PDA

View Full Version : I made it to the Dark Cloud

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
... but I can't hurt this sucker at all. I read that in order to actually do damage to it I need to free all the 'Dark Warriors' exactly what am I supposed to do, where are these Warriors at?

Crossblades
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
These Warriors are in the Dark World. They are in each corner of the world. Yeah, Dark Cloud does weaken if you free the warriors from the crystals

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid, how do I get to the dark world?

Hinky the Pickle
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
When you fight Dark Cloud for the first time you're supposed to let her kill you. Then if memory serves correctly, you should be in the dark world, or at least close enough to the dark world that it should be obvious where to go. Then you basically just have to go to each corner of the dark world, each corner being guarded by a boss.

Tavrobel
05-17-2006, 08:26 PM
The first DarkCloud battle, you are supposed to let her kill you.
After you are revived by the spirit of Dorga, you will be in the DarkWorld, completely healed. You can go of 4 directions, top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right.

In each of the rooms is a Treasure Chest holding a Ribbon (the best helm, I think), guarded by Zande Clones. Clones have the same attack pattern as Zande (Lv8 magic then Libra, repeat) and not nearly as much HP.

Going further, after finding all the trap (fake) walls, walk through them, and find the guardians of the Dark Crystals: Echinda, Cerberus, Two-Headed Dragon, and Ahriman. Echinda and Ahriman are very magic intensive, using Lv8 magics rapidly and each turn; these battles are a matter of doing as much damage as you can as quickly as you can. Cerberus and Two Headed Dragon are more traditional, using Physical attacks, and a weak Area attack. Stick everyone in the back row, and throw Shurikens, or Ragnarok/FullMoon.

After rescuing the Dark Warriors, you can head straight up the middle and fight the DarkCloud. How her HP works is dependant on how many Dark Warriors you rescued, reducing 500 HP per Dark Warrior. You must rescue at least one of them to de-invincible the DarkCloud. In this battle, bust out all the stops, using all Shuriken, and Bahamut on the first turn. After that turn, make the Sages Cure4. You should survive, and kill the DarkCloud within 5-8 rounds.

Sir Bahamut
05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
How her HP works is dependant on how many Dark Warriors you rescued, reducing 500 HP per Dark Warrior. You must rescue at least one of them to de-invincible the DarkCloud.

Actually, you have to rescue ALL of the Dark Warriors in order to make her possible to beat. Freeing one, two or three won't do anything, and her HP will always be the same regardless.

Tavrobel
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Odd, I could've sworn that I beat her with one Warrior. Ohh well, I haven't played it in several years.

Amendment: Rescue all of the Dark Warriors.

Zeromus_X
05-17-2006, 10:20 PM
To note, casting Death on the Ribbon-guarding Zande Clones will kill them instantly, saving you using up your resources on a tough fight.

Shuriken rock.

Erdrick Holmes
05-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Actually, I managed to save one of the Dark Warriors but Dark Cloud was still invicible. i thought if you freed just one it was just enough to weaken it.

Madonna
05-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Amendment: Rescue all of the Dark Warriors.You should be good to go if you harken to this, Joel. *thumbs up*