PDA

View Full Version : [A] Clock

Rye
05-17-2006, 11:40 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/clock1.jpg

Just one at the moment. I'll take some more later. It was grandfather's clock. I've been trying to practice flash-less photography. :)

Rocket Edge
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
nice photo, and nice to look at. i know the approach your going for and it works ;)

Rengori
05-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Your grandfather has a kickass clock.

~SapphireStar~
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
My mum has that clock, do the little spheres spin round? That is a classy photo though, I really like it.

Moon Rabbits
05-18-2006, 12:13 AM
A+. I really like the half of the kids head you can see behind it for some reason...

Rye
05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Thank you so much guys! I love that clock too. Those little sphere things to spin around, and sometimes, and has a beautiful chime. :)

Laugh at face of Danger
05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
both of mine broke! i used to have two, but the balls stopped spinning and -

it's a lovely photograph, i've never been much use with a camera, so i don't know the first thing about photography, but great stuff

Miriel
05-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Not really sure about the composition. It seems to be lacking a real focal point and there's not much... organization to the image. I'm not sure if I'm making sense. It just seems a bit cluttered to me, like I'm not really sure where to look and nothing within the frame of the picture stands out to me.

I think you have a real eye for photography but you need to work on your compostitions and mise en scène. Have you learned the rule of thirds in your photography classes? That's a real classic and effective way to arrange your images and it's a great starting point in terms of learning how your angles and how to frame things within an image.

Fuzakeru
05-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Pesonally I think the composition is fine. The long stands on the clock bring your eyes up, the circle on the clock face swings it around, and the brick in the back take your eye to the right ( the top of the picture frame does that too ).

( Though, I don't know much about photography and that's speaking soley from a lazy artist XD )

I find half the face behind the clock to be extremely interesting as well. It could be interperted as growth due to time with all the pictures and how photos are simply shots of images from our memories.

<3 Its a great shot, Rye.