PDA

View Full Version : Has any1 killed ruby the old school way??

Emerald weapon
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
If any1 has tell us your maraculous story of how you trained and carried it out because am starting ff7 again(out of sheer boredom)and i want to do something memorable,so killing ruby the old school way is the most memorable thing i could think of,i actully dont' think its possible and if any1 has you shall have my undying respect

Ultima Shadow
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Uh... what's the "old-school" way?

Oh, and I've defeated Ruby Weapon without materia, if that's what you meant. So that's completely possible. :greenie:

Gullick
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Uh... what's the "old-school" way?

Oh, and I've defeated Ruby Weapon without materia, if that's what you meant. So that's completely possible. :greenie:

*bows*
you have MY respect

-Gull-

Emerald weapon
05-15-2006, 08:48 PM
yes i meant without materia just hacking away at him for yonks,well done!!must say youre a better gamer than ill ever be!!how long did it take you?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
i did about 20 omnislashes and 40 4 cuts and still couldn't take him down

Ultima Shadow
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
yes i meant without materia just hacking away at him for yonks,well done!!must say youre a better gamer than ill ever be!!how long did it take you?A really long times, as you'll only be able to do 9999 with each hit and will spend a lot of your time healing etc. You should use Yuffie with her ultimate weapon equiped, as her weapon does more dammage on tougher opponents. And Ruby Weapon is one of the toughest opponents in the game. You should bring as many X-Potions and Elexirs as possible, along with a lots of "Dazers". Dazers are items that can stun Ruby Weapon for a while. Also, you should bring a few Hero Drinks.

At the start of the battle, you should use your Hero Drinks on Yuffie in order to boost her stats. I would recomend having the "Sadness" effect on Yuffie as well, as it boosts her defense even more. Then it's pretty much just all about hitting, healing and stunning. :greenie:

It's important that you've got good equiupment, of course.

Twilight Edge
05-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Question,how does sadness boost defence,if I may ask?I completed it on Sunday and now I'm going back to fight the Weapons.

Ultima Shadow
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Fury= You take more dammage but Limmit Gauge fills faster.

Sadness= You take less dammage but Limmit Gauge fills slower.

Emerald weapon
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
well done!!!ill give it a shot!!!!(which will be a while away cuz am only at shinra building lol),good luck 2 you omnislasher you'll need it!!

Twilight Edge
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info Ultima Shadow!

TheSpoonyBard
05-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Fury= You take more dammage but Limmit Gauge fills faster.

Sadness= You take less dammage but Limmit Gauge fills slower.
Fury - Your Attack% is decreased and your Limit Gauge fills twice as fast.
Sadness - You receive 177/256 damage and your Limit Gauge fills half as fast.

Fixed.

Fury decreases the accuracy of both physical and magical attacks. You do not receive more damage when you have the Fury status.