PDA

View Full Version : Girl Gamers

smurph
05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
It would be badass to have a gf that you could play games with (video games that is)..i have never met one. Were are yall girls that live in my area have never herd of Final Fantasy

escobert
05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
mexico. girls don't play games geeze along wiht they don't fart or poop. Where have you been?

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I love playing video games with my other half.

RPJesus
05-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Baah!
All this crap about 'if my girly-nyerl played games! Radifical!'. It's so-ho stupid.
'Cause... what's that?! I'm a girl?! You don't say! And... how many members on this site?

Most gamers are guys, yeah, but the female ones aren't really so interesting. That's just... kinda weird. Well, except me. But that's cause I have a big hat!

Dreddz
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Dont believe what you see in movies, theres no such thing :p
Girls on here are just guys wanting attention ;)

RPJesus
05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Shoosh, sir! You'll ruin my cunning disguise!

Smurphy Johannson- maybe if you did anything but play video games you could found a relationship on something more solid. Like a shared hobby or concrete.

escobert
05-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Shoosh, sir! You'll ruin my cunning disguise!

Smurphy Johannson- maybe if you did anything but play video games you could found a relationship on something more solid. Like a shared hobby or concrete.
Or maybe a dog ^_^

~SapphireStar~
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
My ex and current boyfriend didnt believe me when I first told them I played computer games. Been playing them all my life. I play a few games with my boyfriend. At the mo, we play WoW together! I only played FF9 with my ex.

Zeldy
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Girls do like Videogames, they just don't turn into obsessive geeks like some Guys do. Girls don't show it.

Shoeberto
05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
My girlfriend is pretty into video games.

She's also hot. That's like a double bonus right there.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Girls do like Videogames, they just don't turn into obsessive geeks like some Guys do. Girls don't show it.

Obviously you don't know some of the girls I do then :p .

I know plenty of girl gamers. Video games are becoming a lot more popular among many age groups as well as both genders. They're fast becoming a large part of our culture.

smurph
05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
That is very true the worst missconception about games though it that they are for kids..thats what my dad always tell me and im like dad you probly wouldnt understand half this stuff most of it is for mature gamers

escobert
05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
My dad loves video games. He stiole my ps2 from me so her could play it. He tried to take my xbox also. Damn him.

TheSpoonyBard
05-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Girls on here are just guys wanting attention ;)
Guy
In
Real
Life

Beware of G.I.R.L.s.

~SapphireStar~
05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I use to play Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid with my old man. I had to be the walkthrough though and tell hm what to do and where to go.

m4tt
05-16-2006, 08:39 PM
My fiance is more into video games than me.

fantasyjunkie
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
My wife loves Animal Crossing and my 12 year old girl loves the Dead or Alive series. Just got her DoA4 for the 360

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
What the hell is this, now?

Miriel
05-16-2006, 09:30 PM
MATTIMUS! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/glomp.gif

Most gamers are guys, yeah, but the female ones aren't really so interesting. That's just... kinda weird.
Hi. I'm a girl. I like video games. And I am pretty weird.

But I can be pretty great sometimes too. Don't automatically discount the weird ones, at the very least you can count on us being interesting.

Yooniece
05-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm more of a video game freak than my fiance is (and he's pretty bad too).

To be honest, the general trend in America is that girl gamers are weird, scary nerds that pose little attractiveness to guy gamers anyway -_- It's not that they don't exist.

In Korea and Japan, however, there are CLANS of attractive girl gamers that play together and garner a lot of attention because they're, well, basically models playing video games. Which is hot. Because they're good. Yeah.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm a girl and I love video games. I play all kinds RPGs, 3rd person shooters, fighers, platformers, etc. I hate it when guys are always like girls can't play games. For example I was in Game Stop with my friend and we were the only girls in there and the guys had these weird expressions and I just wanted to say Metal Gear Solid 2 guys, there's our revenge.

Leeza
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Congratulations! :)

My daughter and I are both into video games. Is there any other way to be? :)

Yamaneko
05-16-2006, 10:08 PM
I would never go out with a woman who was better than me at games. You gotta show 'em who's boss.

smurph
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
i bet playing video games with your gf or wife could lead to some intresting nights....

Peegee
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
mexico. girls don't play games geeze along wiht they don't fart or poop. Where have you been?

Quoted for truth.

I have no idea where the idea of girl gamers came from. Probably weirdo 'gamer babes' in game conventions.

:p

Burtsplurt
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
A girl got me into playing FFVII at university. Er, and that's about the only girl I've known that was interested in games. I never went out with her, much to my annoyance.

DK
05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
My girlfriend is more of a gamer than me, too.

Chris
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I know quite a lot of girls who are gamers.

Levian
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Everytime a game with an unnecessary amount of blood and violence, and preferrably lack of moral, gets released, my sister and I race to the store to get it. The person who gets it first gets to play the game and the other has to wait for the other to finish it. >:/

We kinda cooperate too. She's got RE 1, 2, 3, CVX and Outbreak File 2, I have RE 4, 0, REmake and Outbreak file 1. Also, I have Silent Hill 4 while she's got the rest of the bunch. She is maybe more of a gamer than me too. She's got all of the Tomb Raider games too. Never really liked those.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-17-2006, 12:57 AM
i love video games and i live in ohio

Freya
05-17-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm a gamer and i'm a girl. Yeah people didn't know tell lately. There was this kid who was getting KH2 so i asked if i could borrow it and his friends just gave me a weird look. They're like "I didn't know you played games?"
Me: "Um i do have a "I <3 Vedio Games" shirt i wear.
Them: "Oh i thought that was like your Boyfriends or brothers. You don't act like a gamer."
Then i gave them a stare and walked off.

Now that they know i'm a gamer the think they all have a chance with me. Just 'cause i play games doesn't mean i dont have a taste in guys.

Mabye that's why girls dont show they're gamingness. They're afraid of creepy gaming losers.

Necronopticous
05-17-2006, 01:59 AM
<CENTER>http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/lg.jpg</CENTER>

DeathKnight
05-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I'm a gamer and i'm a girl. Yeah people didn't know tell lately. There was this kid who was getting KH2 so i asked if i could borrow it and his friends just gave me a weird look. They're like "I didn't know you played games?"
Me: "Um i do have a "I <3 Vedio Games" shirt i wear.
Them: "Oh i thought that was like your Boyfriends or brothers. You don't act like a gamer."
Then i gave them a stare and walked off.

Now that they know i'm a gamer the think they all have a chance with me. Just 'cause i play games doesn't mean i dont have a taste in guys.

Mabye that's why girls dont show they're gamingness. They're afraid of creepy gaming losers.

If I were you, I would say to them:

"None of you have a chance with me so don't even try it, now if you want to be friends that's a different story"

and say it with a serious face.

NeoCracker
05-17-2006, 02:20 AM
:jokey:

DeathKnight
05-17-2006, 02:23 AM

That's a 10 year old, you're like 18 :irked: though it is kinda cool to hit on young girls :jokey:

NeoCracker
05-17-2006, 02:32 AM
I feel stupid, but I have an excuse. I've been out all day in almost 90 degree weather an I'm very short on sleep.

Kaii
05-17-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm a girl gamer, but I'm a very girly gamer... I don't like games with lots of uglee things, like zombies :\ and I tend toward platformers, action, and RPGs. I love blood, violence, and perversion, but I really just like things that are pretty and cute ^^;

<---disgrace to girl gamers.

It tends not to be something I mention anyways, as I don't speak much in person unless spoken to, but if someone talks about a game I love, I'll listen intently and then mention that I play it.

I'm very patient when it comes to games, so I don't usually rush out to buy new ones or preorder; I can wait until I can afford it. Also, when I'm playing, I go slow, and I like to collect every single dropped bit of currency and items that can be found in the game.

In addition to video games, I like D&D <3.

But, any boy could beat me at any video game, as well as any girl. I'm not very good; I just genuinely enjoy them ^^;.

That's a 10 year old, you're like 18 :irked: though it is kinda cool to hit on young girls :jokey:

^ XDDDDDDD He's 21, and the girl in that picture is 18/19, believe it or not. But totally, hitting on young girls is hott.

NeoCracker
05-17-2006, 02:39 AM
who is she anyway and how would you know her age?

Necronopticous
05-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Don't worry about it.

Yamaneko
05-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Almost looks like Nicky.

Monster Hunt
05-17-2006, 02:44 AM
I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Video games!!! And i'm a girl! Although I'm more of a nintendo person I love all games!!! But the systems I own are- SNES, Nintendo 64, Game Cube, Gameboy, Game boy colour, game boy advance, Game boy advance SP, Nintendo DS and some sort of thing that lets me play NES games.

If there was no such thing as video games in the world... I'd die.

NeoCracker
05-17-2006, 02:48 AM
But now I want to know, it makes me hateful not knowing, and you wouldn't like me when I'm hateful.

I do know a few Girl Gamers, however Jenny is just weird and is addicted to sailor moon. Very odd person she is.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Yes Im a girl and Im a gamer :D Ive played video games since I was around 7 and Im 12 now :D I play all sorts of games and If I didnt have them I dont know what I'd do :p I play mostly cause my brother got me into them :D I have a PS1, PS2, N64, and a SNES.

I dont have many friends who are girls that play. Only the occasional SSMB. But I do have many friends who are boys who play and who I can talk with about video games. At first the boys would all stare if I got into one of their video game disscussions. Now, they just welcome me in the conversation. Feels pretty good. But some still think that its cool just to ask me out cause of that..kind of stupid :p

Angelz*and*Emoz
05-17-2006, 03:18 AM
me and ALL of my friends are gamers, and were ALL girls.witch is funny, cause theres not one guy that i know of in my school who games more than us.... isnt that sad?

Freya
05-17-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm very patient when it comes to games, so I don't usually rush out to buy new ones or preorder; I can wait until I can afford it.
Yeah i'm only getting a job this summer so i can get a PS3.... Hardcore Gamer here. :cool:

Ya Boy Alex
05-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Girls play video games?
Stop preaching this blasphemy.

dirkdirden
05-17-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm enough gamer for the both of us.

I know about 10 girls that are "gamers" and I wouldn't date any of them.

But if you did manange to find an atractive girl gamer who wasn't lazy or too tomboyish and not too much like you that would be cool. But every girl gamer I know is too much like me for me to like them.

eestlinc
05-17-2006, 05:32 AM
i used to live in ohio, but i'm not a girl.

theundeadhero
05-17-2006, 05:39 AM
My 13 year old sister plays games. I didn't even influence her. She does it on her own.

dirkdirden
05-17-2006, 06:28 AM
My 13 year old sister plays games. I didn't even influence her. She does it in her own.

There you go. Now you have a Girlfriend who plays videogames.

theundeadhero
05-17-2006, 06:31 AM
i used to live in ohio, but i'm not a girl.I used to be a girl, but I didn't live in Ohio.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-17-2006, 08:36 AM
i used to live in ohio, but i'm not a girl.I used to be a girl, but I didn't live in Ohio.
I used to be Ohio, but I didn't live in a girl.

Meat Puppet
05-17-2006, 08:46 AM
What the hell does Ohio have to do with it?

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Baby, Ohio has everything to do with it.

Badge
05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey I'm a girl yeah i like girly stuff but yeah i like to kick ass too. I do martial arts and i live for my playstation. I'm totally engrosed in Final Fantasy and I'm sure many girls are. Boys seem to think they know everything and anything to do with games. You know what i had to help my ex boyfriend with GTA:San Andreas, a girl help a boy! I give advice to many of my boys that are friends advice on games. So i think lads need to embrace the fact that girls play games too, and we get just as envolved and upset especially when Aeris dies....:p

Loony BoB
05-17-2006, 10:17 AM
*heart skips a beat at a poster in this thread*

Almost all the girls I know game at least a little.

Almost all the girls I know are registered on this site, though, so there goes that theory. But seriously, girls game almost as much as guys do nowadays. It's pretty normal.

hardboiled
05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey I'm a girl yeah i like girly stuff but yeah i like to kick ass too. I do martial arts and i live for my playstation. I'm totally engrosed in Final Fantasy and I'm sure many girls are. Boys seem to think they know everything and anything to do with games. You know what i had to help my ex boyfriend with GTA:San Andreas, a girl help a boy! I give advice to many of my boys that are friends advice on games. So i think lads need to embrace the fact that girls play games too, and we get just as envolved and upset especially when Aeris dies....:p

Wow... another person who cried when Aeris died? ... and a girl?... I'm in love..haha... really though, it's cool to see girls get down w/ FF, personally I've never met 1... so I really am in love with you!

Loony BoB
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow... another person who cried when Aeris died? ... and a girl?... I'm in love..haha... really though, it's cool to see girls get down w/ FF, personally I've never met 1... so I really am in love with you!
Steady, now.

1,885 EoFFers have updated their profile to list their Gender as "F". Of those that have updated to include their gender as eitehr "F" or "M", 28% of them are Female. So uh... if you've never met one, get used to it. Over one in four members of EoFF, by that statistic, are female.

Marshall Banana
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't know many other girls that play video games, but I just blame that on where I live. It doesn't seem that uncommon to me. The ones I have met didn't seem boyish or anything, though. They were just total girly fangirls. XD

crazybayman
05-17-2006, 03:57 PM
my girlfriend bought me my PS2 for Christmas a few years back. Up to then I hadn't done much gaming in years, just because I didn't bother.

She had an N64, but is in University and is a hardcore studier, so she wouldn't have time for it. Hence she doesn't game much anymore, but she tolerates me gaming. :p She rules.

Jess
05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
People around here aren't really shocked to find out that I play video games as I'm also totally into football aswell, and I hang around with guys most of the time.

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I know some girl gamers. One is pretty tomboyish and plays stuff liek WoW and DotA but all the others play typical girl games like Gunbound and Ragnarok Online.

I once knew a girl that played Soul Calibur 2. She was awesome good with her Ivy. I beat her pretty solidly with my Cassandra, but none of my other characters could take her because she was so damn good on the offense. I had to use Cassandra and kind of sit back and wait for the opportunity for counter hit to present itself. Punishment play is evil but effective.

Breine
05-17-2006, 05:35 PM
One of my best friends is a girl and she is more of a geek when it comes to games than me - She can play all around the clock for a week without even thinking about stopping.

I know several girls that like to play computer and console games, and I know a couple that own their own PlayStation, Gamecube etc. For example, my little sister has just bought a Gamecube just so that she could play Mario Cart Double Dash, and she is 10 - I must have had somewhat of an influence on her.. :choc2:
Anyway, in my experience girls like to play console games and such, but they mostly don't own their own console to play on - they just play when they're at a friend's house or something. Many of my friends who are girls have played at my house, and it is honestly very enjoying to look at. For the most part they like to play Tekken and they button-mash like no other when they do, and comment on the female characters' outfits, hairstyles, attitude and so on... Also, many of them seem to be keen of Jin :)