PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss playing Final Fantasy?

hardboiled
05-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I really really want to play one of the games completely through, like I used to during high school and grade school because I feel I'll actually understand the story better and get more from it. Plus, I just miss FF 3 and 8 and would love to play them again. But I just have too much to do nowadays, studying for college... Anyone else feel this way? or is the solution to play the game a little bit every once and a while or should I wait till I have a long break and go crazy with playing em.

Leeza
05-15-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm in the same boat and wish I could just sit through a whole game, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. As it is I've got three games that I sit down and play when I can. Today it was and hour of FFVI. Tomorrow might be nothing. You don't get quite the same affect playing the game in little bits at a time compared to the whole thing.

dirkdirden
05-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah Same boat.

College For 4 years then working two jobs 80 hours a week.

and I have a GF and two dogs that are always starving for attention.

No game time for me.

Lynx
05-16-2006, 12:23 AM
dont go too long wihtout playing or you could lose your interest in video games.

Levian
05-16-2006, 12:24 AM
What's stopping you? Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap. School is for wimps. Video games are of a higher priority than silly things like education or social life. :cool:

rubah
05-16-2006, 12:26 AM
I've been thinking about replaying them because I forget what happened in some of them.

well except ff8. i just want to find my memory card and continue my uberstatified!omega quest;o

Yuffie514
05-16-2006, 12:32 AM
it's been about three weeks since i touched a Final Fantasy game, even though last week was Silent Hill week...

Chris
05-16-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm in the same boat and wish I could just sit through a whole game, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. As it is I've got three games that I sit down and play when I can. Today it was and hour of FFVI. Tomorrow might be nothing. You don't get quite the same affect playing the game in little bits at a time compared to the whole thing.
That's exactly the same for me. Whenever I start a game, I can't seem to sit through it for more than an hour at the most. I don't know what happened down the road, but they don't seem to grab my attention as they used to. And when I finally do sit my ass down to play, I use the old files on my memory card! WITH MY UBERS. :(

Sephex
05-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I wish I had a little more time to game these days in general. I been backing off a bit on purpose recently, but now that I want to get back to my usual frequency, I keep on getting busy!

Skarr
05-16-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm trying to play FFVII right now...but I screwed myself outta going into the HonneyBee Inn so I'm a little pissed. :mad:

escobert
05-16-2006, 12:51 AM
What's stopping you? Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap. School is for wimps. Video games are of a higher priority than silly things like education or social life. :cool:
qft

Jebus
05-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Haven't played Final Fantasy in over a year, and I don't particularly care that much.

I have Suikoden now anyway.

Leeza
05-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Work, housework, laundry, shopping for food, etc., modding you all.... :cat:

Shlup
05-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Putting video games before school would make an interesting waste of my multiple thousand dollar education that I've almost completed.

Between the double course load I'm taking this quarter, attempting to get into my grad program, work, and planning my wedding for this summer I hardly have time to breathe, let alone turn on a console.

Khaotic
05-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Playing FF Tactics as we speak :o I occasionally still get bored of FF's, but its doing alright right now.

ZeZipster
05-16-2006, 02:52 AM
What's Final Fantasy?

hardboiled
05-16-2006, 04:14 AM

hahahaha...Right on!!

Millia Billia
05-16-2006, 07:03 AM
It's not difficult to find the time. No one is completely void of free time...you just have priorities, and you'd prefer to spend your freetime doing those other things rather than playing Final Fantasy games.

Proof? You're posting on this board.

Peter_20
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
What's stopping you? Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap. School is for wimps. Video games are of a higher priority than silly things like education or social life. :cool:XD

I would rather say this:
Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap: you could still play video games after finishing school, how about starting at 9 P.M. and go to bed 11 P.M., or something?

Levian
05-16-2006, 12:33 PM

Don't be silly :D You mod us while you work, so that's a two in one. A real timesaver right there. You have kids don't you? :mog: Or even better, a husband? :greenie: Whip 'em around. This should be no problem for you, it'll be just like EoFF. :jess: And in case that doesn't work out, just skip laundry or something.

-N-
05-17-2006, 02:53 AM
RSL and I had a discussion about this once. Just because we grow up and move on to different things doesn't mean that we have forgotten the joy and fun we had while engaging in those games. It still remains a critical part of my past; just not my present. It may be in my future, who knows. It is sad to me that I can not really finish an FF anymore, especially my favorites, but maybe I am just looking for something new to play. I may not be as much into FF, but I'm definitely still into video games.

hardboiled
05-17-2006, 04:01 AM
What's stopping you? Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap. School is for wimps. Video games are of a higher priority than silly things like education or social life. :cool:XD

I would rather say this:
Don't give me any of that "omg school" crap: you could still play video games after finishing school, how about starting at 9 P.M. and go to bed 11 P.M., or something?

I am attempting to do so. I played FF 8 last night and it was a blast!!! All 20 minutes of it!! hahhaha.. But really, I feel like I'm getting a lot more out of it this time around. I appreciate everything more like the beautiful view Garden has and all the characters.. jeez I'm a geek.

Zeromus_X
05-17-2006, 06:09 AM
If you liked a movie or book because of it's atmosphere, would that make you a geek? No, it just makes you a fan of that title/series.

As for me, I haven't played an FF for awhile. I still play other RPGs, but not FFs for awhile. Still, I do want to complete that NSG challenge someday...:cat:

Work, housework, laundry, shopping for food, etc., modding you all....

Don't forget about taking care of the kitties!!

dirkdirden
05-17-2006, 06:26 AM
It's not difficult to find the time. No one is completely void of free time...you just have priorities, and you'd prefer to spend your freetime doing those other things rather than playing Final Fantasy games.

Proof? You're posting on this board.

I work two desk jobs over 80 hours a week with internet thats how I post on this site......and If I started playing video games I just might get fired.

and its not that we can't find time to play them, its that we can't find enought time. I still play them about 2 hours a week but what is 2 hours in an RPG can't even get out of sector 7 in FFVII in that amount of time.

son_of_squall
05-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I am playing a few right now FF7,8,X,X-2. I am also waiting on FFXII,XIII,FFVII:DOC I can't wait for all of them i am so freaking exstatic
So how can i miss playing them

BustaMo
05-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm out of high school as well but I still enjoy going back and playing FF games. Currently I'm working on FFVI and attempting to get a lot of the older one's completed before FFXII releases this October here in the US. It's always great fun to relive memories. I'll be playing FF's (old and new) for life.