PDA

View Full Version : gackt in DoC

Angelroo
05-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Assuming that you all know that Gackt (japanese popstar) was in the Japanese version, I was wondering if anyone knows if his role will be altered in the localisation process. I really like the theme song for DoC, Redemption. Hopefully it stays...SO will he stay in the American version; and do you WANT him in it?

Orophin
05-16-2006, 02:49 AM
He will still be in the americain version, the song will also remain untouch.

http://dirgeofcerberus.net/fullstory.php?subaction=showfull&id=1147528397&archive=&start_from=&ucat=36&

The gothic Japanese renaissance man--who makes music, acts, provides anime voice work, and stars in his own game in his mother country--adds his likeness to an enigmatic character in Dirge of Cerberus, as well as providing two songs for the soundtrack. We had to confirm that Gackt's contributions would remain intact for those members of the American audience looking forward to them.

FallenAngel411
05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Well that's exciting. I heart Gackt! But not in an obsessive fangirlish way, really....:shifty:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I basically have to get this game on principle since he's a villain, which opens up the possiblility of killing or at least fighting and beating down Gackt.

Angelroo
05-16-2006, 09:58 PM
OH, sweet he'll still be in it! I think it's interesting that he'll be in a Final Fantasy, but if anyone looks like one of Nomura's characters, it's him. Plus I love Gackt too. He's crazy. :cool:

BustaMo
05-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Real life and Fantasy should not be mixed I believe. Gackt is being rewarded for complaining and attempting to take action due to the fact he thinks that Square ripped him off with the Squall character. I don't care who the person is in the world, they do not deserve to be portrayed in any FF game due to the fact that FF's are all about fiction and what Square can come up with to wow us. I don't want any real-life pop artist in a game... :-/

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Real life and Fantasy should not be mixed I believe. Gackt is being rewarded for complaining and attempting to take action due to the fact he thinks that Square ripped him off with the Squall character. I don't care who the person is in the world, they do not deserve to be portrayed in any FF game due to the fact that FF's are all about fiction and what Square can come up with to wow us. I don't want any real-life pop artist in a game... :-/

They did do that with Koda Kumi for Final Fantasy X-2. If you look, you can even see that Yuna's appearance was altered to be more like Koda Kumi's.

BustaMo
05-18-2006, 04:55 AM
They did do that with Koda Kumi for Final Fantasy X-2. If you look, you can even see that Yuna's appearance was altered to be more like Koda Kumi's.
Ah, man I didn't even know who Koda Kumi was until now; thanks for pointing that out. But I'm just glad they didn't go and name a character after her, but instead called her Yuna and was made to believe she was just a new character that takes a huge role in FFX and FFX-2. Once again, thanks for pointing that out; I'm glad I see this comparison now.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Kumi_Koda.jpg

valentine
05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Ah, man I didn't even know who Koda Kumi was until now; thanks for pointing that out. But I'm just glad they didn't go and name a character after her, but instead called her Yuna and was made to believe she was just a new character that takes a huge role in FFX and FFX-2. Once again, thanks for pointing that out; I'm glad I see this comparison now.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Kumi_Koda.jpg

Genesis is just a new character that takes a role in Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core...

Angelroo
05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
So the gackt character is in crisis core, too?

Shiny
05-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm guessing he's going to do the English version then. Ugh...the engrish is coming.:eep:

+syou+
06-13-2006, 04:16 AM
thats cool that he's goin to be in the american version!!:D

ChibiRinoa
06-15-2006, 01:33 AM
You know... I don't really understand the problem that people have with a real life actor appearing in this game. Yes, it happens to be a well-known pop star (in Japan anyway), but it's not like he's going to play himself, you know. He's gonna play a character, the only difference is he's a physical actor rather than just a voice actor.

And besides, his character's role in the game is so small... The songs he contributed are more noticable than his actual part in it, really.

As for the Engrish; I have heard clips of the man speaking English, and it's actually quite good, even his accent. And if he's going to redub himself, you just know he's going to work to improve his accent until it's good enough. He's just that kind of perfectionist, and it shows through in all his work.

LunaticPandora37
06-16-2006, 01:33 AM
i don't really care as long as he fits the part fine then i am ok with it.
its not like they are putting arnold in it...now that would be scary...

lolz...

Hayabusa
06-17-2006, 04:54 AM
AW COME ON! MICHEAL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER game was AWESOME. lol

Angelroo
06-17-2006, 06:49 PM
LOL. Ahnold in ff. I think Gackt (or rather, hs character "G") is gonna be in crisis core too. Look at this picture of the art for CC. It's him he BACK!

http://playstationportable.gaming-universe.de/screens/crisiscoreffVIIscan6.jpg

DarknessFromAbove
06-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I love Gackt, hopefully he'll do a good job in DoC, but I'm not too worried. And, he's in CC too; Project G. The only thing that bothers me is that they're throwing in a prototype of Sephy, at leat that's what I think it is. But otherwise, Gackt's my hero ^_^ and I'm excited to have him be part of VII.

Acid Raine
06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
meh. It matters not to me. I dont really like Gackt. Anyone who calls his fans his "dears" is just creepy.

Hayabusa
06-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Or maybe he just is very grateful for his fans and appreciates them.

Acid Raine
06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
maybe. But I still find it bizarre.

Kamiko
06-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I want the Japanese version... I think I'll just order that...

Shiny
06-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, that's probably for the best. Considering his engrish singing is pretty scary. :eep:

DarknessFromAbove
06-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah, that's probably for the best. Considering his engrish singing is pretty scary. :eep:

Aww, I think his engrish is cute, and besides, it's gotten better. At least we can understand it now :love: . . . well, most of it

DarkLord
06-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Well that's exciting. I heart Gackt! But not in an obsessive fangirlish way, really....:shifty:
I heart Gackt?...
Heart Attack, lol.
Anyway, I hadn't heard of Gackt before DoC, but he sounds cool enough.

ValkyrieWing
07-26-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm listening to Redemtion right now...^_^

Has anyone seen the secret ending on you-tube?

Angelroo
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
No, not the secret ending, but I do like the song Redemption

ValkyrieWing
07-27-2006, 03:21 AM
No, not the secret ending, but I do like the song Redemption

^_^

I love that song...

anyway...apparently the video of DoC's secret ending's on you-tube...my friend found it and made me watch it....

XDDDD

OMFG.

Angelroo
07-27-2006, 04:20 AM
Is the secret ending FMV or is it really Gackt (erm, ya know what I mean)? I saw pics and I can't tell :confused:

ValkyrieWing
07-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Is the secret ending FMV or is it really Gackt (erm, ya know what I mean)? I saw pics and I can't tell :confused:

Um...I'm not exactly sure either...but I THINK it's CG. Really INCREDIBLE CG, but CG.:love:

Love, love, love!

Hearts
07-31-2006, 09:26 AM
I'll be waaaaaay excited with Gackt in it! :D

Zeromus_X
07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
I basically have to get this game on principle since he's a villain, which opens up the possiblility of killing or at least fighting and beating down Gackt.
And I can play as Kitten Sith while doing it! I must get this game!

ChibiRinoa
08-01-2006, 02:22 AM
That's really him. They actually filmed him and then put that footage in the game. Though I do believe it's been slightly altered to look a bit more CG.

But yeah, that's him acting it all out just as you see it. None of that silly motion capture suit stuff in there, though he did have plenty of green screen.

Angelroo
08-01-2006, 03:22 AM
OOh, i see. I thought so. But with cg these days you never know...

ValkyrieWing
08-01-2006, 06:01 AM
*fangirling*

That makes me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I love this song :spin:

ValkyrieWing
08-11-2006, 07:15 AM
I played it really loud in the car...and kept getting funny looks. ^_^;;