PDA

View Full Version : Ahh missing some percentage points. (spoiler warning)

Croyles
05-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Ok im in chapter 5. My closest save to where i know for a fact that i got all the percentage is in chapter 4 at 72% complete. Im now at chapter 5, im pretty sure ive seen all the scenes (including brother drunk and talking about yuna) and ive got episode complete for zanakarnd, besaid, kilika, luca and Mi'ihen Highroad (Rikku was the culprit). Ive also watched the newest Crimson Sphere (5 i think it was). At this point I should be at 82% complete but its still rounded down to 81% (im guessing im only missing 0.1% or something).
What have I done wrong!! I do not have a clue. Any ideas?

Tavrobel
05-17-2006, 02:38 AM
It probably is rounding down. How the scenes in FFX-2 work is that each scene gives you parts of a point. Very few parts of the game give you more than 1% at any point of dialogue or full scene, with the exception of certain areas, that DO give more than .20% per line. Fortunately, most of those scenes are skipped by uising the Square function.

Otherwise, you accidentally pressed "X" during a scene that provides you with percentage, and you lost the percentage that you skipped (you can't get it back). Don't worry, there's an extra 4% in the game, total. Percents are given in intervals/multiples of .20%. Not only that, there's the handy dandy New Game+ accomodation, allowing you to get that other % you need.

Shaun_lawless
05-17-2006, 03:17 AM
have you done the legendary fiend in the desert and trema and the crimson cave?

obsessed_wif_yuna
05-17-2006, 09:54 AM
um.. spoilers people??

Tavrobel
05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
um.. spoilers people??

Umm, no.

Yeah, so in short, the game is rounding down, or you accidentally pressed "X" and skipped a line. To get the other 20% for Perfect, you might have to do a New Game+, unless you just started CH5. I'm not even sure that there's 20% in CH5.

Croyles
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
thanks for the help. theres definitely at least 20% in chapter 5, what with every location being a hotspot and the via infinito area etc. I guess ill just have to go back a couple of saves.
I wrote spoiler warning on the thread title so people should know.
Theres a lot of things I havnt done in chapter 5 yet Shaun_lawless but the point is that according to the walkthrough I should be at 82% exactly where I am now. So I probably missed something very minor (grrr).

Tavrobel
05-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Surprisingly enough, the percentage in CH5 is low (not quite as high as the other chapters).
Most of the areas are wrapping things up, and the few major gameplay spots only give around 1.4%.

I could be wrong, but the end also does depend on who you allied with. If you allied the Youth League, then there's a chance you can get the last 18%. I'll have to check my strategy guide for the number amounts.

Croyles
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah i allied youth league. I restarted and its going good so far, so I hope I get that 82%.

BTW, does anyone know if the squatter monkey capturing mission in Kilika HAS to be done in order to get 100% (NOT the zanarkand one)? I didnt do the kilika one, cause the walkthrough said I didnt need to.

EDIT: I now know why im missing percentage:

At the beginning of chapter 5 when you go in the engine room and examine around the back, Buddy comes in and tells the story of how he and brother found the airship. Theres supposed to be two parts to the story, you hear the first part when you have 60% or over, and the second part 75% or over. If you havnt listened to it yet and your over 75%, your supposed to hear BOTH stories. However, I noticed that even though im over 75% I only get the first story, and I dont I get the second one where Buddy talks about having to eat a gull. What am I doing wrong???

EDIT AGAIN: Ok I got it, you have to watch the crimson sphere 5 before speaking to Buddy in the Engine Room.