PDA

View Full Version : Eoff game advice

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-16-2006, 01:01 AM
OK i have about three months holiday in the summer and I plan to spend some time playing video games. A lot of the old PSX games are now cheaply available and it is those that I am targetting to buy. I'd like to use this thread to ask for advice from others (i.e. reviews, recommendations, general tips etc). I'll be using this from time to time so I would appreciate it if this thread is kept open and spamless.

1. I've never played Wipeout before but it looks terrific. Can anyone sum up the aim of the game for me and rate it out of 10?
2. How many of the Wipeout series are on the PSX?

Cid Vicious
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Wipeout Is dated now, but It's still an Awesome game.
The Gameplay, Graphics and Sound are 10 out of 10.
The Gameplay is Mario Cart on Speed, You race round futueristic Tracks, picking up Power-Ups and Weapons to destroy your opponents. It was Breathtaking when It was released on the PS1, but It might not be now, It depends weather you've played games like that before. But you should get It If It's cheap.

There's around 4 Wipeouts on the PS.
Wipeout
Wipeout 2097
Wipeout 3
Wipeout XL

Dreddz
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
If you own a PSP, get Wipeout Pure. If you want to get the PSX versions, Get Wip3out. The game wont be as great now as it was then, but its definately a great game. Fusion for PS2 was good, but the tracks, music and feel of the old games isnt there IMO.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the assistance guys :) I well and truly benefitted from it

3. What the heck is Final Fantasy origins?

Master Quan
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Wipeout Is dated now, but It's still an Awesome game.
The Gameplay, Graphics and Sound are 10 out of 10.

I can appreciate Wipeout as much as the next guy, but 10/10? Be reasonable.

Graphics 6.5/10
Sound 6/10
Gameplay 8/10

edit: FFO is the PSX collectors edition of FF1 and 2.

Dreddz
06-03-2006, 12:03 AM
3. What the heck is Final Fantasy origins?
It is a port of FFI + II for the PSX, the graphics have gotten better, and has a few extra features not found in the originals.

Levian
06-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Spyro games
Tekken 3
Crash Bandicoot games
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3.
Clock Tower
Final Fantasy VII to IX
Tomb Raider 2.