PDA

View Full Version : Saving Your Game

DynasticJam
05-16-2006, 09:14 AM
When you save your game for Final Fantasy X, do you save your progress in one save file or do you fill up your memory card with loads of saves at different points in the game?

starseeker
05-16-2006, 09:34 AM
One save file, my memory card had a lot of games on it so I need to save space

Tavrobel
05-16-2006, 03:22 PM
One file. If you need to, make multiple saves, but in FFX, you shouldn't need it.

Vivisteiner
05-16-2006, 05:18 PM
3 or 4, just for the heck of it since I don't have too many other saved files.

crazybayman
05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
heh.......yeah, use as few save files as possible, if you want to reduce loading and saving times. I found the more save files I had, the more time it took to save.....like any PC.

SeeDRankLou
05-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I usually use four save files, but that's for most any RPG I play, just in case I want to go back a bit and do something differently.

Mirage
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
I usually have 3 for each game I play. One for backup in case I do something stupid and save, save over the wrong file, or the power cuts off while saving, and one in case I need to do something differently. I save over the oldest out of the backup and the current game file.

rubah
05-18-2006, 12:07 AM
I used lots with ffx because I really didn't need my ps2 cards for anything else.

Renmiri
05-18-2006, 01:47 AM
8 for ffx and 8 for ffx2, one memory card just for FF games ;)

Crossblades
05-18-2006, 02:12 AM
I only need one file

Malboro_Menace
05-18-2006, 04:04 AM
I have two. One for backup.

I've also got my friends account on my memory card :p just to muck around.

Penance_Darkslayer
05-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Two should be about the right amount. Any more takes more time to save. You should have 2 just in case you save over the wrong file or want to try or do something but not screw up your original account.

Zeromus_X
05-19-2006, 03:45 AM
I usually make a bunch to watch memorable cut scenes again. (The water scene, for example), and I do that for almost all my RPGs. (Although I usually clean out the memo card anyway, so meh.)

Laugh at face of Danger
05-19-2006, 07:14 PM
oh my! I have three for my best game, all becasue i saved over my 100 hr + game once and i cried, physically, because it was with a 1 and a half hr game (fortunately my friend had my backup file).

And on my first (crappy) game, i had many, because i didn't know if i would survive, and be able to train, etc. So I'd say a good twenty

Little Blue
05-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I have about 3 or 4 for my current save, and my best save for old playthroughs... It's about all I use my PS2 card for :p that and X-2 which is the same system

FadedDreams
05-20-2006, 04:32 AM
haha yeah i no exactly wat u mean, i save my game on at least five different slots, cuz every time theres an fmv comin up, then i save it so that if i want to c it over and over again (which happens a lot) then i can jus go right to it. it works amazingly for me, and also i do it sometimes before big bosses that i really hate fighting

Yuffie514
05-20-2006, 06:26 AM
i often have a tendency to create at least one back-up file. this is because of my Final Fantasy VIII "game saves deleted epidermic". i deleted files over and over again, and it wasn't on purpose. i liked those games where you can clump like 8 game save files and you only see one game save icon in your memory card, xD.

Jessweeee♪
05-21-2006, 02:18 AM
I'll share a story with you:
(when I saved on 1 file)
It was spring break...nothing to do but play video games and I just got FFVIII. so all week I only played FFVIII for at least 12 hrs a day, and I was hasty so I skipped a lot of battles. needless to say my gfs learned nothing and I was summoning them the whole way through until I got to Edea on disc 2 and got my ass kicked. I got so bored trying to beat her, that I decided to start a new game and do it right.
I overwrote my file.
and THEN the real horror struck (3 days later. end of break)
I still didn't do it right and ran into trouble fighting rajin and fujin on disc 3. On my little brother's next turn, instead of taking out my card and replacing it with his as he usually does, he stuck it in the second slot. When his turn was up he had to do somthing so i saved it for him...and blindly erased my file.

and...since The Spring Break that Never Was, I saved on several files.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
OMG, it happened again, i was round my mates house once and i saved over her 8 hour game, she almost throttled me.

Then just yesterday, her brother saved over her 28 hour game! She was mad

Now they're getting different memory cards and she almost throttled him

~ Oh yeah, and what's wrong with buying movie spheres?! then there's no need to make a tonne of save files