PDA

View Full Version : Did Reno and Rude die?

PontiusPilate
05-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Did Reno and Rude die? I was wondering, because they never showed what happened to them after the explosion and it never showed them escaping.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-17-2006, 01:31 AM
they were in the ending....

TheAbominatrix
05-17-2006, 02:09 AM
They're standing with Tseng and Elena in front of Rufus' wheelchair when the healing rain comes down. They survived.

~SapphireStar~
05-17-2006, 11:28 AM
They're standing with Tseng and Elena in front of Rufus' wheelchair when the healing rain comes down. They survived.
Yeah you need to go and watch it again. Not that you need to keep an eye out cause its as plain as day. And as if those 2 would be killed by a mere bomb blast or 2 :D

Duncan
05-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Didn't you learn in FFVII the game that they're actually invincable? All the times you kick their butt either with KotR or Omnislash and yet after the battle they walk away as if bored?

Halenite
05-17-2006, 06:36 PM
haven't you heard? The Turks are famous for coming back from the dead!

1: Tseng came back after Sephiroth killed him (I know it was a translation error on Square's part, just figured I'd say it)
2: Tseng and Elena come back after being tortured by Kadaj and crew
3: Reno and Rude come back after being blown to bits by their own bomb.

Looks like out of the four, Tseng REALLY likes to live.

PontiusPilate
05-17-2006, 11:06 PM

1: Tseng came back after Sephiroth killed him (I know it was a translation error on Square's part, just figured I'd say it)

And with one little stab wound, aeris is dead.

*~Angel Wing~*
05-17-2006, 11:52 PM

lol that's very true though. And what about Rufus? He gets blown up in a building and then is able to walk and has no scars or anything. Then Cloud gets shot in the face and stabbed in the shoulder and is fine. :laugh: Aeris died right away cuz she just REALLY sucks...:eep: :D

Bowser
05-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Aeris dies? :confused:

*~Angel Wing~*
05-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Aeris dies? :confused:
She died in Final Fantasy VII. How can anyone forget that!? It was only THE BEST part of the game!!! :kaohappy2 Sephiroth jumps out of nowhere and sticks his sword through her!!! :D Too bad they were such crappy graphics...you didn't even see a drop of blood!!! :mad: But of course they show some blood at the end after you do Omnislash on Sephy. :rolleyes2 Tch. They should have used the blood for Aeris. I really hated her...:radred: :D

Halenite
05-18-2006, 01:31 PM

lol that's very true though. And what about Rufus? He gets blown up in a building and then is able to walk and has no scars or anything. Then Cloud gets shot in the face and stabbed in the shoulder and is fine. :laugh: Aeris died right away cuz she just REALLY sucks...:eep: :D

I forgot about Rufus. Actually Cloud wasn't shot in the face. Since I'm assuming you mean the shot Yazoo got in in the beginning, it just hit Cloud's shades.

Mercen-X
05-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Yeah, but unless those shades were metallic, the bullet should have gone straight through Cloud's head. Unless that dumbass Yahoo is using freaking pellets.

TheAbominatrix
05-19-2006, 04:10 AM
I doubt it was a direct shot, it probably just winged him on the glasses. Without the glasses, it'd probably just take off a slightly large chuck of skin.

Meow
05-19-2006, 07:32 AM
As opposed to a Phil.

Shiny
05-19-2006, 09:52 PM
... Who's Phil? But yeah all the turks are alive...well except for Vincent he's sort of dead. How Rufus survived that explosion I'll never know...

And WHY is he in a wheelchair and has bandages when he doesn't even need them? Craziness. I seriously think Rufus, Tseng, and Elena should have died. Square needs to kill off more characters fo' real.

TheAbominatrix
05-20-2006, 05:22 AM
He has Geostigma. This is why he's in the wheelchair and bandages.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 04:35 PM
you cant kill the turks i mean threre cool as crap specaliy reno and rude but i dont know how they survived that explosion but they did maby they dove off the bridge after cloud rode past?

PontiusPilate
05-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I think he had a wheel chair and bandages (for the most part) to trick Kadaj into thinking he's disabled from walking/ any other movement. Im guessing he also planned the little thing where he jumped off the building with the head. Good trick, pity i didnt successfully work

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but what kind of ending would the movie have had without an awsome Cloud/Sephiroth battle sequnce?

TheAbominatrix
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
He has the wheelchair and bandages because he HAS GEOSTIGMA. He wears bandages like Cloud, Denzel, and others suffering the disease. He's weak to the point where he cannot walk.

Geostigma is the reason. He isnt trying to trick Kadaj, he has been stated officially as having Geostigma.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah well the healing rain comes you can see it leave him like it did on cloud and the others and hes in the wheel chair cause the stigma makes him weak and he cant walk good

DarkLadyNyara
05-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I think he had a wheel chair and bandages (for the most part) to trick Kadaj into thinking he's disabled from walking/ any other movement. Im guessing he also planned the little thing where he jumped off the building with the head. Good trick, pity i didnt successfully work

As it has been stated, he has Geostigma. Also, he didn't jump, Kadaj blasted him off the ledge.

Halenite
05-21-2006, 04:36 AM
it was actually more of a dodge and he fell with it.

Xurts
05-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Halenite, Vincent saves Tseng and Elena. He says that at the Forgotten City. I noticed that neither Tseng nor Elena had any kind of wound or bandage on them though. Yet they were supposedly "brutally tortured" and brought back to the Forgotten City "half dead". Vincent must have used some uber powerful curative magic....

Reno and Rude definately did not die at the bridge in AC. Why would they let their own bomb kill them? That makes no sense at all. If anything, they would've jumped off of the bridge. It's also possible that they had Tseng and Elena's help.

Tseng's presence in AC is a bit strange, I have to admit. You would think that the injury from Sephiroth would've killed him. But I guess not.

Mokoto
05-21-2006, 08:32 PM
They had the helicopter with them, so they must of got away.

Shiny
05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Tseng's presence in AC is a bit strange, I have to admit. You would think that the injury from Sephiroth would've killed him. But I guess not.
I know! I thought for sure he would die. How can Aeris die from Sephiroth and not Tseng that's crap. :confused:

Halenite
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
because Sephiroth stabbed Aeris in the chest. He only slashed Tseng from what it shows.

Shiny
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Really? In the chest I thought it was in her abdomen.

PontiusPilate
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty sure he stabbed her around her diaphram

TheAbominatrix
05-23-2006, 01:12 AM
The point is that she was stabbed in a vital area. Tseng was only slashed.

*~Angel Wing~*
05-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah, but unless those shades were metallic, the bullet should have gone straight through Cloud's head. Unless that dumbass Yahoo is using freaking pellets.
Exactly, especially at that close of a distance.

No, the point is she died!!! :kaohappy2 :D

Halenite
05-23-2006, 04:34 AM

Thank you. I just say the chest because that's where the heart is. I didn't like Aeris much.

ThaJinx
05-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Exactly, especially at that close of a distance.Well, maybe they were (metallic, or pellets, whichever you choose to read that as). It's pretty clear by the end of the scene that the gang was just sizing Cloud up and trying to rattle him.

In any case, the question is answered. A bald guy with glasses and a red-head with a cattle prod are too cool for the mere likes of mortality.

Xurts
05-24-2006, 02:42 AM

Thank you. I just say the chest because that's where the heart is. I didn't like Aeris much. I HATED Aeris when I was forced to take her with me to the Temple of the Ancients. She was pretty much worthless in battle, except for the occasional Healing Wind.

ThaJinx
05-24-2006, 03:20 AM

Thank you. I just say the chest because that's where the heart is. I didn't like Aeris much. I HATED Aeris when I was forced to take her with me to the Temple of the Ancients. She was pretty much worthless in battle, except for the occasional Healing Wind.And her terrifically powerful magic, and her higher level limit breaks if you chose to find them.

Mirage
05-24-2006, 03:25 AM

You forget that Cloud has 255 vit in the movie, while Aeris, being a mage and all, just had 20ish at the end of disc 1 :D

LunarWeaver
05-24-2006, 04:46 AM
Actually none of them are dead because none of them were alive to begin with...But that's fun-sucking so I better stop that business.

And Cloud has 256 vit...jeez get your stats right, his hair gives +1.

Xurts
05-24-2006, 08:06 AM

Thank you. I just say the chest because that's where the heart is. I didn't like Aeris much. I HATED Aeris when I was forced to take her with me to the Temple of the Ancients. She was pretty much worthless in battle, except for the occasional Healing Wind.And her terrifically powerful magic, and her higher level limit breaks if you chose to find them. Yeah, if you chose to waste hours of fighting battles to unlock her Level 2 and 3 Limits, plus finding her Great Gospel, then she would be alot more useful. It's hardly worth going through all of the unnecessary hassle just so you can beat 2 bosses easier. Hell, if you're that determined to unlock Limits, why not go for Cloud's Meteorain too?

Big D
05-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Tseng is believed dead in the original game - at Icicle Inn, Elena blames Cloud, and possibly punches his lights out, depending on how good the player is at dodging. However, if you speak to Tseng when he's lying 'dead' in the temple, he says he's still alive. Like Rufus escaping the Shinra building, he must've made his way out before the temple collapsed.

In reality, slashing wounds are potentially very bad news - a stab is often preferable, since you bleed less and it's less likely that important bits will fall out. Contrary to what you see in the movies, sword wounds often take days to kill their victims, though it depends on the exact nature of the injury. In Aeris' case, it was a stab from behind that could easily have gone through her spine and liver - both bad, especially the first.

Halenite
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Tseng is believed dead in the original game - at Icicle Inn, Elena blames Cloud, and possibly punches his lights out, depending on how good the player is at dodging. However, if you speak to Tseng when he's lying 'dead' in the temple, he says he's still alive. Like Rufus escaping the Shinra building, he must've made his way out before the temple collapsed.

In reality, slashing wounds are potentially very bad news - a stab is often preferable, since you bleed less and it's less likely that important bits will fall out. Contrary to what you see in the movies, sword wounds often take days to kill their victims, though it depends on the exact nature of the injury. In Aeris' case, it was a stab from behind that could easily have gone through her spine and liver - both bad, especially the first.

I have already pointed out that this was a translation error on Squars part.