PDA

View Full Version : Tombery

Neo_Bahamut
05-16-2006, 03:28 PM
I only need to catch one last monster(tombery) to complete the catching in the cavern of the stolen faith but I just cant find him...

Is he in the chamber of the faith?

Tavrobel
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. They appear with a slightly higher frequency the deeper you go, as do Magic Pots. You must be inside the Cave, but not outside.

Neo_Bahamut
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-16-2006, 04:20 PM
ur best bet is to search in the back room with the teleporter or the secret rooms of to the side. btw for future referrence, it's T.O.N.B.E.R.R.Y

Dell
05-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think Tonberry is too hard to catch, I'm having more problem catching Master Tonberry in Omega Ruins.

starseeker
05-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I personally found master tonberries easier to find but that's probably because I spent ages in the omega ruins.

farplaner
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't think Tonberry is too hard to catch, I'm having more problem catching Master Tonberry in Omega Ruins.

Yeah, IMO tonberrys are much more difficult to encounter than master tons. Have you tried the area past ultima weapon, and before omega? You're bound to run into them there.

Penance_Darkslayer
05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Master tonberries are found about 23.76% more often in the areas illuminated by the Purple crystal things. This has been proven on 29 different save files out of 32.
As for Tonberries The area where the right turns into a large room in the sunken cave has a higher percentage chance for them there. Magic Pots are found less because their percentage 29.46% is reduced and Tonberry is increased. I'm not sure about how much Magic Pot is Reduced but there is Definently a Distinct difference about tonberry encounters there.

farplaner
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Master tonberries are found about 23.76% more often in the areas illuminated by the Purple crystal things. This has been proven on 29 different save files out of 32.
As for Tonberries The area where the right turns into a large room in the sunken cave has a higher percentage chance for them there. Magic Pots are found less because their percentage 29.46% is reduced and Tonberry is increased. I'm not sure about how much Magic Pot is Reduced but there is Definently a Distinct difference about tonberry encounters there.

That room (in the cavern) is where I go, as I have heard before that it's a good place, but it still seems to be more like 5% (encountering tonberries, and also it seems no matter where I am in the cavern those ^)(@$)#%^(&@# useless pots show up like 85% of the time!!! ....OK, that's an exagerration, but those pots have to be among the most annoying encounters in ANY FF game!

I wouldn't be bothered so much if, like in VII, they gave out a butt-load of experience pts. or AP.... Has anyone ever gotten more than say three crappy items from one? And is there any method to getting a correct hit?

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Ok so I was going down that pathway in the Omega Ruins(the one right before you fight Omega Weapon)and one of the "mini-bosses" was a master tonberry. I summoned Shiva to finish him off quickly and he used this really creepy move.Its called Voodoo where he makes a statue of the aeon and smashes it with his knife.I know that this is really out of place, but I just needed to express my feelings.I mean,I had NIGHTMARES about that attack!

yes, i am a wimp!

farplaner
06-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Ok so I was going down that pathway in the Omega Ruins(the one right before you fight Omega Weapon)and one of the "mini-bosses" was a master tonberry. I summoned Shiva to finish him off quickly and he used this really creepy move.Its called Voodoo where he makes a statue of the aeon and smashes it with his knife.I know that this is really out of place, but I just needed to express my feelings.I mean,I had NIGHTMARES about that attack!

lol. Well, you caught your last tonberry....was it worth it? :D
I usually put him to sleep with a sleep buster, and go to work on him with magic, though he halves the four basic elements' damage. Holy works well, though.

rubah
06-14-2006, 06:15 AM
there are a freaking ton of master tonberries in the omega ruins. it's much more difficult to get all your halmas.

But the last couple of monsters I had to get for nemesis were normal tonberries and barbatoses

Fantasy Lover
06-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Farplaner:
I have got several farplane winds from the pots, but it was from random guesses

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 05:49 PM

I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Well, you caught your last tonberry....was it worth it? :D
I usually put him to sleep with a sleep buster, and go to work on him with magic, though he halves the four basic elements' damage. Holy works well, though.

It was very worth it.I got alot of AP.Hey thanks for the tips

Dell
06-14-2006, 06:12 PM
LOL Master Tonberry has 30000 HP and can be killed in one hit!

About the AP, Don Tonberry is nicer.:)

Fireblade13
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
I say in omega the last thing i wanna find is a tonberry as it is the only thing that actually can defeat me if i'm not carful. Though those stupid mimics come in least fav. as they don't do anything!