it up again.

Skyblade
05-19-2006, 03:43 PM

i concur

And if it was as simple as you described, i honestly wouldnt mind them either. For one, anti laws are effing expensive when u just want to use them for one battle for training or something. They arent just a little annoying. Their very annoying. How the hell do i win a battle with my opponents all viera and a law against hurting vierra, if i wasnt toldbefore hand about the law and they dont sell an anti law for it? 2nd, they dont just say "sword law". they make saber laws and epee laws and w/e for each different kind of sword or item. Its impossible to distinct which is which when the effing screen is small and the picture is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty. 3rd they dont tell u which law there is at each place till yr already in the battle so u cant plan ahead.

First off, their is no anti-Viera/Nu Mou/Moogle/Bangaa/Human laws in play ever unless you added them yourself (and if you did that, you deserve everything you get). I don't think even the Blank Card laws used in the JudgeWatch missions can apply those laws. Dmg2: Animal is annoying, but easily avoided if you pay attention to the laws and don't just rush blindly into combat.

Second, you can figure out what the law will be in a battle long before you actually Engage. Mouse over an area, any area, and press the L Button. The law list will pop up, showing every law that can possibly show up (at least, up until the point they are next edited, which only happens twice in the game at particular missions. IIRC, after the JudgeWatch missions, the laws revert to what they were at the mission's start, even if a Blank Card was used). For my example, I am sitting in Cyril, and I moused over Giza Plains (which, taking the shortest possible route, would require three days to reach). Now then, I am at the section of the game where there are three laws during every engagement. When I press the L Button, the following Forbidden list shows up:

-Copycat
-Haste
-Blades
Berserk
Target Area
Stop
Sabers
Status
Healing
Color Magic
Dmg2: Animal
Steal
Summon
Skills
Hunt
Broadswords
Techniques
-->Instruments
-->Morph
-->Holy
After that, the list repeats itself. The three relating Recommended laws show up beside each of their respective laws as you mouse over them. If I were to mouse over Instruments, the recommended laws "Knightswords", "Control", and "Dark" would show up beside Instruments, Morph, and Holy, since Instrument is the first law in that three law set.

Now then, the current three laws are the indented ones (represented by --> on my list). Those are the laws that will be in effect if I were to start a mission in the Cyril area without moving. Each day that goes by (one day goes by each time you travel), the laws shift down by one. So, if I were to move one space, "Morph", "Holy", and "Copycat" would be the current laws, and any mission/engagement on that space would use those laws instead. Now then, I was standing in Cyril, and I moused over Giza Plains when I pressed the L Button. The laws that are marked with a darker color (indicated by a - on my list) are the laws that would be in effect in Giza Plains, assuming I took the shortest possible route to Giza Plains.

So it is really quite simple to tell what the laws in any area would be well before you actually engage. You can go through the entire game without using either Law Cards or Antilaws quite easily (I did). If you bother to pay attention, you can even set up most missions to give you a recommended advantage.

Since eliminating all swords would get rid of 75% of the weapons in the game, I wonder why in the world you want to have such laws as that. Since you can check what type of weapon is simply by plessing "Select" while mousing over that weapon on the party screen, I see no reason why the various anti-weapon laws should give you trouble.

And if font size is too small (although I think you're the first person to complain about such a thing), buy a Gamecube and a GBA Player, and watch it on your television.

I would say that if all else fails, use the Jagds, but unfortunately, the Jagds don't come into play until late in the game, and even when they do, most of the missions take place outside the Jagds.

Fireblade13
05-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah FFTA vs. Fire Emblem sacred stones.

FFTA-Skills FESS- Nothing
FFTA-awesome wepons FESS- No one buys the wepons as they break
FFTA- Jagds FESS- Every stinking battle (my battery's are tortured)
FFTA- Money not an issue FESS- No money spent it all on wepons
FFTA- You choose your team FESS-You feel lothing while you lose your favorite charecter but you know that you just want to finish.

In conclusion FFTA is the best strategy game. Unless you like gettng to the last 5 battles and running out of units and cash.

Skyblade
05-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Yeah FFTA vs. Fire Emblem sacred stones.

FFTA-Skills FESS- Nothing
FFTA-awesome wepons FESS- No one buys the wepons as they break
FFTA- Jagds FESS- Every stinking battle (my battery's are tortured)
FFTA- Money not an issue FESS- No money spent it all on wepons
FFTA- You choose your team FESS-You feel lothing while you lose your favorite charecter but you know that you just want to finish.

In conclusion FFTA is the best strategy game. Unless you like gettng to the last 5 battles and running out of units and cash.

Funny, I played and enjoyed both.

Anyway, here's my comparison:

Skills = FFTA: Has tons, allowing for a lot of customization - FESS: While this game may not have had as many skills as FFTA, if you think it had none, you haven't payed very much attention, as almost every promoted class has a skill that is particular to that class, and they are usually very powerful, though they act randomly.

Weapons = FFTA: Again, there's a huge amount of weapons - FESS: Not the quantity of FFTA, but a decent selection anyway. Unlike FFTA, the weapons can break and are nearly impossible to repair.

Deaths = FFTA: Not much of an issue, unless you play in the Jagds - FESS: Losing a character can be very annoying, as you have to restart the battle or you lose them forever.

Money = FFTA: Useless. There is almost no reason to even bother with money in this game, as 95% of your weapons can be easily acquired through missions, and items aren't that useful - FESS: Very helpful for replacing your weapons and items, though it is hard to get.

Team = FFTA: Yes, you can mix and match your team however you want from an unlimited cast - FESS: You have a set cast but you still have a large number of characters to draw from (there are more characters than your FFTA clan can hold), and you can make a ton of different team styles to customize your team quite a bit.

What Fireblade13 seems to be missing though (no offense intended), is that the game styles are completely different. FFTA allows far more customization, it's true, but it also has a simpler system. Once you learn the weapon abilities, you just equip your strongest weapon. In FESS there is much more to consider. A steel weapon may be more powerful than an iron one, but you may get fewer attacks with it, and it will not last as long in combat. The entire game is built on a series of trade-offs. Power for speed, accuracy and criticals for defense, range for melee ability. While they may both be tactical RPGs, they are very different games. Certainly, presented the way Fireblade13 showed them, FFTA seems much better, but the comparison could just as easily be stacked the other way.

The entire FF Tactics system was taken from Fire Emblem anyway, which is the original Tactical RPG.

But enough about Fire Emblem, this is a FFTA forum, so get back on topic! :D

PontiusPilate
05-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Alright, but i still have to disagree with you in one part. I've never ever used a law when i played. And i did play a clan once with Nodmg2 Vierra with the team all vierra. I remember this clearly because after that i remember turning off the game and not playing it since then because i was so pissed at how cheap it was

Lavitz
05-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I liked this game quite a bit, but i never actually beat it, and i barely used those law-card things. It was a good game, i'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 11:43 PM
It's definitely fun to play, and will keep you occupied. I liked how classes were limited, unlike the first game where everyone can be uber-powerful. On the other hand, the law system was sometimes frustrating to the point of destroying the cartridge.

'You can't harm animals.'

'Animals count as undead'

'No copycatting'

And so on. Yeah.

Still, it doesn't have the story depth or darker themes like the first one, but I don't believe it was supposed to. It was supposed to have a mellower story. (And easier to understand, at least for me.)

All-in-all, an okay game. :cat: Still like the first one better though. So many tasty glitches...

PontiusPilate
05-28-2006, 02:30 PM
mediocre storyline for a mediocre game

Yuffie514
06-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Job System:
Pros...fantastic subjob sytem. i love being able to set Reaction and Support abilities (which are like Final Fantasy XI's Passive/Active). though Final Fantasy Tactics Advance beats the MMO when it comes down to subjobs and abilities, IMO. oh, and Combos are a nice addition to the variety.

Cons...sometimes i'm playing the game and my mind wanders off on how nice it would be to have a Ninja/Elementalist (made this up) and then boink! only Humans can be Ninja and Elementalist is reserved for Viera.

Law System:
Pros...i hate some laws, though i can always avoid them. i may miss out on a battle, but rivalling clans are frequently popping up. ooh, and those anti-law cards are good, but why do i bother collecting them since i rather move my way around the laws?

Cons...i don't like the Judges' stupid whistlings. how dare they slap me with a penalty card! my day will be made if Ezel Berbier would create an anti-law card that somehow allows for me to attack Judges. hey, i don't enjoy breaking laws. i hate punishment.

Battle/Levelling:
Pros...easy levelling, just like Final Fantasy VIII. make 100exp and you get promoted! now why couldn't chess make me enjoy travelling and fighting amongst the limit of squares better?

Cons...i would spend more time with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance if the maximum level was #100, instead of #50. i wish i can dispatch units to help when a clan turf gets under attack. i don't mind the bonus 80 AP, but my legs hurt after walking across the world.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
this is the worst final fantasy because of juges i hear u man about the judges

tailz
07-19-2006, 04:51 PM
this is the worst final fantasy IN MY OPINION because of juges i hear u man about the judges

i edited it for you i think this is what you meant to type.

the judges dont suck, if they work against you it means that youre too dumb to realise how to counter them and use them to your adventage.

f f freak
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I think this game was really easy and I enjoyed it a lot. One of the best things about it I thought was the laws I mean they were so easy to manipulate take this for example. I had one character left and that was my moogle juggler and the enemies had one character left and that was a moogle theif. I couldn't beat the moogle in strenght because I had forgot to equip. My turn I use firebomb on him it hits. the laws were that you couldn't use fight so after two turns and one potion I had one the fight because the moogle was sent to jail and my moogle wasn't. that proves how easy the laws were to manipulate as long as you have the right skill.

Nominus Experse
07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
this is the worst final fantasy because of juges i hear u man about the judges
The judges... They are there to make the fight much more interesting, and they do. You can plan it out where they will actually work FOR YOU. Personally, I many times rushed into fights, having the laws laid down offering me a potential challenge with each and every battle I took part of. It makes you a better tactician to be able to adapt and eventaully use what has been set against you. If you are to whine about the laws, you have no pity to be had from me, for they are easily circumnavigated, and many times, can be turned to your own uses.

Is this the worst Final Fantasy because it wasn't one where you could simply blaze through levels without a hitch? You didn't have to think, you didn't have to keep anything in mind? Yes, they can sometimes be annoying, but I wonder why you can't recall laws when they are laid down at the begining of the fight, and really, are done so BEFORE the fight even begins.

boys from the dwarf
07-22-2006, 11:50 AM
the judges are an advantage. E.G. if your fighting some super high level paladin and add the no chivalry law it makes the paladin a lot weaker. i dont mind judges. they can be annoying but i dont mind them at all.

acararobert
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I collect species laws so I can use them on strong clans with only moogle or vira I tried to do that when you face the queen but she changed the laws

horyo
07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Possibly the hardest Class to get: Judge.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 04:27 AM
yeah, because you have to do everything to get the damn class, and you only get 1 of them, and while we are talking a bout it,

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

when you do get cid, is he riding a chocobo?

SPOILER MODE: OFF

and dudes who don't like the game because of the judges, do you hate all sports that have refs? Do you not like other games because you can't walk through walls and not have to actually do anything that the game-makers wanted you to do? Are you totally and completely retarded? And if you answer yes to questions 1 and 2, then you HAVE to answer yes to # 3, smartasses:D :D :D

Skyblade
08-13-2006, 06:07 PM
yeah, because you have to do everything to get the damn class, and you only get 1 of them, and while we are talking a bout it,

when you do get cid, is he riding a chocobo?

and dudes who don't like the game because of the judges, do you hate all sports that have refs? Do you not like other games because you can't walk through walls and not have to actually do anything that the game-makers wanted you to do? Are you totally and completely retarded? And if you answer yes to questions 1 and 2, then you HAVE to answer yes to # 3, smartasses:D :D :D

The answer to your spoiled question is no. Use the tags next time. [spoiler*] and [/spoiler*] on either side of your question. Just remove the asterisks.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
ok thanks I didn't know how people were doing that. And aww man I wanted him to be riding a chocobo that would have been so cool, Oh well, I still want him in my clan.