PDA

View Full Version : Wii's downloadable games...

Carmilla
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, since this is a Nintendo console we all know we will be able to download Super Mario 3, Super Metroid, Zelda - A Link to the Past, etc.

But what about 3rd party games?

Will we be able to download Castlevania Dracula X? Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger? Lufia 1 and 2? Mega Man 1-5?

How many 'quality' 3rd party companies will jump onboard the Wii's downloading campaign?

:choc2:

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Sega Genesis downloads and Turbo Graphix games have already been confirmed for the Wii.

Millia Billia
05-15-2006, 11:02 PM
My computer can do that, so unless it's free (which I'm guessing it's not), that's not a very impressive feature.

Of course, I don't buy consoles for the features, but rather the games.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Ok, since this is a Nintendo console we all know we will be able to download Super Mario 3, Super Metroid, Zelda - A Link to the Past, etc.

But what about 3rd party games?

Will we be able to download Castlevania Dracula X? Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger? Lufia 1 and 2? Mega Man 1-5?

How many 'quality' 3rd party companies will jump onboard the Wii's downloading campaign?

:choc2:
the whole nes library and snes library and n64 library too i heard

ZeZipster
05-15-2006, 11:15 PM
This is one of the few features that interested me... I can't help but wonder if you can download Duck Hunt, and if so would take advantage of the motion sensing Wii controller? I also have to wonder about where these games will go. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation games may be fairly small in file size, but what about the 64? Will it just be ditched, and will people after a large collection of games on their Wii be left out in the dust?

KentaRawr!
05-16-2006, 01:20 AM
It depends on what companies support the Wii. Since there are alot of 3rd Parties developing or planning to develop for the Wii, It's a good chance we will see alot of older 3rd party games. We might see Square games downloadable for the Wii, as Square is making FF:CC for the Wii. We can't really confirm it, though. But if a company had the chance to sell their old games again without having to actually develop the carts, I think they would take the chance. :o

Tidus Andronicus
05-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Seems like Nintendo has a lot of great things going with their Vconsole downloads. The ability to play such a full library of Nintendo games, and Sega games, as well as others... is an amazing feature! That in itself increases the worth of the console, making it an even better deal for the price.

Course, to me, it depends on how much these games cost. I've been assured that 1st party games from Nintendo will be cheap, some even free. But I'm sure nothing for download will be too expensive.

Hawkeye
05-16-2006, 01:50 AM
I wonder what the fee to these games will be.

KentaRawr!
05-16-2006, 03:07 AM
Same here, but I think a fair price for N64 games would be $5 at the very least. o.o

Vermachtnis
05-16-2006, 03:48 AM
I wonder if games not released in the states will be downloadable. I'd like to pick up a few Shin Megami Tensei games.

Agent Proto
05-16-2006, 03:57 AM
I heard it will be this.

"few" bucks - NES
$5 - SNES
$10 - N64

However, I'm not exact on that, but that is what's speculated.

Erdrick Holmes
05-16-2006, 04:36 AM
There'll probably be a deal where if you buy a Wii you get a download or two for free.

Rase
05-16-2006, 05:04 AM
I also have to wonder about where these games will go. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation games may be fairly small in file size, but what about the 64? Will it just be ditched, and will people after a large collection of games on their Wii be left out in the dust?

One option would be for them to keep a record of who has payed for what game already. After the initial fee, you'd be free to download and delete it as often as you'd like, since you already bought it. I already know of one online game-rental type place that does something similar to this. That's just pure speculation on my part though.

I can see a good number of companies taking advantage of this part of the system. I mean, it'd be fairly easy to make the game able to be downloaded and run on the Wii, and the money they made in royalties/license fees would probably more than make up for it with most games. I myself am looking forward to the TurboGrafx 16 games, since I've heard a number were good and never had the chance to play them.

Erdrick Holmes
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
You know what would be cool? Since Kojima and Miyamoto are good partners (IE Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Snake appearing in the next Smash Bros game) I think the origional Metal Gear 1 and 2 games should be downloadable as well, like the way they appeared on MGS3: Subsistance.