PDA

View Full Version : Official Final Fantasy VII Challenges Thread

darkcrimson
05-17-2006, 01:16 AM
This thread is exclusively for the different challenges associated with Final Fantasy VII. With the large amount of ways which you can battle, it gives way for a lot of different challenges that can be accomplished in the game.

I, myself, have only completed the No Materia, Initial Equipment, No Accessories game as well as the Solo Character Challenge, and right now am working on the Lowest Level Possible, which I read somewhere is Level 8 for Cloud, Level 7 for Tifa, and Level 17 for Yuffie. I will beat the game with that party alone.

I am also going to try and figure out a few different challenges which are maybe possible but have not yet been attempted, and that is a little hard because of the amount of challenges that have already been completed. So basically this topic is based off of ideas for challenges, completed challenges, and just anything else associated with Final Fantasy VII challenges.

master of puppets
05-17-2006, 12:26 PM
cool, I myself havn't attempted any such challenges O.O
hope it works for you

darkcrimson
05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah I recommend trying out a few of the easier challenges if you haven't done any because if you jump into, say, a Command Materia Only challenge, than chances are you are going to run into a problem. I personally would start with a low level game or an initial equipment game because they let you get used to not doing so much damage by the end of the game and you have to resort to other options.

Right now my party is as follows:

Cloud, Level 8
Tifa, Level 6
Aeris, Level 9

I am just about to go catch a chocobo and cross the swamp and head into the mythril mines.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-18-2006, 10:24 PM
man, i cant do challenges, i find the games quite hard enough with normal strength characters, especially that grappling hook boss just before the sub with the huge materia, that boss got me and i was so angry!

i suppose i'm not experienced enough with FF7 to try any challenges

darkcrimson
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, Carry Armor..he is a bit of a problem even in the normal game, but as long as you use the enemy skill Magic Hammer, he really isn't that harmful.

If the boss battles up to this point has been any indication, then the bosses in this challenge will take a long time to beat, although aren't TOO hard up to this point. I just beat Dyne who is easily a once shot kill with a Right Arm. Jenova-BIRTH was a little monotonous and served to be a bit of a bore after a little while, but alas, there weren't many problems fighting her. Currently my party is as follows:

Cloud, Level 8
Tifa, Level 7
Aeris, Level 11

I'm dumping all the experience on Aeris because she is just going to die and nobody will know her level anyway. I am currently heading over to Cosmo Canyon, and that should be simple as well, as Gi Nattak goes down in a single shot with an elixir. I'm not entirely sure if the Stingers are susceptible to mini or toad or anything like that, because if they are, it will be very simple to beat them and get that over with.

anorexorcist
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
surely tifa and clouds levels are gonna rise due to all the bosses after aeris dies, or are you going to kill them off before you beat each boss

keep up the good work, will be good to see if it succeeds :)

Carl the Llama
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
he will rolly use yuffie for the kill on the bosses hence her level 14

Sardauker
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Yep Stingers can be wasted easily by turning them into toads. That sting bomb attack can be really painful otherwise. :)

blue phoenix
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
use frog song, same principle but its less mp and puts them to sleep.

Zeromus_X
06-08-2006, 10:39 AM
The closest thing to a 'challenge' was beating Sephiroth with solo Cloud no materia and the Buster Sword. Which isn't really a challenge compared to other things. (But it made Seph more difficult, so it fulfilled it's purpose.)