PDA

View Full Version : Morally wrong...?

Peter_20
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
My parents got divorced in 2001, and then they were, of course, splitting all different possessions between each other.
However, when my father was official owner of their former house that they had owned together, my mother realized that she'd forgotten to bring her bike, which she had got from her grandmother.
Father didn't really care about her owning it, and went "the bike now belongs to my possessions, you should've considered this thing before".
I think this behaviour was pretty unnecessary, and I seriously consider stealing the bike from him, and bring it back to mother; I don't care about the law and whatnot, him keeping my mother's stuff is MORALLY wrong,
and moral > law anyday.
I don't think my stealing it from him is wrong at all, because he snatched it from my mother from the beginning, though he was unaware of it himself.

What would you say about it?
In fact, why is he so hellbent on keeping it, anyway?
It's my MOTHER'S bike, for God's sake! :mad:

Loony BoB
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
If it's a girl's bike, I can't see the law really siding with him over such a petty matter anyway. Okay maybe I can see it happening but I don't know. However, saying morals are above the law is kind of iffy. A lot of this sort of thing goes down to the parents and what they're like as people. If he's the kind of guy who would take the wife to court over it, if he's the kind of guy who would try to come over and get it back, abusive, etc.

Chris
05-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Are you serious about this? If you are, your father is acting really immature. Just talk to him calmly, and tell him how he should do it for you. He should give it back, it belongs to your mother.

Leeza
05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Your father is only doing this to hurt you mother further, in my opinion. Of course I think it's also only because he has been hurt himself and wants to hurt back. It's a Catch 22 thing. But, in either case, he really has no use for the bike, but he'll keep it just because it's hurting your mother. If it were me I would have no qualms about taking the bike myself and just giving it to your mother because it was and is her bike as it is not part of the actual house itself.

Roto13
05-15-2006, 06:18 PM
moral > law anyday.
It's cute that you believe that.

Anyways, if someone with the mind of an adult was in your father's position, he'd just give it back.

KentaRawr!
05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Your father's choice is foolish. If a bike is on someone elses property, it's not the owner of said property's bike. Just like how if my Sister were to put her Diary in my room, it wouldn't be mine.

I agree with Leeza. It's just to hurt your Mother. I see absolutely nothing wrong with taking the bike back.