PDA

View Full Version : Question...[Spoilers]

cloud20747
05-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I was wondering people were saying Sora is Half-Heartless. When did this happen? I understand that in the first one he unlocked his heart turning into a heartless but what proof is there saying he's half heartless? I'm not denying this I just want some proof of this. Thanks in advance!

LunarWeaver
05-15-2006, 10:50 PM
He's not half-heartless... I suppose they say that because of anti-form, where he takes on the appearance of a heartless and is supposed to represent the time he spent as one. But past tense, he's all human now. Well, and maybe a little lion too...and Merboy.

Tavrobel
05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
He's not a Heartless, although, by definition, you could support that you are playing with his Heartless for most of KHI and KHII. There is no Half-Heartless, you either are one, or are not. Hearts are counted in integers, so you can't have .5 of a Heart. You can FIX .5 of a Heart, but for it to completely gone, means that you have a grand total of 0.0. Exact values, please.

A person is made of three parts, a Body, Soul, and Heart. By definition, a Heartless is when a person loses his Heart. His being succumbs to the Darkness, being a hateful, anomalous thing, that consumes others in order to ease its pain, if it even eases it at all. Also by definition, A Nobody is created, which is the Body and Soul left behind.

Since Sora loses his Heart (multiple times, I might add), as well as Kairi, whose Heart goes with Sora when Destiny Islands buckles in on itself, when their Hearts join together at their meeting, the theory goes that the wrong Heart went to the wrong body, and only rejoined at the end of the game, as symbolized by the drawing of Sora and Kairi's heads, each giving each other a Star, which symbolizes the Heart. When Sora unlocks himself, he loses both of their Hearts, but they both stay with Kairi, which is why Sora becomes a Heartless. Roxas/Namine are also created. So, thereofre, at the end of KHI, Sora and Kairi are whole... or so we thought. Then you throw in CoM, and the ability of Namine to manipulate Sora's memories.

What one could deem by literary license, is that a Heartless is whenever one is split into its respective halves -- if you have a Nobody, then you are the Heartless. One could think that "Sora" played at the end of KHI and most of KHII, is a Heartless, but in Human form. The justification is that Ansem Darkseeker was also a true Heartless, but had a human form, and that Roxas does not fully reunite until Memory Skyscraper, which means that Final Form is Sora, as a whole, and fully wielding the power of the Keyblade as its Master should be. Anti-Form could also be used to justify that Sora cannot keep up the Charade longer, and he falls to the Dark thoughts within his mind, and unleashes power, unholy, and not with aid of the Keyblade. He also doesn't use recharging Orbs.

Of course the argument against the theory, is the exception of Kairi. She lost her Heart, but no Heartless formed, and also because she has no Darkness inside of her. This is untrue of Sora, who DOES have Darkness in him; he is no Princess of Heart.
It could also be disproven about Final Form, that even if it is Sora with full powers, it still comes with the Sacrifice of Donald and Goofy, for a short time. This means that Sora's wielding powers are not fully mature. Still doesn't stop the fact that Final is received AFTER Memory Skyscraper, when Roxas recognizes the powers of Sora.
Another problem, is that Anti-Form is really based on the Uniform that he now wears; his clothes are Magical. They allow him to access a certain part of his power pool, and specialize in it. Valor, Wisdom, Master, they all also contribute to the invisible counter that determines Anti-Form.

Then again, his powers could be all in the clothes. But the exception is, that if he had a Ring, then he would no longer be Sora. He'd be Sauron. OMG SAURON IS SORA BUT REARANGED! "N" AND "U" AREN'T REAL LETTERS. Or, OMG N/U = X! OMG SAURON IS ROXAS!

That's both sides of the argument, although, I myself can't really argue the "he's a Heartless" side as well as I can argue the "he's NOT a Heartless". It's not a complete argument, but enough to get people started.

cloud20747
05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanx guys I just didn't want to bash someone and not have the right answer

SeeDRankLou
05-18-2006, 12:15 AM
What one could deem by literary license, is that a Heartless is whenever one is split into its respective halves -- if you have a Nobody, then you are the Heartless. One could think that "Sora" played at the end of KHI and most of KHII, is a Heartless, but in Human form. The justification is that Ansem Darkseeker was also a true Heartless, but had a human form, and that Roxas does not fully reunite until Memory Skyscraper, which means that Final Form is Sora, as a whole, and fully wielding the power of the Keyblade as its Master should be. Anti-Form could also be used to justify that Sora cannot keep up the Charade longer, and he falls to the Dark thoughts within his mind, and unleashes power, unholy, and not with aid of the Keyblade. He also doesn't use recharging Orbs.

Of course the argument against the theory, is the exception of Kairi. She lost her Heart, but no Heartless formed, and also because she has no Darkness inside of her. This is untrue of Sora, who DOES have Darkness in him; he is no Princess of Heart.
When a heartless is formed, the amount of darkness that was in that person/being's heart has something to do with them being a heartless. When Sora turned into a heartless, he had very little darkness in his heart, but not none. So that amount of darkness affected how he changed when he became a heartless. Xehanort had become obsessed with the darkness and had taken it into himself completely, weilding the darkness like no one else. So I think that when Xehanort turned into a heartless, his entire being was already darkness, so it was like he was already a heartless, he just needed to lose his heart. The darkness didn't change him because that's all there was. Kairi on the otherhand was the opposite but had the same outcome. Kairi is one of the seven princesses of heart, which means that there is no darkness in her heart. So when her heart left her body and she became a heartless, there was no darkness in her heart to change her appearance, so her appearance didn't change. I know this whole situation is up for debate, but that's just how I see it.

However, I will say that I don't think Sora is a heartless anymore. Like Tavrobel said, when Sora unlocked Kairi's heart, his heart went with hers, and when she protected him from the heartless, she somehow gave him his heart back, and he became himself again. Though incomplete because of the existence of Roxas, definately not a heartless anymore.