PDA

View Full Version : Do you tend to spend full nights just playing?

Peter_20
05-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Sometimes I go obsessed over a video game, and can just keep playing it until I beat it.
However, I play during the nights, because I kinda feel guilty while playing when the sun shines outside. :cool::rolleyes2
I start playing at, like 10 P.M., and then I sit there with a cup of tea or something, and keep playing until the light of day. :)
It's pretty nice indeed, at least if you do it sparingly. :cool:

Do you recognize this? :cool::eek::D

Cid Vicious
05-15-2006, 01:53 PM
I've only ever done it playing FFIX and Tomb Raider 2.
The only two games i've been obsessed with completing.

Roto13
05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I tend to make myself stop around midnight. That doesn't mean I don't play all day, though.

Reine
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Well, my awake hours are usually very late. Bedtime for me is usually 6am.

Im curently obsessed with Suikoden Tactics, and I spend HOURS on it.

Breine
05-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Me and one of my friends used to do it every single weekend. We did not just play one game, though. We both brought all of our games, and then we played several of them... sometimes we even continued untill dinner-time the next day... ah, that was nice times:cool:

~SapphireStar~
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh yes, they are the damm best. Specially when you order take out whilst playing :D So much fun! I'd get to a save point, save and then plan on going to sleep. But curiosty would get the better of me and I'd continue on! Use to do it alot in high school and it affected my grades, so DONT DO THAT!

Reine
05-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh yes, they are the damm best. Specially when you order take out whilst playing :D So much fun! I'd get to a save point, save and then plan on going to sleep. But curiosty would get the better of me and I'd continue on! Use to do it alot in high school and it affected my grades, so DONT DO THAT!

Yeah, that is a VERY common occurence. "Just to end of this chapter..." *saves game* "Hmm, just a peek.." *reabsorbed into the game for 4 more chapters* "Damn" *saves* "Lets have a look..." *reabsorbed*

Four hours later, I FINALLY turn it off...

Peter_20
05-15-2006, 02:26 PM

Yeah, that is a VERY common occurence. "Just to end of this chapter..." *saves game* "Hmm, just a peek.." *reabsorbed into the game for 4 more chapters* "Damn" *saves* "Lets have a look..." *reabsorbed*

Four hours later, I FINALLY turn it off...lol, so true. :D

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2006, 02:56 PM
I used to wake up early on weekends and play until bedtime. But I haven't done that in over a year now as gaming has kind of taken a back seat for me.

My all-nighters will forever be reserved for finishing assessments at the last minute. Nothing will take that away from me. :cry:

Shaun
05-15-2006, 03:22 PM
I'd like to start doing this more, especially with the holidays coming up. It's probably best with RPGs though.

Roto13
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I used to play games a lot more in high school. Now that I have my summer break coming up, maybe I'll get through some of the backlog of games I have unfinished.

XxSephirothxX
05-15-2006, 03:37 PM
No. I get bored or a headache/eyeache after playing games for hours. I've never had the drive to stay up all night just to play a videogame.

Chris
05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I play my POKéMON games all the time. Yes, even all through the night. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

Meat Puppet
05-15-2006, 03:52 PM
The only game I've ever spent all night playing is Morrowind. It tricks you. I take a little in-game stroll after dinner and next thing I know the morning sun is shining through the blinds and those birds are making those brain-rattling vocal noises or whatever it is.

Reine
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I always take breaks from games to attempt to have them last longer, so In the gaps, I'll be working on FFVII (No im not a fanboy }=0), FFVIII, Star Ocean 3 and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

fantasyjunkie
05-15-2006, 03:56 PM
The only game I've ever spent all night playing is Morrowind. It tricks you. I take a little in-game stroll after dinner and next thing I know the morning sun is shining through the blinds and those birds are making those brain-rattling vocal noises or whatever it is.
That has happened to me too!

~SapphireStar~
05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Only have toilet breaks :D I'll have a drink and a sandwich at the ready, but I wont have anything to eat or drink for a good while.

I'd like to start doing this more, especially with the holidays coming up. It's probably best with RPGs though.
Ive only ever done it with RPGs myself, but yeah holidays are excellent all nighter time :D

DeathKnight
05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Me and one of my friends used to do it every single weekend. We did not just play one game, though. We both brought all of our games, and then we played several of them... sometimes we even continued untill dinner-time the next day... ah, that was nice times:cool:

yup....me and my supposed "best friend" used to do the same thing

Dreddz
05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Sometimes, Its usually on fighting games, or a good RPG.

mooglebunni608
05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I only did it when I got KH and KH2. That was fun :D

NeoCracker
05-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I've been up almost 2 days straight playing a video game, stopping only for food and bathroom. And on the bathroom I tend to hold it for quite a while. I can get overly obsessed when I get into a game.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I've done this with SSBM, Morrowind, FFTA, Halo 2, and KH, among others.

I Took the Red Pill
05-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I often do that with Guild Wars and/or Oblivion.

Hawkeye
05-15-2006, 09:02 PM
No, I don't have much time to do that anymore.

oddler
05-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, man. I've done that with countless games. Ogre Battle was the big one when I was younger. Also, a couple months ago I was working 3rd shift with my brother and my cousin. On our days off, we would stay up all night and play Phantasy Star Online. Awesome!

Mirage
05-15-2006, 09:45 PM
I did that a lot when I was younger. Nowadays there's just too many things I need to do at specific times, so I can't sleep whenever I want to.

Yamaneko
05-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I rather sleep than play games.

Carmilla
05-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I rather sleep than play games.

I wouldnt. Sleep is boring. :p

Anyways, nights are when i usually play games.
I get off work at midnight and usually play from 1 am - 4 am.

The only truly overnight super marathons i had were with FF Tactics and Resident Evil 4. :choc2:

LunarWeaver
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I used to play Diablo and then Diablo II until my body reminded me it needed things, you know like water and food and all that stuff that gets in the way... So yeah I would go sleep deprived big time.

Rin.
05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Gah, i did with star ocean tteot, Xenosaga 2 and am doing it now with MagnaCarta, XD
I think i did it with all the FF games 7 and up anyways.

ZeZipster
05-15-2006, 11:01 PM
MMORPGs

Yuffie514
05-16-2006, 12:17 AM
* Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSX)...one of the best all-nighters.
* Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)...i won't play another one like this for about a year, xD.
* Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)...so many hills to cross, what lies behind them?
* Final Fantasy X (PS2)...no purpose, now that i'm satisfied with my accomplishments.
* Final Fantasy XI (PC)...it was fun; i'm considering cancellation.
* Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (PS2)...staying up all-night with stealth assassins.
* et-cetera

i just play during the night since it's the only time i have, plus i am not one who easily falls asleep.

KentaRawr!
05-16-2006, 01:25 AM
I used to with Super Mario RPG. I didn't even realize I was playing all night. I stayed up all day, too. And I never showed signs of getting tired...

Funky times, eh?

Darknite
05-19-2006, 07:56 PM
final fantasy X, FFadvance tactics, Pokemon, and even one all-nighter on Monster Hunter